Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-09-2006, 07:07 AM   #21
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Hm the black spider-man suit... This will be interesting, I always thought it was very spiffy.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:36 PM   #22
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Hm the black spider-man suit... This will be interesting, I always thought it was very spiffy.
Yeah me too. He went through quit a lot of suit changes and the black one was always my favorite. The wait for this movie is going to end up killing me.

Do you guys think Spidey made a mistake letting all those people on the train see his face? What about Doc Oc too? I mean, what if he didn't decide not to do what he did?(trying not to give away the movie for those who havn't seen it) Sure the people on the train said they wouldn't say anything but they are only human. Who wouldn't want to brag to their friends they know who Spidey really is? Or, if they ran in to Peter on the street and were like " Hey, I know you. Your Spider-man." IMO, it was a bad move on Spidey's part.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:03 AM   #23
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farimir Captain of Gondor
Yeah me too. He went through quit a lot of suit changes and the black one was always my favorite. The wait for this movie is going to end up killing me.

Do you guys think Spidey made a mistake letting all those people on the train see his face? What about Doc Oc too? I mean, what if he didn't decide not to do what he did?(trying not to give away the movie for those who havn't seen it) Sure the people on the train said they wouldn't say anything but they are only human. Who wouldn't want to brag to their friends they know who Spidey really is? Or, if they ran in to Peter on the street and were like " Hey, I know you. Your Spider-man." IMO, it was a bad move on Spidey's part.
On the train, his mask got burnt (although, later, it doesn't look like it). Plus, it's New York City. What are the chances of running into Pete?They might not even recognize him without his Spidey-suit. As for Doc Oc, I think Spidey was desparate.

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:45 AM   #24
Spaceman Spiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriadoc Brandybuck
On the train, his mask got burnt (although, later, it doesn't look like it). Plus, it's New York City. What are the chances of running into Pete?They might not even recognize him without his Spidey-suit. As for Doc Oc, I think Spidey was desparate.
The chances may be slim but there were quit a bit of people that saw him. Plus, you don't forget someones face when a tramatic event happens, especially when that person is the one who saved your life . Even without the suit on they would definetely recognize his face. He was desperate with Doc Oc but the doc could have used the newly dicovered info against Spidey at a later date. With all that said: Spidey is still the man.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:51 AM   #25
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
The chances may be slim but there were quit a bit of people that saw him. Plus, you don't forget someones face when a tramatic event happens, especially when that person is the one who saved your life
But poor Spidey would have burnt his face if he kept his mask on. Anyway, if they saw him, he might recognize them first because of his Spidey-vision(don't ask), and he might turn away so they don't see his face. Hopefully, if they saw him, they would keep their promise.
Quote:
With all that said: Spidey is still the man.
Definetly.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth

Last edited by Thain Peregrin Took I : 03-10-2006 at 12:53 AM.
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:05 AM   #26
Spaceman Spiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thain Peregrin Took I
But poor Spidey would have burnt his face if he kept his mask on. Anyway, if they saw him, he might recognize them first because of his Spidey-vision(don't ask), and he might turn away so they don't see his face. Hopefully, if they saw him, they would keep their promise.

His Spidey sense lets him know of danger not if he knows the person.
Yeah hopefully they would keep their promise but what if they were low on money and rent was due and someone was offering, say, $100,000 to anyone who knew the true idenitity of Spider-man? You don't think one of those people wouldn't be tempted to take it? With the mask thing, he could have taken it off and sort of brushed the burning machine part off of it and then put it back on. True he didn't have alot of time to make a decision but his Spidey sense slows time down.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:08 AM   #27
Earniel

Quote:
A lot of changes? Hm, I remember only the regular suit, the black one and the modern one, but the last one was worn by his 'cousin' Ben and Peter kept his regular one.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:30 AM   #28
Spaceman Spiff

Quote:
A lot of changes? Hm, I remember only the regular suit, the black one and the modern one, but the last one was worn by his 'cousin' Ben and Peter kept his regular one.

I could've sworn he had a blueish one at some point and then one that had him in a cape. I maybe wrong though. That or I shouldn't have used " a lot" .

Edit= I found a site with some of his costumes:

http://www.spidey-net.com/main/costumes/costumes.shtml

Though some I don't ever remember him wearing. Like the nija spidey ? Or the Fantastic 4 Spidey? May be those were just drawn by fans.

Last edited by Farimir Captain of Gondor : 03-10-2006 at 09:03 AM.
Farimir Captain of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:03 PM   #29
Earniel

No, they're not by fans, definitely strait from the real comics. I remember most of them, not all, but most. The Ninja spidey was worn only one time I think, when he had a night of fighting and much of suit, including the mask was wrecked and he used web to patch it up. He was after a schizo killer lady in that comic, I believe.

God, I can pinpoint almost all of those suits in my comics, I must be such a geek. Especially since that makes me rather proud. Heehee.

Most of the suits were only worn once or twice, though. Which probably explains why they're not very familiar.

The 'insulated suit' he made specifically to counter Electro in one fight. The one with the metalic arm and the eyepatch he got after fighting with a cyborg from SHIELD and they patched him up afterwards, for one comic, a special issue IIRC. etc....
Old 03-10-2006, 07:09 PM   #30
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

None of the suits were drawn by fans, all of them can be found in the comic books. Many of the suits at the site you posted are suits that Spidey only wore once. Some of them were only used in so-called "What if..." stories - stories that never really happened - so he never really wore them. A few of the suits are those of potential future Spider-men.

I believe he borrowed the Fantastic Four suit immediately after he'd gotten rid of his black costume. He couldn't swing home in the nude, could he?
Quote:
God, I can pinpoint almost all of those suits in my comics, I must be such a geek. Especially since that makes me rather proud. Heehee.
*Phew*. I was thinking the same thing myself. Thank God I'm not alone
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.

Last edited by Jonathan : 03-10-2006 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Cross-post with Eärniel!
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 12:31 AM   #31
Spaceman Spiff

Thanks for all the info Earniel and Jonathan. Sadly most of my Spidey knowledge come from the cartoons. I did read some of the comics as a kid but have since forgotten most of them.

Quote:
God, I can pinpoint almost all of those suits in my comics, I must be such a geek. Especially since that makes me rather proud. Heehee
That is something to be proud of.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:18 PM   #32
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriadoc Brandybuck
Oooo!

I can't wait until May 14, 2007. I can't wait until May 14, 2007. I can't wait until May 14, 2007. I can't wait until May 14, 2007. I can't...
actually it's May 4
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 06:33 PM   #33
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.banner
actually it's May 4
Really? That means 10 days less that we have to wait! Yay!

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Old 03-24-2006, 04:15 PM   #34
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
What about Doc Oc too? I mean, what if he didn't decide not to do what he did?(trying not to give away the movie for those who havn't seen it)
Maybe he thought that Doc Oc might listen to him if he saw him as Peter Parker, rather than Spider-Man, the person who 'ruined' his first experiment.
I've been wondering what Peter does with his clothes when he takes them off to become Spider-Man. Does him put them in a web or something so no one will take then so he can come back for them later? And does he have to wear shoes that are a little to big for him so he can wear his boots underneath? What does he do in the summer if it gets hot? Can he never wear shorts and T-shirts? Or does he have a 'summer version' of his suit?

Old 03-25-2006, 02:42 PM   #35
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
i just found out they will be filming in Cleveland ohio and my brother in law work's there!
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 03-25-2006, 08:15 PM   #36
Spaceman Spiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.banner
i just found out they will be filming in Cleveland ohio and my brother in law work's there!
Do you have any info on when this is happening? I live in southeast Ohio and I will make the long journey to Cleveland to see this.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:14 PM   #37
b.banner
Elf Lord

in april they are searching for extras now

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 04-13-2006, 10:59 PM   #38
Spaceman Spiff

His Spidey Sense is a little off.

http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_1502.gif
Old 04-27-2006, 12:40 AM   #39
Sam
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR
have you heard who the villain for 3 is going to be?
It's going to be VENOM!!! And he will be played by none other than Topher Grace, thats right, Eric from that 70's show
Old 04-27-2006, 12:55 AM   #40
Whispering Willow
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
I believe he borrowed the Fantastic Four suit immediately after he'd gotten rid of his black costume. He couldn't swing home in the nude, could he?
Of course he could. And I would want to be there with a camera.

A big YAY for it being Venom this time. Can't have a Spidey trilogy without Venom, you just can't.
Whispering Willow is offline   Reply With Quote