Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-24-2001, 01:47 AM   #21
Bullroarer

Re: Should Entmoot stay on ezboard?

If the server would be faster and less buggy I'm game.
Old 06-25-2001, 09:01 AM   #22
Earendilyon

I'd say: go for your own server, if you want to pay the costs for it ofcourse. Having this board on your own server, you'll have total control over it. You won't get interference by others.
I don't think (nor hope) that EZboard will go bankrupt, but I do think it's better to be master of your own, if you're willing to pay for it.
Send me a mail when you do
Old 06-27-2001, 05:00 AM   #23
Elbreth of Carhouth

Well Ben, I think you need to look at which would actually save you more money in the long run.
EzBoard is doing the whole money thing now, they're definatly scared of going bankrupt. You said its $160 to set up the new one? Wait it out for a bit, it would actually be a bit of a bother for me to reregister, most of my stuff is on EzBoard, I run a lot from here. Although I do think that EzBoard will eventually run out on us, I think its pretty stable for the time being. If any more major warning sign pop up, then go ahead and make the move.
Old 06-28-2001, 11:44 AM   #24
Grand Admiral Reese

I really don't know. Although if you are thinking of going to a vBulletin, I heartily recommend it. I post on a few, and there the best board out there. They look great, have great smilies, good poll features, don't mess up an entire thread if one person does one of those side-scroll things. All in all, they're good boards.