Old 05-04-2004, 09:19 AM   #361
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 01:18 PM   #362
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Indeed creepy that little child. I bet he is an illusion of some sort... hmm... or brainwashed... or something!

Oh, and I guess I'm waiting for some plot advancement here before posting... we've been running in those tunnels for awhile... and the child has raised doubt of Elises goodness in the heart of Fimbren... and we are lost... guess I'm waiting for something more to happen :P

Oh, and Lief talked something about not prioritating time for this forum until he was done with school for the year...
Old 05-14-2004, 04:55 PM   #363
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Well, hopefully what I've just posted should give you something to work with.

Also, is there anyone else in the group infiltrating the Shadowhand's Citadel other than Elise, Iriana, and Fimbren? I wasn't sure, and wanted to make sure I didn't miss anyone.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:18 PM   #364
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

There's Tareod too but he hasn't been saying much (EDIT: I suppose he's wandering around in that mist somewhere) because each time I read up all the other threads and want to devote some time to this one, I run out of internettime. I need proper time management.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:08 PM   #365
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Oh, and Lief talked something about not prioritating time for this forum until he was done with school for the year...
It's not really school for the year, it's school for each individual day. The weekends are the main times I can get online. I noticed after sending that email to you that I probably hadn't made myself very clear.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 01:56 PM   #366
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Ah
Old 05-15-2004, 11:36 PM   #367
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Yeah, I'm finished with school (possibly forever...), so have quite a bit of time these days (compared to the hectic papers of finals and so forth, a few weeks back.)

Earniel, I'll make sure to work Tareod in as well.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:07 PM   #368
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

I'm finishing military 25th of June, whereas 3 weeks untill that time I'll be at home... but I have to question whether I'll have more time for this forum at home than I have up here in the military.

The strange thing is, that here in the military I have so much dead time that I get nothing done... it is strange, but when I have a tight schedual, I usually get a lot more finished in a day.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:43 PM   #369
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Quote:
Originally posted by Mathron
~grin~

You guys are in the, er, "creepy horror story" chapter of the tale, I suppose. ^_^
I suppose so indeed!!!
Old 05-20-2004, 04:38 PM   #370
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*sigh* If I don't post now, I'll never get back into the game. And there's just way too much fun to be had not to. I'm going to assume Tareod has been with Elise and the others all the time despite the fact that he hasn't said one word and isn't really mentioned.

And I think it's about time Imarwyn did something again too.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:33 PM   #371
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Wonderful posting, everyone! I'm just really delighted to see how everything is continuing to progress, even when I'm not able to be here all that frequently.

Today and tomorrow I'll be able to post quite a bit. I guess that primarily applies to Eärniel, unless Bearcore returns.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 06:27 PM   #372
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Awh, you didn't make it easy for me here Mathron I have yet to find a good way out of this... hmm... I can't hurt him with my sword, and basically that is all Iriana have. The power of her song drives her sword, and nothing more (that I know of that is)... but perhaps there is more to the song than initially believed...

I'm not totaly content on that yet though... so perhaps in a day or two I have a better way out of it all I'll give it some more thought.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:18 AM   #373
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Feel free to think it over. That's the main challenge of the current 'trials' of the characters - dangers and obstacles that require thinking, rather than just charging into battle.

^_^
Old 05-26-2004, 07:59 PM   #374
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Yeh, I noticed... Fighting a shadow without any magical abilities at ones disposal isn't very easy Ah! This is going to give me a headache... perhaps tomorrow I'll have the sollution

...and actually, I'm starting to get ideas for what to do... ... ...

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 05-26-2004 at 08:07 PM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 03:50 PM   #375
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Sorry if this was an easy way out, but it was the only possible solution I saw at that point... I can edit if I gave Iriana too much power there...

After reading through the "Trial of Iriana" that you wrote mathron, I based my solution on a lot of things from your post:

Quote:
The mist vanished entirely. The hallway shifts as well, the strange symbols on the walls fading away, the walls becoming less confining, the torches less threatening, the air less dank and dismal. It was just a hallway now - nothing more, and nothing less. There was no stairwell, but a simple open door..
Quote:
Not Fimbren - the song had cleared that deception from her eyes
Quote:
"You could call me his shadow, I suppose. A reflection, a simple construct of mind and magic."
So basically my idea was that for her to reach this state of power, she had to thoroughly consentrate, and not the least see her own life fading... Hope I didn't go too far there The Shadow isn't destroyed, it simply can't affect Iriana... or that was atleast the idea

Last edited by Arat-Falathion : 05-28-2004 at 03:54 PM.
Arat-Falathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 12:51 AM   #376
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I'm sorry, I'm still trying to catch up with some stuff like school work/ect. from my Grandpa's death, which put some things on hold.

I swear I'll write something tomorrow though .
Old 05-29-2004, 02:29 AM   #377
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Very nicely done, Arat. And don't worry, this will work out just fine.
Though you'll probably have to sit for a little bit, as I want to try and have everyone finish up their trials on their own, and don't want to have you wandering by yourself farther in the heart of the Shadowhand's lair. ~grin~

Last edited by Mathron : 05-29-2004 at 02:44 AM.
Mathron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 06:52 AM   #378
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Ah, good to know it was well received I was anxious about that

I'll just sit back and enjoy the show then
Old 05-31-2004, 07:42 PM   #379
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Hmm... who has not completed their trials now then? Only Tareod/Eärniel left? Hmm...
Old 06-01-2004, 10:28 AM   #380
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Elise still hasn't.