Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-28-2004, 05:09 PM   #361
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

I think it has to be voluntary, actually...and this isn't, not really. But I suppose you could think of it that way.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 02:20 AM   #362
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Well if not that just means there is more to come from Master Wormtail in the next book.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 03:14 AM   #363
Telcontar_Dunedain

Bump!
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 10-15-2004, 02:17 PM   #364
azalea
Long lost mooter

Whose turn is it?
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 05:05 PM   #365
Telcontar_Dunedain

Thranduil or Nurv I think.

Old 10-16-2004, 08:29 AM   #366
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Thranduil or Nurv I think.
What do you want me to do?
Old 10-16-2004, 09:31 AM   #367
Telcontar_Dunedain

One of you needs to write the last lot of chapters for our predictions. Maybe you could either split them or do them together.

Old 10-16-2004, 10:17 PM   #368
thranduil
Elven Warrior

oh okay. is this the end of the book for sure? well nurv p.m. me your ideas ill send you mine and we will create the ending.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:37 PM   #369
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Allright!!
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 04:31 AM   #370
Telcontar_Dunedain

So I guess my chapter's were alright then?

Old 10-17-2004, 07:22 AM   #371
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

If you are talking to me TD, (as with JKR's versions ) I am having trouble keeping up with all the rapid fire changes at the end here....you younger posters just go ahead. Rad the Brown should keep things pretty sorted! I don't think Wormtail's debt is absolved, I figured that would involve some sort of actuall "life threatening" (or actual loss of life) situation.

AS the book nears the end here....is it....

1. Harry has the heir's pensieve so Voldemort can't invade his thoughts, unless Harry screws up....(so Harry has to be kind of "anal" about sorting out his thoughts....especially before sleeping... This sounds like an accident waiting to happen! Harry's bound to screw up, just like he did with the contacting Sirius issue at the end of the last book...Harry's eventual thought processing/cleansing screw up would work well as a plot device, in Voldemort's favor...)
I'm a little curious as to how Harry uses this bowl. Does he put all his OotP info in it each night before sleeping? Does he take any Voldemort planted dreams out and toss them? How does he know what to keep or trash? Does he have regularly occuring sessions with the Heir (I'm afraid I don't remember who we said he was...) on using the pensive , occlemency, and keeping his identify seperate from his "blood/magic" brother Voldermort?

2.Luna is now missing, supposedly kidnapped as with the muggleborns?

3. Hermione's missing also, but through her own accord, with one of the 2-way mirrors, but she doesn't respond when they contact her?
Old 10-17-2004, 03:38 PM   #372
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizra
If you are talking to me TD, (as with JKR's versions ) I am having trouble keeping up with all the rapid fire changes at the end here....you younger posters just go ahead. Rad the Brown should keep things pretty sorted! I don't think Wormtail's debt is absolved, I figured that would involve some sort of actuall "life threatening" (or actual loss of life) situation.

AS the book nears the end here....is it....

1. Harry has the heir's pensieve so Voldemort can't invade his thoughts, unless Harry screws up....(so Harry has to be kind of "anal" about sorting out his thoughts....especially before sleeping... This sounds like an accident waiting to happen! Harry's bound to screw up, just like he did with the contacting Sirius issue at the end of the last book...Harry's eventual thought processing/cleansing screw up would work well as a plot device, in Voldemort's favor...)
I'm a little curious as to how Harry uses this bowl. Does he put all his OotP info in it each night before sleeping? Does he take any Voldemort planted dreams out and toss them? How does he know what to keep or trash? Does he have regularly occuring sessions with the Heir (I'm afraid I don't remember who we said he was...) on using the pensive , occlemency, and keeping his identify seperate from his "blood/magic" brother Voldermort?

2.Luna is now missing, supposedly kidnapped as with the muggleborns?

3. Hermione's missing also, but through her own accord, with one of the 2-way mirrors, but she doesn't respond when they contact her?

Ummm...this info came from where?
Old 10-17-2004, 04:01 PM   #373
Telcontar_Dunedain

They are predictions.

Old 10-17-2004, 05:30 PM   #374
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Yeah! WE MADE IT ALL UP!!! Maybe yes, maybe no..... IT's our "book" of predictions.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:34 PM   #375
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

So Thranduil and I are to do the next bit? I'm afraid I won't be much use to you buddy, but I'll try my best. PM me if you like, or add me to MSN: trillian2111@hotmail.com
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 02:24 PM   #376
azalea
Long lost mooter

Lizra: If my prediction was acceptable, the Heir is the descendant of Godric Gryffindor (note that this doesn't exclude Harry's being the eventual heir after this guy dies, or at least related, whatever), and is the titular Half-Blood Prince. He is oldish, and helps Harry better understand certain things about his role in the bigger picture, how to use the pensieve, etc. As no one seemed to object to that prediction, I guess it stands.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 04:06 AM   #377
Telcontar_Dunedain

So any ideas yet Nurv and thranduil?

Old 10-25-2004, 07:07 AM   #378
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I have no ideas. I haven't been playing up to this point... *glares at whoever made her post predictions*

I predict that... Neville will save Harry's life.

??? Is that okay? It's certainly plausible... I don't know if someone predicted it already though.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 10-25-2004, 07:51 AM   #379
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Ha! Good answer Nurv! Being slotted into the final chapters that need to wrap everything up probably does deserve a good GLARE!
Why don't we open it up to all of us now ....see how good an ending we can put on this baby!

Last edited by Lizra : 10-25-2004 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:15 AM   #380
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

It was good? I mean... of course it was!

Maybe Thranduil and I will do a good job after all. I mean... of course we will!

I also think Neville with turn out to be quite a good student, because he's going to assert himself more and not let fear rule him as much.
Quote: