Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 09:29 PM   #341
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamuril Sirfalas
VENT: damn school! i have three major projects due VERY soon, my teacher is being a COW!!! god damn teachers why dont they leave me alone to moot and do the projects on my own time? but, then again, they probally have a point! and stupid vice-priciple! they put me into another math class and told me to start at the beginning and if i dont finish it they will make me repeat!!! im pissed off in general..all these little things are irritating me!! damn school! and damn guys ( no offence to the guys on moot you guys are nice. i mean the ones at my school)
Math people just don't understand. What's the big deal? People have to work at their own pace.

Quote:
whew im good .....for now
Isn't this thread great for that. Have some *sigh*.

I'm signing off temporarily.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:47 PM   #342
Mercutio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadillo
VENT: I just missed an early decision deadline for my #1 college, because I just found out about the place two days before that deadline. If I had gotten my application, reccomendations, transcript, SATs, and essays to them, I would have been accepted in two weeks. Now I have to wait about three months for a letter saying "we've moved your application from the superly competitive 'early action' pool to the 'regular decision' pool. More in a month."
*siiiiiiiigh*
Have you checked that they don't do rolling admissions, or have an "early action" date?

I finished two apps for Nov. 15 -- one college waived the app fee by then, the other needed it for scholarships.
I have three more due Dec. 1 -- two waive the fee also, and the other needs it by then for scholarship consideration.

I have a medium essay and a small paper due Dec. 1 also (could win up to $7500 for one and a laptop for the other) . Fun fun...

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:52 PM   #343
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Man, you're on top of things. So is everyone at my school. I can't believe it.

They do have early action, but that's so competitive. My records and whatnot are just borderline, so I'll almost definately not be admitted through early action. If anything, they'll just refile my application into the "regular decision" pile and give me my acceptance letter in like, too many months from now. Whereas if I applied through early decision on time, they would have smiled heartily on my enthusiam and looked optimistically at my grades instead of skeptically; I could have been admitted just a couple weeks from now! Agh, that's what makes it most dissappointing.

Now I'll just have to wait for a very long time and stress out through the whole thing.

I have to read "Oh, the Places You'll Go" now. I just reminded myself of that one part where everyone's waiting...
Old 11-16-2005, 11:25 PM   #344
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
I'm glad that I haven't had any experiences of that sort. Does the person live in your apartment complex, do you know?

I come with a vent, today.

Vent: I don't like debating against groups. They don't defeat your arguments with more clever arguments, but they overrun you through weight of numbers. When it's one against four or five (as I experienced today), with their own preconceptions and biases, I was unable to make a complete argument. I knew what I wanted to say, but each of them wanted his or her own turn to talk also, so the rebuff of my position was about six times as long as the chance I had to present my position . I was debating that Christianity isn't a myth . That was good. However, I was unable to argue my position because of the numbers I was dealing with. I've brought up some of these arguments many times on Entmoot, but I wasn't allowed to get them out of my mouth by the group I was debating with. So annoying.

On Entmoot, I can write my post at a fair amount of length. Here, it doesn't matter if I'm against one person or twenty. I have time to say what I want to say, to those people who have the most interesting arguments. In a group, or even one on one, I often do not. Tis maddening.

Another vent is that my way of debating in real life isn't so gentle as it is on the computer. On the computer, though I sometimes come across badly, normally at least I'm able to be moderate and reasonable as I talk. When I debate in person, my voice rises some and many women take offense. No men have, even though I've debated with more men than I have women. Men seem to understand properly how to take me. But many of the women I've debated with come out thinking that I'm a horrible individual person. I don't behave any differently to them than I do to men. I think it is related to a difference of genders between men and women. Women often take debates personally. Men do not. That has been my experience, and I've debated with many people. I think I probably am somewhat at fault for the way I debate in real life, however.

So in debates in real life, I'm worse, and others are worse. I can't get through people's closed ears, either . Of course, neither could I on the Internet . At least on Entmoot I can get my whole argument out of my mouth, though. Person to person, debating is definitely a far more frustrating experience.

(Exhales) I just came out of one of these debates; that's why it's all on my mind right now. I have no problem at all with doing the debate. I love debates. I need to know how to break through closed ears and closed airwaves, though . And I also have to figure out how to debate in such a way that women don't see me as an aggressive, hateful individual.

(Exhales again. Exhales again) Okay. Breathe. Function. I've got an exam for Biology in about an hour, so I'd better get back to my studying. And I'd better get over this thing really, really quickly, for now is not the time to dwell on it.
Yep! Too true...
Old 11-16-2005, 11:42 PM   #345
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadillo
Math people just don't understand. What's the big deal? People have to work at their own pace.

Isn't this thread great for that. Have some *sigh*.

I'm signing off temporarily.
*sigghhhhhhh* that feels much betteer lol and your signing off temporarily? how come? life calling? lol...math isn't my bst subject and yes math peeps dont understand at all!!!

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Old 11-17-2005, 12:31 AM   #346
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Yep! Too true...
I seem to have done well on that exam, so that may be a sign that I recovered tolerably well.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 11-17-2005, 12:34 AM   #347
trolls' bane

VENT: I LOST the EDDIE message board. How STUPID could someone like me be? It's gone, and all because I didn't check the server number. So, I have to type in "Imperialrp.proboards(#).com" like 80 times for all the servers it has, then if that doesn't work, I have to add a "p" after imperial. Gosh, I can't even remember what I named it! And I can't find it on google. It pisses me off!
Old 11-18-2005, 12:34 PM   #348
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Sick as a dog after three days of feeling well again.

I hope this clears up soon, because I can't sing, I can barely speak, I can't focus on anything, and I have -no- creativity left in my head what-so-ever.

Ung.

Now I need to go drag my hacking and coughing carcass into school for my math test. Oh joyous butter-gum-drops and rainbows. I can hardly wait.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:43 PM   #349
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

Bleeding Internet doesn't work. Laptop won't recognize the wireless card and the cable isn't working either. how am I on? Computer Lab, baby. Still frustrating.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:12 PM   #350
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Comfect
Bleeding Internet doesn't work. Laptop won't recognize the wireless card and the cable isn't working either. how am I on? Computer Lab, baby. Still frustrating.
I really feel for you. Computers and internet can do weird and frustrating things. Today, dad's installed a new antivirus program, and it's somewhat over-active - wanted to shut down practically every connection, including Yahoo. And was unwilling to show Entmoot, too. But now I'm sitting at my bro's computer, with the same antivirus thing, and everything works fine. Weird.

Tessar, get better soon! I just can't imagine what causes this series of sickness. Maybe the rest you had wasn't enough for a full recovery, and you're falling back again and again.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:41 PM   #351
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
*sigghhhhhhh* that feels much betteer lol and your signing off temporarily? how come? life calling? lol...math isn't my bst subject and yes math peeps dont understand at all!!!
More like life's nagging me. My brother needed the compy. That's pretty much the only thing that can get me away from the computer nowadays--someone else needing it.

VENT: I took a math test today too. Easy, because he allowed us to use our laptops. (He gave us some graphing software.) So I entered all the equasions that the test asked for into the computer, it graphed them, and then the thing promptly explodes! Well screw me! I tried to sketch the graphs from memory, but I have no hope that I passed, and now I have to figure out what on Earth happened to my laptop. Could be worse though, if I cared about math very much. I'm still mad.

Last edited by Bombadillo : 11-18-2005 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:55 PM   #352
trolls' bane

Anti-vent: Yay! Midterm on Monday! Woot! Midterm science test, and I don't think it's going to be open book either! Aufanalamafudiematchitchanalamatchaeerieyo!
Old 11-19-2005, 07:46 PM   #353
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Vent: mostly i (think i) am rather long-tempered, but my patience has its limits too.. i can't stand people who pity themselves so much that they can't focus on anything else than themselves, and thereby also hurt the people around them.. it's a bad circle: ultimately, it might lead to close people not wanting to be so close anymore.. which leads to more self-pity. argh. >.<

and i'm sheding skin, but that's something i do every year.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 11-19-2005, 07:58 PM   #354
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdanel
Vent: mostly i (think i) am rather long-tempered, but my patience has its limits too.. i can't stand people who pity themselves so much that they can't focus on anything else than themselves, and thereby also hurt the people around them.. it's a bad circle: ultimately, it might lead to close people not wanting to be so close anymore.. which leads to more self-pity. argh. >.<

and i'm sheding skin, but that's something i do every year.
Hmm...Sounds familiar...*glances at cat behind him*
Old 11-19-2005, 08:31 PM   #355
Nerdanel

Quote:
Hmm...Sounds familiar...*glances at cat behind him*
yeah, but that's how cats are supposed to be.. lovely.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 11-19-2005, 08:42 PM   #356
trolls' bane

Well, at least he's reasonable, and before letting him outside I make deals with him. It works.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:49 PM   #357
Nerdanel

Quote:
Well, at least he's reasonable, and before letting him outside I make deals with him. It works.
o.O are you sure it's a cat?

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 11-19-2005, 09:15 PM   #358
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdanel
o.O are you sure it's a cat?
God I hope so! If he starts making sense, it's definitely not good.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:23 AM   #359
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

I am so annoyed that I forgot to apply for scholarships at the university I want to go to. It's no wonder though, applications closed right before my first exam so I wasn't exactly thinking about things other than that at that point. DAMN IT DAMN IT DAMN IT.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:53 AM   #360
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

That sucks buddy. I forgot to apply for a bursary that I was totally eligible for this year. Stinks.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Closed Thread