FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-16-2007, 04:35 PM   #361
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
Good cartoons I read this morning ...
wanna teach me how to get one up? I have a great one.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:47 PM   #362
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt
wanna teach me how to get one up? I have a great one.
Alright, when you come upon a pic you like, right click and "view" image. Save the url, and when you come here to post, click on the little yellow square symbol, and past the pic's url in there, and presto

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:08 PM   #363
hectorberlioz

Wow, Hillary...

Gee, wow Click HERE

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 04-24-2007, 01:29 PM   #364
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR

I'm a little puzzled to the reference to Tom Lantos as the Democratic Secretary of State who doesn't mind Jews being killed, given that he is

a)one of Israel's biggest supporters (very close to AIPAC)
b) Jewish
c) a Holocaust survivor

So, either he is all in favor of Jews being killed, or (just maybe, given his background) he's given a little more thought to the situation than knee-jerk wing-nuts?

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
GrayMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:56 PM   #365
hectorberlioz

That's the sad part for them, GM.

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 04-24-2007, 02:10 PM   #366
hectorberlioz

Hector's predictions for 2008

Everybody likes predictions, so here we go...

I predict (and I 'm betting five cups of Entmoot Espresso on this...) Hillary Clinton's campaign will hit the rough tide by about the end of the year, with scandal.

I predict Obama's campaign will slump, and give way to John Edwards, who will emerge as the leading Democrat. Other Dems? I don't know.

I predict that once Fred Thompson gets in the race, he will ask Mitt Romney to be his VP running mate. Mitt Romney will accept because: a lot of Mitt's support comes from folks who would have otherwise supported Fred. Mitt doesn't have the numbers, but he has the money. fred+mitt=a good combo.

I predict that Rudy Giuliani and McCain's stars will fade, and with Fred Thompson, the leading frontrunners on the GOP side will be Duncan Hunter, and Sam Brownback.

Ron Paul will make history with the unprecedented amount of support behind an independent candidate.

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 04-24-2007, 09:36 PM   #367
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:16 PM   #368
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Everybody likes predictions, so here we go...

I predict (and I 'm betting five cups of Entmoot Espresso on this...) Hillary Clinton's campaign will hit the rough tide by about the end of the year, with scandal.

I predict Obama's campaign will slump, and give way to John Edwards, who will emerge as the leading Democrat. Other Dems? I don't know.

I predict that once Fred Thompson gets in the race, he will ask Mitt Romney to be his VP running mate. Mitt Romney will accept because: a lot of Mitt's support comes from folks who would have otherwise supported Fred. Mitt doesn't have the numbers, but he has the money. fred+mitt=a good combo.

I predict that Rudy Giuliani and McCain's stars will fade, and with Fred Thompson, the leading frontrunners on the GOP side will be Duncan Hunter, and Sam Brownback.

Ron Paul will make history with the unprecedented amount of support behind an independent candidate.
Even among Republican voters, who would vote for a guy with Cancer and a running mate who has held every position possible on issues of interest to them?

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 04-25-2007, 08:57 AM   #369
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Even among Republican voters, who would vote for a guy with Cancer and a running mate who has held every position possible on issues of interest to them?
He has a very benign cancer, from what I've heard. And that stuff about Mitt is a combination of half-truths, and half-lies

Who would vote for Fred Thompson? Only nearly everyone. I know for sure that he is a big attraction for those on the moderate fence. He'll probably carry TN by the largest margin ever.

Sis, you are very unadventurous in predictions

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 04-25-2007, 09:59 AM   #370
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
He has a very benign cancer, from what I've heard. And that stuff about Mitt is a combination of half-truths, and half-lies
Know any voters in Massachusetts? They're not in the habit of electing conservatives up there. He ran to get elected, if he believes what he says now.
Quote:
Sis, you are very unadventurous in predictions
I'm not in the prediction business. I'm more task oriented, when it comes to elections.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 04-25-2007, 10:12 AM   #371
hectorberlioz

Quote:
Know any voters in Massachusetts? They're not in the habit of electing conservatives up there. He ran to get elected, if he believes what he says now.
Yeah pretty impressive...

Quote:
I'm not in the prediction business. I'm more task oriented, when it comes to elections.
I'm just joking

The Da CINDY Code
~
Old 04-25-2007, 10:31 AM   #372
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Yeah pretty impressive...
Just to let you know, and for what it's worth, politicians who lie to get elected are like people who cheat on their spouses. Once they get the habit, they'll do it with anyone.

Most good politics are based on compromise of some kind. You need to be able to work with people who hold very different positions, and you need to be able to put behind you yesterday's debate, because you have new work today. Because of that, and the plain horsetrading, you expect the voting history of anyone but a complete novice to have occasional 'blemishes' that single issue voters will nitpick.

But elections are different. What someone says during an election should represent their convictions. No one is forcing them to have a position on issue x or y. When you meet someone who makes no effort to follow through on issues that were big during the election, or are critical to their base, you figure they're not as interested in representing their voters as in something else. What the something else is, varies.

Just to keep in mind.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 05-13-2007, 10:31 AM   #373
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

My pants post. ;oD

Unnamed Republican presidential aspirant: Gosh. I love America. I’m afraid I’m going to be at a loss for words, because America for me is not just our rolling mountains and hills and streams and pants cities, it’s the American people. And the American people are the pantsest people in the world. What makes America the pantstest nation in the world is the heart of the American people -- hard-working, innovative, risk-taking, God- loving, family-oriented American people.

It’s that optimism we thank Ronald Reagan for. Thank you, Mrs. Reagan, for opening up this place in his memory for us. It is that optimism about this pants people that makes us the pantsest nation on Earth.

Second unnamed Republican presidential aspirant:Chris, I want to go back, though, to say why we’re a pants nation. We are a culture of life. We celebrate, we elevate life. And let me just say, when hikers on Mount Hood get lost, we move heaven and Earth to go find them.

When coalminers in West Virginia are trapped in a mine, we go after them because we celebrate life.

This life issue is not insignificant, it’s not small. It separates from the -- us from the Islamic fascists who would strap a bomb to the belly of their child and blow them up. We don’t do that in this country.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Last edited by sisterandcousinandaunt : 05-13-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:54 AM   #374
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

love this
Aspirant #3:, a Politico.com reader wants a letter grade; he wants to know A through F, how would you rate the Bush administration’s handling of the Iraq war.

Aspirant #3: I think it’s too early to give them the grade. You don’t give a student a grade in the middle of the exam. We’re still in the middle of the exam. Let’s wait and see how it turns out, then we can give the president a grade.

MR. VANDEHEI: But a teacher will usually give you a heads-up maybe midway through that semester. (Laughter.)

Aspirant #3: My teachers never did. I don’t know where you went to school, but in HOME STATE ranked 43 out of 50 states and the District of Columbia on ALEC ranking 2004,-- (laughter) -- we didn’t get a grade until it was over, and usually we didn’t want to take it home. (Laughter.)

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 05-14-2007, 09:20 AM   #375
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

I didn't know patrio-fascism was going to be an Olympic sport. You guys have already got the qualifiers on telly; another gold in the bag methinks.

Barf.

Love it, Sis. Thanks for making me grateful that I don't have this plastered all over my TV.

As a matter of interest, did you guys get any coverage of Tony Blair's resignation speech? Specifically, did you get the stuff he was saying about Britain being the best nation in the world?

Last edited by The Gaffer : 05-14-2007 at 09:22 AM.
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #376
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
I didn't know patrio-fascism was going to be an Olympic sport. You guys have already got the qualifiers on telly; another gold in the bag methinks.

Barf.

Love it, Sis. Thanks for making me grateful that I don't have this plastered all over my TV.

As a matter of interest, did you guys get any coverage of Tony Blair's resignation speech? Specifically, did you get the stuff he was saying about Britain being the best nation in the world?
It's amazing, isn't it? The only reason I read through 28 pages of transcript (not having cable TV or a high nausea threshold) was because I heard that 3 people who wanted to be President of the United States from a major political party (and appoint directors of Health and Education) said that they didn't believe in evolution, and I thought it was a satire. Honestly, I thought some liberal pundit made that up. Imagine my chagrin.

How can we even consider electing people (regardless of party affiliation) who don't view people in other lands as having concern for their children? Who spout jingoistic BS on every occasion?

I saw a bit of Blair's speech, and read some excerpts. He's had a long run.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 05-14-2007, 10:49 AM   #377
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Quote:
3 people who wanted to be President of the United States from a major political party (and appoint directors of Health and Education) said that they didn't believe in evolution,

The reason I asked was that Bliar was going on about how Britain is the best country in the world, in a similar vein to the way US Presidents are wont to do about their own country.

I wondered if they would show that in the US.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:49 PM   #378
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:

The reason I asked was that Bliar was going on about how Britain is the best country in the world, in a similar vein to the way US Presidents are wont to do about their own country.

I wondered if they would show that in the US.
It definately had some play over here. Mostly by comedians and such though. The joke was that Bush's reply to that was to say "and we think Britian is the best little buddy of the best country in the world!"

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 04:30 PM   #379
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

I think Bliar thinks that too.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:42 PM   #380
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Last night Steven Colbert reported that Blair was resigning and asked "I wonder who President Bush will appoint to replace him."

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote