Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-29-1999, 07:58 AM   #21
Gollum

WTF?

of all people to wipe don't wipe tom bombadil!!!!! think of all you'd have to take out if you left him out... 1)there would be no getting trapped in the willow 2)They would never be captured by the barrowdowns(who would rescue them) 3)didn't he give them some stuff or somethign to take on their journey? 4)he would have to be left out of all important conversation later concerned... it would suck... and theres no way you can cut Sam gamgee..
Old 12-29-1999, 01:38 PM   #22
Eruve

Re: WTF?

Well, it's sure TB is out. I think they've missed a wonderful oppertunity to give Robin Williams a cameo role by cutting TB, though.
Old 12-29-1999, 11:01 PM   #23
Darth Tater

Re: WTF?

Yes, Robin Williams would have been great. But we can still hope for James Earl Jones as Treebeard.
Old 01-04-2000, 04:34 AM   #24
IronParrot

Bombadil

The first time I read LOTR, the Bombadil chapters confused (and sometimes bored) me. I didn't actually understand what happened until a second reading... and they really have little to do with the mainstream plot. Disadvantage: I guess the part in the Council of Elrond where Bombadil is discussed is cut as well... As for James Earl Jones as Treebeard? PLEASE! PLEASE! I've been PRAYING for that dream to come true since day one!
Old 04-24-2003, 10:02 AM   #25
SamwiseGamgeeOTS
Elven Warrior

Location: A quaint little hole which last time I checked was somewhere near Ohio, Middle-Earth.
Sam Gamgee

it would have been too long had they kept Tom in the movie, although I'm a big fan of Tom cause he saved their lives and all.....