Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books > LOTR Discussion Project
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #321
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I'll be a little late posting mine, as I was away all week end when I was planning to write it, but should have it done for Friday at the latest.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 10:02 PM   #322
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

That would be great TD - I don't sweat the days. Friday would be wonderful.

I'll be away through the weekend, but if someone else doesn't 'sticky' it, I'll do it when I get back. Then we'll just slide the other assignments back to suit.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:49 AM   #323
Valandil

I just updated some due dates, so please check the Assignment Post on page 1 if you're due up soon. I believe the next four are: BeardofPants, The Gaffer, Elanor the Fair and Azalea - all of whom I'm pretty confident about.

For you out there looking to pick up an assignment, there might be some available slots coming up soon... unless some AWOL members turn back up.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 07-06-2005, 04:05 PM   #324
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Can I safely assume that my stuff is due on the 9th? It's ready to go at any rate.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:46 PM   #325
Valandil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
Can I safely assume that my stuff is due on the 9th? It's ready to go at any rate.
Yes - the 9th is the date I have you for. Great to hear it's ready. Go ahead and wait until the 9th before posting it, in case anyone wants to get a few more comments in on the current chapters.

Thanks.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 07-08-2005, 04:47 PM   #326
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
For you out there looking to pick up an assignment, there might be some available slots coming up soon... unless some AWOL members turn back up.
don't bump me, or they'll be hell to pay
Old 07-09-2005, 01:23 AM   #327
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Yep, yep, and what are you planning to do Tom - tickle them until they beg for mercy?

My chapters are up - and yes, it is the 9th July in NZ... and New York.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:51 PM   #328
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
Yep, yep, and what are you planning to do Tom - tickle them until they beg for mercy?
not a bad idea, though i could always bump a few choice threads too
Old 07-18-2005, 12:49 AM   #329
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Yay it's Brownie!

I actually photocopied my chapters ages ago, and made some notes, but I haven't done a thing since! What's the ETA on those? (Scouring and Grey Havens)
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:55 AM   #330
Valandil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Yay it's Brownie!

I actually photocopied my chapters ages ago, and made some notes, but I haven't done a thing since! What's the ETA on those? (Scouring and Grey Havens)
As a rough estimate - the earliest that could come up, if everyone keeps getting their assignments done more or less on time, and if we get good coverage for inactives who volunteered - I'd say about late January or early February. Realistically, it might slip a bit from there. Still - you'd be safe wrapping it up over Christmas Break (what a Christmas present to yourself! )

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 07-20-2005, 02:11 AM   #331
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Eeeeeexcellent. *steeples fingers*

Great, I have plenty of time later then!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 03:17 PM   #332
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

heya nurv

that puts me at about halloween
Old 08-17-2005, 06:37 AM   #333
Valandil

Because The Gaffer stretched out his intro I left his chapters in the regular book forum after Elanor's chapters went up. Well... now Elanor's chapters have drawn little attention - I think partly because people were splitting their posting efforts and partly because of the time of year.

I've decided to leave Elanor's chapters as the 'active' thread for a couple more weeks - so I pushed back the next assignment to September 1. Then as a one-time thing, we'll allow three weeks so that the chapters up after that will go up on September 22 (a big day around Bag End, you know! ).

I'm hoping this will help combat the late-summer slowdown.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 09-01-2005, 07:46 PM   #334
azalea
Long lost mooter

Hey, all! I have my intro halfway done, so it may not be tonight, but tomorrow when I actually get it posted. Since it'll be up for 3 weeks anyway, I don't think that's a problem. This was fun! I enjoyed reading and exploring my favorite chapter in depth. I just wish I had kept up with the reading and discussion all this time.
Hopefully I can rejoin the project now that I'm re-inspired!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 10:51 AM   #335
Valandil

The next two assignements after Azalea's are to 'mooters who have been pretty inactive lately. I will attempt to contact them, but those assignments may soon go "on the block" for reassignment. Let me know if you might be interested. They are:

Book V, Chapter 1 - Minas Tirith
Book V, Chapters 2 & 3 - The Passing of the Grey Company and The Muster of Rohan

The first will tentatively be due in mid/late September - the second a week or so into October.

Meanwhile, Elanor the Fair has a wonderful introduction currently up, that has gotten far too little attention (even from me - I have to admit). I suspect it's the late-summer (northern hemisphere) timing... but I recommend everyone look it over and try to chip in with some commments, while we wait for Azalea to wrap up, "The Two Towers".

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 09-03-2005, 11:05 AM   #336
Valandil

Follow-up: OK, I just emailed both Haradrim (who had ch 1) and Dunedain (who had ch 2 & 3). Haradrim's bounced back, so I take it we definitely need to reassign that first, and I'll let you know as soon as I can about the second.

Any takers for "Minas Tirith"?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 09-03-2005, 02:13 PM   #337
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

You can sign me up as back-up, i.o.w. if no one else wants it, I'll take it. it might motivate me in catching up with the discussion again. But since I already have seen to two previous chapters, I'd like somebody else to have this opportunity.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:23 PM   #338
azalea
Long lost mooter

My section intro is now up

First of all, let me say that I regret abandoning the project due to unforeseen circumstances in the past year. Thank you to Valandil, who really was the one who has kept the project moving. Also, thank you to everyone who has done an introduction, because otherwise there would have been no discussion!

I also want to mention that although I may not have been posting, I have read all of the intros, and you guys have done a great job. I think that although many threads aren’t very long, the subforum will help to draw people in, thus periodically renewing the discussions as well as providing a forum for reflection and enrichment for those reading the book either for the first time or for the zillionth. Thanks to all!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:32 AM   #339
Valandil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
You can sign me up as back-up, i.o.w. if no one else wants it, I'll take it. it might motivate me in catching up with the discussion again. But since I already have seen to two previous chapters, I'd like somebody else to have this opportunity.
Earniel - I haven't heard from anyone else yet. I was hoping when people went back to college we might be able to pick this up a bit more, but maybe that will happen as we go along anyway.

If you're still willing, I'll take your offer to introduce Chapter 1 of Book V - then I'll plan to do Chapters 2 & 3 myself. Is it possible for you to make the 'big day' of September 22? (Autumnal Equinox as well as Bilbo & Frodo's b-day! ). If not, that's fine.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 09-16-2005, 05:32 PM   #340
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I've posted it in the message-thread in General Messages. Maybe someone who doesn't come in here often, still wants to give it a try. If no one has come foreward in a few days, I will do Minas Tirith myself. I'll try and have it up by the 22th then. So far that shouldn't be a problem.