Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-23-2003, 06:34 PM   #21
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Millane
ohhh im not having a go at the different bands (cept maybe RHCP ) but why go to a MM concert in a SOAD shirt?
Just curious... (no offense intended) why are you judging people by what they wear?
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 02:07 PM   #22
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarok
Just curious... (no offense intended) why are you judging people by what they wear?
well for one i dont know what the point is, of wearing a different bands shirt to a MM concert and for another a lot of them were just wankers trying to antagonise the fans e.g. some deadshit screaming out we want metallica (wearing a metallica shirt), i think he was supposed to be funny but nobody responded so i think he wasted $90, moron...
Old 10-12-2003, 01:15 PM   #23
Hemel
Elven Warrior

I think Marilyn Manson rocks I've been only to one live yet but there's another one next month I was very surprised at the stage show. I've read a load of the books about him as well, and there are some gross things in there ('Kelly's corn hole' BARF!) but he talks a lot of sense. I can't believe how silly they are to try to blame Columbine on him. People always like to try to blame the individual for things and say it's because of this bad or that bad. I think doing that is just a cover up and lazy too, because it's easy to do that and saves as well having to look for what might be deeper reasons.

I saw the film 'Bowling for Columbine'. Yes, I KNOW it's been seriously taken apart and Michael Moore was less than honest in his editing of things . But that's the sort of thing I mean - that it went and tried to look for an explanation that was not just the idea that there are bad individuals and the rest of us are okay. I think that's what Marilyn Manson's saying too

Last edited by Hemel : 10-12-2003 at 01:17 PM.
Hemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 06:49 PM   #24
Millane
The Dude

ohhh nice one what show have you been to before???
i went to Grotesk Burlesk last month and it is ****ing amazing, Guns God and Government didnt come to australia so the dvd will have to suffice and the Last tour on Earth i wasnt into Manson, poor me
did you see Astonishing Panorama of the Endtimes live i would love to see that live...
the only think with Grotesk Burlesk i would have changed would be not doing Paranoir (didnt like it as much as his others) and added Lunchbox, Antichrist Superstar and The Reflecting God... i would have prefered the Death Song or the Love song over the Fight song but it was still awesome
OMG Disposable Teens rocked live... He had his two hot as dancers and they were so cool in mOBSCENE, and then i saw them after the show out the front mingling...
I still cant make up my mind about Tim Skold, Twiggy sure left him big shoes to fill, i dont doubt his musical ability but Twiggy was just so cool.

Last edited by Millane : 10-15-2003 at 07:46 AM.
Millane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 07:23 AM   #25
Hemel
Elven Warrior

ooops sorry, missed this!

I went to Guns, Gods, and Roses, and it was - just WOW! Totally phenomenal - I have never ever seen a show like it before. Completely knocked me over, and when he appeared on stilts - OMG! The whole lot, it was grotesque and yet really fascinating all at the same time - there were things flicking around all in my head as I was seeing things differently! And he used a torch, pointed into the audience - that was really uncomfortable, being spotted like that, scary! - and of course everyone made a fuss about the sex scene, the media, how disgusting they said - I thought he was brilliant, the whole lot was brilliant!

I've just seen Grotesk Burlesque - you're right, mOBSCENE was awesome and his two females dancing on those pedestals made it, just completely. They were totally brilliant all through - though yes, Antichrist Superstar - waaaaa! You know something? I have to say that Grotesk Burlesque was great - oh yes, but it wasn't as good, I thought, as Guns, Gods, and Roses. Um ... hugs to you, and sorry!
Old 11-24-2003, 09:38 AM   #26
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Marilyn Manson and Brian Warner are one in the same... i havent got the article with me but it was addressing this issue. He says that there is no difference between the two and that is one thing that he has recieved much praise for, being a 'true' artist i cant find that article but ill put it up when i can...
Well, I'll believe you anyway. But most of the people see only the frightening and dark MM and not what's behind him.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:53 PM   #27
Hemel
Elven Warrior

My guineapig is called Brian.

Yes, that is why!
Old 11-24-2003, 11:35 PM   #28
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Hemel
ooops sorry, missed this!

I went to Guns, Gods, and Roses, and it was - just WOW! Totally phenomenal - I have never ever seen a show like it before. Completely knocked me over, and when he appeared on stilts - OMG! The whole lot, it was grotesque and yet really fascinating all at the same time - there were things flicking around all in my head as I was seeing things differently! And he used a torch, pointed into the audience - that was really uncomfortable, being spotted like that, scary! - and of course everyone made a fuss about the sex scene, the media, how disgusting they said - I thought he was brilliant, the whole lot was brilliant!

I've just seen Grotesk Burlesque - you're right, mOBSCENE was awesome and his two females dancing on those pedestals made it, just completely. They were totally brilliant all through - though yes, Antichrist Superstar - waaaaa! You know something? I have to say that Grotesk Burlesque was great - oh yes, but it wasn't as good, I thought, as Guns, Gods, and Roses. Um ... hugs to you, and sorry!
thats awesome... did manson play Antichrist when you saw Grotesk Burlesk????... the media in Australia seems to love Manson, he has been raved about in many reviews and praised for his great performance (maybe coz now they know he's not telling kiddies to go kill there friends)... we didnt think he would play the Dope Show but he did and (s)aint aswell, he even said a few lines from 1996...
Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith
Well, I'll believe you anyway. But most of the people see only the frightening and dark MM and not what's behind him.
yeah fair enough, lots of people do see that and regardless of whether its true there are always lots of people to keep the rumors going
Quote:
My guineapig is called Brian.
hahahahaha
Old 11-25-2003, 12:31 PM   #29
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:

yeah fair enough, lots of people do see that and regardless of whether its true there are always lots of people to keep the rumors going
hahahahaha
Pop culture and society do not understand black sheep. Has always been that way. But if you want to attrac attention you have to do something else. Mainstreaming doesn't help.
And I thing his way of performing is quite good.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:14 AM   #30
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Marilyn Manson The Greatest
Marilyn Manson is currently in the studio recording new material, some of which will appear on a "best of collection" that will be released this fall. Besides all of their classics, the album will feature the new single, a cover of Depeche Mode's "Personal Jesus." In addition to a booklet of rare photos and artwork by Marilyn Manson, the entire video catalog will be included for the first time ever on DVD, featuring the never-before-seen, uncensored cut of "(s)AINT" directed by Asia Argento.
The band has decided to part ways with guitarist John 5 as recording sessions for the next album begin.
fellow Manson fans (and by that i mean Hemel and Lin, who really does like Manson she just wont admit it) we have a new cd and its going to rock. im probably just doing this for myself but now is the chance for all of you heathens to enjoy the world of Manson....
Unfortunately John 5 wont be there His guitarist position will be handed on to Tim Skold, who also took over from Twiggy Ramirez, this really annoys me because John 5 rocked but i havent heard anything apart from what is posted above so i dont know the reasons....
i half hoped this was an April Fools Joke (for John 5 of course) and it does remind me of the dvd where it is written JOHN 5 AND JT ARE DEAD, TOUR OVER. but something tells me this isnt a joke...
anyway at least were getting a best of album out of it, a chance for HB to sample some real music
there is some more stuff on his website over the few days,
a piece Manson wrote about The Doors, a couple of interviews including one about Mansons upcoming role in The Heart is deceitful above all things, new Manson mOBSCENE and Fight Song figurines and of course this new revelation (just go to www.marilynmanson.com and click the MM thing)
.................................................. ................................

Last edited by Millane : 04-01-2004 at 08:15 AM.
Millane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 07:32 PM   #31
Catgirl
Elven Warrior

Um, I don't mean to knock any Manson fans, but I was just wondering how you can find sence in liking or even listening to a guy that does things like this: http://www.theonion.com/onion3703/marilyn_mason.html

Also, I do agree with some of the things that Manson says, but in general, he is not the best 'role model' for anyone. But that's just my opinion.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:58 PM   #32
zinnite
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Catgirl
Um, I don't mean to knock any Manson fans, but I was just wondering how you can find sence in liking or even listening to a guy that does things like this: http://www.theonion.com/onion3703/marilyn_mason.html
I don't think it's possible that someone can get that deep into The Onion's archives and not realize it's all satire, so I'll assume that your sarcasm was lost on me as a result of the medium.

I don't so much love his music, but I do really like him. And I'm really looking forward to his take on "Personal Jesus."
"WHERE? WHERE?"
"Oh. Well, it blazes up from a crimson-sheathed visage brooding darkly above the haunted towers of impotent indignity which, like melons hovering unhappily over lifetimes of empty meaning which-"
"THE ADDRESS!"
"Oh. Oh, I didn't notice. But look for a brooding, glaring trail of cosmic fury rising from a crimson-sheathed visage-"
They lead him back to his car, and send him on. -- Philip K. Dick

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." -- Diderot
zinnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 01:30 AM   #33
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:

Also, I do agree with some of the things that Manson says, but in general, he is not the best 'role model' for anyone. But that's just my opinion.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA im sorry but i cant tell if you took that article serious cuz look at the pictures they are all picture cut outs just photoshopped in. im sorry but not to knock you thats too funny that you took that serious. Also marilyn manson may look like a freak but how can you judge a book by its cover this man is probably one of the most insightful people out there because he has experienced so much crap compared to some morons who reads a book and gets a degree in pyschology or somethin

Also if you ake this seriously then.... im not even gonna say anything
Quote:
"Have you people forgotten already?" Manson told The Washington Post. "You all thought I was responsible for Columbine two years ago. Well, I was! I was! I know I vehemently denied it at the time, but, really, I personally told those two kids to shoot up the school. I'm serious. I sent them an e-mail. And I told them to worship Satan, too. You hear that, kids? Marilyn Manson says you should shoot your friends in the head with a gun! And everyone should eat babies! And rape their dead grandparents! And poop on a church! There, now will someone please be offended?"
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.

Last edited by gimli7410 : 04-03-2004 at 01:37 AM.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 01:23 AM   #34
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
OOOHHH MY GOD
Quote:
why not? i happen to think that Manson is one of the best role models a young person could have, he's intelligent and creative and he encourages people to be creative and express themselves, but like everything there are two takes on things, on the dvd for example Manson goes through "**** nature. **** voting. **** taxes. **** retirement and College funds. **** Nature. **** breakfast" etc etc, now some people see this and start saying "what kind of role model is this" more intelligent people ask themselves what he is doing and for what purpose and they work out something like "ohhh he's telling people not to care about all the stuff that just burdens young people" after all **** everything isnt such a bad idea is it? i was just wondering why you dont seem to think he's a suitable role model?
ditto Gimli
Old 04-04-2004, 01:38 AM   #35
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
ditto Gimli

i dont know if catgirl is comin back
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 02:47 PM   #36
Catgirl
Elven Warrior

[QUOTEi was just wondering why you dont seem to think he's a suitable role model?
[/B][/QUOTE]

Well, I do agree with some fo the things he says, but in my opinion, the way he appears, it seems he would not have a very 'positive' effect on many kids. He may have good ideas or opinions, but most kids will not see that, they will just concentrate on what he acts like and how the media describes him.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:15 AM   #37
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Well, I do agree with some fo the things he says, but in my opinion, the way he appears, it seems he would not have a very 'positive' effect on many kids. He may have good ideas or opinions, but most kids will not see that, they will just concentrate on what he acts like and how the media describes him.
it appears as if you have missed many points entirely, first off (with a few very odd exceptions) im not talking about 5 year olds or anything, im talking young adults. Could you be a little more specific as to appearance, i think you are talking clothing, makeup, hair etc is that right? hahaha first off i see nothing wrong with some classy suits, burlesque hats and some make up, a lot of Mansons appearance concerns art and theres nothing wrong with him liking a particular fashion or having a particular theme, if you think theres something wrong with creativity then i know this post isnt going anywhere. His appearance itself is also promoting "be yourself, who cares what other people think of you"... now whats so negative about his appearance also a bit more specific about actions please?
the media portraying Manson in some light is no flaw of Manson's and if people choose to read some absolute trash and believe it (and youve just shown that it happens ) then that is there fault... Also with a quote of Oscar Wilde's in your signature i thought you would understand that when art is misconstrued it is by no fault of the artist but of the observer...
Old 04-05-2004, 11:07 AM   #38
Catgirl
Elven Warrior

I do know exactly what you are saying. It is not the clothes that Manson wears or the hats he wears that I do not like, they are very likeable, but it is just that, I grew up in a very strict Christian home, and that is probably why I don't exactly get the best 'vibe' from Manson. Also, I have nothing against being creative or being yourself, but in my opinion I have seen some of his concerts and albums and to me, he does not come across as a very, well in my standards, a very 'good' or 'morally' correct person. He does not seem to have a 'positive image'. And I know that I do not know Manson as well as you (Millane) or gimli7410, and I probably do not have right to just judge him without knowing his well, but I do think that things that the media comes out with most likely are sometimes even a little bit of the truth, just twisted a lot.
And yes Millane, from my signature, I do understand that it is the observers fault when they misconscrue art. But you also have to consider what the art is portraying!?!
And again, I do not have a grudge against Manson, I just don't personally accept or apreciate some aspects of him. (But that does not include his clothes or stuff like that)

Last edited by Catgirl : 04-05-2004 at 11:25 AM.
Catgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 07:36 PM   #39
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
I do know exactly what you are saying. It is not the clothes that Manson wears or the hats he wears that I do not like, they are very likeable, but it is just that, I grew up in a very strict Christian home, and that is probably why I don't exactly get the best 'vibe' from Manson.
yes, Manson's art and views etc are very similar to a range of great philosophers, would you get the same vibe from say Neitsche? or is it just how Manson portrays his ideas that bothers you?, so because Manson takes a "i cant believe in things that dont believe in me" attitude towards Christianity we automatically think that Manson is bad, would you agree that Christianity, although claiming to be, isnt the most accomodating religions to different people?
hmmm now this is something Sartre would be disgusted at you for your values should be yours regardless of your upbringing...
Quote:
Also, I have nothing against being creative or being yourself, but in my opinion I have seen some of his concerts and albums and to me, he does not come across as a very, well in my standards, a very 'good' or 'morally' correct person. He does not seem to have a 'positive image'.
sorry to be an absolute bastard about this but could you maybe give a few examples (im not trying to prove you wrong or anything i just wanna see where your coming from) of how Manson isnt 'good' or 'moral', back to your 'positive' image again i dont really know what you mean without specifics, what is it because he does drugs? or maybe just because he questions something that you consider unquestionable?
Quote:
but I do think that things that the media comes out with most likely are sometimes even a little bit of the truth, just twisted a lot.
like what, Manson kills animals, manson pulled out his girlfriends eye and ****ed her eye socket, manson cut off his toe so he could inject heroin into it, Mansons got a funny eye because his dad beat him when he was a child, and more seriously Manson encourages young people to go out and kill there fellow students... This is all bullshit and you wont findand truth in it, these twats cant even understand that Manson wears a contact lens (ohhh that explains how it changes color so much ) because it is not as terrible as if Manson had been beaten as a child... Most of the proper media who interview Manson or go see his concert themselves, your right, will tell the truth, but its not BAD things there saying, most of it is praise for an intelligent man and a gifted artist and entertainer..
Quote:
I do understand that it is the observers fault when they misconscrue art. But you also have to consider what the art is portraying!?!
ok this last bit makes it sound as if it is his ideas that you do not like, either way i dont think this is going anywhere but anyway
Old 04-07-2004, 01:13 PM   #40
Catgirl
Elven Warrior

I agree that this discussion is not going anywhere. But I just want to clerify that, I do not think Manson is a 'horrible' person, he is just someone I personaly don't really like. And that is just my view. He does have good aspects about him, but my opinion still stands. And I respect you for your opinion.

As you said..."would you agree that Christianity, although claiming to be, isnt the most accomodating religions to different people?" I do have to agree, most Christians or even just churches are not open to things or people that are different or oppose them. But, I am open to most new things, I just have my own peson al views about certain things or people that probably won't change.

Also, I do understand that Manson is an "intelligent man and a gifted artist and entertainer". But my views still hold strong.