Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-20-2004, 12:35 PM   #341
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

We still need to sort out who teaches Harry for Occulmency and the we might be ready for the next chapters.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 09-20-2004 at 12:44 PM.
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:43 PM   #342
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Somebody somewhere suggested Bill Weasley might be the next DADA (Defence against the dark arts) teacher. This would also make him a good Occlumency teacher, he's probably good at that sort of thing.

Why do you think Dumbledore asked Snape to teach Harry? He must have been aware of how much they hate each other (though it's quite unfair on both sides). Maybe he was the only person qualified besides Dumbledore? Maybe Dumbledore was trying to get them to make peace? (ya, right )
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:46 PM   #343
Telcontar_Dunedain

Maybe because Umbridge would suspect Snape of helping Harry. I mean, it isn't a secret that they hate each other.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 09-21-2004 at 02:15 AM.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:57 PM   #344
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Bill....he'd be good since he's a cursebreaker, but hadn't we already decided on Chaudry?

And I agree with all of you about Cho and Harry...and yes, he will take it out on his friends, and then Hermione will try to calm him down, but I dunno how well she'd succeed.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 02:17 AM   #345
Telcontar_Dunedain

Are we going to keeo Chaudry or go with Bill?

I'd say Bill, it would give Harry some contact with the Order.

Old 09-21-2004, 04:18 AM   #346
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Are we going to keeo Chaudry or go with Bill?

I'd say Bill, it would give Harry some contact with the Order.
yeah bill sounds cool, but he doesn't add any mystery. You know its someone we know already and I think we should be introducing someone. But either way is good.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:34 PM   #347
Telcontar_Dunedain

Was it Chaudry who was going to give Harry the Penseive? If so we can have him teaching Harry how to use that.

Old 09-22-2004, 05:07 PM   #348
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

No, it was the Heir. We need more things about the Heir, when IU think of it; after all he's the name of the book.
And we need new chapters. It's been a month since I wrote the last 5.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 02:16 AM   #349
Telcontar_Dunedain

Okay. I'll have the new chapters posted by the weekend.

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 09-23-2004 at 02:17 AM.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:54 AM   #350
Telcontar_Dunedain

Before I post the new chapters here is what we have so far.

Chap. 1: At the Dursely's. Harry whines some about being stuck there. We find out what it is Dudley saw. [edited specific] Harry's dream of Lord Moldy Shorts are renewed and he is [mad].

Chap. 2: Harry ponders on what Dudley saw and wonders why his life [has turned out this way]. Someone comes and takes Harry to the Order. We find out that Kreacher has left for Narcissa since he does technically belong to her. But Kreacher [is still bound not] to tell anyone anyhting about the Order [because of what was discussed in the earlier book, about his being bound to Sirius, etc.]

Chap. 3: Harry is filled in and fills in his friends [edited part about trying magic, since I think that was voted down as being illegal. Hermione repairs the mirror after Harry tells them about it, and he decides to give her the other one so he and Ron can communicate with her between their classes and dorms]. We find out who the new quidditch captin is [Harry?]. What his scores are and that [he] bombed his History of Magic OWL. [Harry's OWLS scores are as follows:

Charms- O
Transfiguration- EE
Herbology- EE
Defense Against the Dark Arts- O+
Potions- scraps an O
Care of Magical Creatures- EE
Divination- P
Astonomy- P
History oMagic - P

(Remember, it's Outstanding (O), Exceeds Expectations (EE), Acceptable (A), Poor (P), Dreadful (D) and Troll (T).)
Harry's classes this year are:

Defense against the Dark Arts
Transfigurations
Charms
Potions
........and......??????.......]

Chap. 4: Harry learns somthing about his family and/or Sirius he didn't know before. [edited part that we had decided had been settled in OOTP re: D'dore and Harry "making up."] We hear about what Lord Moldy Shorts has been doing. Possibly: We see Neville and learn (for a fact now) that his role has changed simply by the fact that his is invited to the Order Headquarters. Thus Harry gets a new friend (they were friends before but now they're closer becasue they're in the same boat.)

Chap. 5: They go get their books. They vist Fred and George's shop; the other charaters find out that it was Harry who gave them the money to start the shop. We also learn [they are definately done at Hogwarts]. Enter the new and even more evil Malfoy with new and more evil mother. They somthing nasty and/or threatning and rather ominous too [is this something that happens, or something that Malfoy does?]

Chap. 6: Sirius's will is read. Sirius made sure to update it and include Harry as his heir. It was very important to him. As a result, Harry inherits Grimmauld place. Hermione convinces Harry to allow Kreacher (the old house elf?) to go where he choses, and to take several posessions with him. Kreacher takes the screaming portrait of Sirius's mother and a few other odd items and goes to Narcissa Malfoy.

Chap.7: [They return to school] Professor Snape... starts the dueling club up again, and always seems to set up Harry, Ron and Hermione in dangerous, stressful duels. Things are getting quite touchy and personal between Slytherin and Gryffindor, and Prof Snape seems to thrive on it. [edited part that was voted down re: DADA. The students find out here who the prof is, but we will decide exactly who it is at a later date, when we start getting specific]

Chapt. 8: Harry's dreams are invaded by Voldemort, and Harry actually has a spell during the Halloween party where he starts spouting parsel tongue, terrifying everyone, and himself. Dumbledore instructs Mad eye Moody to pick up on Harry's occlumency lessons.

Chap. 9: Ginny Weasley has matured greatly over the summer, and Harry notices and begins to act awkwardly and blush around her. She doesn't seem to notice. We find out what's new with all the Weasley's, especially the relationship between Percy and the rest of the family.[edited part about Percy being a DE, although I kind of liked it myself! ]

Chap. 10: Several Muggle-born Hogwarts students vanish mysteriously and the staff suspects port keys have been planted on the school grounds. Where the students are being transported too is unknown. [there was a line added about this being kept hush-hush] Hagrid has his hands full trying to keep some of the creatures in the forest safe, and his giant half brother is suspected as a trouble maker.

Chapter 11- The MoM is making a full search for the missing Muggleborn students, but they are keeping it very secret, as it's not supposed to be widely known. Harry dreams about Voldie and the disappearences, so he goes to Dumbledore to tell him about it, but then he realises that Voldie will have known about the dream so it wouldn't do much good anyway.

Chapter 12- Hermione is trying to improve inter-House relationships because once agian that's what the Sorting Hat said. Ron doesn't like that and/or doesn't believe her and they have a big fight.

Chapter 13- Hermione suceeds in her plan. Blaise Zabini goes to the OotP side (Or says he does!). Ron doesn't trust him, but Dumbledore says he should. [It was revealed on the JKR site that Blaise is a boy]

Chapter 14- Hagrid takes the Trio to visit Grawp again. He says he's become much better behaved over the s. Amazingly, they find he has. They have a (semi) intelligent conversation with him, but it's like he was a small child.

Chapter 15- A Quidditch match, vs. Slytherin. Malfoy got a Firebolt. He keeps cheating so Gryffindor gets lots of penalty shots. Ginny became a Chaser and she's really good and Ron is still keeper, but he's improved. So have the new beaters. But most of the team isn't very experienced, they are tied with Slytherin. Then Harry gets the Snitch, but it was very close.

16 -- Harry meets the Half-Blood Prince, who is the Heir of Gryffindor. The heir has come to Hogwarts at the behest of Dumbledore to...? How about, he is an historian who is also gifted at Legilimens. He gives a bunch of backstory about Slytherin and parseltongue, etc. Then he enters Harry's mind to try to discover what can be gleaned about Voldemort and his plans. (I had no idea about this, but it seems like Harry ought to meet the title character at this point!)

17 -- Uh, this chapter can be about...*thinking* more details about missing students, the deepening relationship of the houses through the dueling club (which those in DA are using to help further their skills), and more innuendos involving Ginny & Harry, and more angry stuff between Ron and Hermione. All of this proves a distraction from another task -- helping Hagrid with Grawp (teaching, and also keeping him from being "exterminated" by the MoM for being a danger to the students).

18 -- Prof. [?] invites the students to do some... group spell of some kind to try to locate the missing students (I feel we need to start to wrap some of this together!). The chapter revolves around...students from the different houses working toward this goal ("our" Gryffindors, plus the assorted students from other houses who are part of the attempt at a coming together). Luna is really into this. Everyone is trying to come up with theories about where they've gone and how.

19 -- They have a Hogsmead weekend, and there Harry runs into the Heir of Gryffindor at (?), because that is where he is staying for the time being. He also meets Lupin there, who updates Harry on the goings-on at the house. Fred and George are having a slight drop in business, because there was a rumor started that one of their candies was causing the disappearances, although it is ridiculous because only Muggle borns are disappearing. (of which there have been four others since chapter 10.

Old 09-26-2004, 09:10 AM   #351
Telcontar_Dunedain

20 -- The Heir of Gryffindor sends Harry his own pensieve in which to place his thoughts, so that he (the heir) may further investigate Harry's thoughts and memories involving Voldemort. Harry keeps messing up while trying to remove the memories, and hilarity ensues. Finally he succeeds in mastering it. He has some kind of run-in with Draco at some point in this chapter as well [edited specific part].

Chap. 21 - Another Quidditch match, this time Grryfindor vs. Ravenclaw. Grryfindor leads 80-20 when Ravenclaw's new seeker (Cho quitted) , ____ (his name), catches the Snitch before Harry, and Ravenclaw wins. Harry is shocked, knowing it wa the first time he was defeated only because he wasn't good enough.

Chap. 22 - There's a dance (prom? Whatever...) in Hogwarts (I had to find use for their cloaks), and Harry, after getting over his loss, doesn't know who to invite. Eventually, he asks Ginny (with some pressure from Hermioni) (that somehow discovered he likes Ginny), and she agrees. They go together and the night is great for him, much better than the one in the 4th year. Hermioni comes with Jastin Finch-Flechly (sp.) of Hufflepuff, and Ron with Hanah Abbot. (sp.)

Chap. 23 - The kidnapping continues, and it's still unclear how it's done and what happened to the students. The MoM special investigators come to Hogwarts, but they don't succeed more than Dumbledore. Luna Lovegood is vanished, Harry is worried and somehow misses her.

Chap. 24 - *is out of ideas* Hermioni fixes the mirrors of Sirius, and Harry finds that they're working. He also finds clues about the vanishing - Probably a new house. Equivilant to Grimmauld Place.

Chap. 25 - As the vanishings continue, the MoM believes Harry had a mistake - and that Voldemort didn't come from there. Everyone is panicked, much more than the 2nd year. It appears like someone from the inside helps the kidnapping. Ron suspects Malfoy, but Hermioni doesn't agree - yet she doesn't have a guess herself.

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 09-26-2004 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:23 AM   #352
Telcontar_Dunedain

Chapter 26. Harry has another dream. It's about the kidnappings. Something important will happen soon. Harry tells Dumbledore. School and Grimmauld Place is guarded securely.

Chapter 27. Hermione disappears with one of the Mirrors. Ron is worried and confesses to Harry that he has feelings for Hermione. Harry tries to use the Mirror to contact Hermione but is unsuccsesful. Harry, Ron (& Neville?) see someone snooping around the Castle grounds.

Chapter 28. Harry, Ron and Neville see the figure again and find out it is Blaise. Harry is shocked and immediatly tells Dumbledore. Blaise is questioned but due to the lack of Veritasum they get nothing out of her. Harry's scar starts hurting and he knows something else will quickly happen. He keeps trying to contact Hermione but is again unsuccsesful. The Order find Blaise's parents in case they are reporting to Voldemort.

Chapter 29. The teachers reinforce revision for the End of Year Exams to try and keep things normal. Ron seems to be even more worried about Hermione and Harry is trying to convince him she is fine but get worried himself.

Chapter 30. Wormtail is found on the Hogwarts Ground as Scabbers. He is the Secret Keeper for the DE's hideout. They use Veritasum to find the location. The Order prepare to invade the Hideout but Dumbledore warns against it saying the Hostages will die.

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 09-26-2004 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:35 AM   #353
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Harry's OWLS scores are as follows:

Charms- O
Transfiguration- EE
Herbology- EE
Defense Against the Dark Arts- O+
Potions- scraps an O
Care of Magical Creatures- EE
Divination- P
Astonomy- P
History oMagic - P

(Remember, it's Outstanding (O), Exceeds Expectations (EE), Acceptable (A), Poor (P), Dreadful (D) and Troll (T).)
Wow, I'm really impressed with these summaries! You guys have put a lot of effort into it. About the predicted marks, I don't think Harry will do quite that well in Potions. Since he did do well on the exam (since Snape wasn't there to distract him) I think he'll get an EE. I don't think he learned quite enough during the year to manage an O.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 09-26-2004, 09:46 AM   #354
Telcontar_Dunedain

Yet he needed an O to do Potions in this book so he could be an Auror.

Old 09-26-2004, 06:45 PM   #355
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yet he needed an O to do Potions in this book so he could be an Auror.
Oh yeah...

Well what if he doesn't end up an Auror? Or he has to repeat? Ooh, Snape would love that.

Maybe he will squeak an O. Harry is smart and certainly not bad at Potions. I think Neville will do a decent job in potions as well. (But not as good as Harry.)
Quote:
Old 09-27-2004, 12:05 PM   #356
Telcontar_Dunedain

I think Neville will do well in Potions, maybe better than Harry. It did say he looked alot happier with Snape not there. But anyway. Discuss the new chapters people.

Old 09-27-2004, 06:17 PM   #357
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Okay, so Blaise is now evil again?

And Wormtail...You know, I for one don't believe that the DE's would trust him with being a secret keeper. Not that they don't think he's loyal, but that he's a coward and would tell if he ever got captured. Which apparently he did. But maybe they don't have a secret keeper? Terrible oversight on the part of the DE's, I don't think it's likely....or maybe for some reason it's not possible for them to do it. Because if there was a secret keeper, I'm sure it would be Voldie.

And Hermione got taken by the DE's right? You didn't make that clear, but I think that's what you said.

Okay....sounds good.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 09-28-2004, 03:21 AM   #358
Telcontar_Dunedain

Blaise being evil was just an idea to liven it up a bit.

Maybe the DE's didn't have a Secret Keeper and Wormtail tells anyway.

Old 09-28-2004, 11:31 AM   #359
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Yeah, I agree. That's what I was thinking about Wormtail.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 09-28-2004, 12:22 PM   #360
Telcontar_Dunedain

And then this way he repays the Wizards Debt to Harry.