Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-15-2004, 03:00 PM   #321
Attalus
Swan-Knight of Dol Amroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Golden Hair
The size of his what
Saw that one coming, even as I posted it.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:27 PM   #322
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*an
Nah, my Finrod drooling isn't as strong as my Tuor drooling My Finrod drooling is more of an admiration from afar kinda thing. Give me Tuor and his, um, axe anyday! He combines the best of both worlds - really gentle and loving with his wife and kid, and a total full-on warrior when he defends what he loves. A true stud muffin - and he's all MINE I tell you, all MINE! *slaps Eärniel away*
What? Violence!? Help, help I'm being repressed!

So that's why you said I didn't need a mod weapon, so you could fight me better over Tuor. So unfair!
Old 11-15-2004, 05:37 PM   #323
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

*rolls up her sleeves*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 06:22 PM   #324
inked
Elf Lord

Ladies, ladies,

as Roseanne Barr noted "Only a man could come up with the idea that one inch equals a mile."

Do not brawl over the 12 inch pianist, not the shoe size, none of that matters!

You all know that it's really the wallet biopsy that counts!
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 07:16 PM   #325
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

No one seems to be after Beren... maybe I'll endulge my inner fangirl.

Is that Luthien? Aaaaa nooooo......
*in darkness*
Hello... who's there...
[Melkor]No one, go to sleep.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 05:59 AM   #326
Earniel

Quote:
*rolls up her sleeves*
Bring it on.

Mine! Mine!

Besides, isn't Tuor your son? Honestly, R*an, once kids grow up, you really do have to let them go.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:59 AM   #327
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

you are all missing the point - turgon had to be best
just think of gondolin - clever as well as good looking!
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 01:06 PM   #328
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Bring it on.

Mine! Mine!

Besides, isn't Tuor your son? Honestly, R*an, once kids grow up, you really do have to let them go.
Um, yes, I guess he is :embarassed: ... well, see, I'm halfelven - the half that is NOT his mom is drooling over him ... (will she buy that? *waits anxiously*)

And in the meantime, I forgot my elvish drool object - given my halfelven persona, I can have TWO objects of, um, interest - so one half of me gets Tuor, and the other half - FINGON! Fingon the valiant! Fingon the cool! Fingon, with his long, dark hair (is a sucker for dark hair) ... Fingon - your perfect strong/sensitive guy! Fingon - the totally rockin' warrior who is the only guy brave enough to pop on over to the heart of enemy territory to save his big-time bud, Maedhros (even tho he thinks Maedhros betrayed him), and what does he consider essential for this terribly dangerous journey? His harp! And he stops and sings in the middle of Morgoth-land! (I sure hope he had a travel-size harp, and didn't have to lug his full-size, orchestra-quality pedal harp! )

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 11-16-2004, 01:28 PM   #329
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Quote:
Fingon - your perfect strong/sensitive guy! Fingon - the totally rockin' warrior who is the only guy brave enough to pop on over to the heart of enemy territory to save his big-time bud, Maedhros (even tho he thinks Maedhros betrayed him), and what does he consider essential for this terribly dangerous journey? His harp! And he stops and sings in the middle of Morgoth-land! (I sure hope he had a travel-size harp, and didn't have to lug his full-size, orchestra-quality pedal harp!)
Certainly not to burst your bubble and dissapoint you or anything*, but this certainly seems like the time to bring up the old 'Fingon and Maedhros were gay' argument.

Ah, Fingon! Risking it all to save his one true love from the clutches of the Evil Dark Lord (A convicted Sex Offender)!
*instert tasteless comment about Maedhros being 'well hung'.
*I Lie!

Last edited by Wayfarer : 11-16-2004 at 05:07 PM.
Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 02:38 PM   #330
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Well hung??

Last edited by Artanis : 11-16-2004 at 02:48 PM.
Artanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 02:45 PM   #331
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Why, as a matter of fact...

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Last edited by Wayfarer : 11-16-2004 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:48 PM   #332
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

OK, OK Wayfarer.

Maitimo and Findekáno

Last edited by Artanis : 11-16-2004 at 02:53 PM.
Artanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 02:56 PM   #333
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

For goodness sake, woman! You can't hotlink from an Elfood gallery! Give it up already!

Here! It's the top picture! Indisputable photographic proof!
*re-instert still tasteless comment about how Maedhros must have been 'well hung'.
Now my one-shot joke has been dragged out for a good six posts. Eep!

Last edited by Wayfarer : 11-16-2004 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:05 PM   #334
Earniel

Oh sweet mother of unicorns! (to use Tano's expression) Thanks, Artanis, Wayfarer, for all the unwanted mental images I will suffer from for the rest of the week.
Although they do always say the prettiest ones are gay, incidentally that could explain a lot more about Elves than I want to know...
*goes of in search of mind bleach*

Quote:
Um, yes, I guess he is ... well, see, I'm halfelven - the half that is NOT his mom is drooling over him ... (will she buy that? *waits anxiously*)
*no, she doesn't*

But since you're only half drooling over him, I suppose we could share.

Last edited by Earniel : 11-16-2004 at 04:06 PM.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 04:53 PM   #335
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Oh sweet mother of unicorns! (to use Tano's expression) Thanks, Artanis, Wayfarer, for all the unwanted mental images I will suffer from for the rest of the week.
My gift to you.

Strictly from an objective standpoint, the absolutely hottest guy in Middle Earth has got to be Gothmog, lord of the Balrogs. Hands down. Then again, those Balrogs do seem to always turn out to be absolutely flaming - tough luck unless you like that sort of thing.

Or was it Melkor? He is the Lord of Fire and Shadow. Sounds pretty steamy, no? And he's so Forceful and Masculine, just the thing you ladies are looking for, right? Best of all, he's the one character that gets the most textual references to sex, even if they are mostly apocryphal - so you've got clear evidence that he likes the ladies! */Replaces the Mind Bleach with Rubber Cement on his way out.

Last edited by Wayfarer : 11-16-2004 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:57 PM   #336
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer
Certainly not to burst your bubble and dissapoint you or anything*, but this certainly seems like the time to bring up the old 'Fingon and Maedhros were gay' argument.

Ah, Fingon! Risking it all to save his one true love from the clutches of the Evil Dark Lord (A convicted Sex Offender)!

*I Lie!
Yes, I've heard that evil tabloid story - it's all lies, I tell you, lies!

(actually, I stumbled onto a story on Fingon and Maedhros thru a discussion on what slash fiction was - I didn't know what the term meant! Now I do! )

My darling Fingon and his good friend Maedhros only allow those stories to circulate so they won't be bothered so much by all those silly drooling (excuse me - I have to wipe my mouth) fangirls! Those of us that truly love them know better!

Old 11-16-2004, 05:06 PM   #337
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Quote:
My darling Fingon and his good friend Maedhros only allow those stories to circulate so they won't be bothered so much by all those silly drooling (excuse me - I have to wipe my mouth) fangirls! Those of us that truly love them know better!
What planet are you on, lady? 95% of the people circulating those stories are the Drooling Fangirls.
*The US government would like to inform you that the Wayfarer Going on a Slasher Rampage Threat Level has been upgraded from Yellow to AAARRRGHHH IT BURNS IT BURNS MAKE IT STOP!*
*Please adjust your plans accordingly. Have a nice day!*
What about Tulkas? He's definitely on my short list for coolest guy in Middle Earth.

Last edited by Wayfarer : 11-16-2004 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:36 PM   #338
Rían

LemonChiffon, ay?

and I'm on the same planet as Middle Earth

Tulkas? Nah, too much brawn, not enough sensitivity.

And as far as the "wallet biopsy" - when I married my husband, he had just quit his job (good riddance, too!) Neither my dad nor I had any misgivings about his ability to provide, because we knew his heart - a man of integrity. I know you were joking, inked, but I just wanted to say that (and hubby also has dark, straight hair - tho not as long as Fingon's, and he doesn't wear it in braids with gold, as Findekáno did).

Old 11-16-2004, 06:57 PM   #339
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Mmm... Lemon Chiffon.

I'm also suprised nobody mentiond Thingol. He wins the award for tallest, and he was obviously hot enough to seduce an angel out of heaven. Not even the elves that lived in Valinor for centuries ever managed to get it on with one of the Maiar. And at least 50% of his genetic material was used to make the 'Hottest Elf EvAr'.

Last edited by Wayfarer : 11-16-2004 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:42 PM   #340
Rían

Nah, Melian just had a bad day - wrong time of the month, or something

And Thingol's genetic material was used to tone down Lúthien