Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 12:49 AM   #361
orithil
Captain Jack

"Tommorow morning" answered Hedrim "Since you helped save Quickleaf and helped look after him...I suppose you are free to join us..." Hedrim looked around the camp site seeing if there were any objections.

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:45 AM   #362
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Hearing Aerin had returned, Quickleaf turned his head and smiled in her direction, glad Nami had spoken to her. Speaking in his Lothlorien accent, "Hama sinome, have a seat.. Join us Aerin, with your bow and your endurance, which has been valiantly proven in the depths of Dol Guldur. Amin sinta thaliolle e dagor, I know your strength in battle.. Aerin. Manka lle merna, if you wish", gesturing his hand.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:43 AM   #363
Mari
Elf Lady

Ellysa saw Aelfwine coming towards her and when she asked if she could sit with her, Ellysa happily gestured for her to sit down.

"Aelfwine, have you decided what you will do yet? Will you go with the group? Why did you join in the first place? Don't you miss your home?"
Suddenly Ellysa realized she was asking a lot of questions and quickly she apologized for asking so many questions. She didn't retract the questions though.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 07-11-2008, 11:23 AM   #364
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Aelfwine laughed as she sat next to Ellysa.
"No need to apoligize, Ellysa," she said. "I will go with the group, yes. I joined the group because I was asked to by a good friend by letter. You've heard of Gandalf," She thought back to the day she, Ellysa, Nami and Quickleaf had spoken of the White Wizard they day Ellysa tried to run thinking her gift a curse. "Gandalf came to Rohan often. He warned me of the war that was to come to Rohan. He obviously thought I could do the Quest some good. I recieved the letter in Midnight's stable. I left the next day," Aelfwine looked at Ellysa. "Radagast gave everyone the choice to return home or continue with the Quest. I'm not sure why I decided to go with them instead of returning to Rohan," She smiled again. "Yes, I miss Rohan. It's the only home I know. Truthfully this is the first time I've been outside of Rohan's borders. What of you, Ellysa? Why did you decide to join us?"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 07-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #365
Mari
Elf Lady

"Hmmm, why did I? I came to join this group as I followed my visions. I saw myself first with a tribe to the north and then gradually as I followed my visions I came closer and closer to the North and somehow I ended up at Radhagast's house."

She stopped for a second. She ought to clarify that perhaps.

"You see, when I was much younger I once had an extraordinary vision. In it a man I had never seen before seemed to look straight at me and he spoke, though I could not hear his words. He said: 'Look closely. Always look closely and SEE!'. I never forgot that and have always went to see what I had observed in my vision since. That man did sort of fit your descriptions of this Gandalf. But I'm sure many people do.
In any case, that is what I do. I go see. I'm very much hoping I can stay with you all though!"

Ellysa smiled at Aelfwine.
"So... what is Rohan like? I heard a few stories but... Is it true there is grass everywhere?"

Last edited by Mari : 07-11-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:22 AM   #366
Acalewia

Aelfwine smiled.
"Yes, everywhere you turn the land is green. If you breath deeply, you can smell freshturned earth from the hooves of the horses. There is always a breeze, but you are never cold," She looked back at Ellysa. "I really don't believe my discription of Rohan is doing it justice. When all is over, come with me to Rohan. I'm sure it will be more green than you are used to," Aelfwine said with a smile. She had given the same invitation to Nami what seemed like months ago. Perhaps two of her good friends would come and see her homeland.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:45 AM   #367
Mari
Elf Lady

Excited Ellysa listened to Alefwine's description. "That sounds beautiful. And like a dream. I would love to come visit some time, who knows where I'll end up.
I would love to show you where I come from as well, but basically it's just a lot of sand under a scorching sun and a freezing moon. Not very interesting and the people aren't very kind to outsiders."
She gave Aelfwine an apologizing look.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:03 AM   #368
The Sasquatch of Fangorn
The Co-president of Entmoot - The Half-Dwarven Guardian of the Ancient Forest

Borin's ears perked up at Aelfwine's story. "You're going to Rohan?" asked the dwarf. "I was there once. But it was during the war. I would very much like to see it fully restored." He turned to Ellysa "And where is that, Ellysa?"

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Thanks for breaking up the group Yoko!"- The reduced Shakespeare company.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:05 PM   #369
Acalewia

Aelfwine chuckled.
"Borin, I'm from Rohan. Of course, I'll be going back there when the Quest is finished," She looked back at Ellysa.
"I have heard the Haradrim are a different sort of people. I'm sure they know outsiders will not understand their ways.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:28 PM   #370
Mari
Elf Lady

"Ah. I don't think that's it. In the desert there is not much to be found, so everyone guards their resources well. If you go the official way, know the proper rituals and have a decent status you can enjoy marvelous hospitality though. But you are female and not an outspoken warrior. Perhaps Borin could stand the test though."
She looked at Borin as she said that, smiling vaguely.

Old 07-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #371
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

"I might." said Borin smirking "I'm used to the heat. Being underground as far as I've been you'll realize that there is no wind down there."

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,

Old 07-15-2008, 08:15 PM   #372
Acalewia

Aelfwine laughed.
"No, I am no outspoken warrior nor a Rider like my father. I don't think I have the status to receive the hospility of your people, even if I knew the rituals!" She turned to Borin. "I can imagine how stuffy the deepest regins of the earth can be with no light and air,"

Old 07-17-2008, 02:00 PM   #373
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami stood at the edge of the camp, leaning against a tree. A smile played on her lips as she looked around the group of oddly matched follows. As she listened to the talk of visting homelands Nami spoke up.

"Speaking of when this quest ends, when are we setting off and who's coming with us? The way i see it we've gained a few people along the way. Are they coming with us and do they even wish to come?" Nami's eyes flicked to Quickleaf, "And we have a few injured, do we take the injured and hope they heal? I do not wish to leave people behind but the safely and views of the whole much be thought of."
Old 07-17-2008, 05:05 PM   #374
The Sasquatch of Fangorn

"If you're going to the Iron hills you'll need someone who knows the land." said Borin, smiling "That's why you've got me!"

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,

Last edited by The Sasquatch of Fangorn : 07-23-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:23 PM   #375
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami turned to Borin and smiled, "I would not dream of leaving you behind!"
Old 07-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #376
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Eager to stretch his legs, Quickleaf rose up and wandered towards the trees beyond the camp, accidentally spilling a water flask onto the ground and stepping on someone's cloak. Unaware, he strode merrily off.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:13 PM   #377
Midge
Faithful Gardener

"Tomorrow morning!" Hedrim answered Aerin's timid question. "Since you helped save Quickleaf and helped look after him...I suppose you are free to join us..."

"Tomorrow morn? I suppose..." Aerin trailed off into thought. She had nothing to do but get up and go, since she'd nothing left to her but her empty Messenger's pack, and that most likely would be filled with those ridiculous scrolls. She looked around the camp to find that, surprisingly, most of the company were taking it fairly easy, considering that they were going to leave tomorrow. At least half of the company were just sitting around talking, although Quickleaf got up and walked off rather comically, as he spilled a water bottle all over his breeches and didn't notice.

One of the few people working was Haldis, who was washing up from their last meal. Aerin went over and joined her.

"Haldis," she began, "is there anything I can do to help prepare for the journey tomorrow? Many of the company apparently do not have anything to do, but that does not suit me. I am sure there is some work I can do, be it packing or washing, that will keep my hands busy and my mind from wandering into the uselessness of being entirely alone. What can I do to help?"

Haldis looked around and began a brisk list of things that would need to be done by the next morning: "The blankets I've brought seem to be scattered about many different tents; if you could gather them and roll them into a small bundle, then begin to pick up the small oddments we've left strewn about, I could start to pack up more stores for the leaving tomorrow morning. And while you're about your work, see if you can't try to get others to begin working now so they won't be flustered and cranky tomorrow morning when they awaken and have mere minutes to get their things together."

Silently grateful for quite a handful of things to do now, Aerin set off to gather the blankets and oddments that Haldis had mentioned. She began her search with Aelfwine and Ellysa, who were sitting and talking about their homelands.

Wondering why she was so nervous around this particular group of people, Aerin gathered her courage and walked up to the two girls. "Ellysa and... Aelfwine, right? Haldis wants to know if you've seen any of her blankets. If we're leaving tomorrow morning, it might be wise to make sure you're ready to get going now so you don't have to worry right before we leave."
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 07-22-2008, 02:10 PM   #378
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

As people started being stired into action by Aerin Nami pushed her self away from the tree she was lending against and headed towards her little patch of the camp to start packing. Nami could not help but smile as she watch Quickleaf stumble around the camp. Ok it was funny but sooner or that he was going to kill himself by running into a tree or get at least hurt by angry follows as he walked into their stuff!

"Hey Quickleaf stop running away from the work and come and help out! I need an extra pair of hands!"

Finding that her clothes had dryed in the warm morning sun from when she had washed them earlier, Nami begain gathering them up to be folded and packed.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #379
Acalewia

Aelfwine looked up as Aerin spoke and smiled.
"Yes, it's Aelfwine. I haven't any of Haldis' blankets, I brought my own. I travel light, but she is right," She stood. "What of you, Ellysa?"

Old 07-23-2008, 01:39 AM   #380
Mari
Elf Lady

"I have everything already packed in my pack, ready to go. I'm a nomad after all." She winked before continuing: "but I'll help out others with packing. I'll start with the pots and pans."
And she left Aerin and Aelfwine to get to work.

Closed Thread