Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 02:09 PM   #361
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Which scene? I might of been listening to it right before I wrote the scene.

Nevermind, I just remembered which scene, I was listening to extensive amounts of Cantina Band before writing it.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 08-14-2002 at 12:14 AM.
Old 08-07-2002, 11:36 PM   #362
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

I'm back home!!!! YAAAYYY!!!! *Struck by a happy fey mood, she hugs everything in the house, the keyboard last of all - Oh, how I've missed you keyboard.* Well, I'm back and ready. And Katt, please send me the edited version at taiya118@hotmail.com. But this time, don't put it in a file. It goes haywire on my computer. Just copy and paste it onto the e-mail; it'll work much better. I'm vouching for Claenoilbo, but anyone can have it if they want to.

EDIT: Who's voting for TLA to be put in the classic threads board? It deserves it.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!

Last edited by Claenoic : 08-07-2002 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-08-2002, 08:32 AM   #363
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Claenoic
EDIT: Who's voting for TLA to be put in the classic threads board? It deserves it.
Good idea
Old 08-08-2002, 11:22 AM   #364
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
it should go in fanfic to.

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 08-08-2002, 02:51 PM   #365
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

I say put it in classic! Yeah!
Oh, and I think Claenoic should get Bilbo. And Gandgirl should still be gandgirl, neh? Obviously SOME of us need new parts... I suppose we could all be dwarves. And elves...and goblins...and oh, holy mother of unicorns, I'm turning into an ensemble member again! *grin*

-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 08-08-2002, 04:03 PM   #366
Earniel

Go easy on the partgrabbing, Tano.

Claenoic and Elf Girl obviously have the oldest right to the Bilbo and Gandalf parody parts. So if they want them I see no problem there.

As for the rest of us... well we'll just have to see how we end up don't we? I'm not going to claim a dwarf just yet. I really liked how we all started as our selves in the TLA-thread and quietly slipped into members of the Fellowship. So I'm sort of planning of starting out as Eärniel again. And we don't have to pin ourselves down on the real characters if we don't want to. (we'll probably be with to many anyway) But also, I have no idea how we're going to start our little hobbitparody so I'm trying not to plan anything at all. I am getting more curious by the minute, though. I really hope it's going to be as fun as the TLA.
Old 08-08-2002, 06:45 PM   #367
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

That's a good idea, Earniel...

How about we're having a counselling meeting and a messenger (That could be Lossei since she wasn't in TLA, if she likes) comes in with a package adressed to Miriam. She opens it and finds a map to the lonely mountain and a key... and everything goes from there!!!

Just an idea...

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...
Old 08-08-2002, 07:11 PM   #368
Claenoic

I was thinking about something like this. What if this was BEFORE Miriam? I only got interested in LOTR a couple of months ago. Why not base this before I got interested? I can see it now... I'll be sitting at my front door eating gummy worms when Gandgirl pops up and makes a mark in my front door, which get me in trouble with my parents... again, just a thought.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Old 08-10-2002, 01:28 AM   #369
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

I like Claenoic's idea (no offense to Moraumer--er...I mean, Nazgul Queen! ). The first question we ask is, does Claenoic want to be Bilbo (and it sounds like she does).
If she DOES, then I think we should use her idea, because it centers around her being the one who starts out on the adventure.
If not, then Nazgul Queen's idea comes in, having Miriam as the center, I mean.
I think that made sense. *grin*

-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 08-10-2002, 06:11 AM   #370
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Yeah, Claneoilbo's idea is far better, mine was only a spur of the moment thing...

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...
Old 08-10-2002, 03:38 PM   #371
Christiana
Elf Lord

katt,email me the story please!

cawilka@hotmail.com

(Christiana Arourna Wanted In Little Known Arda)

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 08-10-2002, 06:23 PM   #372
Claenoic

Yesssss, precioussssss Claenoilbo, yes precious!

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Cheers!
Old 08-11-2002, 12:26 PM   #373
Earniel

Mmm, Claenoic's idea sounds good. I think Claenoic and Gandgirl are indeed the best to start it. Then the rest of us can just blunder in
Old 08-11-2002, 02:13 PM   #374
Christiana
Elf Lord

im thranduil,and mabye elrond if hes avalible to b played by us.

Old 08-11-2002, 02:35 PM   #375
Earniel

Perhaps it's best to wait before claiming characters until every one is back and we can actually start, just a suggestion though.
Old 08-11-2002, 07:34 PM   #376
Christiana
Elf Lord

sorry,i really dislike dwarves

Old 08-12-2002, 06:00 AM   #377
Earniel

You don't have to be a dwarf if you don't want to, that's the fun part of it. You can be just yourself or any other creature that you like throughout the RPG. Take a look at the 'Tolkien lovers anonymous': Willow played a faerie, Laurelyn never took a fellowshipcharacter and I got Sam's part but I was also a sea elf.
Old 08-14-2002, 12:13 AM   #378
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

I like Claenoic's idea too. A way we can use both ideas is if we use Claenoic's idea in response to Miriam's asking something along the lines of "How did you all get obsessed?" That way it ties in with the previous thread since we've already established the fact that we would be doing this at the next meeting. As for characters, let's just start the party and see who turns out to be who. I think Elrond is probably still being written as himself, more or less. It would be sort of odd if he was suddenly being played by one of us when last time he was himself being written by the group and getting driven crazy by us.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 08-14-2002, 09:06 AM   #379
Earniel

I wonder whether Elrond has already restocked his refrigerator... Oh wait, this is supposed to happen before my last raid in the TLA. So it still will be ful this time. mmmmmm....
Old 08-14-2002, 01:42 PM   #380
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

ooh, fully stocked kitchens! Yay!
Ah, I miss the original TLA...*sigh* So when do we start?

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Closed Thread