Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 06:04 AM   #321
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Hello and welcome, Finarfin. Blimey, that's appalling. That's like just about the most appalling set of circumstances imaginable. I hope things improve for you.

Have you ruled out ankylosing spondylitis?

Good choice of name btw.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:26 AM   #322
Mari
Elf Lady

Fin, first of all: welcome here.

Second: sounds like you're on a sucky point in your life right now I don't know if you have any interest in such things, but we also have a prayer request thread here.
I hope the doctors will find something for your pain and that your love will be able to fight her disease with all her might and that things in general will look up for you.

If you feel the need to relax and unwind come here anytime, or join us in the teacup cafe.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 08-26-2008, 02:13 PM   #323
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
O.o force-fed coco and tea? HOW DREADFUL [/not sarcastic AT ALL] :P

But thanks guys. I'm definitely trying to be careful... it's just difficult when YOU LIVE ON THE EDGE LIKE I DO!!!!!!! *strikes an awesome pose as an explosion goes off behind him*

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 08-26-2008, 02:30 PM   #324
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel View Post
Tessar, what's your job?
[whisper]Walmart...[/whisper]

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 08-26-2008, 03:12 PM   #325
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Hey! What happened to the pink ranger? I dimmly remember when they introduced the white tiger ranger... And that's when I lost interest in it and switched to Magic cards.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:35 PM   #326
Finarfin-1
Hobbit

Gaffer, Mari,
Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate the warm welcome more than you know, just having been ousted by an internal coup from the community I founded. Due to my health I don't get out much as you might expect, so 98% of my socializing occurs online. I think that my broadband connection is all that's standing between me and a padded room most days ::grins wryly::

Yes, I do believe in the power of prayer and am deeply appreciative to anyone that takes time from their own complex and often troubled life to ask the Almighty to cut me a bit more slack than a might deserve, but so desperately need. My name's Shawn btw.

Oh, thanks about the name choice. The House of Finarfin includes some of my very favorite Middle Earth characters, and I relate to Finarfin as someone who made some bad mistakes but his essentially good nature led him to put aside pride and take responsibility for those mistakes. Other than Finarfin my elvish heroes are Finrod, Fingolfin, Galadriel, Fingon and Orodreth, in that order.

By the way, the Pink Ranger disappeared at around the time Tommy (The Green Ranger) began having his fading power issues. Kimberly (the Pink Ranger) was having issues relating to that, and a bad personal defeat at the hands of one of the more diabolical monsters cooked up by that evil villainess (her name escapes me, though it's on the tip of my tongue). Tommy went on to become the super-empowered Ranger who blew on his dagger-flute thing to summon his uber-zord, and was the White Tiger Ranger at some point (I think)

Sorry, I absorbed metric tons of Power Rangers trivia because as the oldest of my family-generation I served as Chief Babysitter from 11-17 for all my various hordes of 1st and 2nd cousins. Sounds bad, but it was better than when they got fixated on the Rescue Rangers, or in the case of the girls The Winx Club.

Thank you for the invitation Mari, think I'll take you up on it. God knows I definitely need some new friends
Old 08-26-2008, 05:44 PM   #327
Mari
Elf Lady

Hehe, Finarfin, Fingolfin, Finrod... I don't care, I'll abbreviate them anyway. So you'd better learn to live with me calling you Fin. ^_^ (unless you'd really not want me to of course)
Well, you'll be in my prayers in a few minutes, but now I really got to go brush my teeth and get ready for bed... Past kiddie bed time in this timezone.

By the way, the Power Rangers look pretty much like the Ninja Turtles... *ducks*

Old 08-27-2008, 01:32 AM   #328
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Hey Finarfin, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, and you will absolutely be in my thoughts and prayers.

Have you considered maybe an allergy? I know it's weird and crazy, but my mom developed a problem when she was in her 30's, and she struggled with it for years... stabbing pains, constantly being exhausted, trouble focusing, and lots of back/shoulder/neck/leg/hip pain that would some days prevent her from getting out of bed.

It turned out, in the end, that she had developed an allergy to corn... and corn/corn products are in just about everything, so she didn't discover it for years till she noticed that the popcorn she loved eating would cause her to suffer pain the next day. Now she manages to eat things, but she still has trouble from time to time.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:36 PM   #329
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

God Dammit I am so friggin' tired of all of this stupid bull**** and my stupid parents and their stupid, stupid dumb brains.

I went to a meeting for the fraternity last night. We went out to eat after that, and then I ended up going with a couple of them to one of the guy's houses to watch Amadeus. By the time all was said and done, it was 2:30, and I had dozed off in the middle of the movie because I was tired from having worked all day.

Rather than have me drive home half asleep, one of the guys offered to let me crash at his place on his couch.

So I gave my dad a call and told him that I was really tired and I would be sleeping at a friend's place. Last time I didn't call, because I didn't realize my dad would have his phone off (I didn't want to wake them) and my parents were all worried I was dead in a ditch. So I called and left a message.

So I get home a little while ago, and my dad comes up to me and says, "I didn't tell your mom about your message, so she doesn't know. About whatever."

So it seems like now my parents think that I was shacking up with some guy. Because my mom thinks she's all perceptive so of course if my dad didn't tell her, she's going to assume I was sleeping with some guy, and it sounded from his tone as if my dad thought that.

I can't do anything right, and I'm sick of trying. I'm not going to bother to call again if it ever happens again, and I'm done caring and trying not to hurt them. If they want to be suspicious of me that's their problem now. No more trying to sooth the egos.

Can we point out that my having not slept with a guy before SHOULD BE A GIGANTIC INDICATOR that I'm actually a pretty moral, good guy who doesn't run around sleeping with people?

Last edited by Tessar : 09-01-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:55 PM   #330
Mari
Elf Lady

Tessar, I know you are sweet, have good ethics and are a great person. And so do your parents. If it's any consolation: when I stayed over at a male friend's place my mum thought the same while she knows I've always said I'm not one for sex before marriage.
And then there's this friend who is convinced I'm a lesbian because when I'm at my best friends place, we (well, the two of us and her dog... >_<) share her kingsize bed and she is lesbian.
I guess it's universal.
Just ignore it and be your lovely self. *big hugs*

Old 09-01-2008, 04:53 PM   #331
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

My solution would be to catch them both at a moment and ask: "So how exactly would you prefer me to inform you when it's too late to come home and that I'll crash on somebody's couch (and may I stress the word couch) if you don't pass even on the message when I do call?"

Then again, my parents don't worry whatever I do as long as they know beforehand where I'll be and whether they can lock the door or not.

And some people will continue to think the wrong things even if you correct their misconceptions time and time again. That's humanity for you. *shrugs and hugs Tess*
Old 09-03-2008, 03:51 PM   #332
Earniel

To the loser that tried to force the back-door of our shop yesterday night: You suck. I hope the next place you try to break in contains one frustrated amorous camel and that three hours aren't even enough for the firemen to save your sorry as. Do NOT come back.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:34 PM   #333
Mari
Elf Lady

How does your door look? You need a new one? >_<

Old 09-04-2008, 04:02 PM   #334
Earniel

Nah, we got lucky. There's a noticable dent in the wood of the door now, where the screwdriver was pressed. And the paint's a little chipped. But nothing's actually broken. We did spend a solid four hours on re-enforcing the door and lock in case he wanted a second attempt on a later night.

It could definitely have been worse, and I'm happy it wasn't. I just despise that sort of thieves. When they tried to break in our other shop a few years back they badly damaged the aluminium frame so it looked rather ugly and they ended up jamming the lock so we had to get a lock-smith before we could open.

The police weren't really a big help either. "Oh, you're lucky they didn't have another screw driver, they would have gotten right in." Gee, thanks, officer, that's like, really reassuring and stuff, exactly what we like to hear from you fellows in blue. And if they take a jeep and ram it through the glass front they're in just as easily, like in those shop break-in cases that were all over the news a couple of months ago. So your point?
Old 09-04-2008, 05:22 PM   #335
Mari
Elf Lady

Is your house attached to the shop?
Either way, must be a bit scary. You never think it might happen to you and then it does almost.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:21 AM   #336
Finarfin-1
Hobbit

::sighs::

Life just kicked out the last drop of happiness in my life. My 1st love/love of my life and I got back together after my wife left me last year. Things have been really great between us, up until my truck got totaled, I got hurt even worse and she started chemo.

Well, after a week of disappearing off the face of the earth she finally got back in touch with me. Sent me an email at 4:28am this morning. Broke up with me.

Her reason given was that I lied to her about 11 days ago. To be fair, I did lie, but *I'm* the honest one in this relationship. Over the years she's lied to me at LEAST one hundred times, but I always forgive her. I panic and do something stupid ONCE, and all of a sudden I'm "a pathological liar, who will continue to lie and lie if she lets me go on being a part of her life."

I know I should be pissed instead of hurt, but this last week I've been in AGONY. The kind of physical pain that literally has you begging the people around you to knock you out. Everything that can go wrong HAS gone wrong.

My life is hopeless. The doctors can't figure out what's wrong with me, the pain medicine isn't helping anymore, my family is coming apart at the seams over massive financial problems that are completely irreparable, and the ONE person that brought me any happiness despite all of that has turned her back on me in a final and definitive way.

Honestly, I wish I didn't believe in the afterlife. If I was certain that Hell didn't exist I'd just put myself out of my misery.

It's funny, we show more compassion to stray dogs than people.

I mean that's it. I'm not going to say something stupid, like "It can't possibly get worse" because it can ALWAYS (and generally does) get worse. Instead I'm going to say that I've hit absolute ROCK BOTTOM, and it would take a miracle of greater breadth and depth than the resurrection of Lazarus to BEGIN to mend what's wrong, because God knows I'm helpless to make things any better.

Just too much, you know?

Edit: Thank you to those who've responded positively/sympathetically. Things are just so bad now that I don't just feel hopeless, I actually consider hope an enemy, since all it does is keep you hanging on and in position for further suffering.

Last edited by Finarfin-1 : 09-06-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #337
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

It's funny how reading these posts put your own problems into perspective...

Finarfin: I am so sorry that all this is happening to you! Anyone will tell you I'm lousy with comforting words, but please know that I'll pray for you, and genuinely hope (yes, hope) things get better for you.

And I did have a reason for coming in here, insignificant though it may be:

I MISS HIM SO MUCH!!! I'm not (is this obvious by this point?!) over him, and I wish badly, bitterly he was here RIGHT this INSTANT.... WHY? I miss him so much..
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Old 09-11-2008, 03:11 AM   #338
Amael
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt View Post
L
-O
---L
----!
------!
--------!
Old 09-11-2008, 02:15 PM   #339
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I've been getting less and less sleep every night because I can't shut my brain off no matter why I try. So today I'm running on less than four hours of sleep, and my voice has been slowly going down the crapper all this week due to less and less sleep. Today it's pretty blech. :-/ I thoroughly expect to get bitched at during my lesson because he'll probably think, with how my voice sounds, that I haven't been practicing.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:38 PM   #340
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

That sucks Tessar. Sleep deprivation often leads to a vicious circle. What you could use is some mindfulness exercises, to still that brain of yours! Google it

Example
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.

Last edited by Jonathan : 09-11-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Closed Thread