Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-18-2004, 07:49 AM   #321
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I don't understand what 'Voldemort could make Harry see things not the other way roulnd' means... and how does it make it ok for Dumbledore to teach Harry? If when Harry sees Dumbledore he hates him... and would attack him... it doesn't make it good.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:44 AM   #322
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

It means that Harry couldn't show Voldemort things that he had seen or was seeing.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 01:49 PM   #323
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Dumbledore knows that non of them were Harry's fault, so he wouldn't blame Harry for any of that. Harry's parents would have died any way. Voldemort didn't go after them just because Harry was born
Obviously dumbledore wouldnt do it. He is a headmaster why would he say that. One of his friends or a class mate might just blow up at him someday. And if it wasnt for harry his parents, serius, cedric, would all be alive. So what if voldie didn't kill his parents "just" cuz he was born. The underlying factor is that they wouldn't be dead if it wasn't for him.
Old 09-18-2004, 01:52 PM   #324
Telcontar_Dunedain

But alot of other people would be dead.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 09-18-2004, 01:58 PM   #325
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Quote:
But alot of other people would be dead.
obviously. but thats not going to be on the mind of someone that just got very angry and wasnt thinking things through before they said them. Like someone still in school. Anyways someone is going to have a go at harry this next book. And really go off. And make harry think for just a second and he might start believing that it was all his fault. He most likely will start thinking this on his own though during his quick stay at privet drive.
Old 09-18-2004, 02:56 PM   #326
Telcontar_Dunedain

Maybe it could be Cho?

Old 09-18-2004, 05:14 PM   #327
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Maybe it could be Cho?
oh snap!!!! yes! she finally unleashes the feelings she really has about harrys involvement with cedrics death! Oh how cruel!
Old 09-19-2004, 02:29 AM   #328
Telcontar_Dunedain

Maybe for the prom she has dumped Michael and was going to ask Harry. He turns her down for Ginny. Then she goes mad, possibly slaps him and shouts and screams about how if it wasn't for Harry then Cedric wouldn't be dead.

Old 09-19-2004, 10:57 AM   #329
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Now you're talking! That's the kind of stuff I like to see!
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 03:19 PM   #330
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizra
Now you're talking! That's the kind of stuff I like to see!

I actually think we should leave Cho out of this. I think Harry wouldn't want any contact with her after what happened this year, and that she would'n't really want to talk to him much. I persoanally think Rowling made enough of these 'blaming Harry of everything' in the fifth book, which made it bad already, and that there's no need to keep me suffering in another year of torture his continuous self-pity.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:24 PM   #331
Telcontar_Dunedain

But no one actually blamed Harry for anything, he just flew off the handle alot. I think some one actually having a go at him would be interesting to see his reactoin to it because I don't think he would start shouting.

Old 09-19-2004, 03:28 PM   #332
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
But no one actually blamed Harry for anything, he just flew off the handle alot. I think some one actually having a go at him would be interesting to see his reactoin to it because I don't think he would start shouting.
Oh - you don't? When he was blamed that he was lying, he started shouting - at Seamus, Umbridge... some others, in Hogwarts, we don't know their names. Now, when he is blamed he killed 4 people, he'd stay calm? I don't think so.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:31 PM   #333
Telcontar_Dunedain

He was blamed for lying. I think that if Cho said that it would really hurt him. He'd probably walk offwith out saying anything and ignore everyone thinking about what they said.

Old 09-19-2004, 05:41 PM   #334
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Quote:
He was blamed for lying. I think that if Cho said that it would really hurt him. He'd probably walk offwith out saying anything and ignore everyone thinking about what they said.
I agree. Its not lying someone is calling him a liar and he desperately wants to let the truth out. She just exploded and said "If it wasnt for him....." And harry would not start yelling. I think he would be deeply hurt and stand there confounded or walk away.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:55 PM   #335
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Harry needs to freak out....
Old 09-19-2004, 10:09 PM   #336
thranduil
Elven Warrior

yeah right. harry needs a kick in the ass. His life has been so easy. okay maybe not. there is no way harry would yell about that. Someone needs to have a row at harry and he needs to actually be hurt by what they said. and cho should say it that would be great. what if hagrid said it, but there is no way he would, even after how rude harry was to him at the end of the fifth.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:14 PM   #337
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

No, Harry needs to "freak out" because he carries all this tension, guilt, hurt, and confusion inside. He needs to let it out every now and then (like he did in Dumbledore's office) because it is normal, and healthy. It always seems "odd" that Harry can function as Mr. Nice Guy month in and month out, carrying the emotional baggage and unanswered questions that he does. (IMO)
Unless Dumbledore turns over a new leaf, and is more open and works more closely with Harry....more than just a few hours at the climax of each school year, Harry should be prime nervous breakdown material by this stage.
Voldemort would do well to poison Harry's mind with selfdoubt this time out....OR.... Dumbledore could shore up Harry's inner sense of purpose and well-being by opening up more to him during the Occlumency lessons (did we decide to go with Dumbledore as the Oc teacher??) I suppose Lupin or Chaudry could mentor Harry, but Dumbledore seems to be the one best suited. If Harry IS truely a great wizard that is.....

I think Cho saying some rather blunt, cruel things that have crossed her mind (and other's minds too) would be a great scene for this book. Perfect! Now, how will Harry react?????

Last edited by Lizra : 09-19-2004 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:29 PM   #338
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Quote:
I think Cho saying some rather blunt, cruel things that have crossed her mind (and other's minds too) would be a great scene for this book. Perfect! Now, how will Harry react?????
he does let out his feelings all the time. this time he needs to not screem at cho for saying it, but consider the possibility that she is right. and during occlumency dumbledore will see this and reassure harry and what not.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:49 AM   #339
Telcontar_Dunedain

Quote:
Maybe he could walk away really hurt from Cho but later on take it out on Ron & Hermione.

Old 09-20-2004, 05:13 AM   #340
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Harry does tend to take things out on his two best friends. I think Harry bottles up his emotions until he can't take it anymore, and then he uses is friends as an outlet because they're the only people he feels safe with. Though, that's more of a character analysis than a prediction. I agree with your prediction because of that though.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote