Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 05:57 PM   #321
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
I'm not twisting what you are saying. Or is it like the way you twist and distort the things I say?

I'm even surprised that you trust the UN. Don't you think they only let out what they feel they want to?
Yeah, there is an inherent bias in the UN as well, but seen-as-so it's run by more than one country, it tends to get held in check.

I'm not presuming to re-word your statements, JD. Unlike you. This whole thread I have been asking for proof. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:00 PM   #322
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Bull****. You got me to admit a JOKE.

I WILL NOT be satisfied unless it comes directly from the UN.

There, a soundbite for you.
Sorry - but for some reason anymore - I think it was less of a joke and closer to your true feelings.

The UN inspectors have said that weapons were found and that they were being hindered. but I guess you want a huge report coming out of the UN - that may not come. For one thing - if too much information is leaked - then Saddam Hussein WILL use it to hide the weapons. It'll make the inspectors job harder to perform and uncover the facts.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 10-16-2002, 06:03 PM   #323
jerseydevil

Quote:
Yeah, there is an inherent bias in the UN as well, but seen-as-so it's run by more than one country, it tends to get held in check.

I'm not presuming to re-word your statements, JD. Unlike you. This whole thread I have been asking for proof. Nothing more, nothing less.
And we have MANY news sources - believe me - you could find one that you'd like that would already support your established views that you'd be satisfied with.

AND I have REPEATEDLY said that I can not give you proof because the weapon inspectors were kicked out 4 years ago. Maybe if they were able to do their job the first time - you'd HAVE your proof that you want. And there WAS proof he had been manufatcuring and USING chemical weapons.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 10-16-2002 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:04 PM   #324
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Sorry - but for some reason anymore - I think it was less of a joke and closer to your true feelings.
A question: Do you live in my head JD? Cos you sure as hell seem to know what's going on.

I understand that weapons were found, and I understand that they were being hindered. I believe this. However, there is a small difference between weapons and weapons of mass destruction. As of yet I have seen no proof of WMD. Like you, I will revise my opinions accordingly IF I SEE THE PROOF.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:07 PM   #325
osszie
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Well it was a fact that weapons were found when the weapons inspectors were there. It was a fact they were hindered. It was a fact that Saddam Hussein has been trying to get nuclear weapons. And as you said it is his goal to rule the Middle East.
When did I say it was his goal to rule the Middle East?.........JD don't presume to put words into my mouth as well.......if this is the only way you can engage in a discussion then I don't really know why you bother

Last edited by osszie : 10-16-2002 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:10 PM   #326
jerseydevil

Quote:
A question: Do you live in my head JD? Cos you sure as hell seem to know what's going on.
I'm making observations based on your posts. I may be wrong - but for some reason I doubt it. You may not be wearing you aluminum hat right now either. Run quick, you better find it.

Quote:

I understand that weapons were found, and I understand that they were being hindered. I believe this. However, there is a small difference between weapons and weapons of mass destruction. As of yet I have seen no proof of WMD. Like you, I will revise my opinions accordingly IF I SEE THE PROOF.
Well then I guess the subject is closed until the weapons inspectors go in. Maybe then you'll have the proof you want. It probably won't be enough , or you'll find some fault with the source, or maybe by that time you think that the US has a gun to the Security Council's heads.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 10-16-2002, 06:10 PM   #327
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
............I understand that weapons were found.....
Sorry. I have to reword this.

I understand that COMPONENTS were found which might suggest weapondry, but no actual complete weapons were found. It is speculation (probably right on the money, but still speculation, nonetheless) that they were actual weapons.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:13 PM   #328
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by osszie
When did I say it was his goal to rule the Middle East?.........JD don't presume to put words into my mouth as well.......if this is the only way you can engage in a discussion then I don't really know why you bother
Sorry that was sween -

Quote:
He wants overule of the Arab world allways has allways will.

pg 14

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 10-16-2002, 06:14 PM   #329
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Run quick, you better find it.
I'll have you know that I haven't washed my hair for months since I found out that you could read my mind. My aluminium hat is right where I need it, baby.

Quote:
JD:
...or maybe by that time you think that the US has a gun to the Security Council's heads.
JD! You should know better!

It's a BIG STICK! *

* Note Mr. Winky.

Last edited by BeardofPants : 10-16-2002 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:17 PM   #330
jerseydevil

Quote:
Sorry. I have to reword this.

I understand that COMPONENTS were found which might suggest weapondry, but no actual complete weapons were found. It is speculation (probably right on the money, but still speculation, nonetheless) that they were actual weapons.
The weapons inspectors have said that chances are - they won't find the weapons. There will be proof that they exist, that they are being manufactured, but if people are looking for complete weapons - then you're living in fantasyland. They said that Hussein is too smart to leave the weapons just lying around.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 10-16-2002, 06:19 PM   #331
jerseydevil

Quote:
I'll have you know that I haven't washed my hair for months since I found out that you could read my mind. My aluminium hat is right where I need it, baby.
You weren't supposed to tell anyone.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 10-16-2002, 06:23 PM   #332
osszie
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Well then I guess the subject is closed until the weapons inspectors go in. Maybe then you'll have the proof you want. It probably won't be enough , or you'll find some fault with the source, or maybe by that time you think that the US has a gun to the Security Council's heads.
That should have been posted ten pages ago ..........except the gun bit
Old 10-16-2002, 06:35 PM   #333
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Ok, I have a suggestion. How about we leave it be for a while, until something substantial happens. It seems that neither side here is going to back down. Or if the discussion continues, how about if it's by someone other than myself, JD, osszie, or BoP? I think that right now that would be the best road to take before this gets completely out of hand. What do you say?

Psalm 107:31
Old 10-16-2002, 06:36 PM   #334
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
Ok, I have a suggestion. How about we leave it be for a while, until something substantial happens. It seems that neither side here is going to back down. Or if the discussion continues, how about if it's by someone other than myself, JD, osszie, or BoP? I think that right now that would be the best road to take before this gets completely out of hand. What do you say?
I'll back down if they will.

It's a stalemate anyway. Neither side can add anything else to the conversation that wasn't said before.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 10-16-2002 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:52 PM   #335
osszie
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
HELP!! HELP!! I'M BEING REPRESSED (j/k )

Seriously tho' we have been repeating ourselves quite a bit on this topic ............ it has always surprised me that more people didn't get involved in it

Cya's back here when the news changes
Old 10-16-2002, 10:33 PM   #336
osszie
Elven Warrior

Covering Each Others Backs?

Everything is about to get very complicated regarding the "axis of evil"

North Korea has admited to having a nuclear weapons operation

http://www.canada.com/news/story.asp...EC631081482%7D

Last edited by osszie : 10-16-2002 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-16-2002, 10:42 PM   #337
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Okay, we actually had them ADMITTING to nuclear armament...unlike Iraq, and it looks like they're still gonna go after Iraq? Hmm...
Old 10-16-2002, 10:55 PM   #338
osszie
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Okay, we actually had them ADMITTING to nuclear armament...unlike Iraq, and it looks like they're still gonna go after Iraq? Hmm...
It would seem so...........they are going after Iraq who may have nuclear weapons...........yet are hoping for a peaceful settlement with North Korea who have nuclear weapons .......I'm sure there is a logic in there somewhere.
Old 10-16-2002, 11:23 PM   #339
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by osszie
Everything is about to get very complicated regarding the "axis of evil"

North Korea has adimited to having a nuclear weapons operation

http://www.canada.com/news/story.asp...EC631081482%7D
Yes our news just had that on too.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 10-17-2002, 10:10 AM   #340
Sween
im quite stupid

Ild of loved to of joined in more but i have a social life and seem to be out or sleeping when most of this is going on

I would watch out if i was you JD cos BoP might come to america and bitch slap you all the way to iraq if you dont start been nice .

Seriously though i akm disguested by bush's actions of singing that resoultion before the UN has decided what to do. Its the whole 'we will do whatever the hell we like and you can just sit there and like it' attitude of the bush administration.

Im sure the american people love it. But the rest of the world see it as a slap in a face to them. His international realtions are the worst ive ever seen its a good job tony spends most of his time smoothing things over.

If someone asked me who are you most scared of sadam husain or president bush it would have to be president bush given the chance he could start world war 3.