Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-26-2006, 07:22 PM   #21
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

I endorse fully.

Can we have a TLA topic as a major catagory? I know it has been retired, but it was a very long running RPG.
klatukatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:35 PM   #22
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Sounds cool. I'll endorse it.
Quote:
I also think we should go with Earniel's name, encyclopedia entmootica.
Yeah, I like that name. Very fitting.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:40 PM   #23
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

Encyclopedia Entmootica

I'll gladly endorse it.
Is that 15 people yet?

Quote:
Me, too. In fact, please do not write anything personal, either jokingly or seriously, about me that you may have gleaned from paying attention to these threads over the past year. All I want is that I'm from L.A. and perhaps what kind of personality I have, but I want no miscellaneous personal details in a bio of me. No way, my little buckaroo. It's one thing to have potentially identifying tidbits scattered here and there in deep in the threads, but to have identifying info all together collected in one easily accessible place - Oh, I shudder, I get panicky just thinking aout the concept. Majorly panicky. So, FULL EDITING RIGHTS, like Earniel said, and do not write anything personal about me other than what I've got already in my Profile, and what my personality is like. No personal identifying details, please.
I agree.

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 09:43 PM   #24
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Maybe we all should get full editing rights, ya think?

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:25 PM   #25
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Other Mooters should get veto power though. Otherwise mine is going to read "Nurvingiel founded the board now called Entmoot. It was originally titled Nurvingiel's Board of Greatness, but she changed the title out of sheer magnaminity to her devotees. The board members, now numbering over three thousand, worship the Great Nurvingiel by bowing to a small teacup-shaped shrine three times per day."

Is that okay?

I'd actually rather not have a hand in writing my thingie, if we're doing that, at all. I just want to fix any apostrophe abuses or other grammatical or spelling errors that might happen, because Grammar Nazi!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:05 PM   #26
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Why, thank you all! I've almost lost track of the people who want me to add them! I'm sure this is MORE than fifteen people...the more the merrier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
An Encyclopedia Entmootica. Nice idea.

But I want full editting rights if anyone ever writes an entry about me.

I seem to remember that Hector has started an attempt to update those, but I can't relocate the thread. Perhaps his work can be combined with this idea.
LOL! I think that's what I'll call it. Of course, in fact, I think each member should create his/her own page. I'd create the so-called "stub" with pretty much only the info seen in their profile for several, most with not much more than their username and a blank page open for editing. I'd leave biographies up to the members.
And you shall get them! In fact, I'd be able to make you an admin! See? Now you all know my secret. I don't begin a job, I create job! I'd be an admin, of course, since it's my idea (like you got your own shirt for free), but if bmilder came back I'd transfer "encyclopedia ownership" to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBBIT
who was around long enough to know the history of entmoot? seriously :P
Why, you of course! *emphasizes "you" to stress the amount of work involved *
Old 03-26-2006, 11:12 PM   #27
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
Well, add me to the growing list. Keep in mind though, my computer expertise is nonexistent, and I'm very lazy. Anything thing you need from me I will gladly give though.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:16 PM   #28
trolls' bane

Thank you very much!
I've added all the people so far, and there are thirteen.
Is there anyone I missed?
Old 03-26-2006, 11:38 PM   #29
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Did you read what I wrote last page? Can you read that post of mine right now and give me an answer or response there? I need to know what you're planning to do with our bios, if you are planning such a thing. Please read my post.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:42 PM   #30
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Did you read what I wrote last page? Can you read that post of mine right now and give me an answer or response there? I need to know what you're planning to do with our bios, if you are planning such a thing. Please read my post.
Don't need to. Already did two posts back. But again:
I will create a stub with probably only your username, you will write your own bio.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:02 AM   #31
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

O.K., fine. Just don't start writing any biographies of me, because I do not want too much identifying information about myself in one easily accessibe spot. Thanks!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:10 AM   #32
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Hey, sounds good to me. What's the link?
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:25 AM   #33
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

There are member bios on Tolkien Trail posted at least 6 years ago.

edit:
http://www.tolkientrail.com/fangorn/members.shtml

lol. so long ago and such stupid comments. not quite 6 years ago - more like 5. My age is listed as 13 on it and I turn 18 in less than a month Bmilder's age is listed as 15 and he is 20 now!

I do know much of the history of entmoot. Bmilder would obviously know the most about the founding of entmoot and its early months to first year. But i do know it :P

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 12:38 AM   #34
trolls' bane

Well, there is no link, yet...I will add you for now, Curub, and Earniel, but I'm going to aim for twenty now. Do you wish to be added, HOBBIT?

*ahem* Any ideas for project descriptions?
Old 06-27-2006, 02:15 AM   #35
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

This was a cool idea, whatever happened?
Old 06-27-2006, 04:45 AM   #36
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

...i think we are still looking for our very own 'bilbo' to give us luck ... (?) as we are currently 13?

(the ring itself, being a sentient sort of chap ...and a fairly decent one, all in all, (despotic tendencies aside ..we all have our little foibles you know ...) with some connections to the board here could be the fifteenth at a pinch no? )

so..we get our lucky 'bilbo' and the ...er..project can start? is that right?

**]*SUPER 2000 EDIT **[*

wow- just noticed, what a nice place to put in me 2,000th post! - kind of amazed i noiticed that!

Last edited by Butterbeer : 06-27-2006 at 04:49 AM.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:23 AM   #37
HOBBIT

Troll's Bane never got this started it looks like. :P Who knows. It could still happen if you guys wanted it.

huh, entmoot 13? Entmoot is nearing it's 7th birthday I believe and it's been 5 years on Vbulletin.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Old 06-27-2006, 09:52 PM   #38
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Two thoughts:

First, it would perhaps be a good idea to put an article about Entmoot on the real wikipedia before making an Entwiki.

Second:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Purposes:
--Member bios (with member permission of course! And it's probably best if the bios are created by the members they are concerning).
I think it would be much more fun if random people were assigned to compose outrageous bios.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:07 AM   #39
HOBBIT

An article on the real wikipedia? sure.

but will it get deleted or not? look at this: from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:WEB
Quote:
Criteria for Web Content
Web specific-content[3] is notable if it meets any one of the following criteria:

The content itself has been the subject of multiple non-trivial published works whose source is independent of the site itself.
This criterion excludes:
Media re-prints of press releases and advertising for the content or site.[4]
Trivial coverage, such as newspaper articles that simply report the internet address, the times at which such content is updated or made available, a brief summary of the nature of the content or the publication of internet addresses and site or content descriptions in internet directories or online stores.
This criterion includes reliable published works in all forms, such as newspaper and magazine articles, books, television documentaries, and published reports by consumer watchdog organizations.[5]
The website or content has won a well known and independent award, either from a publication or organisation.[6]
The content is distributed via a site which is both well known and independent of the creators, either through an online newspaper or magazine, an online publisher, or an online broadcaster.[7]
The article itself must provide proof that its subject meets one of these criteria via inlined links or a "Reference" or "External link" section. Even if an entire website meets the notability criteria, its components (forums, articles, sections) are not necessarily notable and deserving of their own separate article.
I can think of some awards - Ezboard made Entmoot a showcase ezboard and ezboard interviewed bmilder and I for our sucessful forums for their first newsletter.

Michael Martinez gave entmoot 4 or 5 stars (whatever his highest rating is) and said it was the best tolkien messageboard (something like that).

And a local newspaper interviewed bmilder and probably mentioned entmoot.

we could put in an overview of entmoot and its general history.

Old 06-28-2006, 04:26 AM   #40
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

isn't merely having you Hobbit , me and Gwai here at the moot, enough?

Quote:
I think it would be much more fun if random people were assigned to compose outrageous bios.
..yours is already on the web mate!!

13?

..er..there was some talk of 15 sponsors or some such ?

Some sort of elite going round in circles group .... with the Crack ability to spin round and ropund on the spot going nowhere at lightning speeds ....

anyway - i say go for it!

If TB is too lazy to do it, let's despose him and holding high his severed head, cry "Entmoot for Wiki!" ...

I propose we give TB 48 hours to lead us into the fray or to consider himself deposed ...

(wotcha TB! )
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote