Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-18-2002, 12:58 AM   #21
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by TwirlingString

I really like Elvenbane and ElvenBlood, but I can't find elvenborn!
THere's another one? what?

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 10:46 AM   #22
TinuvielChild
Padawan

i know she was writing "Elvenborn", but i don't know if it's out yet. i remember seeing something about it on Amazon.com 2 years ago, i just haven't seen it in stores is all.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 04:25 PM   #23
Eruviel Greenleaf

oh. thanks. i didn't know that.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 04-18-2002, 07:41 PM   #24
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
I don't suppose its out yet
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 12:05 PM   #25
TinuvielChild
Padawan

hold on a sec while i check Amazon.com.....k.
it's being published July 2002. don't know anything else about it. there's a new book out! in the Firerose series, i don't know what else to call it. the books in that series are The Firerose, The Serpent's Shadow, and the new one, The Gates of Sleep. they're the ones with the Elemental Masters. those are my absolute favorites, even more so than the Serrated edge or Di Tregardes. check them out!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-20-2002, 12:08 PM   #26
TinuvielChild
Padawan

oooooh! and apparently there's a new Eric Banyon book out! (March, 2002) called "The Shadow of the Lion". i haven't read it, or the Gates of Sleep, but i will soon.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-20-2002, 12:46 PM   #27
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I have a question. WHO IS MERCEDES LACKEY??????what books she has??? maybe I'll read some...
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 12:57 PM   #28
Eruviel Greenleaf

*cough* don't bother *cough*

Sorry, um, I said nothing. . .ask the other people, Radagast, they, uh, appreciate her work more than I do...

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 04-20-2002, 01:18 PM   #29
TinuvielChild
Padawan

lol Eruviel!! basically Mercedes Lackey is a fantasy author, definitely not as good as the good Professor T., but better (IMO) than J.K. Rowling. she writes all sorts of stuff, but the majority of her stuff is her Valdemar series (gee, i wonder where she got that name? or Lake Evendim?) and she has a tendency to copy some of Tolkien's stuff in the Valdemar books. i recommend the SERRA-ted edge books, or the Diana Tregardes, or any of them that aren't Valdemar. i mean, the Valdemar ones are great, but i personally prefer the others. yes Eruviel, i know you aren't much of a mercedes Lackey fan, but that's all right. we're entitled to our different opinions (oh my Eru, i sound like my guidance counselor! hellllpp!! )

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-20-2002, 02:04 PM   #30
Eruviel Greenleaf

It's okay, I've only read the Valdemar ones anyway. I liked the first one...anyway. Anyone read The Black Swan? It's okay, the writing isn't that great, but it's based on Swan Lake, so it's a good story...although occasionaly she has N. American raptors in a story set in medieval Europe...(yeah, I'm picky. wouldn't be surprised if there were tomatos and taters in it too...*mumbles something about new world species...*)

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 04-20-2002, 03:43 PM   #31
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
TinuvielChild, you told me Serpents Shadow was a STAND-ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's another Eric Banyon coming out? I wonder what's gonna happen to his daughter? Tanim was in the last one. I've read the Black Swan, it's okay.
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 04-20-2002, 07:51 PM   #32
TinuvielChild
Padawan

huh? TwirlingString, most of that last post was absolute gibberish, to me at least! when did i ever tell you the Serpent's Shadow was a stand alone? (what does that mean, anyway? not quite sure, in this context) i know Eric has a daughter, and Tannim??? oh yeah he was wasn't he? yeah with Chinthliss. sorry. zonk-out moment.

the Black Swan is okay, but nothing special. i personally thought it was not one of her better works. please, if you haven't read the Firerose, please go do so now!! i love that book.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-20-2002, 09:46 PM   #33
TinuvielChild
Padawan

oopsy daisy, my bad! excuse me everyone who has been operating under the false assumption that Shadow of a Lion is a new Eric Banyon. I had false information from an incompetent source. Shadow of a Lion is a new book but not a new one in the Bedlam's Bard series. For more information, please check www.amazon.com. thank you.

do i sound silly?

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-22-2002, 08:16 PM   #34
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

Mercedes Lackey is pretty good. Even though, after awhile all that extra mush love stuff does get anoying. my favorite set of her books are her Owl Flight, Owl Sight, Owl Knight. They are awesome!!!!!!! I have read most of her books and they get really descriptive . what goes on in that womans' mind????
I am Morwen, Lady of Darkness.

Her head was bowed,
from all the tears and pain,
but she would rise again
Lady of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 08:45 PM   #35
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Welcome to the Moot, Lady of Darkness! i liked the Owl series myself, they're some of her better Valdemar ones, but i still think the others (non-Valdemar) are better. *shrug* and if you're still innocent enough to be annoyed by lotsa romance in novels, you don't want to know what goes on in her mind. or my mind, for that matter .

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-24-2002, 03:18 PM   #36
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

Thank-you TinuvielChild!!!!!!!!!!

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 04-24-2002, 03:26 PM   #37
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

TinuvielChild, I am deprived( ) and really only have some of her books(like one series GRRRRRR!!!!!!) can you bring some to school tommorrow so I can borrow them? thank-you!!!!!!!
by the way, I definatly don't want to know what goes on in your mind. they are your own private thoughts. Never hear about what I dream about at night. Ask me about my Ms. White dream tommorrow. It's so stupid and funny!!!!!!!!

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 04-27-2002, 07:47 PM   #38
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Do i know you LoD? if not have TC introduce us. I wandered all over the place when I was reading her series. I really liked 4 and 20 blackbirds. TC introduced me to Nora Roberts so she not the best person to complain to about descriptiveness.

Old 04-27-2002, 08:02 PM   #39
TinuvielChild
Padawan

lol TwirlingString, but wasn't that Veronica that introduced you to Nora Roberts??? either way...

which books do you have, LoD? so i know what to bring on Day 6. (tuesday)

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-27-2002, 08:22 PM   #40
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

i think it was you. i agree with your sig, LoD I love Bards, don't you?