Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 07:33 AM   #361
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linaewen
I am so annoyed that I forgot to apply for scholarships at the university I want to go to. It's no wonder though, applications closed right before my first exam so I wasn't exactly thinking about things other than that at that point. DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT.
sorry to hear that.. what will happen now? (sorry that i seem ignorant, but we don't need to apply for scholarships..)

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 11-20-2005, 08:12 AM   #362
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdanel
sorry to hear that.. what will happen now? (sorry that i seem ignorant, but we don't need to apply for scholarships..)
Nothing will happen, I'll just miss out on the chance to possibly have all my uni expenses (which are ever-increasing) paid for me. And I probably am in with a good chance, so it was very, very stupid of me not to do it. Oh well.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:57 PM   #363
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadillo
More like life's nagging me. My brother needed the compy. That's pretty much the only thing that can get me away from the computer nowadays--someone else needing it.

VENT: I took a math test today too. Easy, because he allowed us to use our laptops. (He gave us some graphing software.) So I entered all the equasions that the test asked for into the computer, it graphed them, and then the thing promptly explodes! Well screw me! I tried to sketch the graphs from memory, but I have no hope that I passed, and now I have to figure out what on Earth happened to my laptop. Could be worse though, if I cared about math very much. I'm still mad.
awwww i soo sorry that happened that really sucks...damn comp eh? well the my bloody day isn't going as planned stupid project is going to be the death of me.. why do we hafta do planning and all this...as my teacher says " now class this unit we are going to get in touch with ourselves" I DON'T WANNA LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone

Last edited by Tessar : 11-21-2005 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Edited for language.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:03 PM   #364
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Why am I just feeling worse every day? Last night I woke up coughing and couldn't fall back asleep, and this morning I was coughing so hard that I thought I was going to throw up or pass out. I couldn't breath at a couple of points because I was coughing and gagging so much. I'm a little better now, but I'm pretty sure tomorrow isn't going to be much better than this morning..

Why at finals?! This sucks.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:22 PM   #365
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

I'm once again sick of people telling me what I should and shouldn't think, beleive, and learn.
More specifically, what I should read. I just finished Green MArs, and was going to go buy Blue MArs, and I told my grandma my plans.
"No."
"What?"
"You need to expand your area of reading."
People are so STUPID. What kind of idiotic answer is that? Thought suggestion. Once again, the target of my latest conspiracy theory. Brainwashed from childhood to resemble parents. Scary. I don't care what she says. The same day, the SAME DAY, she also outlaws my favorite type of gum, restricts what I say to Ron (the ex-mayor of Culver City I might have mentioned who just got out of the hospital with supposedly no understanding but I think it's my Grandma who doesn't understand), and halts my waving my cell phone trying to impress the ducks. (She was too late. It worked.)
I don't care. She's always chekcing up on my dad and I, and scrutinizes everythign we say. Oh, here she is on the phone now. Wait...telemarketer, never mind.
Well, I'm goign to get and read Blue Mars, no matter what. She says that you don't need to read the entire trilogy. No way I'm not going to. I learned from reading other books in between FotR and TTT, and the Mars Trilogy has about twice as many pages as LotR and skips around a lot more.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:42 PM   #366
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Do what you love, and what feels right, and what doesn't harm any one else, and the rest will follow. Or something. What's this about impressing the ducks? I say, ducks are notoriously difficult to impress. What's your secret?

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 11-20-2005, 09:56 PM   #367
trolls' bane

Your cell phone. Use it and be feared. You can make them all fly away from twenty yards, then draw them back with it.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:07 PM   #368
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Lol!! That's so funny! I can totally picture this, too, and it's a hilarious mental image! Curious and impressed ducks...

Old 11-20-2005, 10:18 PM   #369
trolls' bane

Hmm...now you got me thinking.
*duck army similar to that movie where all the birds go crazy*
Old 11-20-2005, 10:27 PM   #370
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Incidentally, there's a great travel stories book by the writer Tim Cahill called "Pecked To Death By Ducks." O.k., o.k., I'm not venting. Ah, let's see - what to vent about. You guys, I have so much s hit to vent about the list could encompass the whole damn thread, so I shall gracefully just take my ass up on out of here at this point. Complain? Does no good to complain; might as well not bother... (anybody remember that old Monty Python complaining sketch? )

Last edited by Lotesse : 11-20-2005 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:32 PM   #371
trolls' bane

George Carlin: One thing you may notice about my show is that I like to complain.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:32 AM   #372
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

quick vent: too much homework, too little time! (my fault actually, haha)

'So choose today whom you will serve..as for me and my family we wil serve the Lord.'

" Now if you were a hot dog,and you were starving,would ya eat yourself? I know I would! First I'd smother myself in brown mustard and relish..I'd be so delicious!"

It's pronounced 'Hether', not 'Heether', biznotch!
Old 11-21-2005, 01:19 PM   #373
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

VENT: homework homework homework BIG PROJECT homework. it never stops does it?

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Old 11-21-2005, 01:29 PM   #374
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

No, it doesn't stop until you stop learning.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:29 PM   #375
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
(anybody remember that old Monty Python complaining sketch? )
I remember one but I think it was about arguing - it was really funny! John Cleese was the guy - you could pay him to argue, and then he would stop when the time was up and the guy was going nuts and would try to get him to argue past the time but he wouldn't.

No real vents today, except got to drive to the dentist for my oldest son.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-21-2005, 02:36 PM   #376
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

NOW I have a vent - first day of Thanksgiving vacation, and the kids are already arguing!

(I don't know how my mom kept from killing us all! *takes a deep breath* )

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 11-21-2005, 03:24 PM   #377
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Just back from a trip in which we used Amtrak for the first time. NOW I understand why they are going bankrupt!
Old 11-21-2005, 06:28 PM   #378
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

What's Amtrak Spock? Is that a train?

R*an, I love "Argument Clinic"!

"Arguing isn't just saying 'no it isn't'."
"Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position."
"An argument is an intellectural process! Not just an automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says."
"Time's up."
"Oh come on, it was just getting interesting!"
"If you want to go on arguing, you have to pay for another five minutes."
"That was never five minutes."
"..."
"Oh come on."

Maybe you should employ some of Cleese's tactics on your kids! On second thought, maybe not.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 11-21-2005, 07:10 PM   #379
Rían

LOL! Yes, that's the one I'm talking about - just priceless!!

One time I did do something like that with the kids They had been arguing a lot in the car, and instead of saying what I usually do ("OK, no more talking for 5 minutes while we cool down, then you can ONLY start talking if it's nice"), I reversed it and said, "OK, no more talking for 5 minutes while we cool down, then you can ONLY start talking if it's really mean and cruel!" They stared at me with their mouths hanging open, then started to cry and say that they didn't want to talk mean to each other, and please could they talk nicely?

(of course, they ARE human and started arguing again after a bit, but it made a point!)

Old 11-22-2005, 12:15 AM   #380
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
What's Amtrak Spock? Is that a train?
No, it's a restaurant! (Just kidding. )
Closed Thread