the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Anduril
New Years 2001.

And no, BoP, I'm not telling.
Dammit!

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackheart
I regret eating that last slice of pizza.

ooooog
Pig...

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Midnight
Therefore regret nothing. Regret only brings pain.
Yes. That's just what I'm trying to stick by. I've made a couple of stupid mistake, which I'll always eternally regret. But if I spent every waking moment regret them, it'd sent me nuts. I wish things could have been different, wish that I didn't leave home so young (16), or that the family thing was all peaches and cream, or waking up drunk next to some skanky drug addict... yeah... I wish I could change somethings, but I can't. So I've moved on. Hopefully to better things. *fingers crossed*
Old 06-01-2002, 01:31 AM   #22
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

galadriel 88

i don't think LM or i were even close to flaming all we have done is express our differences
there has NOT been a been a personal attack by either of us

read some of the other earlier threads for flaming

disagreement does not equal flaming

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 03:08 AM   #23
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Ugh. I'm only 18, and I've done quite a few things I've regretted, but reflecting on it, it's not, well, too bad. Yet there are quite a few times when I look back and wonder why on earth I didn't do something differently. To prevent myself from going around in circles with my thinking out loud-er, typing...whatever, I think I will end this now.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 07:10 AM   #24
Lady Midnight
Elven Warrior

Location: only after 11pm and in an altered state of conciousness
Quote:
Originally posted by galadriel88
*sigh* Guys, can we just have ourselves a nice, calm thread here? Please? AE and LM, I can see you disagree on some things HOWEVER all we want to do here is talk about regrets we have. Everyone makes mistakes - everyone. And we learn from them. That's all we're doing. So could you please try not to turn this into a flame war here? Thank you.

As for me, I don't have anything too major, but I have made plenty of mistakes in my short lifetime of 13 years. I guess my biggest regret is the way I treated my parents before I became a christian. I lied to them half the time, disrespected their authority and was just plain rude to them. I'm not as bad as I was, but I'm still working on it.
Who said anything about a flame war? I certainly haven't flamed anyone. I'm just making the point that what I've been through has made me stronger.

Some good did come out of it because if it hadn't happened I doubt very much that I'd be able to do the work that I do. I work at a helpdesk in a church where we basically provide help to whatever walks through the door. We deal with alchoholism, drug addiction, mental illness, homelessness, anything really.

I don't think I'd be there if I hadn't experienced what I have. I doubt very much that I'd be able to relate quite so well to people in difficulties had I not been in similar difficulties myself.

Of course it is different for everyone but that is my personal experience and how it affects me. Can anyone honestly say that they know more about my personal experience than I do?

Okay so maybe regret is good for some people, maybe for some suffering does not make them stronger but, in the experience of myself and indeed a lot of people I know, it does.

That's all there is to it.

Mod of Mirkwood forum at:
http://pub28.ezboard.com/bmiddleearth99434

Self Proclaimed Lady Of General Messages, Minx of the 'Moot and semi-retired Official Flirt Of The Slipstream, Discipula Lenta and Warrior Priestess of the Wayists. Queen of Dramatic Tension in many RPs.

In the process of setting up a new SF/Fantasy based fanzine. I want Fanfic, short stories, poetry, filks, reviews, artwork, anything you've got really but most of all IDEAS!!!!. You write it I'll take a look at it.

At the moment I can't pay for submissions but all contributors will recieve a complimentary copy and I am confident that I will be able to pay one day.

Please PM me if you have anything.

Never but never buy a computer from TIME. If you want to know why please ask.

Andromeda fans check out:

http://www.slipstreambbs.com/

Last edited by Lady Midnight : 06-01-2002 at 07:11 AM.
Lady Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 08:17 AM   #25
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

(makes note, Lady Midnight very touchy! ) I have a zillion regrets, many dumb choices made, but the biggest is probably... I regret that my only sibling, big brother, died when I was 15. I've missed him so many times in so many ways and it makes me so lonely and there is nothing, NOTHING! I can do about it to improve the situation. Boo hoo, this thread is sad!

Last edited by Lizra : 06-01-2002 at 08:35 AM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 03:08 PM   #26
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

That's awful. It must have been hard. *sigh*
wow life is hard.

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 03:40 PM   #27
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Apologies

Sorry guys, I guess I was just a little ticked off last night. I understand it's not a flame war, sorry for calling it that. I did (and still do) feel that the argument got a little out of hand though. All I want is to be able to keep this thred to what it's suppose to be - talking about the things we regret in our lives and how we learned from them, what good things happened because of them, etc. It just kind of bothers me when there's a big argument in the middle of what would otherwise be a normal, peaceful thread

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 02:05 PM   #28
Blackheart
Elf Lord

*Pours gasoline upon the troubled waters*

err... anyone got a match?

or am I gonna regret this?

Queer haow a cravin' gits a holt on ye -- As ye love the Almighty, young man, don't tell nobody, but I swar ter Gawd thet picter begun ta make me hungry fer victuals I couldn't raise nor buy -- here, set still, what's ailin' ye? ...
Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 02:49 PM   #29
Lady Midnight
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackheart
*Pours gasoline upon the troubled waters*

err... anyone got a match?

or am I gonna regret this?
*LM looks round confused*

Troubled waters? I don't see any troubled waters.

Anyone see any troubled waters?

Self Proclaimed Lady Of General Messages, Minx of the 'Moot and semi-retired Official Flirt Of The Slipstream, Discipula Lenta and Warrior Priestess of the Wayists. Queen of Dramatic Tension in many RPs.

In the process of setting up a new SF/Fantasy based fanzine. I want Fanfic, short stories, poetry, filks, reviews, artwork, anything you've got really but most of all IDEAS!!!!. You write it I'll take a look at it.

At the moment I can't pay for submissions but all contributors will recieve a complimentary copy and I am confident that I will be able to pay one day.

Old 06-02-2002, 03:04 PM   #30
galadriel88

Maybe we should build a bridge.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 06-02-2002, 03:50 PM   #31
Lady Midnight
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by galadriel88
Maybe we should build a bridge.
LOL that might be an idea.

Old 06-02-2002, 03:50 PM   #32
BeardofPants
the Shrike

*Jumps in ankle deep puddle*

Eeee... fun!
Old 06-02-2002, 08:44 PM   #33
galadriel88

OK, hate to be the party pooper here, but...while making jokes about troubled waters is fun, we need to get this thread back on topic or it'll be closed. Please, don't all beat me over the head at once....

Old 06-02-2002, 10:00 PM   #34
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
::sobs:: BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER...::sobs:: Sorry, sang it at my best friend's graduation, I'm a little emotional

Tried to think of my 'biggest regret'. It is a superficial one, but...

Thinking that people have the 'right' to know that someone likes them.
Old 06-03-2002, 11:34 AM   #35
Blackheart
Elf Lord

Regrets are something that can usually be avoided by sufficient planning and the lack of a conscience.

Queer haow a cravin' gits a holt on ye -- As ye love the Almighty, young man, don't tell nobody, but I swar ter Gawd thet picter begun ta make me hungry fer victuals I couldn't raise nor buy -- here, set still, what's ailin' ye? ...
Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 01:46 AM   #36
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
I'd say at 16 I'm far too young to have any major regrets. Many are superficial.
You and me are totally different people, but I have to highly disagree with that comment because I am only 15 and can name a good deal of major regrets. And no, they aren't superficial.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Midnight
Therefore regret nothing. Regret only brings pain.
I must have one very odd form of regret, because it doesn't bring me any pain . . . *scratches her head*

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 06-04-2002 at 01:47 AM.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 11:30 AM   #37
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Yes, we are very different people. I should hope so, wouldn't it be boring if everyone was the same?

I suppose, in my life, I haven't been given any real experiences to regret something immensley.

And even if I did, I'd probably not talk about it here. ::shrug::
Old 06-04-2002, 11:54 AM   #38
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

ooooohhhhhh! Handbags! *runs off to get popcorn*

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 12:01 PM   #39
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

What?
Old 06-04-2002, 12:10 PM   #40
Garina
Elf Lord

Any time there is a duel on the Moot, someone (usually Arathorn!) goes to get popcorn.

At the moment the thing I regret most is being really nasty to my brother before he went on a sailing trip, cos he's in hospital with appendicitus at the moment.
They think he's going to be ok though.
Entmoot Resident Bard #2
Wielder of the shiny fire extinguisher
Worshipper of the divine cheesecake

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, rejoice!!! Minsc, Baldur's Gate 2
Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Dammit, eyeliner and dreadlocks should not be that sexy!
Garina is offline   Reply With Quote