Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-21-2003, 07:14 PM   #21
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvedans
Its nearyly a year since this conversation ended but now it's going again I'd like to say that these are my fave songs:

Bohemian Rhapsody
A Kind of Magic
Slightly Mad
Killer Queen
Don't Stop Me now
We are the Champions
Innuendo
Oh God i'm gonna be here forever!
And your sister polayed the majority of them on my leg at dancing last week! LOL! Well my fave Queen song has to be No-one but you! Just take a look at my sig! Mx
Old 02-21-2003, 09:39 PM   #22
Millane
The Dude

Fat Bottom Girls is the best queen song of all time...
Old 02-22-2003, 07:39 AM   #23
Elvedans
Diamond Of The Night Sky

Quote:
Originally posted by Miranda
And your sister polayed the majority of them on my leg at dancing last week! LOL! Well my fave Queen song has to be No-one but you! Just take a look at my sig! Mx
That was fun! Try bouncing round the room and singning really loud out of tune to queen it is GREAT!!
Elvedans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 05:49 PM   #24
Miranda

Quote:
That was fun! Try bouncing round the room and singning really loud out of tune to queen it is GREAT!!
I do! Its called musical theatre on a wednesday with Martin!!! Mx
Old 02-25-2003, 04:58 PM   #25
Elvedans
Diamond Of The Night Sky

Good but the living room is even better! Might do it again some time soon...
Old 02-25-2003, 05:02 PM   #26
Miranda

Quote:
Good but the living room is even better! Might do it again some time soon...
Can I join you? With hair like mine I'm more than qualified for that wonderful middle bit of Bohemian rhapsody! Mx
Old 02-25-2003, 05:08 PM   #27
Elvedans
Diamond Of The Night Sky

No you wouldn't fit your hair in my living room. We'd suffocate!
Old 02-25-2003, 05:10 PM   #28
Miranda

Quote:
No you wouldn't fit your hair in my living room. We'd suffocate!
Cheeky! I have to say I'm falling in love with Who Wants to Live forever by Queen, its such a wonderful song- very Arwen-esque I thought, giving up her immortality for love! *shut up Miranda I hear you cry!*
Old 02-25-2003, 05:13 PM   #29
Elvedans
Diamond Of The Night Sky

I LOVE THAT SONG!!!!!
Old 02-26-2003, 11:18 AM   #30
Miranda

Quote:
I LOVE THAT SONG!!!!!
I had a feeling you might! I actually heard the WWRY version before I heard the queen version but I like the original the better. Freddie Mercury was such an amazing man- as were all the other members of the band. Sometimes I listen to his music and I actually have to remind myself that he's been dead what 10 years now? Mx
Old 02-26-2003, 06:01 PM   #31
Elvedans
Diamond Of The Night Sky

I loved all the queen songs WAY before WWRY. I think Freddie Mercury was absolutely AMAZING!!! I love Brian May too, and it was great when he did the national anthem from the roof of buckingham palace - i was like WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a kinda magic,
Its a kinda magic,
One dream, one soul,
One prize, one goal,
One golden glance of what should be...

Last edited by Elvedans : 06-20-2003 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:04 PM   #32
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*sound bump*

For Nerdy to tell us all how it went last friday.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:31 PM   #33
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Okay, here it comes.. Thanks for the bump, Eärniel!

For all those who couldn't care less about the Queen concert I was to this weekend: you can stop reading now. I won't mind.^^

We went by the night boat on Friday, heading for Stockholm, the capital city of Sweden. It was me, a girl from my biology lectures and three of her friends. I had never met them before, but they were nice and we had a good time. We didn't sleep very much that night.. Just got crazy and danced 'til about 3am - and most of us hadn't been drinking. They played some old songs,
so we got sentimental, standing on the middle of the dancefloor singing out loud. My throat was sore the next morning. ^^
We also had to go up on stage in the nightclub, when the participants of some kind of latinoshow came to get us. It was rather amusing actually, to stand there and have no idea what you were supposed to do. *laughs*

Well, on Saturday we arrived in Stockholm about 9am. We first went to the hostel we had booked to check in, but we found out it was far too early for that.. So we left out bags there and went for the city. I've been there several times before, but there is something about Stockholm that can't be found in Helsinki.. Well, we did that for about five hours: after that we could check in. So we did, then went to an Italian restaurant and ate some great food.. Then it was time to make it to the concert. It was a lot easier than we thought, so arrived there in time, took a place in the line and got ourselves some earplugs.

So we got in, and I had to leave my bottle of water outside.. I'm not exactly sure what they expected me to do with it, hit someone with a plastic bottle isn't very dangerous, and i couldn't have drowned anyone with that amount of water.. Well, it would've been nice to have water during the concert, but i survived.^^

First of all, I went to buy a Queen T-shirt and a couple of these (i don't know the real name) pieces of fabric to sew onto a bag or something - one for me and one for my friend who couldn't come with us.
We got some really good places close to the stage, we waited for some time and suddenly all we heard was some song by eminem.. We were quite confused, but after a while the music only got better and as the curtains dropped, Paul Rodgers appeared at the front of the stage - i think he came from under the stage, 'cos he certainly didn't walk there! O.o Well, I won't tell you about all the songs they sang, but the performance was great and Paul Rodgers surprised me - he's a real good singer. It was great seing Brian May and Roger Taylor live, I was amazed how energetic they still were! They both had their own solos, absolutely stunning.

For a long time I had wondered what they'd do about Bohemian Rhapsody - I mean no one can sing it right except Freddy! But they made a great decision - they had a big screen where the song started with Freddy plating the piano and singing.. After a while May and Taylor joined him. Queen was almost back together.. Amazing. Rodgers joined them in the end of the song.

I was singing along to every song, even those few i didn't know.. Poor guys in front of me. The concert ended far too soon, but it left me feeling so good, still feeling like there was something missing.. Freddy. But it was an amazing experience, i'm so glad i decided to go.

After the concert we went back to the hostel, straight to bed, woke up 6 hours later and went to the boat that took us back to Finland..

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Nerdanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:33 PM   #34
Nerdanel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
*sound bump*

For Nerdy to tell us all how it went last friday.
Okay, here it comes.. And thanks for the bump, Eärniel!

For all those who couldn't care less about the Queen concert I was to this weekend: you can stop reading now. I won't mind.^^

We went by the night boat on Friday, heading for Stockholm, the capital city of Sweden. It was me, a girl from my biology lectures and three of her friends. I had never met them before, but they were nice and we had a good time. We didn't sleep very much that night.. Just got crazy and danced 'til about 3am - and most of us hadn't been drinking. They played some old songs,
so we got sentimental, standing on the middle of the dancefloor singing out loud. My throat was sore the next morning. ^^
We also had to go up on stage in the nightclub, when the participants of some kind of latinoshow came to get us. It was rather amusing actually, to stand there and have no idea what you were supposed to do. *laughs*

Well, on Saturday we arrived in Stockholm about 9am. We first went to the hostel we had booked to check in, but we found out it was far too early for that.. So we left out bags there and went for the city. I've been there several times before, but there is something about Stockholm that can't be found in Helsinki.. Well, we did that for about five hours: after that we could check in. So we did, then went to an Italian restaurant and ate some great food.. Then it was time to make it to the concert. It was a lot easier than we thought, so arrived there in time, took a place in the line and got ourselves some earplugs.

So we got in, and I had to leave my bottle of water outside.. I'm not exactly sure what they expected me to do with it, hit someone with a plastic bottle isn't very dangerous, and i couldn't have drowned anyone with that amount of water.. Well, it would've been nice to have water during the concert, but i survived.^^

First of all, I went to buy a Queen T-shirt and a couple of these (i don't know the real name) pieces of fabric to sew onto a bag or something - one for me and one for my friend who couldn't come with us.
We got some really good places close to the stage, we waited for some time and suddenly all we heard was some song by eminem.. We were quite confused, but after a while the music only got better and as the curtains dropped, Paul Rodgers appeared at the front of the stage - i think he came from under the stage, 'cos he certainly didn't walk there! O.o Well, I won't tell you about all the songs they sang, but the performance was great and Paul Rodgers surprised me - he's a real good singer. It was great seing Brian May and Roger Taylor live, I was amazed how energetic they still were! They both had their own solos, absolutely stunning.

For a long time I had wondered what they'd do about Bohemian Rhapsody - I mean no one can sing it right except Freddy! But they made a great decision - they had a big screen where the song started with Freddy plating the piano and singing.. After a while May and Taylor joined him. Queen was almost back together.. Amazing. Rodgers joined them in the end of the song.

I was singing along to every song, even those few i didn't know.. Poor guys in front of me. The concert ended far too soon, but it left me feeling so good, still feeling like there was something missing.. Freddy. But it was an amazing experience, i'm so glad i decided to go.

After the concert we went back to the hostel, straight to bed, woke up 6 hours later and went to the boat that took us back to Finland..

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 05-21-2005, 03:32 PM   #35
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

queen are great and squeeze are excellent

jools holland is so cool
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 03:58 PM   #36
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I love it when people bump old threads; I can never find good ones by myself-
Nerdanel, that concert sounded really fun - I'm curious about the Eminem song you mentioned, I'm a huge, huge Eminem fan and just wondering, do you remember what song it was, and why it preceeded the Queen show?

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 04:30 PM   #37
Nerdanel

i have to admit that i don't remember anymore..>.< i know the song, but i can't recall which one it was now. if i remember, i'll tell you though! but don't ask me why they played it..O.o

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 05-21-2005, 04:54 PM   #38
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda
Cheeky! I have to say I'm falling in love with Who Wants to Live forever by Queen, its such a wonderful song- very Arwen-esque I thought, giving up her immortality for love! *shut up Miranda I hear you cry!*
Add me to the Who Wants To Live Forever-lover list.