Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-07-2000, 01:49 PM   #21
Eruve

Re: I know this is an OLD thread,

When I first came on the net, I started calling myself Elyse (which is my older daughter's name). Someone posted a link on one of the Tolkien news groups that led to a page telling you how to translate your name to Quenya. Eruve is Elyse in Quenya.

Old 03-07-2000, 06:27 PM   #22
Finduilas

I first used Finduilas for my usename for Geocities (where my page used to be) then a friend installed ICQ so I started using it there. After that, I needed a better name for my site than "JRR Tolkien page" so it became Finduilas's Tolkien Page.
I had wanted an obscure name, but did not pick a background for the name (I had a choice). Some of my friends on ICQ started referring to me as an elf, so that choice was made for me. Finduilas, daughter of Orodreth.
Then here, luck came into play again. The name was unused on the ezboards.

Old 03-07-2000, 10:42 PM   #23
Lauren Weasley

I use this id all the time, NO ONE is going to have an imaginary book character for a children's book series registered!

Old 03-08-2000, 12:31 AM   #24
HarryPotterbookfan

Well

Okay. HPbf I tried to register HarryPotterfan and puter crashed. I thought better of it and register HarryPotterbookfan instead. Hermione aka SmartyPants:I copied someone. I wanna be HP:for the wanna be board. laughinghappycat:my HoTMaiL name. the knpb kitten:I get on the net @ knpb(where my mom works)and mostly my screen name is kitten there. Hence, the knpb kitten.

Old 03-08-2000, 02:13 AM   #25
anduin

Re: Well

Yeah, but what does "knbp" stand for?

Old 03-08-2000, 03:53 AM   #26
Spock1

Because I think and tend to speak like him.

Old 03-08-2000, 04:08 AM   #27
Elanor

do you? How droll.

Old 03-08-2000, 11:59 PM   #28
HarryPotterbookfan

knpb is the call letters for the TV station my mom works for.

Old 03-09-2000, 01:15 AM   #29
anduin

Very cool.

Old 03-10-2000, 02:36 AM   #30
dmaul97

sdrthsrth

I had the aol sn jaeson5, and to spite me Greg made the aim sn jaeson2. To respond to his traumatic offense I made the aim dmaul97 because he had the aim dmaul96. When I arrived at this board, to once again spite Greg, I made the username dmaul96. However, that was recently banned by Tater. So, to compensate I made the curretn username dmaul97.

Old 09-25-2000, 02:39 PM   #31
Son of the Suns I

Re: sdrthsrth

I forgot to mention that I added the "I" to my name, because Son of the Suns was already taken. I think I was the one to register it, but I forgot the password.

Old 09-25-2000, 04:43 PM   #32
Miralys

Re: sdrthsrth

Well my story is really rather simple but my name is pretty cool (I think so anyways) I get comments about it all the time. It comes from a character in one of my favorite series, Darkover. It's a fantasy series written by Marion Zimmer Bradley. It's great stuff. The character's name is Miralys Elhalyn. The last name sounds pretty lame in comparison so I dropped it. I am Miralys everywhere on the web including my email, homepage and AIM.

Old 09-25-2000, 09:39 PM   #33
Gilthalion

A long time ago...

I barely recall. The local Society for Creative Anachronism had put something together and somehow I was there, back when I was first in college.

I needed a name, and since these folk all had their fancy names and titles, and were all into Tolkien, too, I asked if I could have an Elf name! They grudgingly admitted that this was sometimes done, but they were really more into the authentic medieval thing.

I came up with "Gilthalion." It was a poor effort to translate "Robert" (shining fame) back in the days before the internet, and when there were few resources available to one of my means...

When I registered to post here, I remembered the name.

I don't think I even got close, except by a far stretch!

I couldn't find anything for "shining" so I took gil or "star".

I couldn't find anything for "fame" so I took thalion, the actual meaning of which I have long forgotten!

Old 09-26-2000, 12:41 AM   #34
Johnny Lurker

It stemmed from a long, long time ago.

It has nothing to do with being a "lurker" ( www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame58.html )... Actually, you would all be really freaked out if I explained about the game that I took the name from, so I won't go there.

Old 09-26-2000, 01:30 AM   #35
Shanamir Duntak

Re: It stemmed from a long, long time ago.

Thalion: Strong, fearless.

Old 09-26-2000, 03:10 AM   #36
XUESSGES

I turned on caps lock, and hit my arm on the keyboard

Old 09-26-2000, 04:27 AM   #37
arynetrek

it's my name...

aryne *

Old 09-26-2000, 06:14 AM   #38
Pippin Skywalker

Well..it's pretty obvious I have split personality disorder

Pippin is to display my love of Lord of the Rings ....also it sounds chipper and lively..so it fits me to a T because I'm really like that!

Skywalker: DUH!

Old 09-26-2000, 11:52 PM   #39
Gilthalion

Gilthalion

gil -star
thalion -fearless/strong

"Fearless Star" or "Strong Star"

???

Not bad! I thought it sounded neat! (Of course, a euphonious language was precisely what Tolkien intended!)

Thanks, Shan!

Old 09-27-2000, 07:06 PM   #40
dunedain lady

As to my name, "blue roses" was already taken, which would have been my first choice (long story); so I decided to find a Tolkien name. I play a dunedain on T2T MUD, hence, dunedain lady.