Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-13-2003, 08:21 AM   #21
Bridgette
Enting

Arwen Undomiel

Ack! The Hobbit is not boring! (But maybe that is just becusae I have the mentality level of a 6 year old.... hmmm )
Old 09-13-2003, 10:56 AM   #22
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Cirdan
Well, I predict this one might actually happen after King Kong crashes and burns and he gets hungry for an easy score.
Another typical "head up the caboose" comment. Even without knowing how good the movie will be, a 'blockbuster event' movie associated with Peter Jackson on the heels of "The Return of the King" is guaranteed to make at least $250,000,000 in the US alone, not counting worldwide grosses.
Black Breathalizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 12:34 PM   #23
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Breathalizer
Another typical "head up the caboose" comment.
So that's where I recognize you from.

What's the matter, widdle Pete? Can't admit Big Pete picked a lousy project in King Kong? An eight year old project that has already been killed once. No movie is garranteed anything, and because the word-of-mouth via the Internet kills the unworthy regardless of the reputation of the director.

example:

Director Martin Brest

Midnight Run

Scent of a Woman

Meet Joe Black

Gigli

Only 27 movies have ever grossed more than $250 million. So, you're wrong again, as usual.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 02:44 AM   #24
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Quote:
Well, I predict this one might actually happen after King Kong crashes and burns and he gets hungry for an easy score.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another typical "head up the caboose" comment.
I doubt even peter jackson is stupid enough to change the movie so that king kong doesn't die. ];p
Old 09-14-2003, 09:08 AM   #25
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

I stand by my prediction about King Kong. We will see who's right.
Old 09-14-2003, 05:31 PM   #26
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

I predict that come December, BB is going to be lauding RoTK to be the greatest thing ever, the bee's knees, the best thing since sliced bread. Where do I pick up my money?
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 07:58 PM   #27
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Wayfarer
I doubt even peter jackson is stupid enough to change the movie so that king kong doesn't die. ];p
No, you are right... he'll have Legolas shoot him dead with an arrow.
Quote:
Well Ruinel, I do have this flensing knife you can borrow... ]: D
damn... *snif* and I was hoping to participate in the torture before the actual slicing... I bought my own thumbscrews and everything... *snif* ...you take all the joy out of living. *puts head in hands and cries*
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 06:31 PM   #28
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheeana
I predict that come December, BB is going to be lauding RoTK to be the greatest thing ever, the bee's knees, the best thing since sliced bread. Where do I pick up my money?
Sorry, no takers.

Um... must keep on-topic... I predict that Arwen's role will be greatly exaggerated, there will be much love-triangle-ness, and the Hobbit's role in the whole story will be almost forgotten.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 09:07 PM   #29
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheeana
At this point in the series, predicting that ROTK will be a great movie is like predicting the sun will come up in the East.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:15 PM   #30
Elf Girl
Lurker

No no dear, it's predicting it will be a great movie in BB's eyes that's like saying the sun will come up in the East.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 10:50 PM   #31
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Good one Elf Girl!
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 03:36 AM   #32
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

My prediction: Just like they did in Helm's Deep the Elves will come to the rescue of Men at the battle before Minas Tirith. Arwen will be there too, fighting of course.

If I'm proven to be wrong in this I will be a very happy mooter.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:07 PM   #33
galadriel
Elven Warrior

Prediction: By the end of the movie, I will be crying. Possibly hysterically. Just as I am about to recover, a reprise of the "Fellowship" theme in the soundtrack during the credits will send me diving once more for the Kleenex.

dreamflower
- for all things Lady Galadriel
galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 05:12 PM   #34
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

Many of the filmmakers themselves admit to crying while watching the raw footage of ROTK. If the filmmakers can get emotional watching footage that should be 'old hat' for them by this point, it certainly bodes well for the audience's reaction in December.
Old 09-20-2003, 06:40 PM   #35
Laurelindórenan
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
My prediction: Just like they did in Helm's Deep the Elves will come to the rescue of Men at the battle before Minas Tirith. Arwen will be there too, fighting of course.
I highly doubt this. What elves are going to come? Besides, if they had Arwen fighting it would downplay Eowyn's role in the battle which I highly doubt they would want to do.

We all took an evilness test. WiKi was in the 99.7 to 99.8 percentile range. Seven of the rest of us got in the 99.0 to 99.6 range. Our 9th member, Bob, hasn't been able to overcome his love of kittens. He only got a 88.2. We're hoping to get him replaced.

- Ask the Characters, stupidring.com

I'm BB's daughter.
Laurelindórenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 07:32 AM   #36
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Like I said, I'd be very happy to be proven wrong.
Old 09-21-2003, 09:53 AM   #37
jusu
Sapling

I only hope that none of the great deeds of Eowyn (in the book) will be given to Arwen's credit.

Actually, I remember having seen sort of a promo piece of The Hobbit coming into theaters in December 2005, with the dragon and all, put mostly with cuts of FotR.
Old 09-21-2003, 02:26 PM   #38
galadriel
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Breathalizer
Many of the filmmakers themselves admit to crying while watching the raw footage of ROTK. If the filmmakers can get emotional watching footage that should be 'old hat' for them by this point, it certainly bodes well for the audience's reaction in December.
Gah... I'm getting teary-eyed just thinking about it....

dreamflower
- for all things Lady Galadriel
galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 09:37 PM   #39
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

ill probibly end up walking out of the theater in the end bawling my eyes out. then ill cry all afternoon and all night and for the rest of the week and i wont get anything done cause ill still be crying. NOTE TO SELF: BRING PLENTY OF TISSUES
Old 09-25-2003, 10:06 PM   #40
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Hey, I've even cried just from reading the book(just a few manly tears). I'm a big ol' sap so I'll probably moisten up at the end, too.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote