Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 05:41 PM   #321
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Nurvingiel steered the Nal towards the island and anchored it far enough away from the island just incase enemies happened to be waiting nearby. Sicirus looked at the island and found that she could now see a few mountains in the distance and a few more shrubbery dotting the beach. The sand looked shadowed and gray and a few crabs walked across the beach looking for places to hide and find food.

Sicirus: What a barren island. I guess this is a proper place to be at the moment.

Nurvigiel: It looks as though nobody has been here in a while. I wonder there are so few plants.

Sicirus: I don't know but the captian will tell us if this is the proper island or not.

The crew of the Nal spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning up the ship and making repairs for the sails and keeping close eyes on the Loytsie. Ethuliel was fixing up the small boats that would take the crew to the island if given permission. The as darkness fell and night time arrived at the moons permission the island stood in darkness and the moonlight made it glow with an eerie glow. Yet in the distance on one of the small boulders on the island a glowing figure shined brighter then the rest of the island and gazed at the foriegn ship.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:01 PM   #322
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

Just decides to go off and cook food.

Tiny:*Humming* What a wonderful day today!*stops humming the song.*
What shall we have...ummm.....About about some wraps! We'll have the original, Mexican wrap, Turkey & Vegetable wrap, Sloppy Joe wrap and my special one- cucumber and chicken. For drink there will be a wine but only one glass per person and water. And for dessert we shall have.....Well I'll think about it....And why am I talking to myself? oh well..
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Old 02-22-2005, 09:18 AM   #323
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*When morning came again the crew prepared to lower the row boat. Not knowing just what to expect on the island, the captain decided to take enough people with her. Besides Eärniel she would also take Sarin with her since he was the only one who had been on this island before. The new carpenter Koroush would be going too, as well as Nurvingiel and Faligorn.*

EXK: Everybody ready to go?

Eärniel: Aye, ma'm.

EXK: Sicirus, you're in charge of the Nal while we're away. We'll signal if we find a decent to spot to moor her.

*The row boat slowly moved away from the ship, carrying its six occupants towards the island. When they got to shallow water, Eärniel and Faligorn jumped out, and guided the row boat unto the shore. The row boat was pulled on the sands and the pirates finally stood on Tol Menitre.*

Eärniel: *looks around* Looks rather deserted. You sure that tribe of yours is still around, Sarin?

Sarin: Oh, I'm quite sure they're still here. But they won't be bothering us.

EXK: Let's keep our eyes peeled nevertheless.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:28 AM   #324
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

aye, cap'n!
said faligorn, as he tethered the small boat to a tree root protruding at the beachead
Old 02-22-2005, 09:40 PM   #325
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Koroush leapt into action, recruiting members of the crew to help him with get the deck ready to recieve the timber. Brining out chests of tools and whatnot, he was in his element. But unfortunatly, the amount of damage wouldnt allow for him to repair all on his own, making him turn to the crew for help.

Turning to the officer in charge, "Look, if this is the right island and all, i'll need some help getting the ship patched up and i cant do it all by my onsies. permission to assign crewmembers duties if we are to remain here? Also requesting permission to row out to shore."

"permission granted."

"Be we will be back before sunset and more than likely later than the cap'n."

Koroush lightly went up to Nurv, Gulio and the Count. "do any of you have experience with a hammer and axe outside of battle?" He got a few lopsided nods and a no. "well, you are about to, i'll need help patching this ship and i will show you what needs to be done when i get back. In the meantime, gimme a hand and help me lower the skiff!"
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 03-01-2005 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:50 PM   #326
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*After the boat was carried a ways up the beach, and made fast to a root by Faligorn, Koroush started organizing what he needed for repairs.*

Nurv: Well, I know the business end of a hammer from the handle if that's what you mean.

Koroush: What if you help look for some stout trees to cut down then.

Nurv: Cut trees down? Erm... why not find some stout logs on the ground?

Koroush: No good. We need good quality wood for the repairs. Anything on the ground might have rot or damage.

Nurv (looks uncomfortable): I know less of axes than I do of hammers. Maybe I could help with something else? Not to be uncooperative or anything... heh...
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 02-24-2005 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:56 PM   #327
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

ooc: everyone please read earniel's post, and my post which immediately follows it,
Quote:
Besides Eärniel she [ExK] would also take Sarin with her since he was the only one who had been on this island before. The new carpenter Koroush would be going too, as well as Nurvingiel and Faligorn.*
Old 02-24-2005, 08:46 PM   #328
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Ic:
Sicirus watched the crew mates leave the na; and sighed. "Alone with nothing really to do but watch over the rest of the crew. Who by the way look half asleep of are playing with magic capes that seem to have some how slipped our search. We don't really miss weapons when we search people so how she got those past us is beyond me." Sicirus sat down and began sharpening her swords and making new arrows for her bow. She would spend the time teaching some of the remaining crew to watch out for danher in the crows nest. Sicirus sent up Ethuliel for the first shift and watched as she climbed up switchly and perched herself at the top with a large looking glass on her omen shapped eye. The prisoner wa still in her cell boredly playing around with a small instrument and trying to make loads of noise so the others would let her out and the two hobbits sat down in the galley chatting away about hobbit affiars, mushroom, tea, food in general.
Sicirus rubbed her greyhounds ears and he sighed with contentment not realising how eeriely quite the ship had become.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:54 PM   #329
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Mainsia City, Solis, Kiacca;

Willow: What on earth could be taking them so long?

Tano: Maybe the Nal was more damaged than we thought. At least this way we get a head start.

Willow: True. And if they had come sooner we probably wouldn't have had time to find those maps.

Tano: Do you really think they'll appreciate the effort?

Willow: Assuming the stories are true, I think they will. I'm still a bit worried though, What if they decided not to come at all?

Tano: They wouldn't do that, after all the trouble we went through finding the Wine? There's no way they'd just let it go.

Maeve enters

Willow: Any sign that they've started?

Maeve: No, still dealing with the repairs.

Tano: Still?

Maeve: They're a bit closer to the passage, I woudln't worry, they'll have to come through sooner or later. They've got an Other with them.

Tano: What exactly do Others do?

Maeve: Nothing much, so long as they're where they belong. Each Other is a bit of pure chaotic energy, in unfamilier surroundings they tend to twist reality to suit them. The effect gets stronger the longer the Other is kept away from where they belong.

Tano: The crew isn't going to like that.

Maeve: Nope, but it'll make them hurry, eventually, and by the time they come through you two will be far ahead of them.

Willow: Good.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 02-28-2005, 07:58 PM   #330
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

*Ethuiliel scanned the horizon boredly and paced the ship, looking for any sign of trouble. Not that she really expected any.*
*Sicirus comes upstairs with the greyhound Ethi remembers from the bar.*

Ethi: Don't tell me they actually aloud you to bring that... dog... on the boat--ship with you.

Sici: Er...

Ethi: *raises an eyebrow and turns back to look out to the sea.* Wait... what is that? *points at dark spot on the water, no more than a few hundred feet away* I don't think that's supposed to be there. It definetly wasn't there a moment ago.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
Old 02-28-2005, 10:09 PM   #331
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
Bob was staring at the spot too. She hummed eeerilly under her breath.

Bob: Row row row your boat, da dada dada...

The black spot floated closer, but did not get any bigger. What part of it was above the water was the size of a popcorn bowl, but what was beneath the surface was impossible to tell because it was in the reflection of the sun.

Ethi: What is that?

Bob: It is probably a Whittenvink.

Ethi: A WHAT?

Bob: "Not a Good Thing at All"

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Old 03-01-2005, 12:35 AM   #332
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

OOC: why a popcorn bowl?

IC:

Ethi: *stares at spot* It just looks like a spot to me. How can you tell it's a Wittinbonk?

Bob: Whittenvink

Ethi: What is a Wi--what did you call it again?--anyways?

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."
Old 03-01-2005, 02:38 PM   #333
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

Tiny:*Yells at the top of lungs* Lunch will be ready in a half hour! Be ready, Because they will be going quick!
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Old 03-01-2005, 05:13 PM   #334
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

*The Count, standing right next to Tiny (as his stomach had been rumbling so long he had taken to following the cook about looking plaintive) gave an involuntary start*

Count: Um, yeah, half an hour. Right.

*He wandered off to find out if there was anything for him to do, as he had had to remain onboard the ship. He was sure he could find something, or it would find him.*
Old 03-01-2005, 05:57 PM   #335
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Koroush bit his tongue after he asked Nurv to help fell timber. That was just plain dumb! "uhrm, yeah! I'd rather have you set the beach head and have it prepared for the NAL when we beach her. Set up the tools out of the tide line and make way for timber!"

He hefted an axe and walked up into the island proper, instructing faligorn what to look for. "what we want is a stout tree, with healthy bark and few limbs, prefereably 3 feet wide or greater and at least 20 feet tall. Make sure it shows no sign of rot, if you find a good one give a holler and we will see how we can fell it and get to the beach."

"sounds easy enough, hand me an axe, I take the north side. Seems to be some dense forestry there." Koroush handed Faligorn an axe, and separated ways to look for timber.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:26 AM   #336
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Nurv: No worries Koroush!

*Nurvingiel watched them head off into the forest, then went over to the boats. She lifted the heavy tool boxes on to the sandy beach, then looked around, wondering where the tide line was. After the forest, there were the occasional tufts of grass clinging to the sand. Then, the sand changed colour and there were no plants at all. She decided that was the tide line and moved all the tools down to it. She felt a bit badly for not helping out, but figured the Captain would have other tasks for her.*
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-08-2005 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:27 PM   #337
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethuiliel
OOC: why a popcorn bowl?
OOC: Because I was eating popcorn at the time. By the way, OOC=Out Of Control which is what most RPG's are.
OOC: PS, hey NURV, "tasts"? tasks. I know. I sympathize.

Bob: Whittenvink. It is a very random creature, but still not a good thing at all. My suggestion is we should not feed it.

Ethi: Why? What will feeding it do?

Bob: It will attract more of them.

*The Whittenvink began to rise out of the water, barely causing a ripple. It looked almost but not exactly like not a whale. You couldn't call it a whale even though you wanted to. It used the Nal to hide itself from the beach and then stared up at Ethi and Bob with it's tiny sad eyes.*

Whittenvink: Urroooo?

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Old 03-06-2005, 01:55 AM   #338
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

"Awww..." Ethuiliel said, looking at the whale-thingy. She turned to Bob. "You sure it's dangerous? It looks so... sad."

OOC: gotta go.

Old 03-06-2005, 07:49 PM   #339
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Sicirus joined her crew mates and looked ou at the odd creature sitting in the water and sighed. What in the world is going on now?

Sicirus: And what exactly do we do with the...whatever you call that thing?

Ethuliel:Well Bob is the one who knows what it is ask him!

Sicirus: *turns to Bob* Don't tell me this is going to be like that odd plant we found last time that ate people.

Bob:Whittenvin are not that dangerous. Just really really hungry.

Sicirus: What do they eat?
Old 03-06-2005, 07:53 PM   #340
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

meanwhile, back on the island, faligorn continued to chop wood, and pile it for koroush
Closed Thread