Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-28-2003, 12:33 PM   #21
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
I do believe that there are some things in this world that definitely can be considered as magick, both natural, and unnatural. I think that the human body needs a type of release from the monotony of day to day life...it's called imagination and it's a God given gift. But there is other magick that is NOT God given and shouldn't really be messed with by humans who have no idea what it is and what they're doing. That includes trying to read the future. It's like reading ahead in a book. You're not concerned with the middle and what's happening THEN and NOW you're concerned with whats GOING to happen and that isn't healthy.
But I do believe in legends. Dragons, faeries, trolls, and all those other creatures that appear in ancient stories. There is always truth to a legend because history and archeological digs support them, like the Firbolgs. Firbolgs were the original creators of the faery mound and the faery raids because they would build hills and barrows for their leaders, but when their conquerers(the original Britons and Picts) overcame them the stories about faery mounds became truth because the Firbolgs would occasinally capture children and just dissapear, so the mounds became faery dwellings. And then there are dragons and unicorns. Anybody who says they dont or didn't exsist is crazy...even though the animals might've been dinosaurs and rhinocerouses.
Cheers,
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 01:52 PM   #22
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Spock
both "ic" and "ik" are correct if one goes back in literature as is "wicca" corrupted at one time as "witch".
....oh and yep, it's real.
Other way around actually .......wicca is the modern term for witch.

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 02:58 PM   #23
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

True, wicca is the Politically correct term.

Hey, does anybody want to know where the legend of witches riding on brooms comes from? Great, let me tell you.

It actually comes from a wiccan (or similar) ritual of fertility. Appearently this ritual involved a large number of witches (male or female) placing brooms between their legs and prancing around in a circle.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:41 PM   #24
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Wayfarer
Hey, does anybody want to know where the legend of witches riding on brooms comes from? Great, let me tell you.

It actually comes from a wiccan (or similar) ritual of fertility. Appearently this ritual involved a large number of witches (male or female) placing brooms between their legs and prancing around in a circle.
Yup it was used as a phallic symbol.......certainly a *ahem* "passionate" people those witches.

The May-Pole (huge erected pole, with obvious phallic symbolism, which children dance around on May-Day) also derives it's origins from witchcraft........I wonder if those parents know that their children are participating in a Goddess-worshipping practice/ceremony

Beatallica
Old 01-28-2003, 10:07 PM   #25
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

WOW

Wow i really was expecteding so many replies! I'm quite quite suprised! Well i'm sorry to say but as i say and many many many many other its magick with a k without the k it's just stage magic which we all know isn't real. Magick is something diferent. Theres all sorts of MagicK there's white, grey and black. And then there are unknown ones or as i would say ones that not many ppl know of. K maybe i should explain on the "men in black" thing. see what happened was, well my dad is a manger of a theatre just so this makes more sense. I was at work with my dad and then we left and there was only 1 other worker there he ran out without the keys, Slam! Doors shut and he needs to get back in! so he stops my dad after he tried wiggling the doors wouldn't budge cause they were locked oviously. And so my dad stops and these guys come out of no where were black suits with black hats with black sunglasses, they went to a set of the doors that were locked one of them pulled and BAM! the doors opened! My dad yelled at the worker to go stop the guys! the doors shut before he got there they were locked again! so my dad jumps out grabs the extra set of keys and unlocks it for him and he comes back. I was sitting in the car the whole time just watching. The next day i asked my dad what happened and he's like what are you talking about? And that same day i went to theatre again with him and the worker was there so i got gutsy and asked him. and he said no, no men in black here, i didn't even tell him that they were in black! Somethings messed up! and i never saw them again never. I mean they looked goverment like, Now you explain that! And i agree with you that looking into the future is not right at all. I think its no fun theres no suprise to life then! And i myself don't believe in tarot reading but hey thats me. Well i love all your guys opinions and would love to discuss more. I myself also believe in fairies it can also be spelled fairys, leprechauns, pixies, trolls, elfs or elves you know ur choice and so on.
Jack: "Monkey!"
"It's captain Jack Sparrow, captain..."
"If you were waiting for the opportune moment that was it."
Red coat, "Impersonating a judge."
Jack: (Oh, ya that was fun look on his face)
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"Yes...but why is the rum gone?!"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
elvishfaerie3088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 10:12 PM   #26
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Spelled fearies .........for a reason.

Iron works well against them.

Beatallica
Old 01-28-2003, 10:15 PM   #27
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Dictionary.com:

Magic:

1. The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural.
a. The practice of using charms, spells, or rituals to attempt to produce supernatural effects or control events in nature.
b. The charms, spells, and rituals so used.
3. The exercise of sleight of hand or conjuring for entertainment.
4. A mysterious quality of enchantment: “For me the names of those men breathed the magic of the past” (Max Beerbohm).

Performed by, or proceeding from, occult and superhuman agencies; done by, or seemingly done by, enchantment or sorcery. Hence: Seemingly requiring more than human power; imposing or startling in performance; producing effects which seem supernatural or very extraordinary; having extraordinary properties; as, a magic lantern; a magic square or circle.

Only by one of the defs. of Magic does it mean stage magic; by one, it can mean it.

'Illusion' more means stage magic than 'magic'.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 10:18 PM   #28
Gwaimir Windgem

And actually, I'm pretty sure that elfs is incorrect. At least, according to the Microsoft Works Word Processors spell-checking, it is.

According to previous site, the plural forms are just fairies and elves.

My preferred spelling of fairy would be either faerie or faery, probably the latter.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 01-28-2003, 10:21 PM   #29
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

Hahaha, you don't like my deffintion! Fine your choice i just believe Magick sounds better plus its easier to tell which is which for me. Believe what you wish, but to me Magick sounds older too.
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
Old 01-28-2003, 10:24 PM   #30
Gwaimir Windgem

Yeah, I'm pretty sure magick is an older spelling. But they don't really sound different. And I think that magick is used mostly as an occultic spelling these days. Much bigger diff between magic and illusion than between magic and magick.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 01-28-2003, 11:37 PM   #31
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

LoL i'm glad we finally agree on something! Yeah i thought elfs sounded funny but SOMEBODY!!! told me that, stupid so called friend trying to make a mockery of me! anyhow lol who here actualy believes in magick and does anyone practise it?
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
Old 02-03-2003, 08:49 PM   #32
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

magick and magic- believe in it- don't practice it, but my twin does... a little anyways

ufo's- you know it! yes I believe in aliens and ufo's! This summer I went to Roswell NM and area 51 (someone has area 51 down under location in there little left hand info. thing) I have never seen an alien, but it wouldn't be logical for only our planet to support intelligent life forms when there are billions of other planets out there.

men in black- great movie, my beliefe stops there

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 09:01 PM   #33
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn
The Elven Queen Of All Pyros

Location: Im like a little bug stuck in the lamp...never going anywhere
yes i beleive in magick....are you a wiccan 2? and i do beleive that there is other life in this world

Procrastinators Unite!!!.....tomorrrow....

Kids in backseats cause accidents...accidents in backseats cause kids

As long as there are tests..there will be prayers in school
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 09:05 PM   #34
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn
yes i beleive in magick....are you a wiccan 2? and i do beleive that there is other life in this world
in this world obviously... I think you meant universe... or space-time continum

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 09:17 PM   #35
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

i believe in magic..... i just wish i could do it myself!
Old 02-03-2003, 09:28 PM   #36
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn

yes...i ment universe
might i just state that magic and magick are 2 diffrent things, and not just spelling

Old 02-03-2003, 10:04 PM   #37
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

even gandalf knew that there were other powers in the world besides the ones we see.

of course something else exists besides the visual world. we would be fools to think that we know everything and that nothing else can be learned.

Quote:
Men In Black was just a movie.are you sure you didn't jsut see some Johovah Wittnesses?
haha

and yes, magic and majik(magik) are two different things.

i have done a little for my part, (just did a spell saterday night)
but it's mostly gypsy stuff. like an onion with a pin in it under your pillow will make you dream of your soulmate. (i haven't tried that one) some of the other stuff i've done is on a bigger scale.

my friend josh is into the black type, and my friend annie is more of a grey type. both share a book of shadows. ive helped them do a few things before, but it's not something i really want to tamper in.

the creepiest moment that we had was when we were trying to trap a creature in a quartz crystal. (this is when i had first heard of it) i was sitting there to watch, and ened up going along with it. well at the end of it, the clear crystal had turned brownish blackey. yea, that was certainly interesting.

what about astral projection?

anyways.. the type of majiks that im into involve more earthy DIY things.
Old 02-03-2003, 10:15 PM   #38
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
hmmmm could someone please either post, pm or email me about what the heck majik/magik is?
Old 02-03-2003, 10:33 PM   #39
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

When I saw the title of this thread Cher was the first thing to come to mind...

Quote:
Although if somebody could prove to me that unexplanatory things exist, I would be quite pleased.
me too!!! I wish/hope there is something else, but as I've never had any sort of experience that makes me think there is I'll just wait and see...

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:35 PM   #40
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn

magic is like magician stuff

and magick is things that wiccans have, or just occur with the g-ddes and g-d, or naturally