Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-06-2003, 04:31 AM   #21
Lady of Rivendell
Hobbit

another suggestion...

The best thing to do is go to a site like reel.com and do a search on the actors and actresses. I typed in "Elijah Wood" and it came up with , I believe, about 20 matches for movies he's been in. Great resource!!!

"No," said Faramir, looking into her face. " It was but a picture in the mind. I do not know what is happening. The reason of my waking mind tells me that great evil has befallen and we stand at the end of days. But my heart says nay; and all my limbs are light, and a hope and joy are come to me that no reason can deny. Eowyn, Eowyn, White Lady of Rohan, in this hour I do not believe that any darkness will endure!" And he stooped and kissed her brow.
Lady of Rivendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 10:38 AM   #22
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

When I come to think of it, I once saw Elija in a movie called North too...
Old 01-06-2003, 03:24 PM   #23
azalea
Long lost mooter

It is so weird that this thread was started today. My brother and I went to see TTT w/ my parents yesterday and ended up spending the evening playing "six degrees of Kevin Bacon and other stuff" with the cast of the two LotR movies! We were able to link every member of the fellowship w/ Kevin Bacon except for Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan (sp?). We also connected Elrond, Arwen, Galadriel, Grima, and Saruman. We kept inadvertantly connecting LotR with Fast Times at Ridgemont High, too, through different connections. We also linked Arwen w/ Elvis! AND we did several "circles" where we would pick one of the actors, then through the links would come back around to one of the other members of the cast. It was fun. Here are a few of the "Kevin Bacon" ones:

Frodo: Elijah Wood was in The Good Son w/ McCauley Culkin, who was in Uncle Buck w/ John Candy, who was in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles w/ Kevin Bacon.

Sam: Sean Astin was in The Goonies w/ Martha Plimpton, who was in Parenthood w/ Diane Weist, who was in Footloose w/ Kevin Bacon.

Aragorn: Viggo was in The Perfect Murder w/ Gwenyth Paltrow, who was in that weird movie w/ Matt Damon (?), who was in Ocean's 11 w/ Julia Roberts, who was in Flatliners w/ Kevin Bacon.

Legolas will be in Pirates of the Caribbean (which looks really good, IMO!) with Johnny Depp, who was in What's Eating Gilbert Grape w/ Juliette Lewis, who was in Cape Fear w/ Robert DeNiro, who was in Sleepers w/ Kevin Bacon.

Saruman: Christopher Lee was in Attack of the Clones w/ Natalie Portman who was in Beautiful Girls w/ Timothy Hutton, who was in Ordinary People w/ Donald Sutherland, who was in Animal House w/ Kevin Bacon.

Arwen: Liv Tyler was in Armageddon w/ Ben Affleck, who was in Good Will Hunting w/ Robin Williams, who was in Good Morning Vietnam w/ Forest Whitaker, who was in The Color of Money w/ Tom Cruise, who was in A Few Good Men w/ ...Kevin Bacon.

Gandalf: Ian McKellan was in X-Men w/ Halle Berry, who was in Monster's Ball w/ Billy Bob Thornton (who was in Armageddon w/ Arwen.. oops, wait...) who was in Tombstone w/ Val Kilmer, who was w/ Meg Ryan in The Doors, who was in Sleepless in Seattle w/ Tom Hanks, who was in Apollo 13 w/...Kevin Bacon!

Those are some of the Kevin Bacon ones, like I said we connected them back to each other and to other stuff...try it!

Elijah Wood was in Deep Impact w/ Ron Eldard, who was in Drop Dead Fred w/ Phoebe Cates, who was in Fast Times at Ridgemont High w/ Eric Stolz (there's one of those Fast Times connections!), who was in Memphis Belle w/ Sean Astin!

Anyway, you get the idea.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 03:43 PM   #24
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

Orlando was also in Wilde! He didn't have a big part but he was in it!
Yeah he's also in Ned Kelly, The Pirates of the Carribean and Black Hawk Down and he's starring in The Calcium Kid!!!
I can't wait for them to come out!!!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 06:13 PM   #25
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Sean Bean (Boromir) was also in "I'll never tell" that movie was out last year with Michael Douglass. Bean was a bad guy though, lol
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 09:24 PM   #26
Legolas_GreenLeaf
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Sean Astin was in the Goonies and played the title part in the movie Rudy.
Thank you Khamûl!! I could NOT remember that movie with Sean Astin! RUDY ! duh! I've been trying to think of that for like a week!

anyway...What is Ned Kelly? Is it out? I've never heard of it. but I've heard of Pirates of the Carribean and Black Hawk Down before.

Is Good Son (movie w/ Elijah) about some physco kid who tries killing people or something like that? I think I've seen it before but I can't remember.

All fans of Elijah, Orlando, Sean, Billy, and Dom (no Viggo )should go here -----> http://www.bagendinn.com/castpics.htm
Legolas_GreenLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 12:47 AM   #27
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
Sam Gamgee

Elijah has been in TONS of movies! He was in Flipper (the quiet kid who had a life jacket or something like that one most of the time) Tom Sawyer or Huckleberry Finn (cant remember which) cant think of any really recent ones tho...other than LOTR

Viggo was in 48 Days I think...

Dunno about the rest, I heard somewhere that Orli was in Black Hawk Down, I think he was one of the guys that fell out of a helicopter.
Old 01-07-2003, 12:53 AM   #28
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Viggo's been in (from the top of my head): 28 days, GI Jane, Daylight, Psycho, the Indian Runner, a Perfect Murder and a Walk on the Moon (I think thats what its called). It's sad I know such things.
Old 01-07-2003, 12:54 AM   #29
Huan
Elven Warrior

As for Sean Astin, The Goonies was my obsession for the entire summer it came out (hey, I was 11). And Toy Soldiers is a surprisingly good movie (surprisingly if you generally don't go for collections of teen heartthrobs, which Sean Astin was at one point, as you young'uns might not recall!).
Sean Bean is in a television series collected on video, of those Sharp's Brigade books. I haven't watched them, but I've seen that he's the star, so I'm throwing it out to whoever wants to track them down.
How come no one's mentioned the divine Cate Blanchett yet? If you haven't seen Elizabeth yet, drop everything and see it RIGHT NOW. Oscar and Lucinda too. But if you haven't seen that thing with her, Bruce Willis, and Billy Bob Thorton, do yourself a favor and DON'T.
Christopher Lee: if you haven't, you must see Horror of Dracula.
Huan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 12:55 AM   #30
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon with cast members, eh? Here's Billy Boyd/Dominic Monaghan: Billy Boyd/Dominic Monaghan was in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The (2002) with Brad Dourif. Brad Dourif was in Murder in the First (1995) with Kevin Bacon.

Try The Oracle of Bacon for some fun. Be warned that it will suck away lots of time and make you very, very angry because Colleen Camp is apparently in every movie ever made.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 03:18 PM   #31
azalea
Long lost mooter

Oh, I was going to post my "six degrees" from TLotR to Elvis:
Elrond was in The Matrix w/ Keanu Reeves, who was in Bram Stoker's Dracula w/ Anthony Hopkins, who was in Silence of the Lambs w/ Jody Foster, who was in The Bad News Bears w/ Walter Matthau, who was in Grumpy Old Men w/ Ann-Margaret, who was in Viva Las Vegas w/ Elvis.

The Good Son was kind of a remake of The Bad Seed, and it was about a murderous kid. I have a video movie guide at home, when I get back I'll try to post every movie for each member of the cast.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:17 AM   #32
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas_GreenLeaf
Thank you Khamûl!! I could NOT remember that movie with Sean Astin! RUDY ! duh! I've been trying to think of that for like a week!

anyway...What is Ned Kelly? Is it out? I've never heard of it. but I've heard of Pirates of the Carribean and Black Hawk Down before.

Is Good Son (movie w/ Elijah) about some physco kid who tries killing people or something like that? I think I've seen it before but I can't remember.
Oh I see how it is, the very second post in this thread I say Goonies and I get no love lol j/k
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 11:02 PM   #33
Legolas_GreenLeaf
Elven Warrior

LOL

All fans of Elijah, Orlando, Sean, Billy, and Dom (no Viggo )should go here -----> http://www.bagendinn.com/castpics.htm
Legolas_GreenLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 04:07 PM   #34
azalea
Long lost mooter

As promised

Here is a list of movies that the actors have been in, if anyone still cares. I can't promise they'll be "good," though. I'll + the ones I've seen, and * the ones I liked.
I'll start w/ Elijah Wood:
The Adventures of Huck Finn (1993) PG
Avalon (1990) PG
Black and White (2000) R
The Bumblebee Flies Anyway (2000) PG-13
Child in the Night (1990) TV
Deep Impact (1998) PG-13
The Faculty (1998) R
Flipper (1996) PG
Forever Young (1992) PG (I think I saw this one and liked it)
The Good Son (1993) +* R
The Ice Storm (1997) R
North (1994) PG
Oliver Twist (1997) NR
Paradise (1991) PG-13
Radio Flyer (1992)+* PG-13
The War (1994) PG-13

edit: I went back and added the ratings.
Old 01-13-2003, 04:34 PM   #35
azalea
Long lost mooter

Ian McKellan:
And the Band Played On (1993) PG-13
Apt Pupil (1998) R
The Ballad of Little Jo (1993) R
Bent (1996) R (orig. NC-17 in theaters)
Cold Comfort Farm (1995) PG
Gods and Monsters (1998) R
Jack and Sarah (1996) R
The Keep (1983) R
Plenty (1985) R
Priest of Love (1981) R
Rasputin (1996) R
Richard III (1995) R
Scandal (1989) R
The Scarlet Pimpernel (1982) TV
The Shadow (1994) PG-13
Six Degrees of Separation (1993)+* R
Swept from the Sea (1997) PG-13
Windmills of the Gods (1987) TV
X-Men (2000) PG-13

I'll do more later, this takes longer than I thought!
Old 01-13-2003, 11:57 PM   #36
azalea
Long lost mooter

Cate Blanchett:
Elizabeth (1998) R
The Gift (2000) R
Paradise Road (1997) R
Pushing Tin (1999) R
The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999)+* R

Hugo Weaving:
The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (1994) NR
Bedrooms and Hallways (1999) NR
The Custodian (1993) NR
For Love Alone (1985) PG
Frauds (1992) R
The Matrix (1999) R
Proof (1991) R
Reckless Kelly (1994) PG
The Right Hand Man (1987) R

Ian Holm:
Alien (1979) R
All Quiet on the Western Front (1979) TV
Another Woman (1988) PG
Big Night (1995) R
Bless the Child (2000) R
Blue Ice (1993) R
The Borrowers (1993) NR
Brazil (1985) R
Chariots of Fire (1981) PG
Dance with a Stranger (1985) R
Dreamchild (1986) PG
eXistenZ (1999) R
The Fifth Element
Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes (1984)+* PG
Hamlet (1990) PG
Henry V (1989) PG
The Homecoming (1973)
Inside the Third Reich (1982) TV
Joe Gould's Secret (1999) R
Juggernaut (1974) PG
Kafka (1992) PG-13
The Last of the Blonde Bombshells (2000) PG-13
A Life Less Ordinary (1997) R
Loch Ness (1996) PG
The Madness of King George (1994) NR
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994) R
The Match (1999) PG-13
A Midsummer Night's Dream (1968) NR
Naked Lunch (1992) R
Night Falls on Manhatten (1997) +* R
The Return of the Soldier (1985) NR
Robin and Marian (1976) PG
A Season of Giants (1991) TV
Shout at the Devil (1976) PG
Singleton's Pluck (1984)
The Sweet Hereafter (1997) R
Thief of Baghdad (1978) NR
Time Bandits (1981) PG +***** (You must see this!)
Wetherby (1985)

WHEW!
Old 01-14-2003, 04:12 PM   #37
Elf.Freak
Orli's lil fan

Well, for Christopher Lee fans check out This site to see all 255 (225?! , and i thought Elijah had been in tons of movies!) movies he's acted in (not including TV appearences).
~
I've gotta new avatar! looks kinda like me...anime style!
~
LOST: Orlando Bloom. If found, please send him straight to Elf.Freak
Elf.Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 04:13 PM   #38
azalea
Long lost mooter

Sean Astin:
Bulworth (1998) R
Deterrence (1999) R
Dish Dogs (1998) R
Encino Man (1992) PG
The Goonies (1985) PG
Harrison Bergeron (1995) R
Like Father, Like Son (1987) PG-13
The Low Life (1996) R
Memphis Belle (1990) PG-13
Rudy (1993) PG
Staying Together (1989) R
Toy Soldiers (1991) R
The War of the Roses (1989)+* R
Where the Day Takes You (1992) R
White Water Summer (1987) PG
The Willies (1990) PG-13

Liv Tyler:
Armageddon (1998) PG-13
Cookie's Fortune (1999) PG-13
Dr. T and the Women (2000) R
Heavy (1996) NR
Inventing the Abbotts (1997) R
Onegin (1999) R
Plunkett & Macleane (1999) R
Silent Fall (1994) R
Stealing Beauty (1996) R
That Thing You Do! (1996) PG
Old 01-27-2003, 10:08 PM   #39
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
Sean Bean...in SCARLETT

Ok it was Sunday, no guys in my house, so we werent watching the Super Bowl. (poor Raiders ) so yeah, I decided to watch Scarlett. I love Gone with the Wind, and I havent seen Scarlett in a while so I thought hey, why not? Well in the beginning theres a old looking silver book that opens. In the book are old looking portraits of the actors as their characters, and underneath the picture was the name of the actor. Well I was waiting for the movie to start and all of a sudden, I see one of the portraits, and underneath it said Sean Bean! I was totally in shock! And then as the movie progressed, I realized which character he was! If you've ever seen the movie, you know that he was Lord Fenton. If you havent I'll explain it to you. Scarlett is half Irish. When she realizes she's pregnant, and Rhett divorces her (he doesnt know that she's pregnant) she decides to go to Ireland and live with her father's family. In Ireland, the English are taking over the country, and lets just say they arent very well loved. Well Scarlett meets an Englishman named Lord Fenton. He owns a house that was once her families (its really more of a castle!) so she buys it. In typical Scarlett fashion, she is pretty pregnant, fixing up the house, and saving her family from eviction at the same time. While doing this, she is unknowingly making Lord Fenton want her. Bad. But there's a problem. Her family is involved in the revolting against the English. When she begins to be lovers with Lord Fenton, her family watch on worriedly. Well little does Scarlett know, he has been making one of her cousins sleep with him in exchange for money, which she plans to use to go to America. When the cousin become pregnant, she goes to another cousin who is a priest. He goes to Lord Fenton, and threatens to tell Scarlett his real side. Lord Fenton kills him. I'm going to jump ahead and say that Lord Fenton takes Scarlett to London to help her grieving. They get in a fight and Scarlett tells him to go because he begins hurting her. He refuses and rapes her. She wakes up on the floor with Lord Fenton on her bed stabbed to death. Scarlett is arrested for his murder, but she doesnt remember anything. Rhett comes to the rescue (it wouldnt be a sequel if he doesnt!) and hires the best Lawyer in London. She is convicted, but the cousin who was inpregnated yells in the trial that she did it, not Scarlett.

Kinda bad that the second movie I've seen him in he's killed. :P Oh well, I'll live. I just thought some people might want to know that. And in the movie you can see some spots were you can REALLY see how he could do Boromir. I dont know how to explain it. He's just really good at being screwed up
Old 01-28-2003, 12:27 PM   #40
Elf.Freak
Orli's lil fan

so far as i've known, Sean Bean dies in EVERYTHING!
~
I've gotta new avatar! looks kinda like me...anime style!
~
LOST: Orlando Bloom. If found, please send him straight to Elf.Freak
Elf.Freak is offline   Reply With Quote