Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-16-2004, 07:44 AM   #361
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Had a no-dream night because (yay!) the sleeping potion works so I actually slept for once! *happy*

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 04:33 PM   #362
Katie of the Golden Wood
Enting

I had a weird dream last night. I'm a very shy person & sometimes have trouble expressing myself. I had an oppurtunity a little while ago to really be myself, but it didn't work out because I was too scared. That same night I had a dream I was a slave on top of a mountain, but I didn't know what I was a slave for. All of a sudden I fell of the edge of a cliff and and looking below me I saw a village. The people were happy and free, but I wasn't sure if I could make it down. I knew I would be free if I made it, but I didn't take the risk. I called for help and I made it back on the cliff and started working. All of a sudden a voice whispered, "you should have let go." Then I woke up.

Katie
Katie of the Golden Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:51 PM   #363
Mrs Maggot
Enting

Wow, that's areally interesting dream… probably relates to you feeling trapped in some area of your life and wanting a change but being too afraid to let go of the current situation. I had a weird LotR-related one last night… I was playing a game of soccer or something and then gandalf appeared and said 'The walls have to hold' and I remember I was all confused cos I'm like 'No, he's meant to say 'The defences have to hold'' but anyway, I go 'They will hold'… how bizarre. I hardly ever have Tolkien-related dreams!
Old 03-16-2004, 08:55 PM   #364
Goldberry1
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Katie of the Golden Wood
I had a weird dream last night. I'm a very shy person & sometimes have trouble expressing myself. I had an oppurtunity a little while ago to really be myself, but it didn't work out because I was too scared. That same night I had a dream I was a slave on top of a mountain, but I didn't know what I was a slave for. All of a sudden I fell of the edge of a cliff and and looking below me I saw a village. The people were happy and free, but I wasn't sure if I could make it down. I knew I would be free if I made it, but I didn't take the risk. I called for help and I made it back on the cliff and started working. All of a sudden a voice whispered, "you should have let go." Then I woke up.
whoa... i never have dreams that seem so significant, or relative to real life in any way, shape, or form. i always get the feeling that something has happened in my dreams and then it happens in real life, but that's more of a "deja vu" thing i guess. like today, i was in math class doing this worksheet and i looked up and just thought to myself "i have seen this scene played out before exactly like it is now." crazy.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:04 PM   #365
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

Last night I dreamed that a friend at my school had brought a gerbil to school and that she yelled at me for walking inbetween her and a person she was talking too and I got mad and stole the gerbil and ran around with it and let it go somewhere and she was crying... then there was this slutty girl who waas nobody in particular and she was putting on a dance performance on the floor of a room and like two people were in there and it was on live TV or something and I was really mad at slutty people so I ran up there and molested her... and nobody ever came to pick me up... so I somehow got home, walked maybe somehow and I asked my mom why she didn't pick me up and she said it was because I got in trouble and wasn't allowed to leave school until 10 pm...

Yeah my dreams aren't relevant at all I don't think.
I told the girl with the gerbil about my dream and all day she's been like 'YOU STOLE MY GERBIL HOW COULD YOU?!" lol
Old 03-30-2004, 01:01 AM   #366
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

Return of Me!

Hey, I'm back! Didja miss me? I've been gone for months... real life getting in the way.
Still dreaming though - last night... um... okay, forgotten it. But a few weeks ago I dreamt Richie Fidler was covetting my dad's twelve-string guitar! Very happy at that... (Richard's the guitarist from comedy band the Doug Anthony All Stars, just if you didn't know... I've only recently got onto them. Pity they've been disbanded 10 years, isn't it?)
Lanelf.

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:32 PM   #367
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

Happy dreams!

Last night I dreamed about Paul McDermott! (who probably none of you know, but he's a guy in a band and he's really funny and a bit of a sleaze with a bad reputation for everything up to and including dogs) But I was soooo happy. It's Melbourne International Comedy Festival time and I might be able to see his show soon! Sorry, I'm a comedy nerd. They should never have let me near the stuff...
But anyway, I dreamt he turned up at school and did a lecture-y thing. And then he played a board game with my friends and I and he cheated.
Lanelf.

Old 03-30-2004, 11:01 PM   #368
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

I had a dream that's not strictly pg-13....no, it was not perverted...well,yes it was but it's not what you're thinking. And anyway, it left me feeling deeply disturbed. Like, in this case, no dream interpretation guide was going to accurately interpret this. Just...the entire tone of the dream was disturbing...even now, four nights later I'm *still* getting it out of my mind.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:55 PM   #369
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Re: Happy dreams!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanelf
Last night I dreamed about Paul McDermott! (who probably none of you know, but he's a guy in a band and he's really funny and a bit of a sleaze with a bad reputation for everything up to and including dogs) But I was soooo happy. It's Melbourne International Comedy Festival time and I might be able to see his show soon! Sorry, I'm a comedy nerd. They should never have let me near the stuff...
But anyway, I dreamt he turned up at school and did a lecture-y thing. And then he played a board game with my friends and I and he cheated.
Lanelf.
I know who he is! I saw him on TV the other night at the Melbourne Comedy Festival. I remember when he was on that show, Good News Week. Never heard anything about him concerning dogs, but he's funny. I think he's kinda cute; I wouldn't mind dreaming about him.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:15 PM   #370
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

Yeah, he's not bad is he, Cass? The 'dogs' thing was from his Doug Anthony All Stars days. But not a bad dream, huh? Wait till I get him in my dreams again...

Old 04-10-2004, 04:52 PM   #371
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I had a pretty wierd dream the othernight. I dreamt that I was going to hang myself, but I couldn't find the room where I had set up the rope. I spent ages trying to find this room and when I eventually did, it turned out to be my schools common room. It was empty except for one person with his back turned to me at the fire escape. I walked towards him and as I got closer he turned into a living cigarette and burst into flames, but with a humans voice screaming for help. Then a masked person ran into the room after hearing the screams and put a rope around my neck because I had been acused of smoking the King of England's cigarette. And then the guy I like ran into the common room which turned into a courtroom saying he had done it. I ended up outside this room again and then I woke up.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 01:08 AM   #372
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

Anyone else always get bad dreams on days you want to be good? On Christmas day a year or so ago, I got terrible nightmares, took the shine off the day. And on Easter, too.... does this only happen to me?
Lanelf.

Old 04-27-2004, 09:17 AM   #373
Beruthiel's cat
mystical divinity of Unashamed Felinity

Location: New York's beautiful North Coast -- we're all mad here!!!
This has happened before, and I'm not even sure it could be called a dream. It usually happens before I wake up in the morning -- right before my alarm goes off.

I hear someone call my name very loudly and urgently, usually just one time. I wake up, thinking someone else in the house is calling me, but no one is...

BUT... my cat is usually on the bed, nudging me and wanting some attention...

I'm wondering if he is the one who called out my name!!

What do you think???

"Never try to out-stubborn a cat!" -- R. Heinlein

~~~~~~~~~

"But I don't want to be among mad people, " Alice remarked.
"Oh, but you can't help that," said the Cat; "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." ~~ Lewis Carroll

~~~~~~~~~~~

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana...
Beruthiel's cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 01:12 PM   #374
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Your subconcious mind is probably aware of the cats need for you (because hes physically in contact with you) and it translates this into a shout for you by name. Sounds pretty straightforward to me. now you know what your cats voice would sound like if he were human.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 03:28 PM   #375
Beruthiel's cat

That seems logical. The voice I hear isn't like anyone else's. It's a tenor voice, not definately male or female. He and I bonded the moment we saw each other and I have never been as connected to a cat in my life. (And I've had many, many cats.) I'd like to think that he's found a way to call me on a psychic level.

~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, but you can't help that," said the Cat; "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 04-27-2004, 03:41 PM   #376
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Ive learned my cat only has a few things to say really:

most of the time: "Hey! Feed me! You! Up there! Feed me! Where are you going?!”

but other times theres: “Why are you staring at me?! Youre making me excited! Whats going on!”

or: “Let me out. Let me in. Let me out. Let me in. I said let me in. Hey! Let me in!!”

or: “watch it! Im agitated. Cant you tell by my tail for cripes sake! Yet I want affection. Where are you going?!”

or the occasional *CAT SCREAM* “You #%&*!!! That was my tail!!! Damn that hurt!! Hey why did you jump out of your skin like that…”

oh and then theres those occasions where shes talking to herself when she thinks Im not around. Its kind of odd...

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 03:48 PM   #377
Beruthiel's cat

Jasper has a similar vocabulary. He also has this kind of bird-call thing he does when he's watching kitty tv -- er -- looking out the window at all the avian activity.

He also talks in his sleep sometimes, and twitches, so he must be dreaming...

(I wonder if he dreams of me???)

~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 03-12-2006, 04:51 PM   #378
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Well, I had a really weird dream once. Actually, I've had a lot of weird dreams. In fact, most of my dreams are weird, but I'll just start out with some of the weirder ones.
I was in a store, and I was riding around it one a bike. Everyone else was doing the same thing. Every time I went around the store once, I had to wait in line and then sit on a nurses lap. So one time on my way around the shop, some sticky thing stuck to my arm. So once I got to the nurse, she said "You're going to need asparagus for that."
Talk about weird.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 12:22 AM   #379
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Like a year ago or something, I had a dream where for some reason that me, MB, and my mom were walking to the post office. MB and I were a lot younger. Then a guy from a grocery store walked up to us and said "I'll help you with your cart."
Our mom agreed, even though we didn't have a cart, so he walked next to us. When we went into the post office, the dude working there said "You were good girls. Here, have a lollipop." Then he gave us (and our mom) some lollipops.
I think there were balloons floating around outside, too.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:24 PM   #380
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

I had a pretty strange one recently.

Me and some other people were at an event at Vatican City to hear the Pope. Somehow I ended up bieng a security guard to the Pope himself. Ended up that I had to carry Benedict around in my arms (presumably) because the loss of the use of his legs. He usually wanted to use the library, so I had to stand for a long time holding him while he read.

There were also two spies who kept fighting with eachother. One was a young girl, and the other a young guy. I think they were competing for something, and the scenes of their fights kept alternating between a laundry mat and the library, where Benedict kept asking them to please stop...

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote