Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-07-2004, 04:52 PM   #321
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

This is very interesting to read. It would be even more interesting if people tried to interpret their dreams according to Freud's book..

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Nerdanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 04:58 PM   #322
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

I have a book at home. (Oh, I'm away now anyway.) I can't interperet dreams, but I do know that Hector's displayed a lot of intelligence.

And we should recruit someone to interperet all of our dreams. I think Spock is into that stuff. Let's make him do it.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:59 PM   #323
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerdanel
This is very interesting to read. It would be even more interesting if people tried to interpret their dreams according to Freud's book..
Please, let us try to keep this PG 13. Had a project on dreams once, those metaphores were sick...
Old 02-07-2004, 05:36 PM   #324
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Falagar
Please, let us try to keep this PG 13. Had a project on dreams once, those metaphores were sick...
I know! And my psychology teacher loves him.. He tries to convince us what dreming about snakes means..

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Nerdanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 07:37 PM   #325
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerdanel
I know! And my psychology teacher loves him.. He tries to convince us what dreming about snakes means..
*crick tries to tactfully direct the conversation away from Freud*

How many of you have dreamed that you could fly? Was it hard to keep in the air, or very easy? Whenever I have that dream (not very often anymore ), it's very easy--just take a dive off of the arm of a chair, or a coffee table, and I'm airborn, just like Peter Pan. One of my buddies said he flew like superman, and another friend said it was very difficult to stay in the air...she had to always be thinking about flying or she would drop.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 06:15 AM   #326
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

*take out dream book (not Freuds ) and coughs and in a very proffesional voice reads*:

To dream the you are flying:

Free: Means that you will achieve your ambitions easily.

Floating/Flying at a Low Altitude: If you manage to float by flapping your arms or peddiling your feet, success is indicated through dogged but determined effort. If your exhausted in it, it indicateds a relief from your problems.

Trying to take off and Failing: Your frustrated or held down with mundane aspects of your life and unable to find a way forward. Your ambition is way beyond your grasp.

Losing Altitude: Suggests that your ambition is waning. To experiance erractic flying implies either a fear of the heights of success or ambivalence towards your emotions.

Flying Towards the Light: A rare and unusual dream that refers to experiances that have been lost. Recconecting with an aspect of your life. If your flying towards someone who has died it is time to let go of those memories.

Becoming Hampered in Flight: Relates to setbacks. A lack of confidence may be present.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Lalaith_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 07:40 AM   #327
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

I keep dreaming in anime. It's all Grace's fault and I may have to kill her for it.

And lately I've had a ton of recurring dreams. I've interpreted the main one, but it's soo long that I think I'm missing parts. Running in the drain thing like at Burns Park, only it's really long and next to a low, long building with rice paper walls. There's a child behind me somewhere and a man in a tree to my left and guards and a horse pasture at the end.

See? Exhausting to think about.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 07:54 AM   #328
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Elenka
I keep dreaming in anime. It's all Grace's fault and I may have to kill her for it.

And lately I've had a ton of recurring dreams. I've interpreted the main one, but it's soo long that I think I'm missing parts. Running in the drain thing like at Burns Park, only it's really long and next to a low, long building with rice paper walls. There's a child behind me somewhere and a man in a tree to my left and guards and a horse pasture at the end.

See? Exhausting to think about.

Okay....

If your running, but next to a wall, it seems like your trying to run away and break free from something, but you are still being 'protected' and that you may want some more privacy. The child probably represents your innocence and could suggest that you want to develope something about yourself. The horse sugests a happy life.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Last edited by Lalaith_Elf : 02-08-2004 at 07:56 AM.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:23 PM   #329
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Last night I dreamed that I got rear-ended. But I didn't mind, because it wasn't a serious accident, and I was thankful that it wasn't my fault. We both pulled over into a parking lot, and the guy got out of his car, and asked if I didn't want to take my guitar out of the back seat of my car. This sounded like a good idea, so I took the guitar, and we walked through this school building to a courtyard on the other side, (sometimes I was carrying the guitar, and sometimes I was pushing a bicycle) and left the guitar/bike there. I came back to the cars, and my Canadian history prof was there, and he was trying to fix the head light on the car. I told him not to bother, because the damage to the front end was from my last car accident. there were about 15 other people around (including a man who I thought was another professer, but Dr. S. kept calling him 'counselor'). They took a vote, and decided that I wasn't at fault.

about this time i realized that the guitar I had left on the other side of the building was my dad's, and I ought to go get it before someone stole it.

then I woke up.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 02:28 PM   #330
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

You want me to try and interpret it???

Quote:
Last night I dreamed that I got rear-ended. But I didn't mind, because it wasn't a serious accident, and I was thankful that it wasn't my fault. We both pulled over into a parking lot, and the guy got out of his car, and asked if I didn't want to take my guitar out of the back seat of my car. This sounded like a good idea, so I took the guitar, and we walked through this school building to a courtyard on the other side, (sometimes I was carrying the guitar, and sometimes I was pushing a bicycle) and left the guitar/bike there. I came back to the cars, and my Canadian history prof was there, and he was trying to fix the head light on the car. I told him not to bother, because the damage to the front end was from my last car accident. there were about 15 other people around (including a man who I thought was another professer, but Dr. S. kept calling him 'counselor'). They took a vote, and decided that I wasn't at fault.
Okay...
The accident could mean some unexpected change or some sort of upset. The car can symbolise your personal power. The school can mean that you have the skills to resolve this problem and the bike means that you will have to make an important decsion. The headlight could mean that you are ready to face reality and the damage to the car could mean that you are ready to restore or replace something.

Last edited by Lalaith_Elf : 02-08-2004 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:15 PM   #331
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

I had a somewhat similar dream before, actually a whole bunch of times: I don't have my driver's liscence, but for some reason I was forced to drive my brothers and myself to school as fast as the car could possibly go, I think in order to save my dad from something mysteriously connected. But others cars kept trying to kill us on the way, so I'd would drive back home once I got to school, swerving like a drunk and speeding like a demon. Then the dream would kind of play in loop for a while, until I would have some miraculous epiphany about what I should be doing about Dad. Then I'd wake up without ever finding out what dream-me was thinking.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:19 PM   #332
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Do you want me to interpret this??? I seem to be doing it anyway....
Old 02-08-2004, 03:21 PM   #333
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Sure, if you want. That'd be interesting.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:32 PM   #334
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
I had a somewhat similar dream before, actually a whole bunch of times: I don't have my driver's liscence, but for some reason I was forced to drive my brothers and myself to school as fast as the car could possibly go, I think in order to save my dad from something mysteriously connected. But others cars kept trying to kill us on the way, so I'd would drive back home once I got to school, swerving like a drunk and speeding like a demon. Then the dream would kind of play in loop for a while, until I would have some miraculous epiphany about what I should be doing about Dad. Then I'd wake up without ever finding out what dream-me was thinking.
The brother aspect of this could represent a fellowship, quarrels or the masculine aspect of your self. The school represents discipline and the car represents your own personal power. Driving back to your home shows the centre of being, and your spiritual self. It's your shelter and can also represent a basic need being fulfilled. Acting like a drunk shows denial and the fear of loosing control or the wish to gain control. The demon aspect also shows denial and can be an image of self-doubt. There could be something between you and your greater consciousness. It shows that there are negative forces.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:43 PM   #335
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Whoa. That sounds bad. But as long as it's all in the subconsious.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:47 PM   #336
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Yeah, sorry.... didn't mean to make it sound that bad... but I only interpret was is written.

Does any parts of your life come close to the description? I would really like to know how close these interpretations are to real life.
Old 02-08-2004, 04:00 PM   #337
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

I don't know. It might, but dream interpretations are all really general. I think they represent things that only may be also, as if to say "Things are lookin' bad for you." (Not exactly the Mirror of Galadriel in other words.)
Old 02-08-2004, 04:12 PM   #338
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Yeah. If you see most descriptions they are always close to each other... like a car will generally mean the same thing in two dreams.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:52 AM   #339
katya
Elven Maiden

Last night I had a dream that I was trying to become a stripper. It was really weird...this guy was supposed to teach me how, and his grandparents were there at first. Then they left, and I was wearing these sort of disconnected sleeves (know what I mean?) and a silky dress. I swear, I thought I could feel the dress. Then the sleeves became a sweater....
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 12:04 PM   #340
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith_Elf
like a car will generally mean the same thing in two dreams.
I often dream about underground trains, buses and trams. Cars are common too. I'm positive all these vehicles have some subconscious meaning, haven't managed to figure out what though.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote