Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 08:22 PM   #341
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
*set's up Bat Boggie hex aggainst anyone who is'nt me on my chair* (or one of my many non-human friends...) I'm talking Hogwarts baby! (Not that I'm refering to anyone in perticular, i am "100% Woman" After all!)

Vote Trolls' Bane/Elanor's Angel 2008!!!

Last edited by Elanor's Angel : 03-24-2006 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:25 PM   #342
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanor's Angel
*set's up Bat Boggie hex aggainst anyone who is'nt me on my chair* (or one of my many non-human friends...) I'm talking Hogwarts babe! (Not that I'm refering to anyone in perticular, i am "100% Woman" After all!)
Huh?
Wonder where we'll put this one? Oh, and I'm going to bringing my cat Baxter for a visit quite soon.
*sings one of the many songs who's words we replaced so they are songs about Baxter*
Old 03-24-2006, 08:28 PM   #343
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

I have a very old cocker spaniel! She's like 14.... I've had her for 11 years.... I want a Hedgehog too, but Mom said no........ Or a Boa again..... Have'nt asked....

Old 03-24-2006, 08:31 PM   #344
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Perhaps my message board could be an ideal refuge for us. *hint*
..em ..it doesn't appear to work TB ...

i mean - so 10/10 for empathy an' all , but erm otherwise ...

anyway i am forming the

Grand order of the Marrow (er this is a serious thing! )

to have a blitz style network of underground bunkers in case of teacup-down

(this was after all the whole initial point of the web ...)

i shall be contacting Nurv and other carefully selected board owners and distinguished Mooters (Shame on you Hector!!! ) to help organise the Grand Order of the marrow's beverage list and approved list of pastries and biscuits - and of course the non-centralised moot-down leather clad pigeon mail system - Sir Grey the thrice renowkned (throws hector sharp look) is currently being consulted as honoury leather clad pigeon post master, i am currently looking into the feasability of asking the third Doc of the three Docs ... that'd be Heem to be the expereinced pigeon flexi-whip task master to the Pigeon postal sub-system - currently i am knocking on that door (the door appears to be locked) ...but the door (it's locked y'know) is yeilding little more than not being open ...

when the fog comes calling,
the Mysts will hold it back ....
six from the teacup ...
six from the six-pack

more than one board to pool them all
more than one board to find them ...
more than one board to zing them all ...
and with a cheery cup o' tea and a hiccup, bind them!

even as Arthur waits in his cave to arise and ride to the aid of Albion - so shall our noble members of the Grand Order of the Marrow be ever vigilante with their kettles of ultimate readiness, their coffees and cookies of calm and metaphorical mootiness munchies of merriment ...

anyone wishing to join the oder and join the Moot Marrow Home Guard, should pledge their watering cans, botanical booze and green fingers, their coffee-making and cookie cooking skills or leather clad mail pigeon handling skills or their moot temporary tea-tents online to:

bbonline@fsmail.net
Old 03-24-2006, 08:33 PM   #345
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

What? I'm not shure about this..... I mean, what about ENTmoot? Hmmm....

Old 03-24-2006, 08:35 PM   #346
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
..em ..it doesn't appear to work TB ...
What do you mean, it doesn't work? Sure it does! I went there the other day. Damnit! Where's Zeak as witness to my alibis? ZEAK! PLEASE log on. And don't go on with saying it's hard. You BEST log on. It's for your own good!
Zeak would make such a great mooter, but he's not interested. Pff! We NEED him. Not that he's an LotR obsessor, but neither am I.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:37 PM   #347
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

If entmoot was down, i'm not shure a new thing would be good... I mean It would just be filled with posts from panicked mooters yeah...........not like me...... And what about moot?

Old 03-24-2006, 08:44 PM   #348
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
What? I'm not shure about this..... I mean, what about ENTmoot? Hmmm....
well- the principle is that its just a temporary emergency tent to meet up, have a brew and get updates - like the whole go to entmoot.com message that was slow to reach many many - on the first one ... the pigeons would spring into action ..and mooters and teacuppers would know of any of the three or four temporary tents to spring up to keep the flame alive while the fog descends ...
Old 03-24-2006, 08:45 PM   #349
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
The Cap'n is at your call BB.

I've got many barrels of rum stashed away.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:50 PM   #350
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

aye' Cap'n ...we sailed the high seas of doom on the first wave of doubt and stormy seas, eh Cap'n? ... us two and the courageous muppet crew kept the flame alive while many were lost on the chaotic fog ... the good ship teacup sailed the high seas as a drunken beacon in the lampost infested foggy seas of doom ...
Old 03-24-2006, 08:51 PM   #351
Spaceman Spiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
when the fog comes calling,
the Mysts will hold it back ....
six from the teacup ...
six from the six-pack ...

more than one board to pool them all
more than one board to find them ...
more than one board to zing them all ...
and with a cheery cup o' tea and a hiccup, bind them!
Love this btw.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:52 PM   #352
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Ok then! Sounds good to me!!!
Oh, can someone remind me when abotu 4 minutes have passed? I have an egg boiling upstairs....

Old 03-24-2006, 08:56 PM   #353
Spaceman Spiff

4 mins are up.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:56 PM   #354
trolls' bane

Quote:
Ok then! Sounds good to me!!!
Oh, can someone remind me when abotu 4 minutes have passed? I have an egg boiling upstairs....
Best keep an eye on it. I don't know how long ago you posted this, and, well, it really depends on a lot. If you live on a train that is going in the direction opposite Earth's rotation at a constant speed and not accelerating (remember, accelerating means changing speed--speeding up OR slowing down--and changing direction), to me it appears as though you're moving one way while I am completely stationary. Your clock will be running slow compared to mine.
Well, that should be four minutes! That's about how long it took me to type this without typos!.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:56 PM   #355
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Thank you! *runs upstairs to turn off stove*

Old 03-24-2006, 09:08 PM   #356
trolls' bane

Quote:
Thank you! *runs upstairs to turn off stove*
I take it you were not on a train then.

Ah, the universe and all it's laws are beautiful. I don't ever want to have an end to theoretical physics, a near-the-end, but not an end, at least anytime near my death. I want the next generations to appreciate the beauty, but moreso the search for it... Life in the cosmos is like a crossword puzzle: it is packed-full of answers without questions; soloutions looking for problems. As for the latter example, all of science and the search for knowlege is just that. The soloution: humans are here to search for the problem, whatever that may be, and whether we find it or not, or destroy ourselves in the process, at least we can say we were here to enjoy it, enjoy the beauty of the universe as much as we could before we died. A wise person, who's name slips my mind, once said that a man should be ashamed to die if he had not accomplished something great for humanity. Well I add to that by saying this: a man should be ashamed to die if he hasn't stopped to wonder in amazement at the universe around us. There are countless questions he could ask. Why is it that things are so orderly, and yet entropy exists? Why is this like this? Is everything we know, everything that makes up our world, just vibrating strings in a great cosmic symphony? Is all matter composed of oscillating strings? One must continue to wonder, and hunger to learn more...
Old 03-24-2006, 09:35 PM   #357
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
Saxifrage! Like Saxifrage Russell, or the flower species (plural), saxifrage!
Um... okay.
Quote:
Ah, the universe and all it's laws are beautiful.
I haven't studied astronomy in school yet, so I wouldn't know.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Old 03-24-2006, 09:44 PM   #358
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Shannon is a really rad name, regardless of who it actually belongs to.
yes, I like it, and it fits him - a cool guy
*waves to Shannon*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 03-24-2006, 09:45 PM   #359
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thain Peregrin Took I
Um... okay.

I haven't studied astronomy in school yet, so I wouldn't know.
Not astronomy, my friend. The universe. You don't need to take it in school. To tell you the truth, neither have I.
I was actually referring collectively to physics (which I have also not taken yet), and astronomy.
Sometimes I have so many questions to ask about these, because yes, they are so easy to learn if presented in a certain way--in fact, presented the way they are, I could have half-understood them back when I was ten!--you will be able to learn everything about them. I'm almost a bit embarassed trying to ask my teacher about them, because he underestimates me (but he does think very highly of me, and if it weren't for certain family members shooting down my attempt to get into biology and geometry, I would be in Physics next year! Gah, crazy counsellors and family members. Had to mess it up, didn't they?). I think I catch him off guard whenever I ask a question, because he gets this stricken look and is surprised I asked him whatever it is I ask him. It's kinda tough. So, I'm waiting 'till spring break, so I can go to LA and visit all my teachers from last year. Then I can ask my 8th grade teacher, Mr. Stedman, who is much more of a talker and isn't in a hurry...ever. And his wife is like a soprano or something, or at least takes singing lessons. Maybe I'll get to stand up in front of my old class and amaze the kids with my knowlege of relativity. *imagines self writing a bunch of equations on the board, receiving a lot of blank stares*
And he was the one that sparked my REAL interest in Mars. Well, he started the chain reaction: Mars's close approach in '03, which is a once in a lifetime event (yes, it happened in '05, but it was clear, not real close), was on his birthday.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:58 PM   #360
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
Not astronomy, my friend. The universe. You don't need to take it in school. To tell you the truth, neither have I.
You haven't taken astronomy? You talk so much about it that it seems like you have.
Quote:
I'm almost a bit embarassed trying to ask my teacher about them, because he underestimates me (but he does think very highly of me, and if it weren't for certain family members shooting down my attempt to get into biology and geometry, I would be in Physics next year!
I've actually already done a little bit of physics, but I'll probably have to do more, since it was really simple. Just things like centipical force. And yes, I know I'm misspelling centipical, but I don't know how to spell it right.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth

Last edited by Thain Peregrin Took I : 03-24-2006 at 10:03 PM.
Closed Thread