Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-01-2003, 04:03 PM   #21
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

There's another thread on this called "do your friends think that your a looser?" It isn't exsacly the same, but close enoph to just post there.

To answer your question, there is no one else in 7th grade at my school who likes Tolkien's work as much as I do. I wish that there were, because then I could have a good friend to talk to. Ther is and 8th grader, but being in diffrent grades, we don't talk that much, just online every ones in a while. There is another person that was in class with me last year, who posted here for a while, but is having problems getting back on (entss89), but even she dosn't like it as much as me, it seems. There is comfert however when I get on the moot, and remember that I am not the only one is obsessed with Tolkien, and that some people like it more then me. When I first started to obsess over it, I thought that there was posably 100 other people that liked it enoph to see it over 5 times in the theater, and to read the book over and over agian. That was before I started to almost all of my computer time on Entmoot, and before I found a few other sights. In those days, the most active message board I could find was one that before me, the last post was posted 3 months earler. Then I found a few good message boards, but ones I found the 'moot, I new that I had found real fans that would rather read the book then wach the movie.

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 08:49 PM   #22
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
I'm 14, and I read the books when I was 13 I think there are alot of people our age that have read the books
Old 01-02-2003, 03:25 PM   #23
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Firekitten2006
I'm 14, and I read the books when I was 13 I think there are alot of people our age that have read the books
There seems to be lots of people, but that is just because where here with other obsessed fans, if we were somewhere else asking then you would probally change your mind. However, compared to other books, you are right, it just seems that everyone is spred out some, when I saw the movie on opening night, I was suprised to see lots of dressed up people ect., but there still dosn't seem like there are enoph of them to make me "populer" because I like it.

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 03:46 PM   #24
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

I have I don't remember how many friends at school but the problem is that I don't get to see them much anymore eventhough we are on the same campus, because I am in 7th grade and they are in fourth and below. I also have a friend who goes to another school who is a Tolkien freak like me and the group from school. The group at school that I am in has a game that we play which is a mix of Yu-Gi-Oh, Spiderman, some other stuff, and LOTR. It is pretty cool if you can immagine Frodo having a sis who can travel from dimension to dimension and finally brings the whole Fellowship into a dimension where the Ultimate Dragon is real, can talk and turn into a human, and Spiderman and Yugi help us.LOTR ROX, MOVIE OR BOOK!
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote