Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-10-2003, 10:07 AM   #21
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

should have been more clear then

Yes, they would be blurry for me too because it is basically the same prescription.

BUT - some people do it. I guess their eyes are so bad that they have to be corrected with both contacts and glasses to see at all. My aunt wears them both at the same time.

Is 2 weeks enough? Because on monday i'm ordering whatever i'll be using for a while - and daily contacts are looking very good.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 01:25 PM   #22
Elf Girl
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by HOBBIT
too bad that my eyes keep getting worse every year. i get a slightly stronger perscription every year i fear that soon i will be like completely blind with out contacts and glasses (not for several years though)
They'll settle. Mine aren't changing as much as they used to.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 06:48 PM   #23
Millane
The Dude

Get a pair of Marilyn Mansons Mechanical Animals ones... There red and roange and yellowy and very classy
Old 08-10-2003, 07:16 PM   #24
HOBBIT

with the daily desposables, you can take them in and out during the day, right? Can you nap with them?

my mom is weird, she thinks that you can only wear them once, and that after you take them out they are no longer good or something :P

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Old 08-11-2003, 08:56 PM   #25
Elf Girl
Lurker

Yes, you can nap with them, and take them in and out during the day. Even if you sleep with them it isn't a big deal. They just won't last as long.

If you choose, you can wear them for a week solid (i.e. not taking them out at night) but then you must throw them out.

~this all applies to my AcuVue contacts. I must not be held to this if your contacts or your eyes are different from mine.~
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 05:40 PM   #26
HOBBIT

This past monday I ordered a 6 month supply of daily acuvue contact lenses!

Monday was my 14th day on the TWO WEEK LENSES, but they assured me that they would be fine for several days. Wrong, when trying to put them in on the 16th day of wear, they fell apart completely.

Now finally after a few days without contacts, the contacts came in.

I put a contact into my right eye without any trouble at all - and I could feel the difference between daily and 2 week.

Then I tried to take out a contact for my left eye.... when I took it out there was a rip! It wasn't a complete contact.... I probably dug a nail into it accidently or something........

Or maybe it was defective?

I thought about taking another contact to put into my left eye, but I didn't want to waste any others.... I didn't think that breaking a contact might become common!

So I took out the contact that was safely in my right eye and threw it out.... I even tried to break it to see how durable it was - it took 3 tugs to break it..... So how did the left one break while taking out of the thing!?!!?! oh well

They are more comfortable - but they are a lot thinner too. Easy to rip, so i've noticed.

I will try again tomorrow with a new set of lenses.