Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-07-2003, 09:51 AM   #21
Baby-K
Corruptor

Technically he doesn't rock, he raps But I do like his stuff, Business is my favourite (from The Eminem Show) and as a laugh IThink My Dad's Gone Crazy........flippen funny
Old 05-07-2003, 04:21 PM   #22
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

"Technically" speaking, he doesn't do anything but talk over a artifical backing track. Of course, this can be applied to any glorified rapper.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 10:50 AM   #23
Catgirl
Elven Warrior

I do like Eminem because he can rap, not the fact that he has a LOT of problems. Actually, I found another rapper that sounds exactly like Eminem, but he has his heat screwed on about stuff. But I still like Eminem's songs "Loose Yourself" and 8 Mile.
Catgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 10:07 AM   #24
WallRocker
Elven Warrior

Baby - K, you took my line about rapping, not rocking Also, I think Eminem is a talented person, and his lyrics are probably pretty honest, but I totally disagree with almost everything he says. Anyone who talks about killing his wife with his kid watching him has got some serious problems. If you want somebody with Eminem's style but healthy lyrics, try KJ-52(one of those little-known rappers). And, Baby-K, he's got stuff that's a whole lot funnier then "I think my dad's gone crazy"

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><<>< <>< <>< <><

I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
And to the Republic for which it stands
One nation
UNDER GOD
with liberty and justice for all
WallRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 01:57 AM   #25
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Baby - K, you took my line about rapping, not rocking
Yeah, but you were taking so long to say it, i thought I'd do it for you

Quote:
If you want somebody with Eminem's style but healthy lyrics, try KJ-52(one of those little-known rappers)
If it's healthy it definitely can't be like Eminem.........he's a sick puppy, but I still enjoy his stuff

Quote:
And, Baby-K, he's got stuff that's a whole lot funnier then "I think my dad's gone crazy"
Yeah I know, I like the skits etc as well, but I just love the way Haylie goes "I think my dad's gone cwaaaaayyyyyzeee"
Old 05-12-2003, 02:07 AM   #26
Lady Tinuveil
Elven Warrior

~

Marshal Mathers latest work is not to my liking, I didn't like 8 mile or his most recent album, the eminem show. Has anyone heard of D12? The versus he sings on they're cd are alright.

- thats a good one...
Will the real slim shady please shut up...
Lady Tinuveil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 05:19 PM   #27
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
Re: ~

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Tinuveil

Will the real slim shady please shut up...
Amen!

I'm sorry but I think that 8 Mile, Crossroads, and that movie that guy from N*Sync came out with are all jokes. I mean, Jennifer Lopez/J Lo is a singer/actor/everything else that I can seriously respect. Because in Selena she came right on out and let everyone know that she can sing and act. But Emeniem (ya cant spell) I have no respect for whatsoever. He's sitting there getting attention because he's talking about impregnating a Spice Girl, and there are TONS of much more talented people sitting out there not getting any credit because they arent willing to go down to his level. *sigh* people today.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:35 AM   #28
WallRocker
Elven Warrior

What I meant, Baby-K, is that KJ-52's style is like Emeniem But if you like Emeniem because fo lyrics that's your choice, not mine

One nation
UNDER GOD
Old 05-15-2003, 08:46 AM   #29
Baby-K
Corruptor

I knew what ye meant - sheesh ye take long to answer eh? Guess rocking walls takes up a lot of one's energies
Old 05-15-2003, 05:26 PM   #30
WallRocker
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
I knew what ye meant - sheesh ye take long to answer eh? Guess rocking walls takes up a lot of one's energies
Yeah, That's about it

One nation
UNDER GOD
Old 05-22-2005, 10:16 PM   #31
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I am personally obligated to express myself here, because I just now found this thread re: Eminem and he's one of my favourite modern artists, so... Yes, Eminem DOES "rock", or whatever. I admire & appreciate Eminem for his bold, aggressive, strong, fearless character, for his insistence on not conforming or yielding to political-correctness, yet most of all for his originality, his ideas and his art; and yes, all you music snobs and elitists out there, rap IS a form of art. So was grunge, so was the dadaist movement, so was impressionism, and etc. In addition to all this and more, Eminem had the good sense to be born gorgeous.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 04:51 AM   #32
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I am personally obligated to express myself here, because I just now found this thread re: Eminem and he's one of my favourite modern artists, so... Yes, Eminem DOES "rock", or whatever. I admire & appreciate Eminem for his bold, aggressive, strong, fearless character, for his insistence on not conforming or yielding to political-correctness, yet most of all for his originality, his ideas and his art; and yes, all you music snobs and elitists out there, rap IS a form of art. So was grunge, so was the dadaist movement, so was impressionism, and etc. In addition to all this and more, Eminem had the good sense to be born gorgeous.
so do you just like him as a character or do you enjoy sitting down and listening to his music?... personally cant stand him or his music, i think if your going to have **** music your lyrics should make up for it, they dont... as for being gorgeous are you blind woman
if your interested im sure there was a few other eminem threads you could dig up...
Old 05-23-2005, 06:26 PM   #33
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Millane, yes to all the above except for am I "blind", which of course I'm not blind. I don't know what YOU look like, but my gut instinct tells me you most likely cannot hold a candle to Em. Few, in my opinion - let me stress, In My Opinion - few guys can. 'Course, I don't find many people attractive, per se; for instance, I think Mel Gibson looks like a skinned aging mouse on too much coffee, Orlando Bloom's youthful vacuity is plain boring, Viggo Mortensen-great actor who seems like great guy, but blah; the list can go on ad nauseum. Eminem's got an energy and a character-type matched with a look that truly intrigues me and turns me on. He's my type. I am not blind.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote