Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2002, 04:40 AM   #321
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel

You know BoP you nearly always take the fun out of debates by bloody well having a good point.
But I'm the .... FUN LOVIN' MEISTER!
Old 04-06-2002, 03:40 PM   #322
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
I've said SERVERAL times that I dont just LIKE Elijah for JUST his looks but for the way he acts in real life too. For instance he doesn't like being called a Movie Star "becasue stars to me are just balls of gas". That is SOOO COOL. And he HATES teen magazines. Or he hated them "because they have weird titles like Big blue eyes Elijah Wood- we've got him". That was when he was a teenager and REALLY popular. He's just really different from other ACTORS!(grrrr almost said the forbidden S word). I think that it's because his Mom taught him at home and that helps ALOT, and he came from a small state.
I like reading his interviews in magazines BECAUSE he IS polite to the interviewer and stuff. It's cool.
Sam
ps.Entlover check out Forever Young and Oliver Twist the live Disney version. He's Ten in Forever Young and Thirteen in Oliver Twist. Both are pretty good. Um also the Bumblebee Flies Anyway is a good one. He plays a troubled medically induced amnesiac teen. I think he's eighteen in that one. Then there's always Flipper and Deep Impact
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...

Last edited by samwise of the shire : 04-06-2002 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-06-2002, 04:16 PM   #323
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Oh yes, Elijah Wood the uncorruptable and different from every other Actor in the world, who are by the way, evil.
Old 04-06-2002, 10:04 PM   #324
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants

Okay, I'll admit it....

.... It was .....

..... the ......

HAIRCUT!!!!!!
Oh.

*gives off a loud frightening scream* *goes silent*

I agree.
Old 04-06-2002, 11:43 PM   #325
TinuvielChild
Padawan

i thought he looked familiar when i saw LotR the first time! i remember seeing him in the live Disney Oliver Twist and thinking "my, he's awfully cute"

and yes, i also like him because he's Frodo. nice new sig and avatar, BoP!

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-07-2002, 12:11 AM   #326
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Quote:
Originally posted by Comic Book Guy
Oh yes, Elijah Wood the uncorruptable and different from every other Actor in the world, who are by the way, evil.
Why are actors evil?

I always assumed that ALL actors are different from each other, as they are people, and all people are different from each other.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
Old 04-07-2002, 12:13 AM   #327
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Thank you! Designed to annoy both Emplynx, and the meat eaters.... heh heh heh...
Old 04-07-2002, 12:15 AM   #328
TinuvielChild
Padawan

i'm a meateater, and i don't mind. i have friends who are vegetarians. sorry, BoP, but your little ploy didn't work on me!!!!!!! Bwahahahahahahaha!!! *evil grin*

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-07-2002, 01:10 AM   #329
Entlover
Elven Warrior

Thank you for the suggestions, Samwise.
I agree Elijah is So Cool; some other actors are cool too but some not as Frodofriend says, . . just like real human beings. I was embarrassed for Whoopi Goldberg at the Oscars -- but I used to think she was cool.

I have seen the trailer, it is very encouraging. I will refrain from filling this thing with exclamation points, but only because I'm very mature and above such things . . . (hides head under pillow and shrieks).
You guys are a bad influence.
Old 04-07-2002, 06:38 PM   #330
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Quote:
Originally posted by Entlover
You guys are a bad influence.
why thank you, Entlover!!! *blushes at the compliment* so many people are complimenting me today! shirechild called me "pure evil" at least 4 times this morning! my status rises..and rises...and continues to rise!!! bwahahahahaha!!! yeah.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-07-2002, 07:34 PM   #331
Elf Girl
Lurker

Lucky person...All I ever get is "insane" and that's so obvious that there's really no point saying it.
Old 04-07-2002, 09:11 PM   #332
TinuvielChild
Padawan

teeheehee..

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-07-2002, 11:54 PM   #333
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
When was the first time you saw Elijah Wood and were INSTANTLY hooked? This isn't a question to one person in general but to all of my fellow Woodites.
I saw Oliver Twist because Elijah Wood's name was on the video box and I regognized it from all the other names(this was when I was in the process of memorizing the whole FOTR cast list), so bout a month later I rented it from Blockbusters and watched it. First time I saw him I was all like "THAT is FRODO?"(Hadn't seen the eyes.) Well the movie went on and he kind of grew on me until I saw his eyes in this scene where his character(the Artful Dodger) is being scared half to death by the bad guy(some dude named Bill...? ) and his eyes just caught my attention and BOOM I was hooked like a fish on a line. My friend thought he was the ugliest dog on the planet...I slugged her.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 04-08-2002, 03:24 AM   #334
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

I love Elijah Wood as an actor. He's superb. In my eyes, he looks very handsome too, but of course not everyone agrees. And I don't think all actors are evil . . . have you ever heard of Edward Norton, CBG? He's truly awesome. I feel the same when it comes to Elijah, too. I'd enjoy Elijah's performances even more if he did more versatile roles, for instance: play a really evil bad guy.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 04-08-2002 at 03:26 AM.
Old 04-10-2002, 12:53 AM   #335
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Yeah, there are lots of good actors. I actually like lots of older, now dead actors (Henry Fonda, Steve McQueen & James Dean are the best!), so liking Elijah isn't really my normal spiel . . . but hey, he's Frodo!! FRODO, people!! FRODO!!

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
Old 04-10-2002, 09:59 AM   #336
elendili
Elven Warrior

Sam Gamgee

Is it just me or does Elijah Wood always look constupated in the film? Everytime you look at him he has this this pained expression on his face and he is always half bent over. But I think the actors for Sam, Merry and Pippin were very well casted.
Old 04-10-2002, 05:56 PM   #337
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Yeah... that's what I've been thinking! Couldn't quite coin constipated and Lij together though, but now that you mention it...

*ducks under cover*
Old 04-10-2002, 06:04 PM   #338
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I noticed he fell a lot, about at least 10 times. Not a very steady hobbit maybe but constipated? naaaaaah....
Old 04-10-2002, 06:21 PM   #339
TinuvielChild
Padawan

*rushing to defend her Hobbit lover* how dare you suggest that my Elijah was constipated???? he had a heavy burden to bear and he played the part admirably!!!!! (ok, now i sound so weird, but i don't give a damn )

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-10-2002, 06:24 PM   #340
TinuvielChild
Padawan

(this should have been on the end of my last post)
hmph.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Closed Thread