Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-07-2006, 07:34 PM   #21
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Hey...old lady response: slow down some more ....make the jerkwads pass you or back off. If I'm going the speed limit, I don't even care/look at what the dude behind me doing...he rear ends me...his fault.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:35 PM   #22
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizra
Hey...old lady response: slow down some more ....make the jerkwads pass you or back off. If I'm going the speed limit, I don't even care/look at what the dude behind me doing...he rear ends me...his fault.
You know, sometimes I wonder if people only get caught for speeding (this is a Tenn issue) because the police don't recognize them. I can swear to you, that in a 45 zone, yes a smal 45 zone over half a mile long, most people keep going 55...and thus try to make me feel "guilty" by keeping them from going fast when I enter this zone myself. Do the cops ever mind? Of course not, they do it themselves; but DON'T YOU the responsible driver ever speed, Oh No! You are endangering lives!...only if the cops don't recognize you as their cousin's rich uncle.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:21 PM   #23
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
I Cannot Stand It when drivers behind me think that they can speed up until they hit your bumper (exaggeration, but who cares!) Why can't they go the speed limit ALL the time? If they went the speed limit in the first place, they wouldn't have to whine about how I'm such a "slow driver", because most likely they wouldn't ever even see my car if they went the speed limit! But no. No, they HAVE to go fast, they have to annoy the heck out of me by driving close to my bumper. Haven't these people read the manual!? It says you're supposed to keep such and such a distance between you and the car ahead of you.
I've been know to slow down just to piss them off.
"Come on Jackass! I dare you to hit me" kinda thing I knew my dad shouldn't have tought me how to drive

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:37 PM   #24
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

You guys would be road rage meat if you lived over here. Going slow in the fast lane and hitting your brakes when people are behind you is asking for someone to drive you off the road where I come from. Lot of self important folks with way too much anger built up on the beltway...

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:58 PM   #25
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Now IR...I didn't say drive like a dumb ass I'm talking city driving here....I never even bother with the fast lane on the interstate...that's the lane for the crappy drivers who like to kill people and waste gas!
And I didn't say tap the brakes either (that's what weird sickos do ) ...just gradually slow down, till they either pass you or back off. If you are going to pressure me with your tailgating, put your money where your mouth is and pass my ass......
Old 08-08-2006, 10:19 PM   #26
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Come now, try going 55 and coming around a bend and finding "ol Joe" on his tractor (which isn't registered for the road) doin 10mph....that will wake you up real fast.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:31 PM   #27
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Yeah.....I live in the country, those tractors are a real pain to get stuck behind....but they are BIG...real BIG! I like the ones on the giant spider wheels, I swear I could drive my Camry right under them...but I've never tried yet...
Old 08-10-2006, 07:50 PM   #28
hectorberlioz

Well certainly in the city I have problems, but surprisingly it's on the highways that I get really annoyed.

Acalewia-----> hilarious. It would be the same if my dad had taught me, because he is seriously the worst teacher on earth...Thank God for my mom

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 08-14-2006, 04:22 PM   #29
truthiscool
Enting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Come now, try going 55 and coming around a bend and finding "ol Joe" on his tractor (which isn't registered for the road) doin 10mph....that will wake you up real fast.
lol its funny when that happens.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:49 PM   #30
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthiscool
lol its funny when that happens.
Tennessee is the king when it comes to "finding ol' Joes on their tractors doing ten."

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 08-16-2006, 10:58 AM   #31
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Well it isn't too much fun here, as the tractors are so wide, their wheels come into the other lane; most roads are only two lanes and do not have any side paving so if you come around a bend with a tractor on your side, you usually wind up in a ditch; hoping you didn't through your allignment out.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:44 PM   #32
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

So have you seen these commercials where they are trying to market hummers toward the vegetarian NPR set? What in gods name are they thinking?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:45 AM   #33
truthiscool
Enting

Quote:
Tennessee is the king when it comes to "finding ol' Joes on their tractors doing ten."
I come from illinois so ther are lots of people who do that there to is funny but not when you hit them. Persanaly i never have just to let you know.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:33 PM   #34
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Rex
So have you seen these commercials where they are trying to market hummers toward the vegetarian NPR set? What in gods name are they thinking?
It sounds like a joke setup, too

I wonder why Vegetarians...

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthiscool
I come from illinois so ther are lots of people who do that there to is funny but not when you hit them. Persanaly i never have just to let you know.
Oh yes, I've been to Illinois long enough to know what you mean . Big Tractor state...

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 08-22-2006, 10:19 AM   #35
katya
Elven Maiden

I always tend to "hold up traffic" by going the speed limit. I'm told it's safer to go 5 or 10 mph above it so I don't tick the people off behind me, and make them pass me when it's really not safe, but doesn't this just add to the vicious cycle? I am all for the idea of getting people back to the speed limit! Going just a little faster, especially for only a couple miles, does not get you there much faster. And even if it did, people need to chill out and quit worrying about it. People are so impatient these days with their microwaves and what not. I don't know what it is that everyone's rushing to get to perpetually.

I'm not so worried about hitting tractors as I am of hitting deer. I've already hit one, and went in the ditch on icy roads trying to avoid another. Especially when I drive through the forested areas at night. Seriously, the deer are even stupider than the people who hit them. That or they have a death wish.

When I see something driving a PT Cruiser I think, "Idiot". (My mom has one and I hate it more than sin.)
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:29 PM   #36
truthiscool
Enting

Quote:
It sounds like a joke setup, too

I wonder why Vegetarians...

Oh yes, I've been to Illinois long enough to know what you mean . Big Tractor state...
Oh yes.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:01 PM   #37
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Originally Posted by katya
I always tend to "hold up traffic" by going the speed limit. I'm told it's safer to go 5 or 10 mph above it so I don't tick the people off behind me, and make them pass me when it's really not safe, but doesn't this just add to the vicious cycle? I am all for the idea of getting people back to the speed limit! Going just a little faster, especially for only a couple miles, does not get you there much faster. And even if it did, people need to chill out and quit worrying about it. People are so impatient these days with their microwaves and what not. I don't know what it is that everyone's rushing to get to perpetually.
To the letter how I feel! Even when I'm forced to go 5 over, it makes no difference for the people behind me, they seemed to be glued to my bumper...they speed when I speed, and when I go the limit, they speed until they can do no more. It's annoying beyond belief.

Quote:
I'm not so worried about hitting tractors as I am of hitting deer. I've already hit one, and went in the ditch on icy roads trying to avoid another. Especially when I drive through the forested areas at night. Seriously, the deer are even stupider than the people who hit them. That or they have a death wish.
Indeed! And dogs are even worse, they seem to think you can only cross when there's a car almost where you are...

A rabbit once jumped out in front of my car, at the last minute, and I "chased" it (meaning, it ran in front of my car-I had no malice in me), and guess what: it jumped back to the same side of the road it had jumped out from. Is that stupid or what?

Me and my mom narrowly missed a big black cow once, it was about midnight...another time me and my brother were driving through Vermont, and we nearly hit a Moose! Heck, we wouldn't be alive today....

Quote:
When I see something driving a PT Cruiser I think, "Idiot". (My mom has one and I hate it more than sin.)
I think that IS sin

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 08-25-2006, 05:38 PM   #38
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

As long as someone can drive, I'm not too worried about what kind of car they're driving - with the following exceptions.

I too see a Hummer and think idiot.

I also agree that Corvette = idiot, unless it's a Corvette Stingray, since that means the person isn't a Corvette snob.

If someone has a lift kit (adding extra large wheels and/or raising the suspension), an over-the-top body kit, or a large spoiler, I think idiot.

When I see racing stripes, ground effects, body kit and a spoiler on a Ford Taurus, I think idiot.

I mean, that would look cool on a Mitsubishi, but a Ford? His detailing was worth more than his car. Madness!

However, I don't really care if someone has, IMNAAHO*, a stupid car, as long as they friggin drive properly. I have done a lot of driving recently, so here is my fairly relaxed but highly useful tips on how to drive on the highway.

Part 1: Speed Limits - Know them, love them

1. Do not go more than 20km/h over the speed limit.
2. Remember what the speed limit is so that if you are going 20 km/h over said limit, you don't tailgate, cut off, or engage in any other asshattery against drivers who are doing the speed limit.
3. If you are going less than the posted speed limit, this must be for a good reason including, but not limited to:
- You had a flat tire and are now driving on your doughnut.
- You are driving up a steep hill, and your car/truck is not capable of maintaining the speed limit.
- Road conditions are less than satisfactory

Part 2: Let's all get along

4. Do not cut off other drivers.
5. Do not tail gate. Leave at least two car lengths between you and the car in front. Remember, riding someone's ass will not make them go faster. See Rule 2.
6. Do not speed on the straight parts only to take every corner 10 km/h under the speed limit, especially on the freeway. (I'm looking at you Alberta. )
7. Merge smoothly, and allow others to merge smoothly.
8. Signal. If you are so tired that you can't extend one finger to flick the left wand, you're too tired to drive.

Note: Other rules may be added as idiots tick me off.
*In My Not At All Humble Opinion

EDIT: That Peugeot perfect parking thing: 96.6
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 08-25-2006 at 05:54 PM.
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 05:42 PM   #39
hectorberlioz

Excellent tips, Nurvvy; allow me to give you a present *gives Nurvvy a Medal for Smartest Back Seat Driver*

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 08-25-2006, 05:56 PM   #40
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Excellent tips, Nurvvy; allow me to give you a present *gives Nurvvy a Medal for Smartest Back Seat Driver*
Hey, I was driving!
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote