Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 11:36 PM   #1
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Hola! What's up? Licorice is just as hyper as ever (maybe even more ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB
You know, for quite some time I've thought I was the only Commie who actually was for true Marxism (which I have to unfortunately remind you because you're always told otherwise favors direct democracy), with a revisionist, non-violent overthrow in mind.
Now, suppose I were to join the CPUSA because of what their constitution says. Do you think I should? There's nothing in it that has disagreed with any part of my ideology. But as I, too, am a wary individual, I'm a little reluctant to sign my life away to a communist party based on what their spiffy, red-on-black website says.
Any advice?
Wait, what?

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Old 06-07-2007, 01:32 AM   #2
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thain Peregrin Took I
Hola! What's up? Licorice is just as hyper as ever (maybe even more ).
Wait, what?
howdy! how've you been?
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
Old 06-06-2007, 11:40 PM   #3
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by durinsbane2244
wonderful! "howzit" with you?
Exquisite, Comrade!

Gamma, did you not know I was a quasi-communist?
Now don't run. I'm a real communist. Not these weak Stalinists and such.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:48 PM   #4
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Exquisite, Comrade!

Gamma, did you not know I was a quasi-communist?
Now don't run. I'm a real communist. Not these weak Stalinists and such.
... TB, you're joking right? TB... you are joking... *cricket**cricket* No offense if you aren't, but...

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Old 06-06-2007, 11:55 PM   #5
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thain Peregrin Took I
... TB, you're joking right? TB... you are joking... *cricket**cricket* No offense if you aren't, but...
Not exactly.
Well, let's just say I'm anti-capitalist. Does that make it sound better?
Old 06-08-2007, 11:29 PM   #6
trolls' bane

Everyone! Be ready for the arrival of my good friend from school, Melinda!
*prepares for a party, even putting aside his RPG for the moment*

*keeps fingers crossed that she will join today or at least within a week*
Old 06-09-2007, 02:52 AM   #7
trolls' bane

Goodbye!

Wait! No! You will stay right there! Where is everyone? I've been the only person online in four hours!
Old 06-09-2007, 03:29 AM   #8
trolls' bane

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstructionist that is politically, anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database; my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive. Behind the eight ball, ahead of the curve, ridin' the wave, dodgin' the bullet and pushin' the envelope. I’m on-point, on-task, on-message and off drugs. I’ve got no need for coke and speed. I've got no urge to binge and purge. I’m in-the-moment, on-the-edge, over-the-top and under-the-radar. A high-concept, low-profile, medium-range ballistic missionary. A street-wise smart bomb. A top-gun bottom feeder. I wear power ties, I tell power lies, I take power naps and run victory laps. I’m a totally ongoing big-foot, slam-dunk, rainmaker with a pro-active outreach. A raging workaholic. A working rageaholic. Out of rehab and in denial! I’ve got a personal trainer, a personal shopper, a personal assistant and a personal agenda. You can’t shut me up. You can’t dumb me down because I’m tireless and I’m wireless. I’m a non-believer and an over-achiever, laid-back but fashion-forward. Up-front, down-home, low-rent, high-maintenance. Super-sized, long-lasting, high-definition, fast-acting, oven-ready and built-to-last! I’m a hands-on, foot-loose, knee-jerk head case pretty maturely post-traumatic and I’ve got a love-child that sends me hate mail. But, I’m feeling, I’m caring, I’m healing, I’m sharing-- a supportive, bonding, nurturing primary care-giver. My output is down, but my income is up. I took a short position on the long bond and my revenue stream has its own cash-flow. I read junk mail, I eat junk food, I buy junk bonds and I watch trash sports! I’m gender specific, capital intensive, user-friendly and lactose intolerant. I bought a microwave at a mini-mall; I bought a mini-van at a mega-store. I eat fast-food in the slow lane. I’m toll-free, bite-sized, ready-to-wear and I come in all sizes. A fully-equipped, factory-authorized, hospital-tested, clinically-proven, scientifically- formulated medical miracle. I’ve been pre-wash, pre-cooked, pre-heated, pre-screened, pre-approved, pre-packaged, post-dated, freeze-dried, double-wrapped, vacuum-packed and, I have an unlimited broadband capacity. I’m a rude dude, but I’m the real deal. Lean and mean! Cocked, locked and ready-to-rock. Rough, tough and hard to bluff. I take it slow, I go with the flow, I ride with the tide. I’ve got glide in my stride. Drivin and movin, sailin and spinin, jiving and groovin, wailin and winnin. I don’t snooze, so I don’t lose. I keep the pedal to the metal and the rubber on the road. I party hearty and lunch time is crunch time. I’m hangin in, there ain’t no doubt and I’m hangin tough, over and out!

(Wow! George Carlin is awesome. I've decided to memorize this to introduce myself everywhere I go...)
Old 06-09-2007, 02:00 PM   #9
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

Quote:
I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstructionist that is politically, anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database; my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive. Behind the eight ball, ahead of the curve, ridin' the wave, dodgin' the bullet and pushin' the envelope. I’m on-point, on-task, on-message and off drugs. I’ve got no need for coke and speed. I've got no urge to binge and purge. I’m in-the-moment, on-the-edge, over-the-top and under-the-radar. A high-concept, low-profile, medium-range ballistic missionary. A street-wise smart bomb. A top-gun bottom feeder. I wear power ties, I tell power lies, I take power naps and run victory laps. I’m a totally ongoing big-foot, slam-dunk, rainmaker with a pro-active outreach. A raging workaholic. A working rageaholic. Out of rehab and in denial! I’ve got a personal trainer, a personal shopper, a personal assistant and a personal agenda. You can’t shut me up. You can’t dumb me down because I’m tireless and I’m wireless. I’m a non-believer and an over-achiever, laid-back but fashion-forward. Up-front, down-home, low-rent, high-maintenance. Super-sized, long-lasting, high-definition, fast-acting, oven-ready and built-to-last! I’m a hands-on, foot-loose, knee-jerk head case pretty maturely post-traumatic and I’ve got a love-child that sends me hate mail. But, I’m feeling, I’m caring, I’m healing, I’m sharing-- a supportive, bonding, nurturing primary care-giver. My output is down, but my income is up. I took a short position on the long bond and my revenue stream has its own cash-flow. I read junk mail, I eat junk food, I buy junk bonds and I watch trash sports! I’m gender specific, capital intensive, user-friendly and lactose intolerant. I bought a microwave at a mini-mall; I bought a mini-van at a mega-store. I eat fast-food in the slow lane. I’m toll-free, bite-sized, ready-to-wear and I come in all sizes. A fully-equipped, factory-authorized, hospital-tested, clinically-proven, scientifically- formulated medical miracle. I’ve been pre-wash, pre-cooked, pre-heated, pre-screened, pre-approved, pre-packaged, post-dated, freeze-dried, double-wrapped, vacuum-packed and, I have an unlimited broadband capacity. I’m a rude dude, but I’m the real deal. Lean and mean! Cocked, locked and ready-to-rock. Rough, tough and hard to bluff. I take it slow, I go with the flow, I ride with the tide. I’ve got glide in my stride. Drivin and movin, sailin and spinin, jiving and groovin, wailin and winnin. I don’t snooze, so I don’t lose. I keep the pedal to the metal and the rubber on the road. I party hearty and lunch time is crunch time. I’m hangin in, there ain’t no doubt and I’m hangin tough, over and out!

(Wow! George Carlin is awesome. I've decided to memorize this to introduce myself everywhere I go...)
dude, yeah! that's awesome! ON BETA-BLOCKERS!
----------------
Old 06-09-2007, 05:10 PM   #10
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Isn't that the opening monolouge to his "When will Jesus bring the porkchops" book? I lent it to my dad, who took it with him, so I cant check.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:38 PM   #11
trolls' bane

He also started two shows with it, I think.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:05 PM   #12
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

yeah, a couple HBO specials.
----------------
Old 06-13-2007, 11:55 PM   #13
trolls' bane

WTF is everyone, anyway?
No one has posted in hours! This has got to be fixed.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:21 AM   #14
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
WTF is everyone, anyway?
No one has posted in hours! This has got to be fixed.
People in the desert may not notice, but in some of the Northern hemisphere, it's getting summerish.

It's the sort of thing that draws people outside.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 06-14-2007, 08:43 AM   #15
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Do you people believe in monogamy?

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 06-14-2007, 08:59 AM   #16
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdanel
There must be some kind of story behind this question. Right?
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:38 AM   #17
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
There must be some kind of story behind this question. Right?
Not necessarily. It's just been on my mind this afternoon, and I'm interested to know what people think.

So what do you think, Jon?

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 06-14-2007, 02:42 PM   #18
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
No.

The main thing monagamy has in its favor is the reduction of vectors.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 06-14-2007, 02:49 PM   #19
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I believe in it in one sense - I know it can and does exist

Now if you mean believe in the sense of do you think it's good or right, that's another question!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 06-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #20
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
I don't suppose you'll be surprised to hear me say, "Yes, I do."

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Closed Thread