Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 07:56 AM   #321
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Things are looking up financially!

I've been in contact with someone from Nigeria - who is going to transfer $19.5 million into my bank account!

Isn't that cool?

Now that I've quit my job, I think I'll buy 4-5 houses... in different parts of the country - or maybe the world. Then a yacht (or do I need one for the Atlantic, and one for the Pacific?). Plus - I'll want a special account for traveling between all my different places. And then... I'll still have about half of it to invest, so I can live off the investments!!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 12-13-2006, 01:38 PM   #322
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Lol.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 12-13-2006, 03:16 PM   #323
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizra
I just finished my Christmas tree. I've been doing my own since I was 18, so that makes this tree my 32nd! I really wish I had pictures of them all...what a fun photo album that would be.....

Oh...you are a genius Hector darling....

Will you please repeat that last part to me 15 more times?

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 12-14-2006, 12:00 AM   #324
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil

I've been in contact with someone from Nigeria - who is going to transfer $19.5 million into my bank account!

Isn't that cool?

Now that I've quit my job, I think I'll buy 4-5 houses... in different parts of the country - or maybe the world. Then a yacht (or do I need one for the Atlantic, and one for the Pacific?). Plus - I'll want a special account for traveling between all my different places. And then... I'll still have about half of it to invest, so I can live off the investments!!
w00t!
Err...what!? You took one of those! They're just scams! I get four of them every day!
Old 12-14-2006, 02:10 AM   #325
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Trolls bane meet sarcasm, sarcasm, trolls bane.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:59 PM   #326
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I got one of those stupid whiteboy british-wanna-be hats.

Read: Herringbone driver, or just Driver cap.

I hate me for buying it, but I love the hat. I got it in black so that I can wear it with my jeans, or with my black suit. A good look for me is an all black oxford/pants/coat/tie look, so I wanna see if the hat will work at all with that.

... I am SUCH a poser...

An update:

My sisters agree I'm a poser. But at least I acknowledge the fact, and it's a preppy poser and not a hippy poser... whatever that means.

Last edited by Tessar : 12-14-2006 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:23 PM   #327
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Heheh, best news I've heard in a long time! The RTBF brought some breaking news yesterday, after the tradition of the great Mr. Orson Welles.

Apparently Flanders declared independance yesterday! That would be the end of Belgium as we know it. The King supposedly left the country already. Half a million people watched 'the news' and the RTBF was afterwards flooded with worried phonecalls.

Whooo, you should have seen the panic in Walonia! Priceless! The CNBC even went along and took it for real news!

Of course now all the politicians are complaining and whining and saying 'real journalists shouldn't engage in this sort of bad-taste joke.'

Best joke I heard in years. Now if only the RTBF director and staff will continue to brave the protest and not succumb to the insults and pressure of the politicians. Oooh, this will be headlines here for quite a while.

Darn, this is fun!

Last edited by Earniel : 12-14-2006 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:26 PM   #328
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Won't that be the day ....*doesn't know what he's talking about*

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 12-14-2006, 04:35 PM   #329
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil

Isn't that cool?

This is so awesome! God but do I enjoy great sarcasm; very cool!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 12-14-2006, 06:02 PM   #330
captain carrot
Elven Warrior

Val's made me laugh out loud on about three or four posts recently, he really is on form.

not sure i would say sarcasm though, more cutting irony with a twist of a humourous wink, shaken not stirred with a pinch of heady surrealism.

(serve fresh ... goes great with Gorgonzola)

Last edited by captain carrot : 12-14-2006 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:21 AM   #331
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Heheh, best news I've heard in a long time! The RTBF brought some breaking news yesterday, after the tradition of the great Mr. Orson Welles.

Apparently Flanders declared independance yesterday!
heehee!

(the world is too serious!!)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 12-15-2006, 04:28 AM   #332
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

My exams are over . School is over . *Contented sigh.*
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 12-15-2006, 03:44 PM   #333
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Apparently Flanders declared independance yesterday! That would be the end of Belgium as we know it. The King supposedly left the country already. Half a million people watched 'the news' and the RTBF was afterwards flooded with worried phonecalls.
I read about the prank in the paper today! Incredibly funny! I wish they could make such jokes here too (on days that aren't 1th April because then you immediately know it's a joke anyway)

edit: Yay, found the "news" on youtube (it's in French)

RTBF Breaking News - La Flandre independant

edit2: Youtube is great. I can watch Belgian news reports about the fake news

Like this little video
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.

Last edited by Jonathan : 12-15-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:33 PM   #334
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:

Whooo, you should have seen the panic in Walonia! Priceless! The CNBC even went along and took it for real news!

Of course now all the politicians are complaining and whining and saying 'real journalists shouldn't engage in this sort of bad-taste joke.'

Best joke I heard in years. Now if only the RTBF director and staff will continue to brave the protest and not succumb to the insults and pressure of the politicians. Oooh, this will be headlines here for quite a while.

Darn, this is fun!
Now, THAT is funny.

But, anyway, you know that feeling, when it starts to really sink in that you've finished finals for this semester?

I LOVE that feeling.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 12-16-2006, 11:06 AM   #335
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*an
heehee!

(the world is too serious!!)
I still think it was a fun thing to do. And we pretty much made the headlines everywhere, even in Australia. Which, for a small country like ours, may be worth it. Chirac thought it was a very sad joke, the humourless piece of fraud.

But on the whole, it wasn't too far-fetched. The wish for independance does exist. For the last few years Flanders has continuously wanted and negociated for more powers and authority that previously belongs to the Federal Belgian government. There are several fields of tensions between the regions. And Flanders is pretty much the economic powerhouse of Belgium, truckloads of money flow every year from us to Walonia. Of the three regions Flanders is pretty much the only one that would be able to survive on its own. Walonia and Brussels would have a lot to lose in a separation. It'd be quite possibly a nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
edit: Yay, found the "news" on youtube (it's in French)

RTBF Breaking News - La Flandre independant
Oooh thanks! I've only been able to see snippets.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:22 PM   #336
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

congrats to the finals-finishers!!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 12-19-2006, 06:00 PM   #337
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

I passed an exam I had a couple of weeks ago. Earlier I had checked the results online and missread them so I thought I had failed the exam. But when I got the exam back in my hand, it turned out I didn't

I also just checked my schedule and noticed I have an entire extra day of Christmas holidays - the holidays will begin this Friday and not on Saturday. A very unexpected and pleasant surprise
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:53 PM   #338
Rían

wow, Jon - TWO very nice surprises!!!

Happy/Sad - we had a wonderful going-away party on Sunday - lots of good friends that we've known for years and years were there. I'll really miss them but we're only a 7-hour drive away or a short plane flight away, and with email and cell phones ... also some of the places we go camping are part way to Arizona anyway, so we'll just keep camping with them

Old 12-20-2006, 02:44 AM   #339
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
I passed an exam I had a couple of weeks ago. Earlier I had checked the results online and missread them so I thought I had failed the exam. But when I got the exam back in my hand, it turned out I didn't
I hope it wasn't reading comprehension.

I'm on holiday!

But my marks aren't up.

And I just discovered that a field course I took last year was never entered into our official grades.

This better not cause problems, because I know I got an A, and I want to up my lousy average.

But, I'm on holiday, making cookies with my Mom and playing Monopoly with my brother and reading a book my Dad brought home.

Incidentally, Remembering Babylon, by David Malouf, is an awesome book.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 12-20-2006, 02:45 AM   #340
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
I hope it wasn't reading comprehension.
LOL!

Closed Thread