Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-13-2006, 10:39 PM   #21
MangoPi
Enting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperado_51
yea i know what you mean mangopi. i used to draw but i couldnt please myself so i kinda stopped doing it . and reading i find really fun but it keeps me up so late reading a book (and mysteriously always on school nights lol) and the next day i have a hard time staying awake.
Agreed!

Ah books...that sweet sweet succubus...

Narlyë nat vanya!
MangoPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 09:59 PM   #22
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Fairly new over there perhaps, but it's a pretty established sport around here. We have some of the best cyclocrossers in Belgium, including the world champion. It's a bleeding pity it's not an olympic sport because it isn't done in enough countries. It would be about the only sport where we would always be sure to grab olympic metal.
Oh, man! I know it's been popular in Vermont, and my South African aunt was already familiar with it when I told her. But I never knew it was big in Beligium or around Europe. Anyway, it's growing fast over here (I'd assumed it was just born here), so hopefully in four or twelve years the Olympic committee will have caught on. That'll be awesome!

Have you ever seen a race? The courses are so small that they're the easiest races to set up, and plus spectators can see almost everything at once. That's the reason for their sudden boom over here. This spring my work is going to set up a few races ourselves actually. Then eventually I'll be decent enough to try and compete in them.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:28 AM   #23
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadillo
Anyway, it's growing fast over here (I'd assumed it was just born here), so hopefully in four or twelve years the Olympic committee will have caught on. That'll be awesome!
Excellent! Spread the love.

Quote:
Have you ever seen a race? The courses are so small that they're the easiest races to set up, and plus spectators can see almost everything at once. That's the reason for their sudden boom over here. This spring my work is going to set up a few races ourselves actually. Then eventually I'll be decent enough to try and compete in them.
I've never seen any in person, only on TV. But there were quite a few races this month if I'm not mistaken. Bike sports are fairly popular here, next to tennis and football they're about the only sports that are shown regularly on TV. It's sometimes actually quite fun to see, the contestants can get so dirty from all the mud that they can need to be cleaned up a bit to see just who actually won!

Be sure to tell us how the setting up and the racing went in spring.