Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 01:38 AM   #21
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Says you, Rinkë. I personally like it. To each his own, though. I recently decided to re-read the Silmarillion and it's taking me FOREVER.

Uh, question: Since it's summer... can we get some cherry Kool-Aid going??? *crosses fingers* Yes, I know it's the middle of the night. I can drink the rest tomorrow, though!

Az, I never said you were retarded. I was using that as an example. And you realize that ONLY me knows who Derrik even is? (Random kid from youth group at church...) For the record: Make as many short jokes about me as you want, just don't call me a midget. It's easy. And BE CAREFUL!!! You'll give away our secret position if you keep talking about things like SBU. It's like... we're in our own little Gondolin here.. and no-one knows how to get here but us. And we can't leave. We're stuck.

Those scones that Ent is holding look like ... dried out onions. MmMmMmm... isn't they yummy???
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 06-28-2008, 01:45 AM   #22
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Quote:
Says you, Rinkë. I personally like it. To each his own, though. I recently decided to re-read the Silmarillion and it's taking me FOREVER.
Yes, says me. And I'll say it to the day I die. The Hobbit is no comparison to something like Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth, or even Lord of the Rings for that matter.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 06-28-2008, 01:46 AM   #23
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Oh, and thanks for leaving me hanging without even a link to this new thread!!! GRrrr...

Not you, Rinkë. I think Tessar made this one? Then it was to him!

You know, I might just go make a thread that says something like "New members: Post your gender here" as a reference tool... Hmmmm
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Last edited by Midge : 06-28-2008 at 01:47 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:18 AM   #24
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufin View Post
Yes, says me. And I'll say it to the day I die. The Hobbit is no comparison to something like Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth, or even Lord of the Rings for that matter.
Sure it's not as GOOD as they are, but that doesn't stop it from being a charming story .
Old 06-28-2008, 02:19 AM   #25
Azrael
Elven Warrior

Location: in the one town with that weird name that i can;t seem to think of...*luaghes* but its a funny name!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post

Uh, question: Since it's summer... can we get some cherry Kool-Aid going??? *crosses fingers* Yes, I know it's the middle of the night. I can drink the rest tomorrow, though!

Az, I never said you were retarded. I was using that as an example. And you realize that ONLY me knows who Derrik even is? (Random kid from youth group at church...) For the record: Make as many short jokes about me as you want, just don't call me a midget. It's easy. And BE CAREFUL!!! You'll give away our secret position if you keep talking about things like SBU. It's like... we're in our own little Gondolin here.. and no-one knows how to get here but us. And we can't leave. We're stuck.

Those scones that Ent is holding look like ... dried out onions. MmMmMmm... isn't they yummy???

ok what?! our secret location. ha! no one dare to find us.... *cracks knuckles*
o and minge SBU is not a very good give away theres more sbu's out there like super bubble universe! random i know

Do you trust me?

I can show you the world
-Aladdin-

If home is where the heart is, then my home is where you are!
-Relient K, I'm taking you with me-
Old 06-28-2008, 03:15 AM   #26
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
*Beep - beep - beep - beep* Huge lorries backs up to the Cafe with the usual paraphernalia in the shape of Radio- and Tv-Studio, Lake, Garden and Forest, Zoo and Mini-Zoo, Barbeque-spot, Jacuzzi, Sauna.

The Moots sets up on the stage for a house-warming concert.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:25 AM   #27
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

And all the Monsters stampede in to inhabit the new and expanded Monsters Quarters which now not only CONTAINS these...

The Kissing Monster, the Hugging Monster, the Slobbering Monster (who where especially good at deep tonsil-examining French Kisses), the Groping Monster (who werent particularly favoured by the ladies), the Poking Monster (who kept going around poking people and being generally annoying), the two cousins - the Chewing and the Munching Monsters, and the insane Creeping and Crawling Monsters, and finally the Tickling Monster (generally harmless but people fled from him anyway).

and The Tweaking Monster (who's specialty is to sneak around and pinch and tweak the back of the upper arms of his victims).

The Intoxicated Monster (who's always blasted and wants to get even more blasted), The Mezmerizing Monster (who's stares in the eyes of his victims and renders them willing to whatever he wants them to do) The Theatrical Monster (who goes around always quoting Shakespeare) the Luving Monster (Who's always being generally obnoxious and unwanted by the ladies) The Clinging and Clutching Monsters (who do just that) The Munching and Chewing Monsters (who do just that)

But also the Nursing Monsterette, the Oversexed Monsterette, The Monsterette Next Door (almost cute), and the Shy/Quiet Monsterette and The Rock 'n' Roll Monsterette.

And finally the Monster-babies and -children who has special chambers all to themselves.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 06-28-2008 at 03:27 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:30 AM   #28
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

And here Friends, Mooters, Fellow Posters/esses... is the Current Set Up of the Band...

THE MOOTS (featuring Midge)

Nautipus - Lead

Sister - 2nd Lead and 1st Base

Earniel - Electric and Acoustic Guitar

Nurvingiel - 2nd Electric and Acoustic Guitar

Azrael - 3rd Electric and Acoustic Guitar. 1st Sax and 2nd Trombone. 1st Bass & 1st Violin.

Katt - Pennywhistle

Acally - Flute

Willow Oran - 3rd Lead and Fiddle (Like the beatles - you sing in harmony w Lead and
2nd Lead)

Curufin - 4th Lead and 1st Trombone

Sas - 2nd Base, Trumpet and 2nd Drums

Mari - Pianist and Hammond Organist

Midge - Featured Pianist

Sane - Drums

Shesa - Harmonica

The Mootettes - Sister, Sane and Mari, Katt and Acally

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 06-29-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:30 AM   #29
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

With all these monsters, dare I even post again?

I posted last night, and I logged on now to see if there had been any comments to it (not that it contain much to comment on), and lo and behold, there are five pages and a new thread since that post!

That's two s so far - I'm done with those and can relax

I agree with Rinkë as far as to say that The Hobbit isn't Tolkien's best text - the Athrabeth is my favorite with no competition. But I enjoy The Hobbit as well, as a charming and amusing story.

With some annoyingly silly Elves in it, though. Perhaps they were tipsy - that would be their only excuse. Or that they were wood-elves. I can accept some silliness from them.

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Old 06-28-2008, 06:27 AM   #30
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufin View Post
Just because you prefer 'whaaa' angsty Elves above the ones that go 'lalalala', doesn't mean that the Hobbit can't be a nice read.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:30 AM   #31
Mari
Elf Lady

*bounces up and down* It's raining so I can't go outside. I want to go out to buy a new pair of glasses though. *bounce bounce*

Midge, what is Kool Aid?

Hiya Varna! You post to few posts here in the Teacup ...
*keeps on bouncing* Now where did GW put my trampoline? *bounces off in search of it*

EDIT: *uses Earn to bounce up and down on* Hi Earniel!!! Want a cup of tea? A pillow? A trampoline? Or maybe for me to get off of you?

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...

Last edited by Mari : 06-28-2008 at 06:32 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:38 AM   #32
Earniel

Hi, Mari! Yes, please. No, thanks. Absolutely not! And *argl* yes....

In that order.

Hang on, what's all this nonsense in the last tea-cup about smurfs being banned here?
Old 06-28-2008, 06:46 AM   #33
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnafindë View Post
With all these monsters, dare I even post again?

I posted last night, and I logged on now to see if there had been any comments to it (not that it contain much to comment on), and lo and behold, there are five pages and a new thread since that post!

That's two s so far - I'm done with those and can relax

I agree with Rinkë as far as to say that The Hobbit isn't Tolkien's best text - the Athrabeth is my favorite with no competition. But I enjoy The Hobbit as well, as a charming and amusing story.

With some annoyingly silly Elves in it, though. Perhaps they were tipsy - that would be their only excuse. Or that they were wood-elves. I can accept some silliness from them.
Dont worry, Varna my friend, they are CONTAINED. Not liable to rush out of their nice well-stocked Quarters any time soon - and they know now that it is not to the liking of the Teacuppers that they embark on any prey-searching in the Cafe so they stay put in the MQ.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:00 AM   #34
Mari
Elf Lady

*gets off of Earniel and gives her a quick hug before sitting her down on a comfy chair and fetching her a cup of tea*

I thought I'd better change that order and get off of you before getting you your tea

Old 06-28-2008, 07:13 AM   #35
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

*beep - beep - beep - beep* a lorry arrives with a huge trampoline and ready-made pool. GW signs for it and has it installed.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 06-28-2008 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:39 AM   #36
Earniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
*gets off of Earniel and gives her a quick hug before sitting her down on a comfy chair and fetching her a cup of tea*

I thought I'd better change that order and get off of you before getting you your tea
Hahah, thanks.

You would have had to get off me anyway to get the tea from the kitchen. Unless you were jumping up and down on me while carrying a kettle with boiling water! In which case, ouch.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:18 AM   #37
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Rinke has no sense of humor, that's her problem with the Hobbit.

See, MY theory is that people who prefer the *cough* "later works" to the Hobbit and Lotr just don't really like JRR Tolkien. They prefer him diluted by translation and interpolation.

*ducks hail of thrown missles, laughing maniacally*

*brings in large buffet of breakfast noshes and sheet music for warm-up concert, in some of which she'll sing lead, since Naughty's out drinking*

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 06-28-2008, 09:23 AM   #38
Mari
Elf Lady

You will sing? Can I sing too? ^_^
I always sing while vacuuming.

Oh, I'm having stroopwafels. Want one?

Old 06-28-2008, 09:25 AM   #39
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

I'll eat almost anything that sounds like Waffle.

*hands Mari sheet music for vocal*

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 06-28-2008, 09:28 AM   #40
Mari
Elf Lady

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroopwafel

They are delicious, but not for breakfast maybe

*studies the sheet music and starts playing a bit on the piano to get a grip on the melody before humming it along*

Closed Thread