Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 03:54 PM   #321
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Me thinks that they were let out early. Its first day, more like orientation ratehr than class. I'm not fudging with Buz's alibi, he could plant the idea in some one elses mind, then as Marty walks past, the memory trigger goes off and attack.

kinda like a motion sensor bomb!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:00 PM   #322
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

heh, very good posts all in the red herring - liked em all - yes, as some one mentioned great adorning shadows willow

serenoli's i think really stood out - that game is marvelous ... particularly the unspoken bond and the dwarf laying down the fool and his explanation ... a fool saving a kingdom ...

as valandil said before .. maybe it'll be Barli that saves the day!

the power of fate in ME is powerful indeed, watch the cards fellow rpg-ers watch the cards!

as i said i really enjoyed reading it all , though something about CS's post where she senses another nazgul just seemed incredibly tolkienesque ...

val's thin smile is good and rian's backstory ... where archers and swordsmen meet ... expect innuendo and winks a plenty!

question: where is Aiwendis? can she get to the herring to vie with Lilly, Rian and Earniel?

well, i guess barli will head over to the swan, maybe bump into bumble ... till word reaches him that rian is at the herring ... not one to really bow the knee in general (in fact quite the opposite, old barli) but he's a king's man .. and to meet the high king ...

... expect some tongue-tied overly elaborate unique... yetti - a quetty !

(ettiquette)

Last edited by Butterbeer : 12-07-2005 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:02 PM   #323
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I doubt Lady Aiwendis would be seen at a pub squashed with a bunch of others. Even though the King does go there himself, i'm thinking it wouldnt be proper for her to go.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:03 PM   #324
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Hmm... On the one hand I'm tempted to thrawt you and say that no, the class wasn't let out early at all. On the other hand... you aren't planning to knock Marty off permenantly are you? And you do realize that Mahtaliel will investigate on her own if her students start getting attacked, yes?
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 12-07-2005, 04:06 PM   #325
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

...er ...why's marty gettin attacked at all?

don't the watch have enough to do?

..without having to do any work???
Old 12-07-2005, 04:07 PM   #326
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Yes! I do understand, dammit, this thing needs some action aside from people wandering around angst ridden!! And NO he is NOT being bumped off PERMANENTLY! He still has a grudge to settle on that rochdol game!

Sheesh, I have no intention of killing any of my characters. Besides, its Captian Shah that is going to save his butt in that brawl.

EDIT: You never have been good at thrawting anyways...What's a thrawt anyways!?
Old 12-07-2005, 04:09 PM   #327
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

ahhh, good, then barli's off to the pub!

"all's well!"
Old 12-07-2005, 04:11 PM   #328
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
What's a thrawt anyways!?

that's elmur Phudd thinking ...
Old 12-07-2005, 04:19 PM   #329
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Rian, Elendur was Valandil's ELDER BROTHER
Whoops, was looking up the bloke's name in Unfinished Tales, then reading that lovely bit about how Elrond thinks Aragorn looked and acted like Elendur, and totally lost track of my post! I had Elrond-thinking-of-Aragorn on the brain, not Alagos thinking of Valandil.

I'll go change it either to a REAL long-ago relative, or to "your brother". I mean, heck, I could make it pretty much any relative I wanted because Alagos is so old, but I always liked Elendur and that little bit about him. Good thing you caught that!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 12-07-2005 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:20 PM   #330
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

BB - I was reviewing some posts yesterday, and found out that Constable BB had already asked Arastud a question, which Arastud never answered - shall we write that interview as a flashback, or just refer back to it?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 12-07-2005, 04:20 PM   #331
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Yes, i was about to say the same. Its not that big a deal, just stick in brother! *falls asleep*
Old 12-07-2005, 04:24 PM   #332
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

prods shah ... if you wanna fall asleep go and do it in the passing of the grey company LOTR discussion thread ... not here!

Rian ... yeah as i recall started to talk to arastud when khamul ordered him to go do something ...

reckon' the Constable will have a chat with Arastud tommorow ... though he may nosy on down to the herring when word arrives of you being there ...??
Old 12-07-2005, 04:28 PM   #333
Rían

That sounds good (re Arastud) - let's just say that Arastud and the Constable were interrupted, so Arastud was asked to come by the next day. I think it's too late to write that conversation and put it in at this point.

Be glad to see him at the Herring, though

(re Elendur - I put in "brother" - that seemed to work best. I always liked that Disaster of the Gladden Fields essay.)

Old 12-07-2005, 04:29 PM   #334
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

*wakes up* srry..sleepy sleepy...*Zzz* Oh, yeah, whats the relationship between barli and cap'n shah? Friends, collegues (duh) I was thinking of making htem drinkin buddies.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:03 PM   #335
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well, for the Guv, it's up to you ... but from the days of the street ...

*wanders off whistling in fond reminisence ... *

before it got semi closed down ... barli looks up to the guv (the guvna') ... i base the watch loosely on a tolkinesque version of the (pratchett) ankh morporkh watch .... mixed with the sweeney

i always thought of lazy drinking rascals in arms ... fond of a quiet life, a warm doze, plenty of good food, many many drinks ... not too eager to prod the long nose of the law where it isn't wanted ... jovial but not fools ... friendly but not fathomless ...

I guess, mates, colleagues and drinking buddies ...

now having said all that ... we already know from the ONE (legendary) post for the Guv,(GUVNAAAA!) that he (the Guv) can be quite efficient and noble ... he is a war vet ... and friend of Marty or ray's?? (course this ALL is up to you ... )

simliarly, when it comes to it Barli is no fool, nor despite his best efforts, he does tend to know what is going on ..he gets about and knows many people, he's tharbad born and bred ...well liked and respected ...since the days of peace (though the watch stems from the very beginnings of tharbad) the watch have kept the city in good hands by their understated methods of, ideally, doing nothing, ... largely to great success ...

though inefficient and lazy, prone to distraction and home comforts, he is known to make the odd mistake(s) .... but fierce as a dragon in a pinch ... and can see through walls given time ... as they say ....

so that's barli (very roughly) ...

...but no one messes with the watch .. partly because every publican in tharbad would rise up in anger ... (and there seem to be a fair few of 'em! )

so, yeah, the guv maybe mellowing in semi retirement with the watch ... ???

finding pleasure in the oddly succesful, if chaotic ways of the watch ... fond of a drink, a snooze and a chat?

but the Guv (at least as seen by barli) is the man! .. the Guv, wise and sharp beyond the ken of tharbad ... street wise and cunning ... he can tell an overcooked meat pie or just-off pint from a distance of three streets, just by watching the leaves fall .. or so they say ...

i think barli rather revers him ... for his humour, friendliness, street cunning, fondness of letting sleeping dogs lie (watch manual 1.b) and ultimately, when needed, for getting the job done ...

the watch .. a misnomer ... but a merry misnomer at that ... and for all their faults (or loveable traits) ... ultimately, not to be messed with ...
Old 12-07-2005, 05:13 PM   #336
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Funny, i thought of the exact same lines you did about the two of them. Sweet! And yeah, i'll have Guv swing by and meet up with barli once done rescuing good old marty from trouble.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:40 PM   #337
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
I doubt Lady Aiwendis would be seen at a pub squashed with a bunch of others. Even though the King does go there himself, i'm thinking it wouldnt be proper for her to go.
I am exactly of the same opinion.

And, please, consider that Aiwendis has a large household to supervise, dozens of servants in the Palace, not like Orrodel it takes lots of time.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:03 PM   #338
Rían

I edited my post to add a bit more at the bottom - a thought by Lilly (let me know if that's ok, CS), and Val starting to introduce everyone. I don't think the men would sit down before making sure everyone is introduced, so I'm keeping them standing until Val writes the introduction scene. Val, is the post OK with you? I hope you can write the intro scene, as it would be very interesting from your POV!!

Last edited by Rían : 12-07-2005 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:06 PM   #339
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Val - when is Buz gonna blow over all of this - he won't! He knows its all in a day's work with Lilly; she's got her own special Nazgul talents and one of her best ones is the temptress flirt thing, which doesn't really bug Buz; after all, HE'S the one she goes home to at night. He's the one who really matters to her; everyone else man-wise is just a toy or a means to an evil end, right CS?
Only one person REALLY matters to Lilly, and that is the beautiful, smart, bold, voluptious Lilaenwen! Poor Buz doesn't realize it yet.

I think Lilly became Buz' very own girl only right after the War. She always liked fine men, and made advances to all the men-nazgul. BTW, I loved how Serenoli made Tolvadok remember Lilly's flirting so many years ago. I don't think she ever got far with Tol, as well as with Khamul , though... As for the others, Udu, the Captain, missing Fourth... it is up to other players, actually to Udu and Gor.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:21 PM   #340
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

"Too bad he missed!"
I totally agree with that statement. Thank you, Rian
Closed Thread