Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-17-2004, 04:43 PM   #361
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Hey Valandil, aren't you a man of the Silmarillion? (Or HoME?)
Yes... *sigh*... but I can't get them to talk about me...

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 04:54 PM   #362
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat middle
I don't think it's the homosexual aspect by itself, but the aplication of it to Maedhros and Fingon. It seems like abusing the memories of Tolkien
Ok, I see what you mean, but I don't feel like that myself. It would be different if the artist said: I do these pics because Tolkien intended Maitimo and Findekáno to be gay. THAT would be and indeed.

*Looks forward to a girlfight between SGH and Elemmire*
Old 11-17-2004, 05:00 PM   #363
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Huh?

I was just curious if any of that extra, EXTRA LONG amount of information lent a deeper, more intimate understanding of their... characters!
Oy! You need to have the kids visit your in-laws for a little while tonight ....

And the ONLY reason we don't mention YOU, sir, is that we're afraid your Queen would have our heads!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 06:20 PM   #364
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*an
And the ONLY reason we don't mention YOU, sir, is that we're afraid your Queen would have our heads!!
I was just about to say that. You see, Valandil, take R*an for example, now her I can handle with ease but the Queen of Annuminas herself and three princelings is just too much for this Sea Elf.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:44 PM   #365
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artanis
*Looks forward to a girlfight between SGH and Elemmire*
a girl fight, you want, haha... I think I'm still too new here to really do something like that And from what I've read here so far, SGH has a lot of experience, haha... (I just joined yesterday, or maybe today...it was, like, 1 in the morning or something)... Oh... soon enough, though, I suppose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Golden Hair
Don't get any ideas. HE'S MINE, I tell you, MINE!!!
hehe... I feel like I've come home at long last (why couldn't I have joined about two years ago!)... Glad I finally joined, most I know people have no idea what I'm talking about...

and I've been getting ideas for about five years...

What! I'm only 18... any earlier and that would have been wrong at so many more levels than it already is

Last edited by Elemmírë : 11-17-2004 at 06:51 PM.
Elemmírë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 06:50 PM   #366
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Once more Janet, say it with me, "Finrod is a nancy-boy, who has no basis except to be in a boy-band rip-off like Boyzone."

Quote:
Since I don't have too many of the HoMe books, I was just curious about how much the 'Men of the Silmarillion' are "fleshed-out" by some of those works: The Lays of Beleriand... War of the Jewels... etc, etc.
See! See! *points at Karl* He IS a dirty old man! Why won't anyone believe me?!
Old 11-17-2004, 06:56 PM   #367
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
Once more Janet, say it with me, "Finrod is a nancy-boy, who has no basis except to be in a boy-band rip-off like Boyzone."
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, how coherent I am.

Ahem...I'll let someone with more than 6 posts take that...
Old 11-17-2004, 07:05 PM   #368
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemmire
And from what I've read here so far, SGH has a lot of experience, haha...
Tell us, tell us. The King of Nargothrond will be very interested in hearing more about those experiences
Old 11-17-2004, 07:47 PM   #369
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yes... *sigh*... but I can't get them to talk about me...

I really need to read the Sil again... then I'll talk about you. But I'm a little afraid of the High Queen of Annuminas...
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 08:20 PM   #370
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat middle
Tell us, tell us. The King of Nargothrond will be very interested in hearing more about those experiences
haha...

Want to know how I finally found this site? If I remember right, it was by typing "Finrod" into a yahoo or google search... You can guess who's posts I found

hm... I wonder who's obsession that speaks more about...?
Old 11-17-2004, 08:33 PM   #371
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemmire
haha...

Want to know how I finally found this site? If I remember right, it was by typing "Finrod" into a yahoo or google search... You can guess who's posts I found
LOL!!

btw, welcome, Elemmire I hope you like it here!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 11-17-2004, 08:42 PM   #372
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

Thank you, and yeah, I do. I ate lunch with a friend and her friend a couple days ago, and somehow *hint* *hint* the topic wheeled around to the Silmarillion... and I had a fun time watching my friend butcher an explanation of the Two Trees...

Yeah. I realised annoying friends who didn't care was not the best idea. So now I can annoy people who do!
Old 11-17-2004, 08:44 PM   #373
Rían

Oh, another Sil hottie - Glorfindel! Even tho I don't like blondies in general, Glorfindel's super studliness and just - I don't know, his "aura", I guess, from LOTR - overcomes his blondness - he rocks!! I love how he just tosses off that little line "Three of the servants of Sauron were upon the Bridge, but they withdrew [from my super studliness] and I pursued them westward. I came also upon two others, but they turned away southward." Then of course he shows his "sensitive" side (a requirement with me - see Tuor and his harp) by his very gentle and skillful treatment of Frodo. And he's a man who knows what he wants and gives his all to get it - also a requirement with me (and what he wants has to be good, btw) - no wishy-washy guys for me!

Also Ecthelion - the "fairest of the Noldoli" (hmm, seems like there's several of those!). I like his "well, if the only way to take you out, Gothmog, is to die myself, then I'm taking you with me!" attitude.

Old 11-17-2004, 09:07 PM   #374
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

Quote:
Oh, another Sil hottie - Glorfindel! Even tho I don't like blondies in general, Glorfindel's super studliness and just - I don't know, his "aura", I guess, from LOTR - overcomes his blondness - he rocks!!
I like blondes... can't you tell? And Glorfindel was my favourite until I read the Silm... haha... I don't like hobbits all that much, and didn't actually get obsessed with LotR until Glorfindel came into it (and then left about as quickly )... Still, after that, it was all over. I could barely put the book down.

Neil Gaiman
Old 11-17-2004, 09:15 PM   #375
Rían

Well, I'll let you and SGH fight over blondie Finrod But watch out for her Admin Stick of Wrath! *looks ruefully at her scars*

Old 11-17-2004, 09:23 PM   #376
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

oh wow, I love that face

hm.... I've heard about that Stick of Wrath more than once around here so far...

*hiding under desk*
*grabs Silmarillion to read under desk*
*on second thought, grabs entire computer*
*crash*

oops...

sorry... random mood, desperately trying to hold of the homework and studying in store for me...

Neil Gaiman
Old 11-17-2004, 09:56 PM   #377
Rían

Here's a more traditional pic of Fingon and Maedhros - I like the expressions on both of their faces, altho I don't like Fingon's ears ... Maedhros is just exhaustion and total trust in his friend because he can't do anything himself; Fingon is "ok, I got him, NOW what - we're not out of the woods yet!" I like how Fingon's hair has the gold plaits, and I like Maedhros' hair, but I wish it was longer - as one comment read, how could he have short hair after 50 years?

here

Old 11-17-2004, 10:16 PM   #378
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

Quote:
Here's a more traditional pic of Fingon and Maedhros here
I love Jenny Dolfen's pictures...I've got a couple on my dorm room wall (some the only non-anime pictures in the room - wow...I so don't look forward to tearing this thing down at the end of the year )

She really likes drawing him with short hair...

Okay... this theory is really pushing it, but a possible explanation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.hair-loss-usa.com/hair_growth.htm
The key to faster hair growth is nutrition. Everyone's body has a predetermined maximum rate of growth. This growth rate can only be achieved when the body is in optimum condition and gets 100% of the nutrients the hair needs to flourish. Many studies indicate that the vast majority of people DO NOT get adequate and proper nutrition for the body to operate at it's peak.
To put it mildly, I doubt he was eating all that much...

Neil Gaiman
Old 11-17-2004, 10:30 PM   #379
Rían

So I suppose Morgoth gave Maedhros a buzz cut right before he hung him up, just to embarass him, and what with not eating and things, his hair just never grew

Old 11-17-2004, 10:40 PM   #380
Attalus
Swan-Knight of Dol Amroth

I really like the Jenny Dolfin pic. Now that's how artists should draw Elves, even Maedhros.