Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2002, 12:10 PM   #341
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Eärniel: *reluctantly puts her sword away* Sorry Garina, didn't see you for a moment.

Garina: *eyes Eärniel suspiciously* Mmmm mind where you point that thing in the future will you? I have a mild dislike concerning sharp objects aimed in my general direction.

*they follow the trail and reach the forest*

Eruviel: Just what happens now?

Renille: Well we hike through the forrest. Then dump Morauko so...

Morauko:*interrupts* Hey? How so?

Renille:*waves with copy of two towers* Well you were Eomer remember? You've got to slaughter orcs soon enough. Then things will get a little more difficult...

Garina: How so?

Renille: *consults copy of two towers* We-ell we SHOULD meet Gandgirl but she took the task of guiding Glodo and Finrod soooo...

Eärniel: Yes?

Renille: *shuts book* We'll have to improvise.

Eruviel: How do we do that?

Renille: Who do you think I am? An oracle? We'll work with what we get.

Eärniel:*smiling* Ooooh this could be fun!

*the other watch her strangely*

Eärniel: Allright, allright....*munches some chocolate*

OOC: Nice of you to slip in a possible return for me Elf Girl. But since I'm already in Rohan at this point, I'll think it's in the interest of the logic of this RPG (Yeah right, logic ) that I remain there. Now I'm in a position of stealing some of YOUR lines I guess. Neh neh neh! And now I can see Helm's Deep! And you get to deal with Glodo's seasickness. So no hard feelings.
Old 05-25-2002, 02:50 PM   #342
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

The random orc can trip over me. I have a hard head.

Random orc: *trips over Tano* Ow! You stupid halfling! *trys to whack Tano but misses since Tano is hanging onto his boot*
Tano: please please forgive me i had NO idea i was in your way, mr. orc, truly...*goes on in the same vein for a long time*
R.O: yeah, yeah, whatever. just shaddup, alright? *pulls boot out of Tano's grasp and walks away*
Tano: mm....that was fun. *holds up knife taken out of orc's boot and grins evilly*
Willow: ah--easy there, Tano...
Tano: *shakes head* right...okay. i'll put this away till we get a bit closer to Fangorn, shall i?

-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 05-25-2002, 03:22 PM   #343
Elf Girl
Lurker

Logic? In an RP? O the contradiction! *clutches lines and plastic balrog protectively*
Old 05-25-2002, 04:38 PM   #344
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Renille- (as they reach the other side of the forest.) Okay, Garina, go over there and join that big army. They'll know who you are. Say you had to take a rest from killing orcs. . When your men see us, let us go on. We're going to go to Fangorn as quickly as possible and get to Icengard before the orcs do.

Eruviel- But...but...that's not being faithful to the two towers!

Earniel- *titter* I think it's cool. We're being rebels!

Renille- Whatever. We just know what is supposed to happen next. It's kind of like a time machine.

Garina- Okay, I see now. Bye, you guys! See you at Helm's Deep!

Renille- I don't know. Maybe there won't be a Helm's Deep. We'll see what we can and can't avoid.

Eruviel- Ren, you're acting really strange. Do you have a palantir already?

Renille- No...but I'm probably growing into my "king" role. I hope so...it's about time.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Old 05-25-2002, 04:43 PM   #345
Garina
Elf Lord

Garina: There's a big army? What big army? Where? Please don't send me off alone. *does big puppy eyes at Renille*

Renille: Stop being such a wuss!

Garina: But I don't even know who I'm supposed to be? I was just looking for the TLA meeting and followed you guys.

Renille: You are a very brave person who is going to go and fight against the forces of darkness.

Garina:I am?

Renille: YES, YOU ARE!!!

Garina: ok!

*runs off*
Entmoot Resident Bard #2
Wielder of the shiny fire extinguisher
Worshipper of the divine cheesecake

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, rejoice!!! Minsc, Baldur's Gate 2
Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Dammit, eyeliner and dreadlocks should not be that sexy!
Old 05-25-2002, 04:45 PM   #346
Elf Girl
Lurker

Back in the boat...

Elf Girl: *yawn* I guess *yawn* it's time to *yawn* get going. *moves the still-asleep Counselor so she fills up only 3/4 of the tiny boat*

Counselo: *wakes up* unngh... *gropes for sleep switch on nonexistent alarm clock* Huh? *remembers* Oh. *is sick*

Finrod: Be of good cheer, friend, for in a day we may leave this river and travel on foot to Mt. Nokia!

Counselor: "Good cheer" indeed. *is sick* I think my seasickness is letting up! *is sick*
Old 05-25-2002, 05:21 PM   #347
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Tano: *Temporarily loses control* Whoops! *Catches it*

Claenoic & Willow: *Would've clapped except for the fact that their hands were tied.*

Claenoic: *Elijah-esque eyes* Oooh, watcha gonna do with it?

Tano: Hold on.

*Carefully tries to use the knife. Unfortunately it has the odor of the orc's shoe*

Willow: Ee yuk! *Desperately tries to hold nose*

Claenoic: *Follows suit*

Tano: There!

Willow: Ahem. *Points to Tano's now severed shoelace*

Tano: Oops *Does it right*

Claenoic: Now what did he do after that?

Willow: Didn't Pippin turn them into loops?

Tano: Ok, almost... have it...

Claenoic: How long does it take to tie a knot?

Willow: Beats me *shrugs*

Tano: *Succeeds before Uruk-Hai captain sallies forth to inspect his prisoners*

OOC: I JUST GOT THE SOUNDTRACK!!!! YEAH!!! GO ME!!!!

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!

Last edited by Claenoic : 05-25-2002 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-25-2002, 05:28 PM   #348
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Willow:Quick, the orc captain is coming look scared!

Tano:Why?

Claenoic:Because maybe then he won't try to do scary things if he sees that we're already scared.

(They shut up as the orc captain stops infront of them)

OOC:What should the orc captain do to them... I can't think of anything right now.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 05-25-2002, 09:35 PM   #349
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Laurelyn: *wakes up and rubs her head where an orc hit her at the Breaking of the Cellowship* Oh-ey. That hurts!
*Looks around* Hey, where is everybody? Did they leave me behind? Even the Orcs didn't take me! Gosh, I Know when I'm not wanted.
*hangs head sadly* But I never could figure out when to give up! I shall not be left behind!
*Stands quickly and pulls out little wheel-gimmick that spins that Caladriett gave her back in LothLoriodonalds, and tries to brandish it heroically. It spins once or twice, makes a little bleeping and clicking sound, and stops whirring and twirling.*
Oh, sh**! It had to go and break, didn't it! Well, so be it. I shall continue on my way anyhow. Where shall I head twoards? For surely by now the cellowship has all set off in its many directions. The Phone must have gone to China with Glodo and Samniel and whoever else is with them, and the Orcs must have taken Tano and willow and whoever else by now, and ... I can't remember who's who, although I was knocked out and ever-so-kindly left behind at the time . . . .
*ponders this a minute*
But wait. What insanity is this? For our phonebearer is both the Phonebearer who succeeds, and the one who falls into mount Nokia with naught but some body part and the Phone! How can this be? They cannot both be the same Counselor, for that would leave poor Miriam with a worse case of multiple-personality disorder than dear Smeagol . . . I mean, nassty Gollum. Well, then! I will follow the Phone, and hope that I Might not succumb to its evil in an attempt to see it destroyed!
*Pauses. Breathes.*
Damn. REmind me to never make another one of these epic speech thingies . . . .
*Sets off in the direction she thinks that the Phone has headed off in. Several hours later, after several random teleportations, she reaches the banks of the River Nothin'doin' (yes, I'm making fun of the name Anduin) where Glodo is being sick again and Elf girl is attempting to steer the boat.*

Laurelyn: HALT! TAKE ME WITH YOU, and leave me not behind again! There is a plot in my twisted thread founder's mind, so beware, you who try and forget me! I shall not go away; I shall remain with you to the end. The Phone must be destroyed. Like it or not, Gandgirl, this non-character of mine has a role to play yet! If you refuse me, I'll . . . why, I'll make your Balrog grow wings! Which it should have anyways . . . . *Thinking: Hey, wait a mintue, I thought I swore off speaches like this... *

Elf girl: *Meep* All right, all right, enough already! Hold yah hohses!We'll come get you!

Glodo: !@#$%^&*!! *is sick*

Laurelyn: Glodo, dear, watch your mouth. And Elf Girl, you had better come get me . . . .

*Laurelyn wonders what evil has possesed her to try and give herself some power. But I shan't turn back now . . . . MWahahahahahaha!*

Author's note: Meddle not in the affairs of Laurelyn when it is late at night, for she will undoubtedly cook up some masterful pan or another and then curse at you something awful.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka

Last edited by Laurelyn : 05-25-2002 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-25-2002, 09:59 PM   #350
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Moraumer: *Watches Garina run off and rolls her eyes, then chases after her* You idiot! That would be the orcish army...
*grabs her arm and pulls her in the opposite direction* WE would be needing to join the army of the ROHIRRIM! Honestly, people these days...

Ten minutes later:

The Eored: *See Moraumer* Oh fearless leader! Where have you been?

Garina: Orcs have been passing through this land! I have seen them!

Moraumer: My friend here and I have been tracking a band of Orcs. We must go kill them. Forth, Moraulingas! *She pulls Garina up behind her on her horse and the Mored gallop off towards the Orcs*

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...
Old 05-25-2002, 10:29 PM   #351
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Eruviel: *turns to Ren* So where do we go now?
Aragren: Forth to Icengard!
Eruviel: But shouldn't we run into Garina and Moraumar? And go to find Willow and Tano? And then go to Medesuld?
Aragren: Well. . .okay, you're right, perhaps we should go there.
*they set off toward where they believe Fangorn would be*

ooc: methinks we need a treebeard and an Eowyn. . .any volunteers?

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 05-26-2002, 04:38 AM   #352
Earniel

OOC: Let me get my bearings straight: Laurelyn, Elf Girl, Finrod and Glodo are at the river going to mordor. Garina and Morauko have joined an eored. Willow, Tano and Claenoic are invited by thye orcs. and Renille, Eruviel and me are going to Fangorn, right? Good. Methinks that TC will gladly take the role of Eowyn or better even Teeceewyn. Shall I PM her?

Eärniel: *looks around* So this is Fangorn....

Eruviel: Yes, I think it is.

Renille: Well, it's the only forest we found so it can better be Fangorn.

Eärniel:*eyes gleaming* Let's hold a picknick!

Eruviel:*moans* Oh, Samniel, not again!

Eärniel: Yes, again! I'm hungry and we should run into Garina and Morauko later but I'm hungry now!

Renille: Very well, we will make camp.

Eärniel: Woohoo! Thank you Aragren!*starts unloading an impossible load of food and starts making a clearing for a fire* Eruviel, you get wood. Aragren, can you give me that lighter?

voice of nearby tree: Hoom! I hope you're not planning on making a fire.

Eärniel: Don't worry, just to make dinner. Not like it's going to be a bonfi...*she realises* Why am I talking to a tree? IEP!!!AAAAH!!! Aragren! Eruviel! Save me! *jumps in Eruviel's arms but her weight throws them both to the ground. The tree starts to move*

OOC: Let's make Treebeard a public character, I think that's the easiest way.

Last edited by Earniel : 05-26-2002 at 04:42 AM.
Old 05-26-2002, 05:26 AM   #353
Garina
Elf Lord

Garina: Well, no one told me which army I ws supposed to be joining!!! I want my own horse!.
*throws temper tantrum until Moraumer hits her over the head*

Garina: Ow!

Moraumer: We're trying to hunt orcs, so shut up. *whistles*
There, have that horse. *mutters* Ungrateful......

Garina:*mounts horse and tries not to annoy Moraumer any more*
Entmoot Resident Bard #2

Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Old 05-26-2002, 05:40 AM   #354
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Meanwhile...
Garina: Look! Its people around a campfire! Can we join them? I'm so hungry...

Moraumer: *bonks her on the head* Cant you see they are orcs? We're supposed to kill them, not have a party! People these days...

Garina: Oh... alright then...

The Eored: *Kill all the orcs and burn their corpses*

Moraumer: Now, if my calculations are right, the 'hobbits' will be just over here... while the hunters will be a few miles to our left. Hmmmm... I always wanted to visit Fangorn Forest...

(OOC: I cant decide whether we find the hobbits or not, so someone else go on from here)

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Old 05-26-2002, 05:49 AM   #355
Garina
Elf Lord

Garina: *Decides to invest in a nice new helm!* Moraumer, there are strange tracks leading into the forest of Fangorn.

Moraumer: I can see that!

Garina: Should we not follow them - they could be orcs!

Moraumer: You're really desperate for a party, aren't you?

Garina: I'm hungry! The only other person who understands how I feel is Eärniel, and she's gone off looking for the hobbits, and you're being nasty to me, and, and...

Moraumer: *Hits Garina over the head again*

Garina: Ok, I really need a helm! Forget the tracks, we've killed the orcs. I await our glorious leader's commands. *sulks*
Entmoot Resident Bard #2

Old 05-26-2002, 06:07 AM   #356
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Moraumer: *Ponders hitting Garina again, just for the hell of it... then realises that she is right* Those tracks belong to the hobbits... shall we go find them?

Garina: Ooooh, yes! Maybe they have food!

Moraumer: *sighs and restrains herself from damaging garina* No, they have less food than we do.

Garina: *sulks*

Moraumer: But, if we find them then we'll meet fangorn, who has entdraughts! Eored... *turns to discover that they have already left* Fine then... I guess we're alone once more. *Ties their horses to a tree and follows the tracks to a clearing, where she sees the three hobbits happily eating lembas and chatting*

Garina: LEMBAS!!!!!!! *runs over to join them, followed by Moraumer*

Moraumer: Well, we've found the hobbits... now we just need to find Aragren...

Old 05-26-2002, 09:22 AM   #357
Garina
Elf Lord

Garina: Why does she keep hitting me?

Claenoic: I don't know.

Garina: I mean, I try to be nice and helpful, but no one seems to care, and...

Claenoic: *hits Garina!!!*
Entmoot Resident Bard #2

Old 05-26-2002, 10:47 AM   #358
Elf Girl
Lurker

Oh, I'd add if I could, this is great, but I have to leave.
Old 05-26-2002, 11:36 AM   #359
Earniel

OOC: Say Gandgirl, care to explain just what you are doing in my notes of French?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gandgirl.jpg (8.7 KB, 34 views)
Old 05-26-2002, 12:59 PM   #360
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

OOC-Earniel, that picture is great! Care to draw one of everyone in the Cellowship???

Renille- Earniel, calm down! It's just...a tree....I think.

Tree- You think,hmmm...you are too hasty. I almost think I do not like you, but let us not be hasty.

Renille- Hello, umm...who are you?

Tree- And why should I tell you, hoom?

Earniel- 'Cuz...because... we want to know.

Tree- First tell me, who are you?

Renille- They call me Stridress.

Eruviel- *No they DON'T. You're Aragren.*

Renille- Yes, I know...but people in Bree call me Stridress, remember?

Eruviel- Umm...no.

Earniel- *you guys, there's a big tree staring at me...I'd appreciate it if...you'd start talking...please.*

Renille- Oh, sorry. Identity crisis. ANYWAY. I'm Stridress, and these are my two companions Eruvilegolas and Samarniel.

Tree- Such hasty folk! But so merry, too. I think I shall tell you my name. I am called Fangorn, or Treemustache.

Eruviel-Treemustache? *titters*

Earniel- Shut up! It might get angry.

Eruviel- At me? Never.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Closed Thread