Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #341
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Tears of laughter flowed down Quickleaf's cheeks, his eyes glowing from imagining Nami bargaining heatedly while Abasi ready to put an arrow into first camel that moved.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #342
orithil
Captain Jack

Hedrim nodded absent mindedly as Nami mentioned a Tavern, ahh a Tavern Hedrim hadn't been into one of those for a long time now. While he waited for everyone to come from the far corners of the camp Hedrim continued studying the map.

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:13 PM   #343
Midge
Faithful Gardener

As Quickleaf and Nami began to discuss the future of the trip, Aerin felt pathetic. Even an elf who couldn't see didn't feel that she was needed! She heaved herself up off her heels and picked up some food to carry into the forest, where she slowly ate what little she had taken. She had sought refuge with Blossomshade again, and the Ent-wife was being very courteous, yet not very helpful.

"I am an Ent-wife!" she boomed. "You shall come with us. I say so, and I represent those for whom we search! You shall join us. If nothing else, you shall walk beside me and talk to me. So far on this journey, the only companion I have to talk to is Earthshaker, that true Ent, ever since that annoying little bird left us. They will see, in time, that you are just another elf. They will trust you. You'll see."

Aerin listened in doubt. That sentinel-elf didn't seem like one to change easily, whether her ways or her opinions. And the others had been getting on quite wonderfully before she arrived. Who was to say that she wouldn't worsen the experience?

It was strange to Aerin, to sit and eat in self-doubt. She'd always before been confident, but when so many people were against her, how could she continue like that?
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 07-08-2008, 04:49 AM   #344
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami watched as Aerin stood and walked off into the woods. Inwardly Nami smiled to her self, then she scolded her self, "Bad Nami."

Turning slightly to Quickleaf she asked, "Whats up with you're friend?" Thinking about the fact he couldn't see what was going on she added, "She's just walked off into the woods."
Old 07-08-2008, 05:11 AM   #345
Coffeehouse

A burning sensation fled over Quickleaf's eyes as he wiped the last tears of laughter from his face. He poured the last of the water over his face and turned to Nami, "Did she leave? Into woods.. Yes we elves of fair Lothlorien find comfort between the greens. She was upset?"
Quickleaf could not understand why Aerin had marched off. He knew little of her, though a Messenger she was, and they were strong-willed, or so they used to be..
"Perhaps she needed some breathing space.. Nami would you mind keeping an eye out for her? As elves we should assure her, no one deserves loneliness after surviving Dol Guldur",
and reaching out to Nami, Quickleaf took her hand and held it.. "I'm glad you're here again. We thought you were in danger down there. My heart darkened, but now you are here"
Old 07-08-2008, 05:18 AM   #346
Mari
Elf Lady

Ellysa didn't feel like getting up and joining the meeting. She had nothing useful to add and it didn't matter to her where the journey would take her next. Her visions would lead her as they had always done.
I just hope I won't have to leave these people anytime soon though. I like them and they are my friends.

A bit sad she thought of Quickleaf and his condition. She would miss him, but a warrior without sight... no, he would have to do the right thing.

Ellysa realized that she had calmed down and had discovered a new thing about herself and her ability. She now knew it was possible for her to misinterpret her visions. This added a new dimension to the whole thing and she wasn't happy about it. They used to be either true or false. Now they could be both.
Ugh, thinking about this gives me a headache.

She saw one of the new elfs walk away and she seemed to be talking to the talking tree. She shook her head. No wonder her people thought the Northerners to be barbaric half mythical people!

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 07-08-2008, 05:24 AM   #347
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami's face darkened at his request for her to look out for Aerin, if she was a messager of the lady surely she could look after her self. She was about to say these words as he reached out and held her hand, her mouth half open, half a word utered, she closed it again and looked down at her hand and back up to Quickleafs unseeing face. Pleased but slightly uncomfortable, people could see after all! Nami made a half little laugh, "Well i'm glad i was found, it was not that pleasent being down there, really it was scary and dark..." Nami shivered at that thought, "Thats not talk about it!"

Looking back to the tree line Aerin had walked off into Nami frowned, "Since you are otherwise unable to look out for Aerin i guess i can if you wish, until you can see again of course. Are you wanting me to go and see her now? Im sure i can think of something encourgaging to say."
Old 07-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #348
The Sasquatch of Fangorn
The Co-president of Entmoot - The Half-Dwarven Guardian of the Ancient Forest

Borin was sitting on a tree stum whiteling a small pice of wood while singing a song in dwarven. He looked at the camp. What an odd bunch. Two ents, a wizard, a handfull of elves and a couple men. "Hmm.." said Borin shaking his head and going back to his singing and whiteling.

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Thanks for breaking up the group Yoko!"- The reduced Shakespeare company.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #349
Coffeehouse

"If you like, it must be long since she spoke to another elven maid. Perhaps you should go?", Quickleaf said, turning his head down, slightly embarrassed by his condition. Darkness. It wasn't natural. He began singing aloud an old warrior tune he'd use as a Captain when his company felt the light fade... in the pitch black of the war of the Ring. Quickleaf knew they listened from the skies, his brothers-in-arms.. Hellephian, Calanyäl, Ferrilas..

The silver drops slide
Beneath the black branches high
You leave your girl and your home
Fading trees, but we don't fight alone
Old 07-08-2008, 05:16 PM   #350
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

"All darkness fades." Nami said as she stood up and placed her hand on his shoulder before walking off in search of Aerin, leaving Quickleaf to his singing. As she passed Hedrim she stopped to explain where she was going since they were about to have a meeting. "Bloomshade and Aerin are not here and i figure they should be."

Heading into the tree line where Aerin had dissappeared Nami followed the booming voice of Bloomshade.

"Bloomshade." She called up when she had found them, "We are having a meeting as to where we are going next, i wondered if you wanted to join us?" Nami half turned to go but remembered Quickleafs words. Nami turned back faceing Aerin, "You should come too."

no one deserves loneliness after surviving Dol Guldur, must be long since she spoke to another elven maid. Nami remembered her own fear in Dol Guldar.

"I am Nami by the way. Thank you for helping Quickleaf yesterday...he likes to get him self into trouble when i'm not looking!" Nami laughed, "It is an odd group you have stumbled on!" Nami smiled and awaited for the two to follow. She hoped she looked friendly enough, she would have hated to disappoint Quickleaf and it was just not in her nature to be mad at anyone for too long, especially when she have no real reason to be mad.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #351
Midge
Faithful Gardener

"You should come too" said the odd little elf who'd come to fetch Blossomshade for the meeting. Aerin was going to ask why she would be invited when the elf went on to say her name and "thank you".

'At the very least,' thought Aerin, 'I know now why she gave me sour looks. Quickleaf is her elf!' Though her thoughts weren't still, Aerin found herself without words; she had too many different thoughts all at once to choose just one to say, and saying more than one thing at a time is never wise. After a short time, she spoke.

"My name is Aerin, Messenger of the Lady of Lothlorien. It was no trouble rescuing Quicklea... Well... I suppose it was just fortunate for him that I happened to be walking by; otherwise, it might have been a bother! But I am glad to help another Lorien elf when I can. However, isn't that meeting for the members of your company? As it looks now, I don't think I'll be joining you. Too many of you mistrust me."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 07-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #352
orithil
Captain Jack

Hedrim nodded as Nami told him were she was going. "Right..." he said to himself. He had never had a good temper especially not when it came to waiting. He turned to Quickleaf "Would it be alright if we left tommorow Quickleaf?"

Old 07-08-2008, 08:53 PM   #353
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Aelfwine had joined the group whe the meeting was called, although she remained silent. She was looking around at the strange group they had, when the menton of a tavern reached her ears.
"Oh I'm sure this group would be the talk of the town," she said.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera

Last edited by Acalewia : 07-08-2008 at 08:56 PM. Reason: I can't even spell my own name!
Old 07-09-2008, 03:08 AM   #354
orithil
Captain Jack

Once everyone had gathered around Hedrim began "I'll keep this short..." he took a breath "Where moving North tommorow,there is a town there we can re-stock and there's also a bar for any who are interested" Hedrim smiled to himself "any questions?"

Old 07-09-2008, 04:42 AM   #355
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

"Mistrust you?...Oh you mean Abasi and Tabril? They mistrust everyone, its nothing personal they just mistrust anyone that isn't on of them!" Nami thought back to how she had been in Dol Guldar when they had first meet, not very friendly.
"Dol Guldar has put us all on edge, most of us, including my self, got lost, for an elf thats scaried of the dark thats not a good thing...but you should still come...it would make Quickleaf happy at least...he's worried about you..and anyway you may know something that is of help to us." Nami turned to rejoin the others, if Aerin joined them nor not was up to her, she had done as Quickleaf had asked.
She returned to the others just at the end of Hedrim's little speech, "Well that was quick!" She said as she sat her self down next to Quickleaf again.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:50 AM   #356
Coffeehouse

Hearing Hedrim's question Quickleaf chuckled.. I'm the wounded bird everyone tiptoes around.. But he was glad to be asked, for he couldn't be more ready to set out. He felt strong at heart and mind again, although his stomach wound burned occasionally, and despite the pitch black before his eyes, things could have been worse. The time was now.

"I would ask you to hand over the map Hedrim, but that comes of as a bad joke now" Quickleaf smiled at hearing the news of their northward plans, "but let's just be sure that we travel eastwards too for the East Blight lies not above us, but when the Sun stands at three quarters of its path along the skies. Due northeast" Quickleaf said, blindly pointing to the south.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:12 AM   #357
orithil
Captain Jack

"Yes...of course" Hedrim nodded to Quickleaf "I shant argue with an elf, one with such skills as your own" he nodded to Quickleaf then sat down on one of the logs near the fire and gestured to the rest of the party members to indicate if they had anything to add, now was the time.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:52 AM   #358
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Aerin watched Nami as she returned to camp, shaking her head in disbelief.

'This elf doesn't even know who she trusts!' Aerin thought. 'I knew some people ignored some things about themselves, but trust? It's one of the most important things anyone has, and that she-elf does not know how she uses it.'

"Well, Blossomshade," said Aerin, "I guess that I'll go back to camp now. Are you coming for that meeting?"

"I'll come a little closer to the fire, but I don't need to be close together like you people. I'll just lean over the treetops and it'll be fine."

Old 07-09-2008, 06:21 PM   #359
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Aelfwine smiled to herself as Hedrim finished his four sentince speech.
"You weren't kidding," she muttered. She had nothing to say or ask. They were going North, following a long cold trail and hoping to find another clue into the Ent-wives fate. She would go along with whatever plan they thought of. Or something that was supposed to be a plan. Since she was standing at the back of the group, Aelfwine figured no one would notice her leaving. Seeing Ellysa sitting next her tent, the Rorirrim woman joined her.
"Can I join you?" she asked.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 07-09-2008, 11:01 PM   #360
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Aerin walked into camp just as Quickleaf pointed southward.

"Oh," she muttered. "I thought Radagast said we were going toward the Iron Hills."

Then, louder but still quite timidly, she said, "Uh... When are you all leaving?"

Closed Thread