Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 06:55 PM   #341
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

PC PRIMER

Q: WHAT IS P.C.?
PC stands for Politically Correct. We of the Politically Correct philosophy believe in increasing a tolerance for a DIVERSITY of cultures, race, gender, ideology and alternate lifestyles. Political Correctness is the only social and morally acceptable outlook. Anyone who disagrees with this philosophy is bigoted, biased, sexist, and/or closed-minded.

Q: WHY SHOULD I BE PC?

Being PC is fun. PCism is not just an attitude, it is a way of life! PC offers the satisfaction of knowing that you are undoing the social evils of centuries of oppression.

Q: I AM A WHITE MALE. CAN I STILL BE PC?
Sure. You just have to feel very guilty.

Q: WHY?
If you are a white male, your ancestors were responsible for practically every injustice in the world- slavery, war, genocide and plaid sportscoats. That means that YOU are partially responsible for these atrocities. Now it is time to balance the scales of justice for the descendants of those individuals whose ancestors your ancestors pushed down.

Q: HOW?

It's simple. You've got to be careful what you say, what you think, and what you do. You just don't want to offend anyone.

Q: YOU MEAN I SHOULD GUARD AGAINST OFFENDING ANYONE?
That's right. Being offensive is destructive, and will not make the world a harmonious utopia, like in John Lennon's IMAGINE.

Q: HOW ELSE CAN I BE PC?
Oh, there are lots of ways. For example, why buy regular ice cream when you can buy "Rain Forest Crunch?" Segrega..whoops..separate all of your garbage into different containers: glass, metal, white paper, blue paper, plastic, etc. Make sure that all your make-up has not been tested on animals. Try to find at least sixty ways to use your water; when you take a shower, brush your teeth at the same time. Then don't let the water go down the drain, use it to irrigate your lawn. Or better yet, replace your lawn with a vegetable garden. Don't use aerosol. And by all means, don't burn or deface our flag. Remember, as a citizen of Canada, your living in God's country.

If you are fortunate enough to know your ethnic heritage, dress the part! Don't do drugs. You should listen to at least one of the following PC musicians: U2, REM, Sinead O'Connor, Sting, or KD Lang.

Harrass people who wear fur coats. Remind them that an innocent baby seal was mercilessly clubbed. Or just yell, "FUR." They hate that. And don't EVER eat meat.

Q: DON'T EAT MEAT? WHY NOT?!
Cows are animals, just like humans are animals. That means that they have rights. When you eat meat, you're oppressing animals!

Q: SO ALL KILLING IS BAD?
No, not always. Sometimes killing can be justified, like in the Persian Gulf. You have to be able to tell when an animal has rights, and when it doesn't.

Q: HOW DO I KNOW WHEN AN ANIMAL HAS RIGHTS?
The general rule is as follows:

IF AN ANIMAL IS RARE, PRETTY, BIG, CUTE, FURRY, HUGGABLE, OR LOVABLE, THEN IT HAS RIGHTS.

Examine the following chart:
Code:
      RIGHTS                       NO RIGHTS
     --------                     -----------
      cows                         cockroaches
      cute bunnies                 flies
      dolphins in tuna nets        tuna in tuna nets
      whales                       sharks
      red squirrels                gray squirrels
      owls                         loggers
      harbor seals                 barnacles
Q: WOW. WHAT ELSE CAN I DO TO BE PC?
Hug a tree. Rejoice each day in our cultural differences, for they are what gives flavour to our great country. Get in touch with your sexual identity. Check your refrigerator for freon leaks. Subscribe to National Geographic. Search it for neat non-Western cultural traditions and costumes. After you read it, use the paper as an alternate fuel source.

Q: I'M NOT SURE ABOUT ALL OF THIS.
If you are feeling unsure about your motivation, just remember. YOU ARE RIGHT. It's that simple. You are right.

Q: HOW DO I KNOW IF AN ACTION IS UN-PC?
Good question. It's important to know when someone is saying something insensitive so that you can have that person removed from society. The guideline is as follows:

Is the confrontation between two white people? Yes -> The liberal is right. No -> The white person is oppressing the ethnic person.

Remember, many seemingly obvious issues, such as the railroading of Mayor Marion Barry, the Clarence Thomas issue, and the Saint Mary's University Carribean Society shut-down are really race issues.

Q: HOW DO I KNOW IF AN ACTION IS UN-PC?
Good question. It's important to know when someone is saying something insensitive so that you can have that person removed from society. The guideline is as follows:

Is the confrontation between two white people? Yes -> The liberal is right. No -> The white person is oppressing the ethnic person.

Remember, many seemingly obvious issues, such as the railroading of Mayor Marion Barry, the Clarence Thomas issue, and the Saint Mary's University Carribean Society shut-down are really race issues.

Here's a fun practice drill for you: See how many newspaper articles you can make into race bias stories. It's fun! Some PCers are so good they can make the weather report look like a KKK pamphlet!

Q: WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I SEE SOMEONE DO SOMETHING NON-PC?
It all depends on the situation. If you are not in a position of authority, by all means report this activity immediately to whomever is in charge. If your school leader, employer, or superior is hip to the trend of the 90s, she or he will take the necessary steps to have the insensitive offender disciplined.

Q: BUT ISN'T THAT CENSORSHIP?
The Constitution never meant for racism, sexism and insensitivity to be espoused by anyone. That's not what free speech is about. Some call it censorship. PCers call it "selective" speech. Saying something negative about a particular race or gender is just as damaging as, say, punching them in the face. We just can't allow that kind of verbal assault.

Q: I'VE HEARD A LOT ABOUT PC WORDS TO REPLACE "BLACK," "INDIAN." ETC.
Yes. That's part of the PC movement. You see, part of the way we think about people comes directly from the words we use to describe them. Take "black" for instance. Why should a person be judged by the color of their skin?

Q: YOU MEAN THEY SHOULD RATHER BE JUDGED BY THE CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER?
No, I mean they should be judged by where their ancestors are from. If your great grandparents are from Africa, or Asia, or wherever, then you should be identified by that fact. You can even apply for special scholarships!

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-22-2004, 06:57 PM   #342
jerseydevil

continued...

Q: I'M A MIXTURE OF FRENCH, GERMAN, ENGLISH, AND RUSSIAN. CAN I GET ONE?
No, there are none offered to white males however, if you are a women ...oops... womyn, there should be plenty.

Q HEY, WOULDN'T A WHITE PERSON FROM LIBYA OR EGYPT TECHNICALLY BE AN AFRICAN-CANADIAN?
Technically, yes. But that's not the kind of African-Canadian we mean. That is, we're REALLY talking about skin color, but we're pretending that we aren't. Another example: A white South-African immigrant is not an African-Canadian or either.

Q: HOW CAN I LEARN TO MAKE MY LANGUAGE MORE POLITICALLY CORRECT?
For more help, see the PC LEXICON at the end of the handbook.

Q: I'D LIKE MY CHILD TO BE PC. WHAT CAN I DO?
Well, for one thing, we should forcibly encourage students to volunteer their time with philanthropies. Also, we should re-emphasize non-Western perspectives on history. Finally, we should re-structure tests and quizzes to reflect cultural biases.

Q: I DON'T GET IT.
Well, the way the system works now, "select" under-represented minorities who tend to do worse on entrance tests have lower standards of admissions at school and work and receive preferential treatment. This is unfair and wrong.

Q: IT IS?
Yes. The truly PC way to do it is to have a different grading scale for different groups which gives or subtracts points from the final score, depending on who is taking the test. If you are white, then you have been benefited by society during your life. That means that you lose ten to fifteen points to make the test fair to everyone else.

Q: I GUESS THAT SOUNDS RIGHT.
It IS right. That's the beauty of PC.

Q: WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO BE CAREFUL OF?
Humor. PC people take every comment VERY seriously. We will not accept any comment, joke, remark, or anything that sounds like it could be a racial slur.

Q: GIVE ME AN EXAMPLE.
"What's black and white and red all over?" has been staple humor for decades. Not PC---it can be taken the wrong way.

In every day speech, try to use phrases like, "Isn't that the pot calling the kettle African-Canadian." Any racial jokes or jokes even mentioning culture or gender should be omitted. True, this mostly limits comedy to the level of sitcoms, but that's the price you pay for social equality.

Q: IS THAT ALL THERE IS TO IT?
Yes. The Politically Correct belief is essentially a recognition that people are diversely equal. We rejoice in this equality by treating people differently based on their equal individuality. Hop aboard the bandwagon... Be PC. Or you're an intolerant, racist, sexist insensitive pig.

PC LEXICON

"Insensitive Term" "Preferred Term"

-> ETHNICITY <-

(PC people do not recognize the term, "race," as valid)

Black - African-Canadian (NOTE: DOES NOT INCLUDE LIBYANS, EGYPTIONS, WHITE S-AFRICANS. DOES INCLUDE PEOPLE WITH DARK SKIN REGARDLESS OF WHERE THEY ARE FROM OR WHERE THEY LIVE.)

Oriental - Asian-Canadian (NOTE: NOT CONSIDERED "REAL" MINORITIES SINCE THEY TEND TO DO WELL)

Indian - Native-Canadian (NOTE: THE FOLLOWING TEAMS ARE NOT PC: Atlanta Braves Cleveland Indians Kansas City Chiefs Washington Redskins AVOID THESE CITIES!!!)

Chicano - Hispanic (NOTE: THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT PC: Cheech and Chong Chico and the Man episodes Cisco Kid Rosarita Salsa Speedy Gonzales AVOID! AVOID!)

White Trash - PC Unaware Rustically Inclined WASP (white male) - Insensitive Cultural Oppressor (ICO)

-> GENDER <-

(PC people don't like the word "sex" as it has confusing connotations)

Woman - Womyn, Vaginal-Canadian

Girl - Pre-Womyn

Housewife - Domestic Engineer

Fireman - Firefighter

Stewardess - Flight Attendant

Meter Maid - Parking Enforcement Aduciator

Post Man - Post Person

Mail Man - Person Person

Policeman - Law Enforcement Officer Baton Boy Cal. Clubber

Prostitute - Sex Surrogate (Teen Victim. See: Broken Home)

Mankind, Human - Earth Children

-> PEOPLE : SUB-GROUPS <-

Handicapped - Physically Challenged Differently Abled Handi-Capable

Blind - Optically Darker Photonically Non-receptive

Deaf - Visually Oriented

Poor - Economically Unprepared

Bum - Homeless Person Displaced Homeowner Philosophy Major

Hunter - Animal Assassin Meat Mercenary Bambi Butcher

Whaler - Blubber Lovers

Old Person / Elderly - 4th-Dimentionally Extended Gerontologically Advanced

Conservative - Right Wing Extremist Fascist Pig

Drug Addict - Chemically Challenged

Bald - Comb-Free

Bisexual - Sexually Non-preferential

Midget, Dwarf - Little People Vertically Challenged

Convict - Socially Separated

Insane People - Selectively Perceptive Mental Explorers

(person with) (person with) Learning Disability - Self-Paced Cognitive Ability

Tree-Hugger - Environmental Activist

Logger - Wood Weasel Paper Pirate Treeslayer

Dead People - Dysfunctional Earth Children Biologically Challenged Metaphysically Challenged
-> MISCELLANEOUS <-

Broken Home - Dysfunctional Family

HouseBroken - Family Disfunction

Cattle Ranch - Cattle Concentration Camp (CCC) "Moo-shwitz"

Senile Bag o' Bones - Alzheimer's Victim

Ghetto/Barrio - (EHA) Ethnically Homogenous Area Pre-Integrated Pre-Nirvana

Hamburger - Seared Mutilated Animal Flesh (SMAF)

Cheeseburger - Adding Insult to Injury

Cheating (in School) - Academic Dishonesty

Used Books - Recycled Books

Trees - Oxygen Exchange Units

Gang - Youth Group

Pimp-mobile, Low-rider - Culturally Responsive Transportation Option

Drunk/Trashed - Spatially Perplexed

Slum - (EOZ) Economic Oppression Zone

Delicatessen - Corpse Farm Charnel House

Obese - People of Mass Gravitationally Challenged

-------------------------------------------------
I love this one - "Here's a fun practice drill for you: See how many newspaper articles you can make into race bias stories. It's fun! Some PCers are so good they can make the weather report look like a KKK pamphlet!"

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-22-2004, 07:08 PM   #343
jerseydevil

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

If there's one concept that has come to burn my butt over the past decade, it is "political correctness" or "PC". Those who support it claim that it promotes sensitivity for whatever issue they are pushing. Those of us with functioning minds understand that PC is nothing more than altering, manipulating, and mangling language to avoid simple and truthful descriptions of those same issues.

The silliness of PC comes from the fact that the issue itself doesn't change no matter what sort of language you use to describe it. For example, a person still can't see whether one calls him "blind" or "visually challenged". He can't hear any better if he is sensitively referred to as "hearing impaired" than he can if he is simply "deaf". And, "little people" are no taller than "dwarfs" or "midgets".

The nonsense continues with the terminology used to describe the racial and/or ethnic classifications of people. Now, we must call one group "Native Americans" instead of "Indians" (actually, we really should refer to them by their proper tribal ancestries). PC declares that we lump all non-White Americans into the abomination "People of Color" (as if "white" is not a color).

Then, of course, there's the continually changing way that Black Americans are supposed to be collectively referred to. This has culminated in the logically (and, perhaps, linguistically) ridiculous "African-Americans". Consider, my ancestry in Norwegian and I am the third-generation of my family to have been in the United States. I am not referred to as a "Norwegian-American".

Most American Blacks are five or more generations removed from their African ancestries, yet PC requires us to call them "African-Americans". Also, this doesn't refer to the whole of Africa. After all, Americans who descend from white or Arab ancestors in South Africa or Egypt are not "African-Americans".

One terrific example of what PC can do to language was presented by George Carlin in his hilarious book, "Brain Droppings". He says,"Seems to me it wasn't long ago that when an OLD PERSON DIED the UNDERTAKER put him in a COFFIN, and you sent FLOWERS to the FUNERAL HOME where the MORTICIAN held the WAKE. Then, after the FUNERAL, the put him in a HEARSE and DROVE him to the CEMETERY, where the BURIED his BODY in a GRAVE.

"Now when a SENIOR CITIZEN PASSES AWAY, he is placed in a BURIAL CONTAINER, and you send FLORAL TRIBUTES to the SLUMBER ROOM where the GRIEF THERAPIST supervises the VIEWING. After the MEMORIAL SERVICE, the FUNERAL COACH TRANSPORTS THE DEPARTED to the GARDEN OF REMEMBRANCE, where his EARTHLY REMAINS are INTERRED in the FINAL RESTING PLACE."

Now, are the two situations any different in reality? The guy is just as dead. The survivors are just as sad. The only difference is that the process costs a whole lot more now.

We've gone from "shell shock" to "battle fatigue" to "post-traumatic stress disorder". Instead of "toilet paper", we now use "bathroom tissue". People no longer have "mental problems", they have "psychological disorders". Today's workers don't get "fired", they get "laid off" or "downsized". Kids aren't "stupid" or "dull" or lazy" these days, they now have "learning disabilities" or "Attention Deficit Disorder". The "garbage man" is now a "Sanitation Engineer". People are no longer incapable of "taking it", they suffer from "stress-induced emotional trauma". You used to work out at the gym with a coach. No more! Now, you "train at the health and fitness center under the supervision of a personal trainer". And on and on and on...it's almost enough to make you puke. Or, would that be "to engage in an involuntary oral ejection of stomach contents"?

But, this isn't the end of it. In addition to the bastardization of our perfectly serviceable language, the PC Police have introduced a new concept -- "being offended". How many times have you heard some mental midget (excuse me, some intellectually-challenged individual) claim to be "offended" simply because somebody didn't use PC language to refer to something? It seems as though you can barely open your mouth these days without "offending" somebody for some reason. I look at it this way -- if I'm going to be offending somebody anyway, I might just as well speak precisely. At least there won't be any question about what is making that person mad. Some people spend so much time and energy complaining about being offended that they never get around to solving whatever the original problem might have been. As far as I'm concerned, if they're not a part of the solution, they're a part of the problem -- and Political Correctness is definitely no solution.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-22-2004, 07:09 PM   #344
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

I said: "He didn't say you conservatives are using our tactics. He said you are using the tactics that you accuse us of using. It's not that subtle a difference."

inked replied: "I believe that is known as a "distinction without a difference" in the lexicon of liberal subtlety..."

No sir, there is a huge difference. Do you really need it explained or are you feigning ingnorance to avoid addressing the fact?

OK, I will assume you are not being disingenuous.

Victim status:
Conservatives accuse us liberals of seeking victim status when we are not being victimized. We don't. We are not victims. We are fighters. Most of us are white. Most of the former enlisted men and women are democrats and liberals. We are defending the Constitution of the United States as we swore that we would. What we are doing was once called noblesse oblige. We see SOMEONE ELSE who is downtrodden and we defend them. We hold that the chain is only as strong as the weakest link. People who put business before their fellow man wouldn't understand.

However, in this case you ARE seeking victim status and you ARE NOT being victimized. Happy Holidays INCLUDES your religion as well as mine. Seasons Greetings INCLUDES your season as well as mine. But Merry Christmas EXCLUDES some people. So your claim to victim status is utterly false.

The psychological syndrome is called transference. An abuser almost always blames his victim for the crime. The abuser has all the power, yet whines like a stuck pig when caught. The man who runs a traffic light says the cop is out to get him.

When Jesus said you'd be blessed if people persecuted you in His name, it didn't mean to put on a public display of persecution at the slightest hint that you might not get to force other people to practice your religion.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:19 PM   #345
jerseydevil

POLITICAL IDIOTNESS

This article has been freely translated from the article written in French : "Politiquement Crétin."

In his science fiction novel "1984", George Orwell layed the foundations of a new language. The Novlangue, as he called it aimed at restraining people's freedom to think by suppressing words such as freedom, liberty or democracy. Therefore, officials in Big Brother services could only express "proper ideas" as automatically as a machine gun. The present situation in the US and to a certain extent in France could remind us of the terrifying vision depicted by Orwell fifty years ago at the aftermath of the World War.

A new witch hunting has been engaged on American campuses but also in many French intitutions. During the 50', MarCarthy hunted down communists through every American institution. Actor Ronald Reagan himself had been suspected to share common values with marxists. Today, the roles have been inverted and those who were suspected in the past now hold the reins of this new conservative shooting. Political Correctness, as this new vague has been called, has conducted campaigns against three major targets : vocabular, history and education. We will examine these successiveley so we can measure the effects of Political Correctness on them.

A new dictionary is necessary

Let us start with what we are constantly in contact with : vocabulary. Indeed, according to Political Correctness maniacs, vocabular has been created by male, racist and sexist whites. Supporters of Political Correctness believe the constant use of some words infers a cruel inferiority complex. That reveals the ideology underneath Political Correctness as we will soon analyze it. If one follows those arguments, one understands that it is necessary to remove this so-called "crushing" vocabular from our language. A new dictionary should help us avoid coarse mistakes. Let me remind you that a simple mistake would certainly lead to an action brought before a judge.

Let us speak no more of "chairman", a word offending the ears of Political Correctness adepts. Let us rather talk about about a "chairperson". The word "woman" is also surely sexist. Nevermind, just use the term"womyn", so much more neutral and safe !

France is saddly not spared by this wave coming from the US. Illegal aliens have been renamed recently. We should now speak of "without IDs" ("sans papiers"). Anything that could remind us that illegal alien are not allowed to stay in France would be considered as racist. "Without ID's is more objective : aliens maybe lost their passports at the airport. The media are broadcasting this deceiptive egalitarian fever. The vocabular we constantly use has become completely sterile, either in the political field than in the cultural one (just look at the endless speeches we have to listen to about "womanizing" political terms).

Rewriting history
History has not remained safe from this Political Correctness plague. School curriculums are one of the first targets for a vast attempt of imposing a re-written history to our children. American minorities think that the actual vision is much to European centered and leaves aside major historical events. Thus, Blacks would be the creators of our civilization. Cleopatra was black says black author Cheikh Anta Diop. Besides. Blacks have discovered America floating on rafts, following the currents of the ocean. That speech has been widespread by some political science professors in French universities.

Nonetheless, Blacks do not have the monopoly in re-writing history. Now, feminists are trying to free themselves from the "male tyranny". The "female Rights Declaration", written in 1792 by Olympe de Gouge (who died decapitated) has been pulled out of a dusty box to be spread on Political Correctness campuses.

Reforming our youth through education
Finally, education is the center point of the greatest attention. It should be our first duty to completely reform not only teaching methods but also programs. Doesn't this attraction towards education remind you of totalitarian regimes? Their more powerfull and long term oriented influence on the people they oppressed was embodied by the control exerted on children's education. France has not been left behind this time and can be proud of the Saint Denis University, which was created right after the 1968 events. Professors teach how to "tag" on the walls of the university. Shakespeare, a symbol of white education and the most famous author in the world is read, interpreted, modernized and rapped.

The key to succes for this new education is students should "feel good". One should not "humiliate " them by giving them grades or ranking them. So called "new schools" are created and forbid grades. Thomas Sowell, a Black academic at the Hoover Institute has observed that the grades given to the students are far higher than they were 20 years ago, even though global knowledge hasn't improved! "A's" are countless, far too much in his eyes.

Schools should also take into account the specificity of every individual. But that represents a highway for a shattered education. Homosexual schools are bourgeoning all over the US such as the Harvey Milk in New York. Aren't traditional schools efficient enough to integrate them in our society ? Blacks students ask for segregated institution. Women will soon want separated schools. The policies led in the United States aiming at disegregating education is now rejected by the same people who pushed the governenment to change its policy in the 50's. Would Coming back in time be considered as a great improvement ?

The reactions of the minorities towards the efforts of the defensors of Political Correctness is yet contrasted. According to a Whashington Post and ABC poll published in 1991, 66% of the Blacks prefered to be refered to as "Blacks" rather than "Afro Americans". The efficiency of the politics led for 30 years are also put into question. For a few years now, voters have voted for the abolishment of certain rules with perverted side effects.

Nevertheless, the Political Correctness revolution is still mediatized. American traditional values are attacked one after another. Leftist professors try to impose their ideas to the youth. One should keep in mind that in the United States, young people study hundreds of miles away from their homes and are therefore more influencable. The freedom of thinking is slowly deconstructed by these terrorist ideologues.

The United States remains the most powerful nation as far as economics is concerned. Nevertheless, this domination might be questioned not by the Asian civilization as we could think but by its domestic enemies. WASP values are shaterring. Waps created the United States on some basic values that derive from Protestant religion as work, family and saving. Today these values are replaced by some negative values : scattered families put down the idea of family; the feel good virtue anihilates the virtue of a reward for a work done. A jigsawed society is coming together before our eyes with the help of the Political Correctness representants. More dangerous, the cohesion of our societies is weakened. The hostilities are now opened on campuses. But let us wait for its consequences on economics. Asia seems to be dangerous. What a mistake ! The enemy has infiltrated without making any noises. Consequences will be all the more desastrous.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 12-22-2004 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:32 PM   #346
jerseydevil

Political Correctness: The Real Devil's Dictionary
by Howard Young

I do not remember exactly when I first heard the terms "politically correct" and "political correctness." It was probably about ten years ago, c.1990. What I do remember is thinking, "What in the heck is that?" At first I assumed they were terms from a government glossary of some sort to ensure the proper use of governmental jargon. It was only as these terms were used more and more in the media that I began to question what it was they meant. It didn't take too long for their correct definition to become apparent to me. They mean propaganda, abrogation of the First Amendment, and manipulation of public opinion (mass brainwashing).

The concept of political correctness was brought to my attention years earlier, however. In high school we were required to read 1984 by George Orwell (the pen name for Englishman Eric Blair). Being born in 1941, I was raised to believe propaganda was the sole work of the Axis devils. It was only later that I learned we "good guys" use propaganda too. After reading 1984, I began to understand how controlling thought and language could be used for the ultimate control of mankind. I've been a skeptic ever since.

Orwell's warning novel introduced me to terms such as "Big Brother," "Newspeak," and "Doublethink." These terms were precursors of the large centralized government we are now experiencing. The manipulation of language, and ultimately thought, now used by the government and its media supporters, is resulting in the corruption of the general populace. Our brainwashed citizens are beginning to view hypocrisy as truth.

My original intent regarding this paper was to write something light and mocking about how ridiculous Political Correctness is. Once I did a bit of research, however, the tone changed to something more serious.

Being a believer in plain speaking, I turn to the dictionary as a starting point to understand the meaning of political correctness. Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary defines "political" as: Of or relating to government, a government, or the conduct of a government. Of, relating to, or concerned with the making as distinguished from the administration of government policy. Of, relating to, or involving politics, especially party politics.

These definitions are rather sterile so I turned to Modern Political Analysis, Fifth Edition by Robert A. Dahl for definitions that better reflected the real world. Dahl believes that all human relationships are political and politics, therefore, is inescapable, as are its consequences. My experience bears this out.

Ever since Aristotle argued that the central factor in politics is the authority of one over another, that idea has been generally accepted. Dahl, by extension, then offers a definition of a political system as:"Any persistent pattern of human relationships that involves, to a significant extent, control, influence, power, or authority (Dahl 2-4). It is clear that politics involves influencing others by any means available. It is the art of bending others to your will, either through peaceful negotiation or persuasion, or through violence as necessary (an extension of diplomacy).

Webster's also defines "correct" or "correctness" as: To make or set right: amend, counteract, neutralize. To alter or adjust so as to bring to some standard or required condition. Conforming to an approved or conventional standard. Conforming to or agreeing with fact, logic, or known truth. These definitions imply that "correct" is freedom from fault or error; a fidelity to fact or truth.

If one accepts that politics is the influencing of others to one's point of view, then "politically correct language" must mean language that conforms to a predetermined political meaning. It is not necessarily "correct" in the dictionary sense of being factual, but is correct only in the sense that it agrees with the predetermined position of those in authority. I cannot remember anytime [any time] during my life when propaganda, spin, and language manipulation have been used to influence the opinion of the American public to the extent they have been used during the Clinton administration.

One last definition of Political Correctness comes from the The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Politics (379): "Term, originally derisive, but accepted by some of its targets, for an influential movement on US campuses beginning in the late 1980's. Appealing to the principle of affirmative action and to various understandings of 'multiculturalism', the movement for political correctness sought changes in undergraduate curricula to emphasize the roles of women, non-white people, and homosexuals in history and culture, and attacked the domination of 'Western' culture by dead white European males. It promoted anti-sexist and anti-racist speech and behavior codes, which opponents denounced as illiberal."

It is not just the government that manipulates language. Most special interest groups manipulate public opinion to the maximum extent possible. With the assistance of lobbyists, public relations professionals, and the media, most so-called information that is provided to the public is not factual but editorial.

Political Correctness is also used extensively by liberal special interest groups so they can be "offended." Once offended by language or behavior deemed by them to be incorrect, they then lobby for legislation to prohibit such language or behavior. These are generally the professional "nannies" who feel their view of the world is the one and only true social order. These "elitists" love government and regulation primarily, I think, not only because they are Socialists, but also because excessive regulations lower the competitive standards of a capitalistic society to a level almost everyone can meet. Without the lowered standards of the group, they could not be as empowered as they seek to be. What they really want is a lower, one size fits all, standard for a socialistic society. Free enterprise and capitalism is too tough for them, and an educated populace would not accept the totalitarian rule that will surely follow.

continued...

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-22-2004, 07:33 PM   #347
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

JD, you're spamming!
Old 12-22-2004, 07:33 PM   #348
jerseydevil

continued...

When I grew up, in the 1940's and 1950's, the United States seemed to be a generally rational place. After World War Two our homes and neighborhoods were safe. The schools were safe and were doing their job of teaching. Women acted like, and were treated like, ladies, and men tried to act like gentlemen. Most children had two parents, and the entire family could attend entertainment without parental concern.

Fast-forward about fifty years to 1999. More and more neighborhoods are unsafe. Window bars and alarms abound. The government schools are equipped with metal detectors and staffed with guards. Illegal narcotics are readily available, and little Johnny and Jane arrive home to tell their mother that it's normal and good to have two daddies. Television is becoming overrun with sleaze.

On the job referring to "the little lady," smoking, or referring to "Negroes" will result in a severe dressing down at best, and possibly, termination. Humor is fast disappearing from the American personality as the slightest offense taken can, and usually will, result in severe sanctions.

I can remember going shopping with my mother as a child. She would always dress up, and so would we (unwillingly, I admit). My grandmother would take us to San Francisco several times a year. She was always turned out in her finest, and what I really remember are the white gloves she wore, as did almost every other woman you saw. Now, if a woman dresses formally to go shopping, she is the rare exception.

If one could have returned to 1950 with this description of the future the reaction would be horror and shock. How could our nation decay and degenerate so quickly toward being a third world country in only fifty years?

Why is this happening? The origins are 19th century German socialist philosophers who developed an ideology which resulted in the Communist Manifesto written by Karl Marx in 1848. This totalitarian and socialist ideology not only spawned Stalinist Russia, but also had a heavy influence in Fascist Germany and Italy, and in Red China. There was very little difference between the ideologies of Nazi Germany and Communist Russia. The real struggle between them was for power and territory. The ideology of Communism was (is?) so strong in Russia that it is estimated it will take the Russian Confederation at least two generations to adapt to capitalism.

Communism (Marxism) takes two forms. Classical Marxism is economic in nature. As classical Marxism has ostensibly failed in Russia, it has lost credibility.

Therefore, those who want to promote Marxism in the United States have turned to the second form, Cultural Marxism. Cultural Marxism is known in the United States by another term, Political Correctness.

Marxist ideology, combined with Fascism and linguistics (Goebbels' "Big Lie") resulted in "deconstruction" of language. This is, in effect, Newspeak straight from 1984.

Political Correctness in the United States is considered by many to be somewhat of a joke. This would be true if it were not so serious. Those currently in power in the US are applying Political Correctness in every way possible to change forever the basic character of our country. Political Correctness is attempting to change the rules we live under. It is attempting to change all of our relationships between people, institutions, and organizations. It is attempting to change our behavior and our value system. If those in power can control our words, control of our thoughts is not far behind.

There are several clear parallels between the classical Economic Marxism and its variant, Cultural Marxism (Political Correctness). Both share the vision of a classless society of equal opportunity combined with equal results and benefits for all. This "vision" contradicts human nature, as people always end up unequal, regardless of their starting point. This "vision" fails as it disregards the profit incentive for hard work and self-betterment. Society will never accept this limitation unless forced.

Both versions of Marxism are forced. Both are totalitarian ideologies. Through the near take-over of colleges in the US, both versions seek to control freedom of speech, thought, action and the press to the extent possible. The Politically Correct Marxist education of several generations of Americans is producing a population of generally mindless, docile "sheeple" incapable of independent, critical thought. The stage will be set for a New World Order in the form of the United Nations.

Both versions of Marxism have single-factor explanations of history. In classical Economic Marxism the ownership of the means of production explains all history. In Cultural Marxism history is explained by which groups (sex/gender, race, poor, rich, religious, "the children") have power over other groups.

Another similarity is that both variants declare certain groups virtuous and other groups evil without consideration of the actual behavior of individuals within a group. Economic Marxism defines workers and peasants as good and the middle class and other owners of capital as evil. Political Correctness defines blacks, Hispanics, Feminist women, homosexuals, and other minority groups as virtuous and white men as evil. Blacks who are not Politically Correct are considered as being white, and non-feminist women are not recognized at all. They are simply tools of evil.

A fourth parallel is the means of Marxism. Economic Marxism, when in power, expropriates the property of the middle-class, and gives it to the state which is the representative of the workers. Cultural Marxism, when in power, will penalize white men and others who disagree with politically correct thought and action. Privileges are given to favored groups. Examples are affirmative action, open borders, excessive welfare, hate crime legislation, and a general disregard for the Constitution unless it suits the purposes of those in control. The unconstitutional use of Executive Orders is highly favored by the current administration.

Both forms of Marxism employ a method of analysis specifically designed to show the correctness of their ideology in every situation. For Classical Marxism the analysis is economic. For Cultural Marxism the analysis is linguistic and deconstruction of language. Deconstruction "proves" that any text, past or present, illustrates the oppression of favored groups by reading that meaning into the words of the text regardless of their non-political (dictionary) meaning. This is exactly the use of "Newspeak" and "Doublethink" in 1984. Both are phony analyses that twist the so-called evidence to fit the pre-conceived conclusions desired by those in power. However, because of the formalized structure of the twisted logic, a certain legitimate air is given to the ideology.

The parallels discussed above are not coincidental. They exist because Political Correctness derives directly from Marxism. Since the mid-1800's, Economic Marxism overshadowed Cultural Marxism. Today, with the fall of the Soviets, and Economic Marxism almost totally discredited, Political Correctness has taken its place. Its goal is the same, a society of radical egalitarianism enforced by the state.

Having heavily influenced both major political parties in the US, Political Correctness appears to have grown into an unstoppable monster. Countless governmental laws and regulations enforce it. It almost totally controls the entertainment industry. It permeates government (public) schools and higher education. It has strong influence in many Christian churches. Conformity to the god of "PC'ism" is necessary if one hopes to be accepted into or remain in the Establishment.

continued...

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-22-2004, 07:35 PM   #349
jerseydevil

continued...

The vital question, in my mind, is: How can America combat Political Correctness and take back the US from the Cultural Marxists? It is inadequate just to criticize Political Correctness, as it is willing to accept a certain amount of criticism to disarm its opponents, and to seem less menacing. The proponents of Political Correctness are too wily and wise to reveal their totalitarian goal until they think full victory has been achieved.

Those of us who oppose Marxism must defy Political Correctness. We must use so-called forbidden words, phrases, and thoughts, and reject what is deemed appropriate thought, speech, and behavior by the current Establishment. We must voice reality, unpleasant facts, and the truth. Our behavior must reflect the best of America's former culture of some fifty-odd years ago.

Defiance feeds upon itself. When others see Political Correctness defied with success, they will become emboldened to do the same. Open defiance is Political Correctness's chief vulnerability. We cultural conservatives must defy it at every opportunity. The truth, plain spoken, is the American way.

Very few Americans appreciate Political Correctness for what it is, Marxism disguised. As that truth spreads, so will defiance. With education, defiance will spread. Presently, Political Correctness prospers by disguising itself. Through defiance and education, Political Correctness can be revealed for what it is. It will no longer be able to hide beneath its camouflage of "sensitivity" (do not disagree with me or I'll be offended), "tolerance" (this word means to endure, not to embrace or accept), and "diversity" (as in "Balkanize," rather than a population of individuals bound together by a common American culture and language).

Initially, I was going to lard this paper with as many examples of Politically Correct foolishness as I could assemble. I will close with only one of my favorites: "Stop the slaughter! Boycott babyoil."

Works Cited:

Ball, Jeri Lynn. "The Great Communitarian Hoax." The Resister, Vol.V, No.1 (Winter, 999): 57-69.

Dahl, Robert A. Modern Political Analysis, Fifth Edition. Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice Hall, 1991.

Horowitz, David. Marx's Manifesto:150 years of evil. Los Angeles, California: Center for the Study of Popular Culture, 1998.

Lind, William S. "What Is Political Correctness?" The Resister, Vol. IV, No. 3 (Spring 1998): 66-68.

Marx, Karl. The Communist Manifesto. Appleton, Wisconsin: The John Birch Society, 1974.

McLean, Iain. The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Politics. Oxford, New York: Oxford University Press, 1996.

Webster's Ninth New Collegate Dictionary. Springfield, Massachusetts:1987ed.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-22-2004, 07:36 PM   #350
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfhelm
JD, you're spamming!
No I'm not. I'm posting things that are relevent to the discussion.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-22-2004, 08:11 PM   #351
inked
Elf Lord

Elfhelm,
"When Jesus said you'd be blessed if people persecuted you in His name, it didn't mean to put on a public display of persecution at the slightest hint that you might not get to force other people to practice your religion."

But, obviously, He meant it if they didn't practice liberal politics, eh ?

Liberals never whine - all that post-election crapola aside, of course - they are always identifying with the weakest link, if I read you correctly. Since they so desire the promotion of evolution in all aspects of society, why not just let nature take its course with those weakest links? No, wait, that's a TV show with a mean non-liberal female antagonist as hostess and executioner ... aarrggghhhh! I'm !
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
Old 12-22-2004, 08:13 PM   #352
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

You posted articles by five people who say what you want. Shall I go find 5 people who say what I want? Shall we have a competition to see who can post collaborating opinions faster? I think not. That's spamming.

Millions of people agree with you. That doesn't make you right.

I say people who whine about "political correctness" are making excuses to be impolite. Even if nobody agreed with me, I would say that. So why bother spamming? I suspect you are trying to shout me down. But almost nobody agrees with me.

I refuse to read all those people who agree with you and disagree with me. It proves nothing. The number of opinions either way was not the question here.

The question was, as you, JD, first stated when you brought this topic back up, IS THE PRINCIPAL OF THAT SCHOOL BEING FALSELY ACCUSED?

And the question inked raised was basically, ARE CHRISTIANS PERSECUTED WHEN SHOPS DON'T SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS?

What other question was raised and how is spamming the thread with non-Mooter's opinions of use to anyone?
Old 12-22-2004, 08:21 PM   #353
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by inked
Elfhelm,
"When Jesus said you'd be blessed if people persecuted you in His name, it didn't mean to put on a public display of persecution at the slightest hint that you might not get to force other people to practice your religion."

But, obviously, He meant it if they didn't practice liberal politics, eh ?
LOL! No, he obviously said that we are supposed to defend the weak, which we liberals do. Liberal politics can be clearly seen throughout Jesus' teachings. The fact that I study other prophets aside, I am certain the reason I am a Liberal is because I was raised on Jesus. So, yes, we Liberals are blessed when we are peacemakers, admitted into heaven when we care for the least of our brethren (the weakest links), and encouraged to love our neighbors, not just use them for profit.

inked, do you not agree that it is far worse that CHristmas has been so crassly commercialized than to complain that your particular faith isn't mentioned in the shop windows?
Old 12-22-2004, 08:26 PM   #354
inked
Elf Lord

Frankly, Elfhelm, I do those same things but I am of the teach a man to fish school as opposed to give him one fish, myself!

Seriously, the crass commercialization of Christmas is, in the proper approach, an evangelistic tool. Persons who have never met the Incarnate Word are more approachable in the spirit of the season and more receptive!
Not that one need EVER take a howitzer where an idea will do! All praise to our Christian forebears who co-opted Sol Invictus' celebration for CHRISTUS VICTOR!
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
Old 12-22-2004, 08:44 PM   #355
jerseydevil

Quote:
You posted articles by five people who say what you want. Shall I go find 5 people who say what I want?
Be my guest.
Quote:
Shall we have a competition to see who can post collaborating opinions faster? I think not. That's spamming.
I dopn't care if you think it's spamming - it's not. If I had posted things that you agreed with - you wouldn't be saying that. But again with your usual double standards.
Quote:
Millions of people agree with you. That doesn't make you right.
Now do me a favor - really - go look in a mirror and say that.
Quote:
I say people who whine about "political correctness" are making excuses to be impolite. Even if nobody agreed with me, I would say that. So why bother spamming? I suspect you are trying to shout me down. But almost nobody agrees with me.
I'm not trying to shout you down. I can't shout you down by posting some articles that make good points about the problems with political correctness. But then again - you see no problems with it - because you think forced politiness is a good thing - when all it is is controlled speech.
Quote:
I refuse to read all those people who agree with you and disagree with me. It proves nothing. The number of opinions either way was not the question here.
Of course you would refuse to look - because you don't want to have any thoughts that Political correctness has gone way beyond being "polite"
Quote:
The question was, as you, JD, first stated when you brought this topic back up, IS THE PRINCIPAL OF THAT SCHOOL BEING FALSELY ACCUSED?
Funny - I didn't bring the topic back up with that. maybe you should go back and look.
Quote:
And the question inked raised was basically, ARE CHRISTIANS PERSECUTED WHEN SHOPS DON'T SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS?
It is the CHRISTMAS holiday. The only other holiday that is celebrated during this time - is Chanukah and that's over with. Kwanza as far as I'm concerned is a holiday that was started by the "anti-white" blacks - who wanted a "non-white" holiday.
Quote:
What other question was raised and how is spamming the thread with non-Mooter's opinions of use to anyone?
Call it spamming all you want - it just shows your complete arrogance at not wanting to read others opinions on the subject. And discuss the issues. All you want to do is just keep saying how PCness has to do with politiness - when it has absolutely NOTHING to do with politiness. I can be poolite to someone and say "I saw a midget at the store" or "There were two black people" or "two white" or "two woman". It doesn't matter. It's the context I can make Jew sound like a negative word - as it often is - or I can just say in a normal context of speech. You seem to be ignorant that it isn't words that are offensive or demeaning - it's context they are used in.

[edit] And as I said before - you had NO PROBLEM being complete unpc after the election by demeaning and attacking republicans, christians, and anyone who supported Bush. So please get off your high horse about the importance of being PC and polite.
[/edit]

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 12-22-2004 at 08:47 PM.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:50 PM   #356
jerseydevil

Quote:
LOL! No, he obviously said that we are supposed to defend the weak, which we liberals do. Liberal politics can be clearly seen throughout Jesus' teachings.
Ahh it's great to see you take up the liberal cry so readily. The whole democratic party after the election has been stressing =- "you see liberals really do hold the moral high ground, we are closer to Jesus's teachings than the republicans - honest." It's so funny hearing you say this. Talk about a liberal mouth piece.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-22-2004, 09:11 PM   #357
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

I am a liberal "mouthpiece"? Liberal, yes, mouthpiece, I wish. I would love to be paid the 10 million a year that a "mouthpiece" like O'Reilly or Hannity gets.

I am not a mouthpiece. In fact, I am not an object of any kind. I am a fellow mooter, thank you very much, and I certainly am interested in reading and replying to my feloow mooter's opinions.

All I'm objecting to is the spamming of this thread with two pages of opinions that I cannot possibly address because 1. I don't have the time and 2. the original writer is not going to read my reply and 3. they are not the opinions of my fellow mooters and 4. they are not replies based on reading my opinion in a reciprocal discussion.

So please stop. And please stop accusing me of these nastinesses. Whatever Rian and I worked out together, backchannel, regarding our respective religious opinions and politics, is between the two of us and not anyone else's concern.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:14 PM   #358
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Also, the roll eyes smiley is being abused as a flame baiting tactic. Please stop that, too. Thanks.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:17 PM   #359
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
Also, the roll eyes smiley is being abused as a flame baiting tactic. Please stop that, too. Thanks.
and most of the smileys, except the smile one.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:22 PM   #360
jerseydevil

Quote:
Someone is overly sensitive today. I'm not using it as a flame baiting tactic. I seriously am rolling my eyes at some of the stuff you spew out. I will continue to use the roll eyes where I feel like it - thank you very much.

[edit]Sorry - I guess I just stuck my tongue at you - I will now stand in the corner. [/edit]

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 12-22-2004 at 09:31 PM.
Closed Thread