Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-14-2003, 06:38 PM   #21
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

I now hear Tekken has gone to GameBoy Advance. I can't spell how I want to express my anger.
Old 06-15-2003, 12:57 PM   #22
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
I now hear Tekken has gone to GameBoy Advance. I can't spell how I want to express my anger.
It is TERRIBLE on GBA. The only reason Namco did it was they wanted to create a filler game to waste time until T5 or possibly TTT2.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 07:50 PM   #23
gdl96
the greg the admin

What makes you so angry about tekken on GBA? It's not like they stopped making it on PS2.
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 08:26 PM   #24
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Silly little bastard is scared that Nintendo will take over the world.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 08:39 PM   #25
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Don't worry though.... all nintendo has control over is the handheld market and we got coming out in the near future:

Nokia N-Gage
Tapwave Helix
Sony PSP

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 10:54 PM   #26
gdl96
the greg the admin

I wouldn't worry about Nokia NGage as a direct competetor of GBA...the $300 price tag plus the monthly service for the cell phone part are ridiculous compared to the $100 GBA SP and the even cheaper regular GBA.

Tapwave Helix?

Sony PSP: this won't be out for a while. And while it does look interesting, you must be skeptical. How would you get the battery power for the mini dvd drive into a portable gaming device? Also, I'm positive Nintendo has been working on a GBA successor for a few years now, and has something up their sleeves to compete with this.

[EDIT]
I found some info on the Helix:
"The device will be based on Palm OS and will run Palm OS software including the calendar and datebook in addition the device will include a mp3 player, video player and photo viewer. TapWave is also a member of the Bluetooth SIG and could possible use the technology for wireless multiplayer games. "

Once again, something like this would cost more $$$ and would not be able to directly compete with the GBA.
Old 06-15-2003, 11:13 PM   #27
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheeana
Silly little bastard is scared that Nintendo will take over the world.
Not that they will, but that they're trying. They're bad people now, Nintendo. I don't want them to have my money.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:15 AM   #28
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

You think that Sony are better?
Old 06-16-2003, 08:48 AM   #29
gdl96
the greg the admin

They're bad people now? Damn. I knew my copy of Super Mario Sunshine was trying to corrupt me!
Old 07-11-2003, 10:22 PM   #30
The Ben
Really Smelly Orc

Re: PlayStation----> Nintendo

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
I don't know all the exact details about this matter, but did any other gamers happen to notice how all PlayStation companies are moving to Nintendo? And last year, my friend pointed out to that PS2 and its accessories nearly quadrupled (sp) sales of GameCube and its stuff. Then why is it being abandoned? Nintendo is just screwing it. Does anyone else suspect a little 'foul play?'
No, in fact i don't.

And besides, PS2 has been around for about 10 times longer than gamecube and gamecube has beter games and stuff.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:23 PM   #31
The Ben
Really Smelly Orc

Quote:
Originally posted by gdl96
They're bad people now? Damn. I knew my copy of Super Mario Sunshine was trying to corrupt me!

Currupt you? NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! we lost another one!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2003, 09:19 PM   #32
stupid_fat_hobbit
Sapling

I would just like to say that I own a Gamecube. And will only ever support Nintendo.

The Gamecube controler is the best. It's extreaml comfortable and the + pad and the C stick are actually easiably excesible. I don't play many fighting game though so don't know what's it like for that

PS2 has by far the worst controler. I can't stand haveing the two l and r buttons they feel so out of place. This controler is soooo uncomfortable it was ok for psx but now it's just to old.

X-Box is ok but its kinda heavy. My only real problem with it is the black and white buttons are soooo out of place on both controlers(original and type-s).
Old 10-01-2003, 06:38 PM   #33
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

I have always been a big fan of Nintendo, and always will be. They, unlike Sony or X-box, do not rely on "special features" like crap-quality DVD players. The 'Cube has a variety of great games, like The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and the harder version of Ocarina of Time, Master Quest (as you can see, I'm a Zelda fanatic). The Cube's controller is small and comfortable. The buttons are in good positions, and since I'm not a big fan of fighting games, I think it's perfect. The graphics are excellent. I mean, have you SEEN Soul Calibur II, F-Zero GX, or The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers? (just to name a few) I have always hated Sony (*cough*crappy excuse for a console*cough*) and X-box (die, Gates), and so I will never buy or play their games and consoles. They've tried too hard to take over the entire entertainment industry. Nintendo is best because it's an all-game company, not something that's trying to beat other companies at every level.

For any gamer, especially Nintendo fans, I recommend the essays by Kasuto of Kataan. Here are the links:

http://www.kasuto.net/ramblings.php?...amblings1.html
An essay dedicated to why PS2 is the piece of crap it is.

http://www.kasuto.net/ramblings.php?...amblings6.html
An essay dedicated to why X-box should be avoided.

http://www.kasuto.net/archives.php?m...ecube_ps2.html
Not an essay, but a comparison of Gamecube's and PS2's...uh "ingredients". Take a look; Gamecube has much better stats.

http://www.kasuto.net/archives.php?m...cube_xbox.html
Same thing as above, only it compares Gamecube and X-box.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:07 PM   #34
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Well, I have played a first person shooter (Metroid Prime) on the cube, and I'd have to say that the controller is easier to use than a playstation one, simply because the buttons are different enough to be easily discernible from one another. The thing that really sucks with a playstation controller is that the buttons all look alike, and different games never use the same format, so you're always having to relearn what button does what, whereas with the gamecube, it's easier to remember because they're all shaped differently. In conclusion, I think that the people who think the Nintendo sucks for first person shooters are talking out of their sphincters.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:20 PM   #35
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

GameCube just got slashed to US$99.

Considering that the main reason to buy a video game system - the platform-exclusive games themselves - are markedly superior on the Cube, I think now, there really is no excuse to not get a Cube.

Think about it. Not including the cross-platform titles:

PS2 - GTA, and everything else
XBox - Halo, and everything else
Cube - Zelda, Mario, Metroid, LOTR, Rogue Leader (incl. the upcoming Rebel Strike), it goes on and on...

Really, Nintendo suffers for the same reason the Apple Macintosh saw a decline ten years ago. It's a "kiddy system". My argument is, who cares if it's a kiddy system? If you recognize that it's a better system that focuses on better gameplay... that's when your priorities are straight as a consumer.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 06:53 PM   #36
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot

Really, Nintendo suffers for the same reason the Apple Macintosh saw a decline ten years ago. It's a "kiddy system". My argument is, who cares if it's a kiddy system? If you recognize that it's a better system that focuses on better gameplay... that's when your priorities are straight as a consumer.

Apparently these consumers aren't getting the picture with the Cube. In fact, if it weren't for the GBA, Nintendo would be in the red zone as far as earnings go (9.6 million GC systems to the 37 million GBA systems). Why do you think they slashed the prices on the Cube? It just doesn't sell. And the PS2 still leads in global sales of console systems by a wide margin, more than justifying Sony's participation in this market.

Here is a good source for the console market and in particular Nintendo.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 12:34 AM   #37
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

I have a perfect excuse IP - parents won't let me

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 07:26 PM   #38
stupid_fat_hobbit
Sapling

Right now Gamecube is the best for life simulations. It has animal crossing, The Sims, And soon to come harvet moon and Sims bustin out. You just can't beat that espesialy animal crossing.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:25 AM   #39
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Quote:
And the PS2 still leads in global sales of console systems by a wide margin, more than justifying Sony's participation in this market.
The PS2 also jumped into the fourth-generation console fray a year before Microsoft and Nintendo, which put them securely in the lead - and because of its backwards compatability and strong software base (as well the rise of DVD players around that time), it didn't suffer an early adoption backlash like the DreamCast.

Simply put, Sony rules today because of perfect timing.

On the upside, GameCube sales have quadrupled in the past week, and Nintendo may yet meet the year's sales target despite being far behind projections in earlier quarters.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 08:20 PM   #40
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

Sony is ruling because gamers today refuse to buy game systems if they don't have all that extra crap in them. The PS2 is ugly, poorly put together, and has the worst game selection I have ever seen. Most of its games are 1st person shooters and sports games. Sony doesn't care if your PS2 doesn't work seven years from now, because by then, they'll come out with something new that has everything PS2 could do, plus a built-in cloning machine, a light-show producer, and a beef jerky maker. Sony is run by money-hungry gibbons that only want to make a PS2 as much of a multi-tasker as possible so that they can reel in your money. Nintendo is in it for the long run. They are an all-game company. They know what will work and what won't. They don't need to glue on a bunch of pretty bells and glitter to the Gamecube so that people will buy it; they have great quality games to make it sell.

Oh, and the reason Nintendo is dropping prices is probably because they aren't as demanding for money. Sony hasn't dropped PS2 prices officially; they still want that $300.