Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-08-2002, 04:30 PM   #21
gdl96
the greg the admin

The only reason I know some of the Spiderman villains is because of the Spiderman ride in Universal Studios Islands of Adventure in Florida. Although I only know Doctor Octopus (Doc Oc) and Green Goblin by name. But there are several others that if I see, I will yell out and say "hey, he was from the Spiderman ride". I like Doc Oc, and he's gonna be in the next movie, as well as someone else.

btw, Spiderman the ride is the BEST simulator ride EVER. (yes, even better than back to the future, although that is pretty outdated)
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 03:52 PM   #22
Darth Tater
The man

As far as comic book movies go, Spiderman is second only to Unbreakable (it's just not fair to count the Matrix). When it comes to comicbook movies based on existing comicbooks, this flick rules! The story was perfect, the changes were all done for good reasons, the relationship stuff was great, Peter Parker/Mary Jane could not have been better, Willem Defoe was a god (loved the Slinker/Stinker stuff), and Spidey kicked ass!
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 04:18 PM   #23
gdl96
the greg the admin

I think casting was done extremely well. Spiderman/PP, MJW, Harry, Norman/GG, Uncle Ben, Aunt May were all done perfectly. And I would like to also point out that whoever played the head of the Daily Bugle (forgot his name) was excellent, and really got that character down well.
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 08:20 PM   #24
Darth Tater
The man

That really was a perfect charicature of Jameson, which was all that was needed.
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 09:58 PM   #25
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Yeah, that was all I remember of Jameson from the comic books:
1. Black&white flat-top hair
2. Cigar
3. Looking for anything to complain/diss about; especially spidey

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lĂșmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 12:47 PM   #26
Faramir
Elven Warrior

YES! YES! YES! Spider-Man Rocked! It was GREAT!!! Everyone HAS to see it! I LOVED it! Go see it! It came in Second place next to LotR! Go See IT! Five Stars*****!
==========================
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
==========================
I Love Jesus!
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 01:39 PM   #27
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Quote:
comic books are just expensive now...Besides, whats the point of buying them now?...if you read them you diminish the value.
Go into a store that has unwrapped comic books, grab one, and read it. Then put it back on the shelf. ]: )

Although what really got me into spider-man was a friend of mine who had some fifty issues tucked away. I remember I read through Maximum Carnage and quite a few with Spider man/Venom.

One of my favorites would have to be 'the legion of losers' "what are we going to do?" "Get a giant vat of popcorn and POP him to death!"

Incidentally, I think I can still name most of the spider man characters off the top of my head:

Last edited by Wayfarer : 05-17-2002 at 01:42 PM.
Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote