Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-22-2003, 05:31 PM   #21
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

It's been in development a LONG time, but it's been dropped by numerous companies. It was recently picked up again by Sierra, I think. This version is still in very early development.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 05:55 PM   #22
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith
Ha, know what? I'm just trying to convince my mum that a sword is something I really need. Going to prom night? Surely, I'll take my sword with me.
Now Lalaith is the sword to go along with your prom dress (prom armor?) or is it to keep your date in line? But actually I think that would be so cool to do that to your prom. And you could get some of that Xena body armor and strut in and momma...

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 05:58 PM   #23
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
You do not have my bow. It is utterly ridiculous to do this, when ME already exists! I live there, although I have been sent to the US by the Valar right now.
Elf Girl what would the valar have you do in america? are we all in mortal danger? are you here to take out the Bushes once and for all and usher in a land of piece and kindness and prosperity? In that case you have MY sword too.

Old 01-22-2003, 07:13 PM   #24
Elf Girl
Lurker

The Valar think that the race of Men have too far strayed from the path of goodness, and I have to remind them that there is a Middle-Earth, and tell them about the Elves, and so on and so forth.

And I can't go home until a lot of people beleive me... *wistful sigh*

Last edited by Elf Girl : 01-22-2003 at 07:15 PM.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 03:18 AM   #25
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Now Lalaith is the sword to go along with your prom dress (prom armor?) or is it to keep your date in line? But actually I think that would be so cool to do that to your prom. And you could get some of that Xena body armor and strut in and momma...

I think I'll go as Èowyn, well at least in her white dress and then a sword would fit perfectly well. Narsil, eg. But okay, the dress will be expensive enough, I don't think I can afford a sword.
Old 01-23-2003, 04:18 AM   #26
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Lalaith:
I think I'll go as Èowyn, well at least in her white dress and then a sword would fit perfectly well. Narsil, eg.
Why would you want the red and white flame if you were going as Èowyn?
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 07:27 AM   #27
congressmn
Incharge: neighbourhood security

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
You do not have my bow. It is utterly ridiculous to do this, when ME already exists! I live there, although I have been sent to the US by the Valar right now.
now where is this ME that u talk of? in ure imagination? Are there any elves or hobbits who dwell there?

so where is it?
Old 01-23-2003, 07:31 AM   #28
congressmn

Just had a little conversation with VALAR, he tells me that we really must get on with this.

He wants to have his own exclusive palace in V-ME.

So what do u think? Shud we give it to him?
Old 01-23-2003, 08:22 AM   #29
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

I would take Narsil because it is a really nice sword and I love the design of it.
But anyway, it is not a costume prom so I'll probably take no sword at all. They all know that I'm a Freak by now, but I don't have to be an Idiot.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:42 AM   #30
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
I would take Narsil because it is a really nice sword and I love the design of it.
But anyway, it is not a costume prom so I'll probably take no sword at all. They all know that I'm a Freak by now, but I don't have to be an Idiot.
Well if it wasnt for the fact that you would probably get suspended and perhaps arrested for bringing a weapon to a school funtion (at least here you would. not sure how leniant they are about that in Austria) I would say do it. Who cares what those losers think. Screw them yer not a freak. You are just making a serious fasion statement.

Old 01-23-2003, 10:50 AM   #31
congressmn

Absolutely. hell with people who think u r a freak. U know what u r doing.

Listen to Indsidious, but really dont get into trouble with the police.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:27 PM   #32
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

I don't think I'd be arrested for bringing a sword to the prom night.
And about the freak-thing. I love beeing called a Freak. That means I'm not normal, I'm not another ordinary girl.
But you inspired me, if I can afford the sword (i think I can't there are too much other things I have to by till the next year when I'll go studying), I'll take the sword with me. That would be real fun: Crazy Julie takes a sword with her! Hahaha
Old 01-23-2003, 03:15 PM   #33
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
I want a holodec!
So do I!

Just imagine the possibilities... *sighs dreamily*
Old 01-23-2003, 04:19 PM   #34
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by congressmn
now where is this ME that u talk of? in ure imagination? Are there any elves or hobbits who dwell there?

so where is it?
It's in Europe. People don't know it's there because people who wander in usually end up getting killed, and if they get out alive people think they're insane.

Quote:
Originally posted by congressmn
Just had a little conversation with VALAR, he tells me that we really must get on with this.

He wants to have his own exclusive palace in V-ME.

So what do u think? Shud we give it to him?
That would be THE Valar. Valar, plural.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 05:10 PM   #35
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Lalaith, if you buy that Éowyn dress, Congressmn, Insidious and I could have a whip-round for a sword to you
If you want people to think that you are crazy, then showing up at the prom as Éowyn wielding her sword would definitely do it. And what a tribute to Tolkien that would be!
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 05:49 PM   #36
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
Lalaith, if you buy that Éowyn dress, Congressmn, Insidious and I could have a whip-round for a sword to you
If you want people to think that you are crazy, then showing up at the prom as Éowyn wielding her sword would definitely do it. And what a tribute to Tolkien that would be!
yeah but most of them would probably just assume she was Joan of Arc.

Old 01-24-2003, 01:50 AM   #37
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Thank you!

And, no, nobody (at least not the people from my class) would think I'm Joan of Arc because I told them that I want the white Eowyn dress and they all found it amazing and beautiful. Ecept of a friend who said that suicide people wear white dresses. That would be a statement for prom: suicide!
Old 01-24-2003, 11:21 AM   #38
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
...Ecept of a friend who said that suicide people wear white dresses. That would be a statement for prom: suicide!
Suicide? I wasnt very aware of the connection between white and suicide really. I thought a white dress was more a sign of purity and such. Which is why its traditionally used at weddings. Even though very few women are technically "pure" by the time they get married if you know what I mean. Maybe theres a slight conotation with virgin sacrifice or something. But suicide?

Old 01-26-2003, 05:27 AM   #39
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Suicide? I wasnt very aware of the connection between white and suicide really. I thought a white dress was more a sign of purity and such. Which is why its traditionally used at weddings. Even though very few women are technically "pure" by the time they get married if you know what I mean. Maybe theres a slight conotation with virgin sacrifice or something. But suicide?
I thought that way too! When he said that I first asked if he meant that Eowyn looked like she wanted to kill herself but he said that this dress was typical for women who want to kill themselves. Strange. I like it either. And I like the thought of beeing pure. I think I'll ask my aunt to make me a white dress.
Old 01-26-2003, 04:18 PM   #40
Woodenpipe
Sapling

Strider

Jonathan, Middle Earth Online is now being developed. Let me find a link that you can visit for more information.
Woodenpipe is offline   Reply With Quote