Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-29-2003, 04:07 PM   #21
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Balrog_of_Morgoth
Wow, you guys are killing me! I have a policy with these films that I don't watch the trailers before hand. I don't even watch the ones that are included on the DVD. I like to be totally surprised. I was able to hold out with the TTT, but I don't know if I can this time.
I have sort of the same policy. I avoid spoilerdiscussions and reviews. Although I make exception for trailers. Still dowloading by the way....

(3 minutes later)

Downloaded and watched.

*squeals with delight* Looking good, looking good!

I do hope they didn't expand Arwen's role just to see her crying every 5 minutes....

Shelob, no! She looks like a jumping spider! Wrong image, they're too darn cute! I also hope I saw it wrong and that she's bigger than she looks.

Now I'm all excited again and talking all gollum-y. Pleasse make it good preciouss, don't dissappoint poor Ssméarniel. Pleasse be good preciouss.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high after TTT but it's darn hard with this trailer.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:07 PM   #22
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

You can download it here:

http://www.lordoftherings.net/trailer_rotk/video.html
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 04:27 PM   #23
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Wahey! Been looking for a working link for ages. Thanks, matey

* Gaffer doffs his cap in your general direction *
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 04:40 PM   #24
Gamigar
Elven Warrior

Strider

www.apple.com/trailers

this is an english version with good quality
And I must follow if I can
Pursuing it with eager feet
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet
And wither then I can not say
Gamigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 05:05 PM   #25
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Thanks Gaffer Glad I could help out, even in the littlest way
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 09-29-2003, 07:47 PM   #26
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Ok so I've watched this trailer about 4 times now and I get all excited every single time. The best is the gollum/sam conflict and that evil look gollum gives sam. That was great, I am really excited about seeing how that plays out and of course I can't wait to see my PATHS OF THE DEAD!!!

--Linaewen
Old 09-29-2003, 10:03 PM   #27
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
I do hope they didn't expand Arwen's role just to see her crying every 5 minutes....
IMHO, this ROTK movie will make it crystal clear to everyone why Arwen's role in the films was expanded.

The ROTK trailer includes three separate clips that show Arwen going through some actual procedure to lose her immortality.
Black Breathalizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 04:20 AM   #28
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

The Gaffer couldn't be more excited if he was going to a tater convention.

"Come to Smeagol" gets the Oscar
Minas Morgul looks fantastic
Dernhelm is in!
brief glimpse of Shelob
the Last Debate
Gandalf vs Nazgul
Gratuitous shots of Legolas for the gammers
Gratuitous shots of Arwen for the gaffers
what more could you ask?

Well, OK, I wonder about Cirith Ungol, the whole timing of events re: the Black Gate, the Pyre of Denethor, Palantir, Voice of Saruman, etc. Lots to look forward to.

My guess is they've swapped the Dunedain with Elrond bringing Anduril to Aragorn.
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 05:10 PM   #29
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

nooo!!! i cant download anything onto this computer!!!! this sux!!!!!

oh well.... now i have to spend $ to see secondhand lions just for the ROTK trailer before it....
Old 09-30-2003, 05:41 PM   #30
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gaffer
My guess is they've swapped the Dunedain with Elrond bringing Anduril to Aragorn.
I've been deleted from the movie

--Linaewen
Old 09-30-2003, 09:34 PM   #31
The Ben
Really Smelly Orc

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
I've been deleted from the movie
I Just saw the new trailer!! Its so cooool!!!

and it does say stuff about anduril.
Old 09-30-2003, 09:40 PM   #32
The Ben
Really Smelly Orc

Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot
I've downloaded a small version of the trailer. I'm still buzzing with excitement after seeing that. I'm just... overwhelmed right now. Now if only they could post the full-screen... then I'll go into a lot more detail about what I noticed...

Wow.

"We cannot achieve victory through strength of arms." YES. YES! Gandalf's speech in V.9 ("The Last Debate") is, to me, one of the critical passages of dialogue in the book (kind of like how the "Samwise the Brave" bit at the end of TTT nearly brings me to tears every time). I was cheering in front of my computer when I heard that.

Look how red Sauron's eye is in that one flash-cut.

Eomer weeping by a dying or dead Theoden...

Dernhelm's identity is pretty obvious by the voice, but we'll see how that is handled... There's a GREAT shot of Eowyn pulling off her helmet at that critical moment in the Pelennor Fields - it went by so fast I didn't even catch it the first time...

Galadriel reaching out to Frodo - where is that? It looks like Lothlorien... how does this fit in?

Aragorn meets up with Elrond again - does Elrond go to him to deliver the reforged sword, or what happens?

SHELOB!!! (Actually looks a little small but I was watching a small trailer... in fact, I think that's just her head)

As for the LAST SHOT in that trailer. I think that's self-explanatory. The big moment.

Oh, and they back up the trailer with the NEW Howard Shore score! It's a fully fleshed-out rendition of the Gondor theme that we heard once or twice on a trumpet in The Fellowship of the Ring.

Shelob is pretty small, even on the large trailer.

Eowyn pulls off her helmet? I've seen the trailer 90 times now and I still can't see that. Better watch it again!...
Old 09-30-2003, 10:07 PM   #33
Goatee
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ben
. . .
I think that quick glimpse of Shelob is misleading. I thought she looked small the first few times I watched the trailer, but after I watched it frame by frame I noticed that (looking at the upper right part of the screen) she has a very large abdomen that is mostly blocked by the curve of the tunnel. I think she is much bigger than she looks in the trailer.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:26 PM   #34
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Goatee
I think that quick glimpse of Shelob is misleading. I thought she looked small the first few times I watched the trailer, but after I watched it frame by frame I noticed that (looking at the upper right part of the screen) she has a very large abdomen that is mostly blocked by the curve of the tunnel. I think she is much bigger than she looks in the trailer.
Agreed! Remember this is a trailer, there is no way they are going to show what shelob looks like after this long wait and spoiler her in a trailer!!

--Linaewen
Old 09-30-2003, 11:07 PM   #35
zinnite
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Eowyn pulls off her helmet? I've seen the trailer 90 times now and I still can't see that. Better watch it again!...
It's right at the end, when many scenes flash by very quickly. I missed it the first few times myself.
zinnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 06:51 PM   #36
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

shelob might just be far away in the trailer (though i havent seen it)

they supposedly based shelob on what made the hairs on the back of PJs neck stand on end (hes an aracnaphobic) so shelob should definitely be scarier. i mean, he sent back the 1st shelob claiming she wasnt scary enough.

it better be scary, so if ive seen it once before i can grab my aracnaphobic friend's leg to make her spaz in the theater. hehe.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:29 PM   #37
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

Quote:
I just read a review of the 20 minute sneak screening that the press were given last Friday. It mentioned Frodo and Shelob.

It turns out that the spider's body we see in the trailer is just Shelob's Head!!!!

Black Breathalizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 08:35 PM   #38
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Wow. What else can I say?

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 01:25 PM   #39
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

What do you think of the shot of Galadriel reaching out to Frodo? My feeling is that since he is covered in spiderwebs, this either takes place when he remembers that he has the Phial, or it will be another come-back-to-life-type thing (like Arwen and Aragorn in TTT) that takes place after Shelob gets done with him. I'm leaning toward the latter.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 06:11 PM   #40
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Likely. It's the only way you could explain how the setting there is clearly Lothlorien.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote