Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-19-2000, 03:17 PM   #21
Miralys

Re : do you like math?

Well not really. I had to take one for a general requirement here at the university. The professor was really cool and didn't knock us for taking "dumb" math. It was called finite mathematics which at the beginning seemed infintely boring But our professor came up with a curriculum that was chock full of real life scenarios.

So no I don't like it but I understand it well enough to get by and solve the problems I may encounter. I think that is the important thing.
Old 12-19-2000, 05:32 PM   #22
dunedain lady

Math

I despise algebra, but I like geometry. I like math when I can apply it to stuff like physics. I love physics!!
Old 12-19-2000, 11:44 PM   #23
emilsson

Re: Math

Elysha, I agree with you. Solving math problems consists of three parts for me. First you see what is the question, then you look at what you already know, then you try to find out the rest. At that point you can answer your question. I guess this just shows that all subjects are based on logical thinking.

I like algebra, derivating and complex figures. But I really hate most of geometri.
Old 12-20-2000, 10:34 PM   #24
Shanamir Duntak

When maths comes to resolving third degree integrals, THAT's boring.
Old 12-23-2000, 08:10 AM   #25
arynetrek

like most of y'all, i only like (or even appreciate) math when i can apply it to something. like science, which if i were smarter & a MUCH more dedicated student i'd think about going into cosmology (Stephen Hawking-type stuff).

i have some difficulty with math - the only way i can really learn math is drill-&-kill, which not too many teachers do anymore. if you put a math problem in front of me, eventually i will figure it out. if you give me 100, i'll learn that operation. but if you ask me to do even simple mental addition, i will have to resort to talking-through & counting.

scratch paper is my friend...
aryne *