Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-28-2004, 01:10 PM   #341
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
"Goes back on ship. Plays cards for the rest of the day because she's not allowed to leave and be on the adventure she was originaly on."
You know Sicirus, I wanted to go on the island too. It's my quest too and I have been part of the crew from reasonably early on. And I want to find that wine too dammit!

So I was a little disappointed when I had to stay on board. But you can't win them all as the saying goes, you've got to make the best of it and somebody had to stay on the ship. That's you and me and the possibly- undead- thing- that- goes- by- the- name- of- Human. You can't go leaving ships unguarded, it's not done. And we crew have our responsibilties to Captain and Holy Booze.

Granted, there isn't much to do aboard, and there isn't much crew aboard to interact with either but we've got to make the best of it.

Let's perhaps just disregard the confusing posts about previous ships, okay?
Old 01-28-2004, 01:51 PM   #342
Earniel

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
We have always had the Nal. We've had no other ship at all. We have some rowboats but they are part of the Nal?
Sorry to interrupt, first mate. But didn't we sort of stole the Nal at some point? I think EG made a mention about it a while ago. Hence why we would be stuck with the Thing in the Room (the Room is locked) without really knowing what it is. Could be wrong do, the memory isn't all it was before the booze and chocolate.

Quote:
3. Eärniel
Woohoo! I'm in!

I'm thinking Arathorn may pop in at large intervals, like he has done one or twice in the current quest. Dunno about BoP I think she has quite forgotten about this quest or has perhaps other things that demand her attention.

The new game would be a nice chance to get Ethuiliel aboard. And perhaps even others.

So, what will be the next quest? Will it have something to do with the end of this one or will it be something new? A quest of long lost alcoholised Ent-draught of the Entwives that fled and settled on some distant island?
Old 01-28-2004, 06:33 PM   #343
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
Sorry to interrupt, first mate. But didn't we sort of stole the Nal at some point? I think EG made a mention about it a while ago. Hence why we would be stuck with the Thing in the Room (the Room is locked) without really knowing what it is. Could be wrong do, the memory isn't all it was before the booze and chocolate.
Sorry, you misunderstand me. Or rather, I am unclear in what I meant. In the beginning of the quest we stole the Nal, yes, but what I was getting at was that we never had a ship before that. In one of my first posts I say that the others are waiting on a hill for you and I, and then we steal the Nal and at the end of that super intro post I say something like "We did it captain, we finally have a ship." In this I thought it would be clear that this was our only ship we have owned. And it certainly doesn't show us on an earlier ship.

Quote:
Will it have something to do with the end of this one or will it be something new?
It will have something to do with this one, a strong theme, but it will have new elements in it. A whole new search.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 07:01 PM   #344
Earniel

Quote:
It will have something to do with this one, a strong theme, but it will have new elements in it. A whole new search.
*gets very curious*
Old 01-28-2004, 07:11 PM   #345
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
*gets very curious*
Well, I can't say what until this quest is over. But after that I hope you guys will help lay down some bullet point directions for the new quest. And then you'll know the connection to this quest

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-28-2004, 07:26 PM   #346
Earniel

Thought so. Will wait until the end.

I'll do my best then to help and plot the new quest. Scouts honour.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:43 AM   #347
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Quote:
You know Sicirus, I wanted to go on the island too. It's my quest too and I have been part of the crew from reasonably early on. And I want to find that wine too dammit!

So I was a little disappointed when I had to stay on board. But you can't win them all as the saying goes, you've got to make the best of it and somebody had to stay on the ship. That's you and me and the possibly- undead- thing- that- goes- by- the- name- of- Human. You can't go leaving ships unguarded, it's not done. And we crew have our responsibilties to Captain and Holy Booze.

Granted, there isn't much to do aboard, and there isn't much crew aboard to interact with either but we've got to make the best of it.

Let's perhaps just disregard the confusing posts about previous ships, okay?
I will follow you to the deepests of seas my elf friend. I'm sorry mate. (just got into a quarrel with SD) I really have to disregard the post anyway. I can't delet it, or cannot figure out a way to edit it in a way that makes since.

I meant my post in a way that you had an old ship but it was torn apart in ways that you just didnt care too much about it any more. But I guess I don't remember ever seeing a post saying you did not have a n old ship since you were pirates and a crew ,somehow, in th first place.

Though I do believe most of the crew came from other places and were not originaly together.

Ethuliel, I believe would like to be in the new rpg. I'll suggest it to her.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:52 PM   #348
Earniel

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicirus
I will follow you to the deepests of seas my elf friend.
That's sweet of you to say. Lets hope you won't regret it. (I've heard it's rather dark and cold down there. )

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicirus
I'm sorry mate. (just got into a quarrel with SD) I really have to disregard the post anyway. I can't delet it, or cannot figure out a way to edit it in a way that makes since.
Don't worry about it, we all make mistakes. I can delete the posts for you but I think it's best if you just edit the post, delete the text and put [deleted] or something. That would make most sense I think, especially since we continued posting as if the episode didn't happen. You can leave the part where Human joins our cardgame.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:39 PM   #349
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

I'll edit what I can.

I have an idea for my character and Ethuliel's character for the next rpg.

Ethuliel is my sister and we both use to be the owners of the Nal. I was the captain and helped build it about two years before Captain EX took over it.
Our parents did not like me for my love of pirating and kicked me out of the family. But Ethuliel ran away because she wanted to join me on my journeys, plus she is my loyal friend and sis.
We made the ship with the help of a crew we picked up among "so called friends" and sailed off to sea to plunder and loot.
We should be able to meet for the first time as the Nal has a small fight with your crew over something (don't know yet) and you mates set your eyes on our ship because of the aging of yours. (No offense)

Before we docked on the island you took our ship on, my crew, save Ethuliel, knocked me out and I lost my memory of being captain. (Ethuliel left to return home because of trouble with the family.
In so you found me locked in a room half drunk and dazed.

How does that sound for my part in the rpg and ethuliel’s?
Old 01-30-2004, 12:47 PM   #350
Earniel

Hm, I don't know, I think there are a few plotholes....
[list=1][*]We stole the Nal but I can't remember if we fought over it. I don't think so, though.[*]We didn't take any crew that was already on the ship into our own. Otherwise we wouldn't have to worry about some things that reside in locked rooms and occasionally go 'Mwahahah'.[*]We knocked you out, locked you up somewhere to be dazed and drunk and then we found you again, didn't remember we just knocked you out and locked you up in the first place and then took you as a crewmember? I don't know, it just doesn't sound right....[*]If you'll ever regain your memory (which is very plausible when you're reunited with your sister Ethuliel), you'd be wanting your ship back. [*]No pirate with some sense would keep a captain whose ship they stole (or is it comandeer?) in their own crew. It's bound to pose trouble in the chain of command and may cause mutiny. 's not smart.[/list=1]

Those are a few problems I have with it. It's a bit shaky if you link your past to the Nal, but little prevents you to change the Nal from your history to, say, the Emerald Star and subsitute our crew for that of Obsidian. Though you better check that with EXK and EG (I can't remember which of the two introduced them) first.

Yeah, those lists are cool, EXK.
Old 01-31-2004, 09:57 AM   #351
Elfmaster XK

While what you say is not a bad plot alone, like if we were just starting out, it doesn't go very well with what we already have. Also, before new quest starts you guys need to wait and see where this one leads us

The reasons you can't have that history with the Nal:

• We stole the Nal from a dock in Seattle at the beginning of the story. I wrote that is how we got it, so that is already established.
  • We didn't fight over it. At all.
  • You were stowed away on board. We found you in a box I beleive.
  • We didn't take anyone into our crew who was already on the Nal because no one was on it.

I think if you apply this to The Emerald Star as Eärniel suggests that will be fine. Know this mate, it's beneficial for ye to have a vendetta against Obsidian.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 02-01-2004, 06:57 PM   #352
Sanity's Demise
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Know this mate, it's beneficial for ye to have a vendetta against Obsidian.
Aha....I sense a future plotline forming....... Alas for him....

"Think of Zombies. They're like Energizer Bunnies from hell! They don’t give up, they just keep going!"
-Casey on one of his favorite topics.
Sanity's Demise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 09:29 AM   #353
Elfmaster XK

Aye, Roya. Always plotlines form in my mind. Some of them de-form just as quickly, but I know that being at odds with him is going to be good for our crew. Those who aren't will soon see why they should be.

And it seems EG was unable to come and post this weekend as she said she would, so I will continue to badger her until she does

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 02-03-2004, 01:08 PM   #354
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

I meant to say my former crew members of the Nal knocked me out before they left the ship. Not the new crew.
How did I get on the nal unless I was apart of the crew? Or did I sneak on?

I know that you didn't fight for the Nal but maybe we ran into each other before hand .

Why did you steal the Nal out of all the other ships?
Old 02-03-2004, 03:34 PM   #355
Earniel

How did you get on board? The answer is where you look for it! In the beginning of the thread of course:
Quote:
From EXK's introduction:
Sicirus, Stowaway adventurer (Sici) – Sici was originally a stowaway aboard the NAL from before the pirate crew got to her. But he planned to get out onto land before the ship sailed again and be free to explore strange new lands. However, he fell asleep and soon found himself waking to the threat of burning at the stake and walking the plank. Luckily for him the crew were in high spirits due to the recent capture of the NAL and accepted him into the crew. The question is, is he as loyal a crewmember as the others? It is expected so, but time will tell, for in the beginning they knew little of this adventurer who came to prove a very useful, yet title-less crewmember.
Regardless of the slight sex-change. I don't think EXK realised you were female at the start.

And why the Nal? The capt'n had her eyes set on it. reason enough.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:35 PM   #356
Elfmaster XK

You got on board as a stowaway. You sneaked on before we got the ship, and we found you in the hold. Then we just allowed you to stay on board and you became a loyal crewmember.

There are other ways you could have ran into some of us before hand. For example, you could know me. XK, and so when we saw you I remembered our previous meeting and asked you be allowed to stay. That kind of thing.

We chose the Nal because it was the only tall ship in the port. It was the kind we wanted, the right size for a small pirate crew.

[EDIT] - Yeah, what she (^) said.

I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 02-03-2004 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:48 PM   #357
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

so, uh...where is everyone?????
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Indril Anarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 01:28 AM   #358
Sanity's Demise
Elven Warrior

Um, they put the lot of it on hold till that blasted cap'n gets back from school....

"Think of Zombies. They're like Energizer Bunnies from hell! They don’t give up, they just keep going!"
-Casey on one of his favorite topics.
Sanity's Demise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 07:02 AM   #359
Elfmaster XK

Well, actually, that isn't entirely true.

Captain Greenleaf was supposed to come here and post the final part of the thing a few weeks back, but hasn't. And so we can't move on until this one is over because you all need to know what happened.

Am still trying to get her to post.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 02-28-2004, 07:30 PM   #360
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Arwen Undomiel

The new rpg has not started yet has it?
I want to be in it in some form or way.

This crew is too much fun to be parted from.

Though we need some more posts. I have a writers block and can't think of anything for this rpg.