Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-10-1999, 11:38 PM   #21
anduin

Yes, that does make it easier!!! :P

Yippeeee!!! I'm not stumped after all!! The language was Deutsch (German), and the songs were: Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand (I Wanna Hold Your Hand) and Sie Liebt Dich (She Loves You) So, do you know who is Sexie Sadie?
Old 12-12-1999, 07:05 PM   #22
anduin

Sexie Sadie....anyone?

Come on guys....Tater, TOR, Ryan....do you give or what? :P
Old 12-14-1999, 12:41 AM   #23
Darth Tater

Re: Sexie Sadie....anyone?

This'll sound really stupid if it's wrong, but was it the Maharishi? An easy one: Who's on the Sgt. Pepper's cover the most, and how many times are they on it?
Old 12-14-1999, 04:14 AM   #24
anduin

Tater, got it right!!! Way to go!! :D

The Beatles are on the cover three times: twice on the front and once on the back. This one is a little hard...... Who is Prudence, from the song, Dear Prudence? BTW, how much do you know about, Paul is dead?
Old 12-16-1999, 11:56 PM   #25
Darth Tater

I never thought I'd be right, but I thought is was

Actually anduin, you're wrong! Look again, there's someone on it more than that, believe it or not.
Old 12-17-1999, 03:36 AM   #26
anduin

Re: I never thought I'd be right, but I thought is was

*anduin pulls out her Sgt. P CD and studies the cover* Shirley Temple? Do you give on Prudence?
Old 12-18-1999, 12:44 AM   #27
Darth Tater

Re: I never thought I'd be right, but I thought is was

I'm thinking, I'm thinking! Yes, it's Shirley Temple, but the hard part is how many times. Let's see, Paul is dead is the backwards talk in Strawberry fields. There was a lot of hype about the Magical Mystery Tour. Supposedly if you looked at the album cover in a mirror there was a phone number you could call and the Tour would come to your house and pick you up. Also, if you looked at the cover a certain way Paul appeared to be bleading. It was a big hype thing, his supposed death.
Old 12-19-1999, 04:35 PM   #28
anduin

Not bad....but there's more......

On the cover of Abbey Road, is a funeral procession: Ringo is leading across the street, dressed in a dark suit, he is the funeral director. Then comes John, dressed all in white, he is an angel, leading Paul, barefoot and out of step with the others, carrying a cancer stick (cig) in his right hand...he is left handed. Finally George is seen clad in denim, the clothes of a grave digger. The Volkswagon Bug seen to the left has a licence plate that says "28IF"....meaning Paul would have been 28 if he was still alive when the pic was taken. The Sgt. Pepper cover shows what appears to be a grave, with at least Paul and Ringo (wax figures) looking sadly at the grave. On the inside (of album, not CD) it shows Paul with knees drawn up, ankles crossed, which is supposedly the Hindu way of being buried. Also there is a patch on his left sleeve that says O.P.D.....Offically Pronounced Dead. On the back of the album, Paul is the only one with his backed turned. The song A Day in the Life tells of how Paul died.... He blew his mind out in a car He hadn't noticed that the lights had changed A crowd of people stood and stared They'd seen his face before Nobody was really sure If he was from the House of Lords The last line makes sense if you remember that the Beatles had recently received their MBEs declaring them (Members of the British Empire). BTW, at the end of Strawberry Fields you can here "I buried Paul" in the left speaker as you are looking at a stereo. As for backwards talk....I believe the actual phrase is "Turn me on dead man". The man actually responsible for the rumor was a DJ from Detroit named Murry the K. He was the first to piece the clues together and declare Paul dead, but replaced with a look-a-like. Some of this may be off a little...it has been years since I studied any of this. I can only find Shirley Temple on the Sgt. P cover 3 times....... BTW, Prudence is Mia Farrow's sister....she was also with the Beatles, among others, in India to visit the Marharishi. Here's an easy one: Who was the only Beatle to be married only once?
Old 12-20-1999, 05:51 PM   #29
BGMunkey

Beatleness

Which Beatle appeared in the Frank Zappa movie "200 Motels"?
Old 12-20-1999, 06:00 PM   #30
Eruve

Re: Beatleness

The Beatle to be married only once was Paul, althougth that could change now that Linda's passed on... Here's an easy one. Who's Julia (from the song of the same name)? BTW, I alway thought that the last guy in the Abbey Road procession was just some unknown passerby who just happened to cross the street when the picture was shot.
Old 12-21-1999, 03:39 AM   #31
anduin

BG Monkey, did you really think you could stump me with that one? :P Ringo Starr had a role in 200 Motels. BTW, welcome to Entmoot Welcome also, Eruve! Julia was John and Julia's (John's half sister) mother. Julia was killed when she was ran over by a bus. About the last guy in the Abbey Road procession, it is definitely George Harrison. How did the Beatles find America? This sounds like a trick question, but if you have ever seen any old footage of when the Beatles first came to American, you should know the answer.
Old 12-22-1999, 02:09 AM   #32
BGMunkey

By taking a left at Greenland....
Old 12-22-1999, 05:42 AM   #33
anduin

BG Monkey is correct!! :D

Monk, why don't you ask another question? In the meantime, naw on this one.... What were the names of the two venues that the Beatles played at in Hamburg?
Old 12-28-1999, 06:51 PM   #34
Darth Tater

Re: Beatles Trivia

The Indra and the Kaiserkeller officially, the Top Ten as a breach of contract. And anduin says they performed at the Star Club. That's four, not two.
Old 12-28-1999, 07:13 PM   #35
Darth Tater

Here's my question. What three songs, other than songs on Yellow Submarine, are instrumentals?
Old 12-28-1999, 07:41 PM   #36
anduin

I am stumped *hangs head in shame* I need a hint.....
Old 12-28-1999, 07:41 PM   #37
Darth Tater

Anduin says I stumped her (can you believe it?) so here's a clue. One of them is on Magical Mystery Tour.
Old 12-28-1999, 07:49 PM   #38
anduin

The three are: Flying, Cry For A Shadow, and 12-Bar Original. Maybe I wasn't stumped after all
Old 12-29-1999, 12:27 AM   #39
anduin

Tater was right...there were four places the Beatles played in Hamburg, not just two.... Here's is another easy one.... Who did Paul write Hey Jude about?
Old 12-29-1999, 12:35 AM   #40
Eruve

Finally one I know! Julian Lennon.